New Zealand 30 Man World Cup Squad

futureblackcap

Seems the selectors have gone more for experience than unproven talent. Good call I think.

Corey Anderson (Northern Knights
Hamish Bennett (Canterbury)
Trent Boult (Northern Knights)
Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
Neil Broom (Canterbury)
Dean Brownlie (Northern Knights)
Colin de Grandhomme (Auckland Aces)
Anton Devcich (Northern Knights)
Grant Elliot (Wellington Firebirds)
Andrew Ellis (Canterbury)
James Franklin (Wellington Firebirds)
Martin Guptill (Auckland Aces)
Matt Henry (Canterbury)
Roneel Hira (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Mitchell McClenaghan (Auckland Aces)
Brendon McCullum (Otago Volts)
Nathan McCullum (Otago Volts)
Kyle Mills (Auckland Aces)
Adam Milne (Central Stags)
Colin Munro (Auckland Aces)
James Neesham (Otago Volts)
Rob Nicol (Auckland Aces)
Luke Ronchi (Wellington Firebirds)
Hamish Rutherford (Otago Volts)
Tim Southee (Northern Knights)
Ross Taylor (Central Stags)
Daniel Vettori (Northern Knights)
BJ Watling (Northern Knights)
Kane Williamson (Northern Knights)

Seems the selectors have gone more for experience than unproven talent. Good call I think.

Corey Anderson (Northern Knights
Hamish Bennett (Canterbury)
Trent Boult (Northern Knights)
Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
Neil Broom (Canterbury)
Dean Brownlie (Northern Knights)
Colin de Grandhomme (Auckland Aces)
Anton Devcich (Northern Knights)
Grant Elliot (Wellington Firebirds)
Andrew Ellis (Canterbury)
James Franklin (Wellington Firebirds)
Martin Guptill (Auckland Aces)
Matt Henry (Canterbury)
Roneel Hira (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Mitchell McClenaghan (Auckland Aces)
Brendon McCullum (Otago Volts)
Nathan McCullum (Otago Volts)
Kyle Mills (Auckland Aces)
Adam Milne (Central Stags)

Colin Munro (Auckland Aces)
James Neesham (Otago Volts)
Rob Nicol (Auckland Aces)
Luke Ronchi (Wellington Firebirds)
Hamish Rutherford (Otago Volts)
Tim Southee (Northern Knights)
Ross Taylor (Central Stags)
Daniel Vettori (Northern Knights)
BJ Watling (Northern Knights)
Kane Williamson (Northern Knights)

My 15 squad in bold.

Agreed but I'd make a squad of 20 and add Grant Elliot, James Franklin, Matt Henry, James Neesham and Colin Munro.

You'll have to send an email to NZ cricket, and maybe they'll send an application to the ICC allowing permission for them to have a squad of 20 rather then 15 for the WC.;)

Final 15
Brendon McCullum (capt), Trent Boult, Grant Elliott, Tom Latham, Martin Guptill, Mitch McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Daniel Vettori, Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson, Tim Southee, Luke Ronchi, Ross Taylor

No Neesham and Elliot in, is um interesting.

Eliott has been in good form in NZ domestic cricket. Neesham hasn't exactly set the world on fire either, he's had quite a few chances in recent months.

The more interesting call is Mills over Henry, if Southee gets injured he will take up his role in the team?

Neesham's form has not been good, the one score against a weak SL side wasn't enough to get him in.

Very happy with the squad! The selectors made some ballsy decisions such as selecting Boult when he hasn't played much ODI cricket, dropping Neesham and picking Elliot plus not selecting Henry.

The only selection I would change would be playing Henry and dropping Mills. I would use Mills in a mentoring role instead. Other than that, I'm quite excited. I thought the squad would look quite a bit different to that!

On Elliot...he wouldn't have been picked as an allrounder but as a batsmen. A surprise decision but a good one I feel. Neesham would have been selected on potential not performance which would have been very risky in a world cup.

I love the fact that they have gone for mostly proper batsmen such as Latham and Elliot over hit and miss batsmen such as Devcich and Munro but I can't get my head around selecting both Boult and Mills? I love the fact that Boult was selected but I don't see room for both of them.

Boult will be deadly in swinging conditions but I wouldn't play him in any other conditions while Mills is average at best when he doesn't swing the ball..

If Henry was there instead of Mills it would be my perfect squad. Latham was a bit of a risk but I think he will come through.

A long time ago but I to be fair I thought Elliot was ok when he played against Australia. Mills is just a bit of a journeyman really I guess, only seen Henry the play one game and he looked pretty good.

Elliot used to get bogged down in an innings but now he's expanded his game so that he has the ability to rebuild an innings or finish one.

Agreed on Mills.
I agree as well.

There is a certain degree me playing the Wellington card but Elliot is there on merit. During the domestic T20 he consistently showed his hitting ability and later in the List A stuff he has been on song.

Munro may feel slighted but I just haven't seen the same ability that Elliot has.

Henry has been smashed in a few games since getting back from the UAE and I believe the selectors took note.

Back