Money Shield 2013/2014

Irrespective, getting around in a billabong etc hat is a shit look on the cricket field. I'm all for sun smart but that should be a fine from the umpire.

I think you quoted the wrong post?

I agree though, thats just not good enough, no matter what grade you're playing. I know players forget their hat every week. That happens, but surely someone has a spare in their bag.

Looks like a very even Money Shield this year. Lower Plenty and Montmorency seem to have lost too many players to stay in the top half. Heidelberg and Banyule have improved. Greensborough's year finally?

Looks like a very even Money Shield this year. Lower Plenty and Montmorency seem to have lost too many players to stay in the top half. Heidelberg and Banyule have improved. Greensborough's year finally?

I think that it was Tongs that said not to place too much importance on the early one day games, but with Boro winning both games from tough positions in the last couple of overs, that the 12 points they have now could be very handy come seasons end.

A really even comp, momentum is huge, we were 8/56 and looking in the poo, but conjured a good score of 115, and even with Morang at 3/65, momentum swung and we took 7/16 off 19 overs to win. Sides are even and it is all about playing the entire game out, never think that a side is beat.
G'Boro both games proves that as well.

I didn't say that at all, I said to not write a team off based on the first game or two, nor do you start talking flags after round 1.

Runs on the board early helps, so getting early wins in the season is a bonus. but the 2 days games is where people/sides get found out. That's why I'm stoked we've started so strongly, 2-0 going into the serious stuff is a huge bonus.

They can't take away the points you already have, hey!

I didn't say that at all, I said to not write a team off based on the first game or two, nor do you start talking flags after round 1.

Runs on the board early helps, so getting early wins in the season is a bonus. but the 2 days games is where people/sides get found out. That's why I'm stoked we've started so strongly, 2-0 going into the serious stuff is a huge bonus.

Heidelberg & Banyule have improved? On what basis, Heidelberg have played 2 of the weaker teams in the comp, don't have any bowlers, have put all their eggs & $$$ into the Sri Lankan. Will rely heavily on him with bat & ball. Both will finish like last season.

Heidelberg & Banyule have improved? On what basis, Heidelberg have played 2 of the weaker teams in the comp, don't have any bowlers, have put all their eggs & $$$ into the Sri Lankan. Will rely heavily on him with bat & ball. Both will finish like last season.

You also said that Rosanna are a better side than Macleod. How's that prediction working out for ya ?

Don't think they'll make the 4. Didn't think they would at the start of the year, and at 0-2 my opinion hasn't changed. Taking last years ladder, and assuming they don't roll anyone outright (which they won't!). Three losses put Macleod at 4th. They've had 2, barring a major upset they won't beat Diamond Creek. So they haven't got a lot of room to wiggle.

Pretty happy with Boro's start, 12 points from 2 games playing 2 of the tougher teams, although Money looks pretty even this year. Not playing anywhere near our best as a team yet either.

Yeah but, nah but, yeah but, nah but, they played each other last weekend u know ?
Was it you, or someone else , correct me if I am wrong, who stated that Rosanna would finish on top in Barclay ?
Yes I know they played each other. Was a close game. I believe I said they would make finals. Not an ideal start, 1 day cricket usually throws up unexpected results. Am sure we will find out more with 2 day cricket.

Those 2 one dayers are so important. If you lose them both, you are putting yourself under so much pressure. Still think Rosanna will win 4 or 5 games though.

Back