Most over-rated bowler in the world.....

Re: Most over-rated bowler in the world.....

I never said Lee was a hack, I just said that he was on the whole, over-rated.

I notice you left his average out, 30+ as a strike bowler, doesn't cut it, especially when you played at least 50% of your career with the likes of Warne, McGrath and Gillespie in the team.

Lee bowled superbly between mid 2005 up to late 2007.

2 years of high quality fast bowling, unfortunately, his performance outside that period can best be described as average.

I never said he was a hack, rather I thought he was over-rated, especially when the likes of Lillee describe him as an 'all-time great'.

Too often I have memories of Lee steamning in, pitching short, then pitching full, another 4, then catching the edge only for a cry of NO BALL.

Re: Most over-rated bowler in the world.....

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;396846 said:
I never said Lee was a hack, I just said that he was on the whole, over-rated.

I notice you left his average out, 30+ as a strike bowler, doesn't cut it, especially when you played at least 50% of your career with the likes of Warne, McGrath and Gillespie in the team.

Lee bowled superbly between mid 2005 up to late 2007.

2 years of high quality fast bowling, unfortunately, his performance outside that period can best be described as average.

I never said he was a hack, rather I thought he was over-rated, especially when the likes of Lillee describe him as an 'all-time great'.

Too often I have memories of Lee steamning in, pitching short, then pitching full, another 4, then catching the edge only for a cry of NO BALL.

I did refer to his average many times - I said he went for too many runs, which in turn equals a high average. That, his game plans and his injury rate are the only arguments I have heard against him, not the amount of wickets.

If you had those others in the team why should he average less? In fact I think it would be the other way around. I have stated my case.

As I said before, I think Lee was overrated by the media in his early career, but by the end he finally lived up to the expectations.

Back