New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE

New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Well my seasons over and while all the Grand Finalist are getting ready for a crack at the tittle in their respective leagues, I'm sure some clubs have already started looking to next season.

This thread is for names of newly appointed coaches, asst coaches, captains or just handy pickups for next season.

It seems a bit early to think about it for some (incl myself) but I know our club has already been very active in recruiting a new coach for next season, and we should have it confirmed by the weekend (Muzza & Jonesy done a great job this year but are both looking forward to the less demanding roles of just playing next season and helping out the new coach and asst coach in some way next season).

So as things come to hand over the next 6 months or so player wise whack it in here.

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

a for effort;340340 said:
Got a name for the new coach or still on the hunt?

Won't say who it is to it's a done deal, he met with the club last week and will have an answer by this weekend.

We've also met with someone to be assistant coach and will also know about that next week.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;340342 said:
Won't say who it is to it's a done deal, he met with the club last week and will have an answer by this weekend.

We've also met with someone to be assistant coach and will also know about that next week.

Are the prospective coach and assistant related?

thommy_rissole;340355 said:
I ment related like brothers but your answer in a roundabout way answers my question :)

Not brothers either;)

babies arm or gca ipl - is it true that Damien Koiba, Clinton Ford & Kelvin Ford have all committed to the Swans for next season??

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;340365 said:
babies arm or gca ipl - is it true that Damien Koiba, Clinton Ford & Kelvin Ford have all committed to the Swans for next season??

is that in addition to Clinton Peake ??

surely a coaches decision would hinge on whether you play div 2 or 3. so you either know or have been told by somebody at ******* headquarters. dont dodge the bullet here warney, just say it.

crktluva;340490 said:
surely a coaches decision would hinge on whether you play div 2 or 3. so you either know or have been told by somebody at ******* headquarters. dont dodge the bullet here warney, just say it.

Yeah come on cuz fill us in . . . . And i have the possibility of knowing who they may be. . . . :)

Don't even ask because not going to guess coz you will deny deny deny. . . :)

maybe, the thread should of started next week then.

crktluva;340490 said:

The person that the club has spoken too has made it quite clear that what level we're playing won't come into it, if we're in div3 he'll be doing all in front of him to get us up to div2 the following season.

Jurassic Park;340497 said:
Yeah come on cuz fill us in . . . . And i have the possibility of knowing who they may be. . . . :)

Don't even ask because not going to guess coz you will deny deny deny. . . :)

Feel free to have a punt at who it is, but like I said out of respect to all involved, nothing will be said until it's official. Who knows it might not work out, so we'll wait and see.

Babies Arm;340519 said:
maybe, the thread should of started next week then.

It's not a thread for STABCC its a thread for all clubs in all leagues in Geelong, maybe some clubs have already got players & coaches on board for next season.

You didn't answer my question earlier Barm about D.K and co?

The st albans coach in waiting wouldnt happen to be a Geelong Cricket Club player by any chance Jay ?

just a rumor floating around the traps.... Ando, keen on Bellarine? heard on the grapevine

daniel_son_91;340482 said:
is that in addition to Clinton Peake ??

Your Dreaming. The Guys only 31 or something, and ppl are talking about him like he's 45 and past it and due to play out his final years for the swans. While that would be nice- as if he will.

Brad_Hogg;340604 said:
just a rumor floating around the traps.... Ando, keen on Bellarine? heard on the grapevine

which Ando is being referred to in this post ?

Brad_Hogg;340729 said:

hmmm, not sure if Ando is too keen to play on the hard wickets just yet. Still has some scores to settle with the Swans next season after our season ended prematurely witrh rain this season. Also would not mind going back to back VB T20 cups on the G !!

gca_ipl;340746 said:
hmmm, not sure if Ando is too keen to play on the hard wickets just yet. Still has some scores to settle with the Swans next season after our season ended prematurely witrh rain this season. Also would not mind going back to back VB T20 cups on the G !!

Ando surely not leaving South Barwon, weather & maybe grovedale were only things keeping them from winning pennant this year, with rumoured additions he would be mad to leave...

Back