C.McMillan
B.McCullum (wk)
C.Cairns
J.Oram
D.Vettori
S.Bond
C.Martin

12th T.Southee

C.McMillan? He was a useless blob...I'm sorry. Other than that, a pretty decent side. I'd put Scott Styris in place of Craig McMillan. In a few years time, I'll expect Kane Williamson to come into this side as well.

A Kiwi hacks and pie chuckers IX :p

C.Spearman
R.Latham
T.McIntosh
J.How
P.Ingram
R.Nichol
L.Germon+
P.Wiseman
I.Butler
B.Arnel
R.de Goen

12th man B.Pocock

I think all the batsmen are openers :eek:

C.Spearman
R.Latham
T.McIntosh
J.How
P.Ingram
R.Nichol
L.Germon+
P.Wiseman
I.Butler
B.Arnel
R.de Goen

12th man B.Pocock

A bit harsh on Tim McIntosh and Jamie How. Other than that...it seems legit haha. Colin de Grandehomme could come in for either one of them and Kruger van Wyk could be the back-up keeper.

Fair side in that opening post Kram. Would certainly give the best sides a run for their money.

C.Spearman
R.Latham
T.McIntosh
J.How
P.Ingram
R.Nichol
L.Germon+
P.Wiseman
I.Butler
B.Arnel
R.de Goen

12th man B.Pocock

I'd bring in Mark Haslam for Wiseman and probably Kennedy for Arnel or Butler, there than that it's a pretty fair effort. Maybe Kruger van Wyk for Lee Germon and James Marshall for Jamie How?

Over about the last 20 years since I've been watching :p

N.Astle
M.Richardson
S.Fleming (C)
R.Taylor
C.McMillan
B.McCullum (wk)
C.Cairns
J.Oram
D.Vettori
S.Bond
C.Martin

12th T.Southee

Southee in for Martin, no point having 2 inswing bowlers getting the new ball plus Martin remains the most overrated player in NZ history. Everyone talks about Martins hard work etc. but where were the results?

I'm less worried with McMillan than what I am with Astle as Astle's test record isn't that great but I guess we haven't had any real openers other than Richardson in quite a while. Maybe get Ryder to open with Richardson?

I'm less worried with McMillan than what I am with Astle as Astle's test record isn't that great but I guess we haven't had any real openers other than Richardson in quite a while. Maybe get Ryder to open with Richardson?

Nathan Astle was better than McMillan imo.

Nathan Astle was better than McMillan imo.

I think Astle's 222 blinds a lot of people as to what he actually achieved in test cricket: 81 tests at an average of 37 while largely spending his time down the order is pretty much par with McMillan's 55 tests at 38.

You're right about not many of them not making an all time side which actually makes you appreciate Fleming's captaincy even more.

Chris Pringle and Geoff Allott are 2 bowlers with outstanding ODI records but performed dismally in Test matches. Allott dominated the 1999 WC in England.

I think Astle's 222 blinds a lot of people as to what he actually achieved in test cricket: 81 tests at an average of 37 while largely spending his time down the order is pretty much par with McMillan's 55 tests at 38.

You're right about not many of them not making an all time side which actually makes you appreciate Fleming's captaincy even more.

I watched most of both their international careers and Nathan Astle was more consistent and a better all-rounder batsmen...in my opinion anyway.

leftie600 said:
Southee in for Martin, no point having 2 inswing bowlers getting the new ball plus Martin remains the most overrated player in NZ history. Everyone talks about Martins hard work etc. but where were the results?

Harsh on Martin there I feel, 233 wickets at 33.81 is nothing to sneeze at.

Back