Money Shield 2017/18

That's pretty good Bricky. As you obviously have the ability to see into the future, what is your prediction for the Granny?
I didn’t get a chance to see the Banyule game.I was held up at plenty park. From what I saw the Plenty boys are looking pretty sharp, would have to be a mighty effort for Heidelberg to knock them off. But hey grand finals can throw up some crazy results as we have seen in the past...

Heidelberg have been the big surprise for me I had them battling for relegation before the season started . Whitcher recruit of the year ?

Plenty have been red hot favourites from round 1 and deservedly so but funnier things have happened . As always Johnson is the one to watch , probably the best in the Comp at taking a game away from you within a few hours. Can’t remember the last time they lost when he went well.

I’m tipping plenty to win but won’t be surprised again if the bergs find a way .

Heidelberg have been the big surprise for me I had them battling for relegation before the season started . Whitcher recruit of the year ?

Plenty have been red hot favourites from round 1 and deservedly so but funnier things have happened . As always Johnson is the one to watch , probably the best in the Comp at taking a game away from you within a few hours. Can’t remember the last time they lost when he went well.

I’m tipping plenty to win but won’t be surprised again if the bergs find a way .
Agree with you there AB.
Whitcher and Cashen have had great years and taken them to the GF. Who knows, if they both deliver one more time it could be the year of Yellow & Black!

Agree with you there AB.
Whitcher and Cashen have had great years and taken them to the GF. Who knows, if they both deliver one more time it could be the year of Yellow & Black!
I’ve put up with enough tiger success in the last twelve months but who knows . May even be enough for you to go back pep?

Agree with you there AB.
Yes they have had very good seasons but a glance at the ladder and wickets taken by Heidelberg for the season would suggest the bowlers have had a fair say in it as well. They've snuck under the radar because they had more consistent performers over the entire season. They also have a couple of handy spinners which has seemed to work on the new flat decks.

Why so tough? Eltham bowled this side out for 94. Sounds like you were done before you rocked up.

That's a silly question. If I'd said we should have won because they got bowled out for less than 100 one game you'd be calling me arrogant. They're a good team and one slip up doesn't make anyone an easy beat. Defeatists is not a word I would use to describe our 1st XI.

bye bye tom burton. his up to his usual tricks and has wh0red himself out like he does. my mail says his off to a non dvca club.

B brutal hope you can captain coach your spaz shield team next year. there might not be anyone left.

GF weekend and we're still banging on about a relegated clubs troubles.

What are everyone's thoughts for the game?

Plenty - Everything to lose after only losing the one game, Johnson in serious form the past 2 games and the obvious X factor Peters who you would think would bring some big game experience to the table.
Heidelberg - Flown under the radar under the back of 2 outstanding seasons from Whitcher/Cashen and an even bowling spread, clearly the underdog.

If Plenty bat first, and lose a couple wickets early including the main man things could get very interesting. Local sport is riddled with stories about the dominant team all season tripping over at the last hurdle.

GF weekend and we're still banging on about a relegated clubs troubles.

What are everyone's thoughts for the game?

Plenty - Everything to lose after only losing the one game, Johnson in serious form the past 2 games and the obvious X factor Peters who you would think would bring some big game experience to the table.
Heidelberg - Flown under the radar under the back of 2 outstanding seasons from Whitcher/Cashen and an even bowling spread, clearly the underdog.

If Plenty bat first, and lose a couple wickets early including the main man things could get very interesting. Local sport is riddled with stories about the dominant team all season tripping over at the last hurdle.

Hurstbridge beating Lalor in 2003 DVFL Div 2 GF is the greatest one of them all :D

I think Heidelberg's attack may prove the surprise difference. Lots of slower type bowlers and a captain who sets smart fields accordingly. Lots of pressure on Plenty to return to Barclay and they cannot afford a slip up. Many will have plenty certainties but I think an upset is on the cards here.

You’d like that wouldn’t you young red nick!
Plenty were on top early in the day despite losing Connelly early. Johnson was clean bowled by Fotinopolous after looking very solid when the score was on 63. Zull then joined Smith and the pair put on 60 odd and seemed to be in control but after a serious of maidens and slow scoring Smith ran himself out. Peters came in blazing like I remember Sir Viv and looked like he was keen to get on with the job but a return chance to Fotinopolous from Zull saw the ball deflect onto the stumps and Peters was tragically run out. From the Smith dismissal Heidelberg then took 6/24. The last pair of Barclay and Gavin batted smartly and put on 21 until Barclay was run out in the last over. Heidelberg's bowlers just seemed to do what they have done all year and that is strangle the batsmen and wait for the mistake. Ridewood coming back into the team after Christmas has clearly been a major addition to the bergs bowling. I think he bowled 25 or 30 overs yesterday and ended up with 3fa. The 165 is a competitive score and the Heidelberg bats will have a few nervous sleeps during the week.

Plenty were on top early in the day despite losing Connelly early. Johnson was clean bowled by Fotinopolous after looking very solid when the score was on 63. Zull then joined Smith and the pair put on 60 odd and seemed to be in control but after a serious of maidens and slow scoring Smith ran himself out. Peters came in blazing like I remember Sir Viv and looked like he was keen to get on with the job but a return chance to Fotinopolous from Zull saw the ball deflect onto the stumps and Peters was tragically run out. From the Smith dismissal Heidelberg then took 6/24. The last pair of Barclay and Gavin batted smartly and put on 21 until Barclay was run out in the last over. Heidelberg's bowlers just seemed to do what they have done all year and that is strangle the batsmen and wait for the mistake. Ridewood coming back into the team after Christmas has clearly been a major addition to the bergs bowling. I think he bowled 25 or 30 overs yesterday and ended up with 3fa. The 165 is a competitive score and the Heidelberg bats will have a few nervous sleeps during the week.
You sound like a really passionate man, hopefully for your sake the Berger boys can get it done! No doubt you’ll be having a few nervous sleeps aswell..

Back