New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

a for effort;355943 said:
Nathan Hauritz is coming to play for Airey's Inlet

Fair blow to their flag hopes i would suggest. Fair dinkum, if he is not one of the worst players to play Test cricket for Australia in recent memory...

The Truth 18;352439 said:
hi guys,

just let me clear it up for u. shane and jason harrison both signed to play at thomson wensday night. we have wanted to return to the club at some stage to finish were we started, and play together again in the same team which was not going to happen at newcomb. we had a great time there and it is a fantastic club with some fantastic people in it, but felt the time was right for us, and ndcc to move in another direction. so looking forward to putting the beehive on again soon back at godfrey st oval.
so what was this post all about then............

gca_ipl;355918 said:
do we know who the first class cricketer is ? apparently a bowler ?

hi guys, first time registered, long time reader.. love ya work. i can confirm its shane harwood! handy pick up :eek:

gca div1 player;356157 said:
hi guys, first time registered, long time reader.. love ya work. i can confirm its shane harwood! handy pick up :eek:

definetly would be a coup for the Geelong Cricket Club if that was the case. Would create some excitement for them !

Renny24;355992 said:
Fair blow to their flag hopes i would suggest. Fair dinkum, if he is not one of the worst players to play Test cricket for Australia in recent memory...

at least he got there

supersaints5;356175 said:
at least he got there

By default. Wasn't even playing for NSW when selected. Krezja amongst the most hard-done-by players around...

Renny24;356185 said:
By default. Wasn't even playing for NSW when selected. Krezja amongst the most hard-done-by players around...

I agree for me it should of been McGain or Krezja or both.

It does seem Hauritz is doing the job in this test though.

gca div1 player;356157 said:

what a load of rubbish

Any word on how the club we all want be....nccc.... has gone in recruiting ...apparently has plenty of coin in the bank but recruiting hasnt been their strong point of late??

bphpanther;356280 said:
Any word on how the club we all want be....nccc.... has gone in recruiting ...apparently has plenty of coin in the bank but recruiting hasnt been their strong point of late??

is Ben Neville coaching ??

Heard that NDCC have Jason Harrison & Craig Hillgrove coaching with Josh Jansen to captain the 1sts.

Can you confirm this hard hitter?

as far as i know he is still playing in melb....gets a decent wad to do so and only comes own occasionally to play, nt sure how that works though??? they advertised last week in the paper.....maybe leaving it a little late to get anyone of note

bphpanther;356287 said:
as far as i know he is still playing in melb....gets a decent wad to do so and only comes own occasionally to play, nt sure how that works though??? they advertised last week in the paper.....maybe leaving it a little late to get anyone of note

I have pretty good word that he is coaching their next season, so maybe he has decided to come down to Geelong and coach this season. Where will he rank with the top bats in the comp if he is coming back ?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;356285 said:
Heard that NDCC have Jason Harrison & Craig Hillgrove coaching with Josh Jansen to captain the 1sts.

Can you confirm this hard hitter?

If this is true its a bit of a shame that Newcomb had to settle for Jason Harrison coaching. From what i have been told he gave his word toThomson, Highton and AT that he would be coaching them this year. If this is true its dissapointing for them to have to sign a bloke to coach with such a low level of commitment. If Newcomb are going to build themselves back up as a club they need to to change things up over there and start thinking outside the box.

Babies Arm;356261 said:
what a load of rubbish
thats 100% true.. geelongs had talks with him.. many times. an anouncement will be made in the next 2 weeks unless something breaks down between now and the big fella gets back from o.s. shannahan that is. watch this post!

gca div1 player;356311 said:
thats 100% true.. geelongs had talks with him.. many times. an anouncement will be made in the next 2 weeks unless something breaks down between now and the big fella gets back from o.s. shannahan that is. watch this post!

Who's coaching Grovedale this season?

Back