Money Shield 2013/2014

ember: 14631"]Good to see South Morang captain, Leigh Stewart hide himself down the order.. Too bad you didn't make many Leigh.[/quote]

How is it possible to hide yourself when you don't lose a wicket to the 24th over. Peanut!!!!. And if you have a look at last years order apart from Lawson and peters who were put up the order to get quick runs, both grooms batted infront of Stewart which was what happened on Saturday

How is it possible to hide yourself
Good to see South Morang captain, Leigh Stewart hide himself down the order.. Too bad you didn't make many Leigh.

Seriously, did anything good happen this week, or is this site about hanging shite on anything that moves.

Any commentary on the games?

How'd the relegated and prompted teams look?

Have Heid and Banyule got a better game this year?

Will Greensborough go one step further?

Or is Money Shield full of crap blokes who play crap cricket? According to this site, that's all Money Shield has got going for it!!

Unders

Not a Money shield thing, but just flicking through the grades on my cricket. I noticed it is BS, MS, B, C, D, E, F. That's BS, MS, BSR, MSR, C, D, E on the old scale & no ODC that I could see.

Has the competition contracted over the last couple of years? or are there more teams per grade? It wasn't that long ago I remember G, H and maybe even I grade. Given we've taken on Rosanna, Banyule and Heidelberg last season I'd be concerned as the DVCA grand poobah if that's the case.

Not a Money shield thing, but just flicking through the grades on my cricket. I noticed it is BS, MS, B, C, D, E, F. That's BS, MS, BSR, MSR, C, D, E on the old scale & no ODC that I could see.

Has the competition contracted over the last couple of years? or are there more teams per grade? It wasn't that long ago I remember G, H and maybe even I grade. Given we've taken on Rosanna, Banyule and Heidelberg last season I'd be concerned as the DVCA grand poobah if that's the case.

Fixtures for G, H and I grade will be out either today or tomorrow. All 12 team comps.
ODC will be out the following week as they don't play this weekend.

What planet are you on? The DVCA released the playing dates on the 12th August. F, G and H grades start on 12th October and ODI start on 19th October. If the fixture is not on my cricket, its because it hasn't been released yet. Given that the cut off date for teams was 2 days ago, maybe wait a couple of days before the G and H grade fixtures are finalised and put on my cricket.

What planet are you on? The DVCA released the playing dates on the 12th August. F, G and H grades start on 12th October and ODI start on 19th October. If the fixture is not on my cricket, its because it hasn't been released yet. Given that the cut off date for teams was 2 days ago, maybe wait a couple of days before the G and H grade fixtures are finalised and put on my cricket.

Cheers mate. I don't play in the lower grades, thus I'm not across it like you. Just asking the question and glad to hear that that is the case.
I was alarmed when I saw what I though might be the full complement of grades on mycricket (given they'd bothered to upload 3 vets grades despite listing no teams in the third one I don't think its a wholly unreasonable conclusion to reach. Given G & H kick off in 4 days I'd hope they don't wait too long to put up fixtures. I also hope they fill both grades.

Why does there need to be such an aggressive reply to such a simple question.
Ease up Toddy.

Seriously, did anything good happen this week, or is this site about hanging shite on anything that moves.

Any commentary on the games?

How'd the relegated and prompted teams look?

Have Heid and Banyule got a better game this year?

Will Greensborough go one step further?

Or is Money Shield full of crap blokes who play crap cricket? According to this site, that's all Money Shield has got going for it!!

Unders

Agree.
Watched Boro knock us off from a fairly strong position, needing a run a ball with 8 wickets in the shed. They are a really even team, steady bowling attack and a decent batting line up. Will be thereabouts again.
Our boys were good, and to get into such a good position, played really well. A lot to learn from the loss, but a fair bit to take out as well.

Great win by the panther boys. Pretty solid all round performance against a top 4 side from last year. We've always started poorly the last couple of years, so it's good to get off the mark with 6 points straight away. Who would have thought that Skips would actually be our best bowler for the day, and not batsmen.

And a warning to all other clubs. His 13/14yo son just made his senior debut for Eltham. 16 and a wicket. Can play.

Great win by the panther boys. Pretty solid all round performance against a top 4 side from last year. We've always started poorly the last couple of years, so it's good to get off the mark with 6 points straight away. Who would have thought that Skips would actually be our best bowler for the day, and not batsmen.

And a warning to all other clubs. His 13/14yo son just made his senior debut for Eltham. 16 and a wicket. Can play.

There's a carrot on the stick. Skips to keep playing and play 1s with his son. If he's like his old man he shouldn't need to wait too long.

Not sure if that happened considering NEW batted first!!!!

It does say that Lower batted first according to MyCricket - but it also says that NEW innings is c/c - would think that the error is that Lower batted first, considering that it is now a rule that a one day game is over once the score has been passed. (Surely the umpires wouldn't make a mistake)
Or I would have thought that our 2's may have batted on for a few overs after making it to our target of 22.

It does say that Lower batted first according to MyCricket - but it also says that NEW innings is c/c - would think that the error is that Lower batted first, considering that it is now a rule that a one day game is over once the score has been passed. (Surely the umpires wouldn't make a mistake)
Or I would have thought that our 2's may have batted on for a few overs after making it to our target of 22.
NEW batted first and beside that there all a really good bunch of blokes in there money side dare say they would take pleasures in humiliating a team those bloke are more keen to get off and have a can and a chat!!!! Ripping lads

NEW batted first and beside that there all a really good bunch of blokes in there money side dare say they would take pleasures in humiliating a team those bloke are more keen to get off and have a can and a chat!!!! Ripping lads
Fair enough, was just going by score card which had NEW batting 2nd.

Banyule and Heidelberg have seemed to improve from last year, some big names returning for both, massive game this week between them. Are there rules in place for what players are allowed to wear on the field in the DVCA? Pathetic look for the comp when there are players wearing surfing brands hats in the field.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the rules state that clubs must choose one style of hat for all players to wear, along with the white floppy. Meaning that players have two choices of cap to wear. That would mean, if a club has a baggy cap, and a baseball cap, players should all be wearing the same. I don't think it is policed as strict as that though, and as long as it is an official club hat, it gets overlooked.

In relation to your surfing cap comment, they should each be fined by the umpire (via the DVCA) and is around $25? per offense. What grade was that in?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the rules state that clubs must choose one style of hat for all players to wear, along with the white floppy. Meaning that players have two choices of cap to wear. That would mean, if a club has a baggy cap, and a baseball cap, players should all be wearing the same. I don't think it is policed as strict as that though, and as long as it is an official club hat, it gets overlooked.

In relation to your surfing cap comment, they should each be fined by the umpire (via the DVCA) and is around $25? per offense. What grade was that in?

There's nothing in the rules about clubs choosing one style of hat for all. This is the rule about what players can wear on their head:
  • Club caps and hats, or a white cap or hat or headband or approved helmet

There's nothing in the rules about clubs choosing one style of hat for all. This is the rule about what players can wear on their head:
  • Club caps and hats, or a white cap or hat or headband or approved helmet

I was sure there is something about clubs not having a whole heap of different styles of caps? It may have been correspondence sent from the DVCA to clubs, rather what is written in the rule book. Again, I am not 100%.

Back