Musceles and Batting

Re: Musceles and Batting

Oh and a good way to keep that drill going when your arm gets tired is to play the shot one handed, hold the finish position then move your bottom hand into place.

Once you are in a two handed finish position, move back to your stance and play the shot with 2 hands.

This not only allows you to drill for longer, it's teaching top hand control, even with 2 hands on the bat.

Dave, you are feeling it in your forearms and wrists because you are gripping the bat too tightly. As you follow micoach's advice, let off the grip. It maybe that you need to borrow a lighter bat until you have built up your strength.

Yeah the bat I've been using is possibly the heaviest one that I've got, I'll get one of my lighter ones and give that a go. I like the idea that David's suggested as I find as soon as I use the other hand that it kind of takes a dominant role in driving the bat forward.

"Oh and a good way to keep that drill going when your arm gets tired is to play the shot one handed, hold the finish position then move your bottom hand into place. Once you are in a two handed finish position, move back to your stance and play the shot with 2 hands. This not only allows you to drill for longer, it's teaching top hand control, even with 2 hands on the bat".

Back