New Kids on the Block (07-08)

Re: New Kids on the Block (07-08)

JAFRO2006;190747 said:
MAxim is the token dum kid of our team and is purely picked to keep up team morale as every1 bags him for everything he does.

i reckon he is picked coz he can play cricket...
jaffers, we don't bag him either, hes a good bloke:cool:

davey36;190863 said:
i reckon he is picked coz he can play cricket...
jaffers, we don't bag him either, hes a good bloke:cool:

was a jokes davey, hes a top lad is our maximillian!!!

DasMinx76;191021 said:
Can anyone tell me how Brendan Goss from Xavier is going atm?

Yeah he is going pretty good. Batted very well against Carey as an opener. A disputed stumping got him out for 36. Made a duck against Scotch but got done by a ripper ball. Bowls really well also - took 2 against Scotch but not sure if he bowled against Carey. Has made a few for Carlton this year and I think made quite a few in Dowling last year. A boarder too I think.

Correct on all accounts there Cams.

Ryan Craig, also a xavier boarder, hit 40* in the first game has been solid this season so far. Missed yesterday due to a wedding i think.

as i was at square leg at the time i can tell u goss was out although he did bat well and is a good bloke.

m.dyer-wesley
dont know to much about this kid but has the biggest throw in the aps and should be one to look out for if taking quick singles

davey37;191321 said:
m.dyer-wesley
dont know to much about this kid but has the biggest throw in the aps and should be one to look out for if taking quick singles

yeah, he has a mad arm and not a bad bowler also. can bowl pretty quick and bat too.

also, alex oneill, once he gets goin in a game, he will be unstoppable. hasn't found form yet but his good balls are too good.

davey36;191333 said:
yeah, he has a mad arm and not a bad bowler also. can bowl pretty quick and bat too.

also, alex oneill, once he gets goin in a game, he will be unstoppable. hasn't found form yet but his good balls are too good.

Agreed he was giving all the batsmen in nets a good working over this week and is reli hitting his straps. Dont wanna plant ur front foot to him as although short he has a great bouncer which he used to great effect in our practice games. Also has a yorker to watch out for.

You may as well call him Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath and Johnson all rolled into one mate.

Your a homo Jafro

Andrew Matter bowls abosoulute heat. he is a young year 9 should be year 8. He bowled out shaw kicthen to get us out of trouble. Also Isanga Nainhabo from Uganda has a great action and will be a great player.

Caulfield have gone too far, i know of about 6 blokes going there next year (non fee paying) and they have recruited cricketers who are little kids, of whom will not be able to hold there own in the APS until yr 11, or even yr 12. I would think they should chase ready made cricketers, like carey and st Kevin’s do, especially when Caulfield’s best chance to we a premiership is in the next two years with Lloyd Everit, Robbie Handel and Will Gilmore.
Hailibury have cleaned up there act (or ran out of money!!). But Caulfield are doing what hailibury have done for the last three years. and keeping it very very quiet.

Word is that there is a 16 year old from up north coming down to an APS School with a reputation which includes the following

Aready played in GPS Premiership side at age 15 where he took most wickets in GPS including 6fe30 and 6fe54 on the same day!! Played State,Tavernors cup and Captain for NSW U16 v New Zealand.Selected in NSW under17 city Squad as rhb & off spinner.Been coached by Bob Simpson,Trevor Chappell and Ashley Mallett and can smokem with the bat as well!! Lucky School stay tuned.p.s Debuted in grade cricket last year with a modest 67 no@|

cockroach raider;196776 said:
Word is that there is a 16 year old from up north coming down to an APS School with a reputation which includes the following

Aready played in GPS Premiership side at age 15 where he took most wickets in GPS including 6fe30 and 6fe54 on the same day!! Played State,Tavernors cup and Captain for NSW U16 v New Zealand.Selected in NSW under17 city Squad as rhb & off spinner.Been coached by Bob Simpson,Trevor Chappell and Ashley Mallett and can smokem with the bat as well!! Lucky School stay tuned.p.s Debuted in grade cricket last year with a modest 67 no@|

He's going to Caulfield

Back