New Zealand Tour Of England 15

u wudnt know big boys u go for liverpool by the sounds of it ;)

Celtic actually. Although Liverpool is my preferred Eng team as my g/f is from there, & "5 European Cups" sounds better than "1 European Cup"!

Would I be way off the mark guessing you are a Man Utd fan that has never been to Manchester / doesn't know where Manchester is on the map?

Celtic actually. Although Liverpool is my preferred Eng team as my g/f is from there, & "5 European Cups" sounds better than "1 European Cup"!

Would I be way off the mark guessing you are a Man Utd fan that has never been to Manchester / doesn't know where Manchester is on the map?

Only care about the important details eg. where they r on the ladder :p

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but by "big boys", I meant the team playing the big 5 match series in England following this 2 match warm up act.
Yeah, you might be right there, we're only any good at proper full matches! Raining here at the moment in the north, sounds like will be for the next 5 or so hours.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but by "big boys", I meant the team playing the big 5 match series in England following this 2 match warm up act.

Haha last time I checked NZ is ranked 3rd and England 7th so how can you count England as a 'big boy'? A sideshow? Not for New Zealand you clown.

Don't bother commentating on these threads if you're not going to show some respect..

Haha last time I checked NZ is ranked 3rd and England 7th so how can you count England as a 'big boy'? A sideshow? Not for New Zealand you clown.

Don't bother commentating on these threads if you're not going to show some respect..
This threads becoming too hot huh,#respectcricket#engvsnz

Points well made, and as a new poster here I'll take it on board.

NZ are indeed 3rd on the ICC rankings - fantastic achievement, though they haven't had the good results sustained over an extended period, hence they are not really in the "big boy" category & are playing a 2 match series, not a 5 match series. Further - if it's 3rd playing 7th, why are NZ 1-0 down in the series and not 1-0 up?

That said - I'm hoping they can outplay Eng and finish it with a 1-1 series result.

NZ are indeed 3rd on the ICC rankings - fantastic achievement, though they haven't had the good results sustained over an extended period, hence they are not really in the "big boy" category & are playing a 2 match series, not a 5 match series. Further - if it's 3rd playing 7th, why are NZ 1-0 down in the series and not 1-0 up?

That said - I'm hoping they can outplay Eng and finish it with a 1-1 series result.
There's only one "big boy" in test cricket and that's South Africa. They only seem to get 2 match test series as well.

Australia should be up there after beating South Africa but they are too erratic. England may have just recovered but they are well behind, their performance in the West Indies showed that. Unless you're referring to money, then sure, Australia, England and India are the "Big Boys".

England 2/225, Lyth was just run out after Ballance cut behind point and took off for a non-existent run which ended up with Lyth barbequed for 107.

Earlier New Zealand were bowled out for 350. Luke Ronchi, who is on debut top scored with 88, Tom Latham was out for 84 on day one. Stuart Broad finished with 5/109 but was conceding better than a run a ball throughout the innings.

NZ are indeed 3rd on the ICC rankings - fantastic achievement, though they haven't had the good results sustained over an extended period, hence they are not really in the "big boy" category & are playing a 2 match series, not a 5 match series.

Yeah because we had a 'choice' in the scheduling of the 2 match series.. :rolleyes:

Going by your logic, if Australia lose to England in the Ashes then Australia won't be a "big boy" anymore..

The "big boy" nations can never lose apparently.

Great to see Mark Craig fight back and put in a decent bowling effort...but why didn't Cook and Lyth take him on? They had already put on a good opening partnership, if they had destroyed Craig NZ would've had to tire one the seamers out to repair the damage.

Great to see Mark Craig fight back and put in a decent bowling effort...but why didn't Cook and Lyth take him on? They had already put on a good opening partnership, if they had destroyed Craig NZ would've had to tire one the seamers out to repair the damage.
Just a doubt was the ball spinning so much

Back