New Zealands tour of England

Re: New Zealands tour of England

No great loss to the poms anyway

Collingwood isn't doing anything great with the bat except cross batting and getting cheap runs and with the ball all he does is get the tail enders out ???????

I think it's a little blessing in disguise for the poms

Oh you mean the series leading run scorer and Englands leading wicket taker for the series? Yep, he is in very poor form... :rolleyes:

Bit harsh on Colly, should have appealled, it works for the Indians :p but then again he isnt missing any important matches and keeps his test spot

Just imagine if these sort of of rules were around in the 80s, the West Indies would be filled up with kids after there whole team would be suspended for slow over rates.

Enjoying this series, good to see some good 50 over cricket being played between two sides that are of similar abilities

eddiesmith;222223 said:
Oh you mean the series leading run scorer and Englands leading wicket taker for the series? Yep, he is in very poor form... :rolleyes:

Bit harsh on Colly, should have appealled, it works for the Indians :p but then again he isnt missing any important matches and keeps his test spot

mate,
you can't just look at his stats becuase they tell a different story
he has 7 wickets and Taylor is the only top order batsmen he has got out the rest have been batting below 7 :confused:
In his 4/15 he got 7,8,9 & 10 out :rolleyes: all that tells me is he is a smart captain and brings himself on when he has the chance to boost his stats

Compare his bowling stats to Broads
Broad has 5 wickets - He has got Jamie How out 3 times, Brendan McCullum out once and Ross Taylor out once <<< New Zealands top 3
Collingwood has 7 wickets - Hopkins twice, Vettori twice, Mills, Southee & Taylor once = Taylor the only one who batted in top 7
I say Broad has had a much better series than Collingwood with the ball

As for his batting
he bats himself at 5 or 6 and cross bats every ball through mid wicket and his wagon wheels prove it ... Everything outside off he either edges or plays & misses ...
his only half decent innings was the 34 when England were in trouble and he actually played cricket shots
He has 140 runs for the series- At least half of which have come from his late slogging and plain luck ... Other than that the rest have been dirty slogs really

You still reckon he has been Englands best bat & bowler for the series ?????

4 games is a bit harsh i reckon but i don't think it will impact the poms too much

Best batsman without doubt

Generally a no5 will do alot of his batting slogging as he should be batting at the death

Bell has been poor, Wright appalling, KP has played 1 good innings, Bopara has only made 1 above average score and Shah has only had a good slog or 2, by far Colly is ENglands best batsman as he has been the most consistent

Even the Kiwi batsman have been worse, none of them have performed, Colly has been the best batsman of the series

If were going to go by stats then collingwood has been the 6th best bat of the series on averages :confused: and the NZ batsmen have 4 of the top 5 leading batting averages ... thats going on stats though ;) I agree NZ batsmen have been woefull but if you just looked at stats you would think they have been dominating ... stats are deceiving (eg. colly's bowling stats)

what about his bowling ??? You would agree that Broad has been alot better than Collingwood with the ball wouldn't you ????

Anyway my point is Collingwood hasn't lit the world on fire by any means and he is very replaceable as a player

Australia 3/44 in the 20th over at the moment. West Indies are well and truly on top thanks to a wonderful effort from Jerome Taylor, Taylor took 2/18 and Daren Powell 1/20 as the top three Australia batters fell pretty cheaply. Taylor removed Ponting once again, continuing his dominance of the Australia captain. Clarke and Hussey have a big rebuilding job to do for Australia to make a reasonable total.

Nice to see Ronchi playing, this is the chance for him to show us what he's capable of. A shame it is at the expense of Brad Haddin though.

Game 5

New Zealand 5/266 (50 overs)

Styris 87* (91)
Oram 52 (40)
Flynn 35 (54)

Swann 2/33 (10)
Broad 2/50 (10)

England a.o. 215 (47.5 overs)

Shah 69 (75)
Bopara 30 (39)

Vettori 3/32 (10)
Southee 3/49 (10)
Gillespie 2/29 (9.5)
Mills 2/55 (9)

New Zealand won by 51 runs.

Man of the Match: Scott Styris
Man of the Series: Tim Southee

New Zealand wins 5-match series 3-1.

New Zealand too good again, England were pretty disappointing with the bat apart from a fighting innings from Owais Shah. Vettori was fantastic with the ball and really set up NZ's win early with some excellent spin bowling.

That concludes New Zealand's tour of England. England now host South Africa at home while New Zealand have a small break before going to Pakistan in August.

yehh what a come back from the first match go the kiwis scott styris come back into some form
how did jamie how go in the series?

Back