Next Year

Re: Next Year

i am a friend of tom hamilton's (the keeper) and tom told me he said 'what about!' and it wasnt directed at anybody, i play at the same club as cant help but go large and it is a phrase going round in every grade from 1XI to under 12's.

Cant help but go large;340103 said:
no send off was given man, he said "WHAT ABOUT!!" which is a catch phrase at the local cricket club he plays for thats all, dont take it to much to heart

its true, i play local cricket with him, he has multiple catchphrases "WHAT ABOUT!", "COWABUNGA DUDES!" and "THATS THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES".

i say well done "can't help but go large", xavier have been giving send offs since the wednesday afternoon games down at koska hall and now they are getting something back,(although next time if your going to dish it out then dont get rolled for under 50)

allied biscuit;339992 said:
mate you are a deadbeat, BGS will have a great team next yr. plumridge and stait both fine players. not to mentions their other opening bowler, left armer (name escapes me).

judging from your ignorance im feeling we have a xaverian here?

Stait is the left arm opening bowler handy lower order batsmen aswell scoring 62 of the finest runs against xavier

If there is a team to look out for it would be Xavier....
names like Will Ryan, Ash Sorrenti, Xavier Frawley, Michael Hannan, Patty Tiernan and many others....all players have played some part in the 1sts this year and will be a massive force to reckon with....two big men to watch out for will be Sorrenti and Ryan....both looking for big runs

mrcricket23;325838 said:
hahha yeh sorry mate bit of a bad mood. well im in year 1O and strong teams in my year level are xavier, melbourne, us and brighton at full strength are alright

mrcricket get out of the APS forums....unless u play ones u shouldn't be talking here....we want people who actually know the competition and have played....someone like through the gate seems to know what hes talking about....no more year 10s in here thanks

Cant help but go large;340017 said:
the only reason xavs made that on that deck was because they were swinging from their arseholes, and brighton didnt have a great bowling deck to make use of the conditions

wen r u going to stop crying about the deck...did the deck hold up for the 2 days....course it did....so the groundsmen created a good 2 day deck....i dont know but im pretty sure hitting the opening bowler through cover is not swinging from ur ass....anyone agree??

Originally Posted by allied biscuit
conway to be the APS's premiere keeper next yr, also wields the willow like an axe.

ring with an off drive that can cause shifts in the earth's crust is yet another threat from moonga rd.

cant be forgetting liberatore, known as the "dominator" on the banks of gardiners creek. once he gets his eye in the opposing team should run for the hills.

c. moore the king of swing shall tear the oppositing a new one, week in, week out.

and of course we cant forget young spence, "pup" is sure to continue his path towards the top of aps batting.

Libba once he gets his eye in....hahaha....and when he doesnt he is ruined...like against a good bowling line up...

Highlighted by the APS team of the year, which contains 3 year 11's, two of which are from xavier. Xavier will be strong again next year.

skc will be premiers nxt year, conway will be bowling pace again, moore will dominate the swing bowling area, aso rob lennon dominated yr 10 last year and was injured this year. HE will be the quickest, deadliest bowler next year. As well as that upcommers like p.moore and m.eva have done well in the yr 10 this year. batting ring, libba, spence, conway and some yr 10 boys will also get runs.
SKC Premiers 2009-2010

wade for aus;340498 said:
skc will be premiers nxt year, conway will be bowling pace again, moore will dominate the swing bowling area, aso rob lennon dominated yr 10 last year and was injured this year. HE will be the quickest, deadliest bowler next year. As well as that upcommers like p.moore and m.eva have done well in the yr 10 this year. batting ring, libba, spence, conway and some yr 10 boys will also get runs.
SKC Premiers 2009-2010

considering what you have just said
SKC Middle of the Table 2009-2010
as usual

Seriously though next year will be between Xavier, MGS, Caulfield and Brighton. Each team have some key contributers who look set to tear the comp apart next year.

Xavier have Ryan, Tiernan and Sorrenti to make the runs, and Bergin and Pryor (is that how you spell it??) to take the wickets.

Mgs have Skala who has made multiple hundreds and Keath who has been a key player since the end of year 9, jenkins who is lighting between the wickets and can move along the run rate exeptionally, Clark who is a dominant slips fieldsman unselfish batsman and efficient bowler. As well as Harrod and De Fegely to take up the spinning role (very big shoes) and some good year 10's to fill in the gaps.

Caulfield will be a presence for a few years to come with Gotch (year 10 APS team) to lead the way as well as Wyatt, Woff (plenty of W's) and Gilmore as a very strong top order. I dont know much about them from a bowling perspective though, can anyone shed some light on that?

BGS have 12 guys coming back who have already had at least one year of first 11 cricket and this has to count for something. Apart from the obvious key players (Singh, Plumbridge, Moffit, Tregear), the guys who will make the biggest impact will be Stait (sharp left handed opening bowler), Zaia ( probably more of a bowler now although cant be underestimated with the bat) and Jordan Pascoe (knows how to get wickets).

twirl;340543 said:
Seriously though next year will be between Xavier, MGS, Caulfield and Brighton. Each team have some key contributers who look set to tear the comp apart next year.

Xavier have Ryan, Tiernan and Sorrenti to make the runs, and Bergin and Pryor (is that how you spell it??) to take the wickets.

Mgs have Skala who has made multiple hundreds and Keath who has been a key player since the end of year 9, jenkins who is lighting between the wickets and can move along the run rate exeptionally, Clark who is a dominant slips fieldsman unselfish batsman and efficient bowler. As well as Harrod and De Fegely to take up the spinning role (very big shoes) and some good year 10's to fill in the gaps.

Caulfield will be a presence for a few years to come with Gotch (year 10 APS team) to lead the way as well as Wyatt, Woff (plenty of W's) and Gilmore as a very strong top order. I dont know much about them from a bowling perspective though, can anyone shed some light on that?

BGS have 12 guys coming back who have already had at least one year of first 11 cricket and this has to count for something. Apart from the obvious key players (Singh, Plumbridge, Moffit, Tregear), the guys who will make the biggest impact will be Stait (sharp left handed opening bowler), Zaia ( probably more of a bowler now although cant be underestimated with the bat) and Jordan Pascoe (knows how to get wickets).

Agree with most of whats written by Prior** is very little and won't cause any batsman trouble at all

twirl;340543 said:

fair comments, however for xavier you have left off the list, two bowlers (who are also handy with the bat) who have played every game this year hannan (aps team) and frawley

through the gate;340559 said:
fair comments, however for xavier you have left off the list, two bowlers (who are also handy with the bat) who have played every game this year hannan (aps team) and frawley

yeah sorry i forgot they are back next year

twirl;340543 said:

Xavier- agreed, but you forgot hannan (aps), frawley and also ryan in the bowling
prior is also a batsman who it seems can take a game away from the opposition

MGS- agree completely, but will the bowling stocks have suffered too much with the loss of voyage, bett, cameron etc?
the batting looks very solid with keath set to have a huge year

Caulfield- don't know about them for next year, the bowling doesn't seem strong enough but with Gotch and co. coming through they will undoubtedly be a force on their day

BGS- their hyped players are yet to show their potential (apart from plumridge, gun)...stait definitely looks a nice prospect for next year

twirl;340543 said:

Good work twirl I think you've done your h/w.
Xavier would have to go in favouites next year with Ryan and Hannan making the APS side and Ryan will make a great skipper next year.

MGS yeah losing alot of great players I don't think they will have have depth next year.

Caulfield will be up there you didn't mention Lanigan he will also be a key player next year.

BGS Forgot to mention Josh Drummond

twirl;340543 said:

Good work twirl I think you've done your h/w.
Xavier would have to go in favouites next year with Ryan and Hannan making the APS side and Ryan will make a great skipper next year.

MGS yeah losing alot of great players I don't think they will have have depth next year.

Caulfield will be up there you didn't mention Lanigan he will also be a key player next year.

BGS Forgot to mention Josh Drummond

What about SKC they are a big wrap for Conway down there and fansy themselves very highly

Out. of the rough;340590 said:
Xavier- agreed, but you forgot hannan (aps), frawley and also ryan in the bowling
prior is also a batsman who it seems can take a game away from the opposition

MGS- agree completely, but will the bowling stocks have suffered too much with the loss of voyage, bett, cameron etc?
the batting looks very solid with keath set to have a huge year

Caulfield- don't know about them for next year, the bowling doesn't seem strong enough but with Gotch and co. coming through they will undoubtedly be a force on their day

BGS- their hyped players are yet to show their potential (apart from plumridge, gun)...stait definitely looks a nice prospect for next year

Without doubt the fast bowling stocks will suffer greatly as voyage and cameron were very good. As for the spinners, Bett is going to be a massive loss but in my opinion the combination of Harrod and De Fegely can fill the void. Harrod probably (at the moment) cant bowl the massive spells Bett does as his action is very dynamic but he does know how to take wickets. De Fegely has gone through two seasons with an economy rate of just under 2 and can bowl a lot of overs. Expect next year to see a lot more overs from Keath, Jenkins and Clark, but the opening bowler spot will probably go to either Will Pike or Fletcher Roberts in year 10, or Alex Stogdale who opened this year in the seconds and has bowled quite well.

twirl;340543 said:

Some good stuff here Rocksy, few gaps though.

Brighton should really dominate next year, but from what they showed this year, I don't think that same team will be good enough to dominate. Still a very good side and would have to be favourites at this early stage. Drummond is a very good bat aswell btw.

MGS will have a very good batting side and will be fine in the runs department, but will struggle to take 10 wickets a match. Question of whether batting prowess can make up for lack of quality bowlers.

Caulfield I think are a very good chance next year. Were always good in lower years, and have bottom agers to back them up aswell now.

Xavier will be alright again but they were never that good in yr 9 and 10 so I don't think they will be anything special.

A school that no one has mentioned yet that will be a force next year is Scotch. Three or four players returning for their third season of first XI next year. Very well rounded team across the whole board.

Early prediction= 1. BGS
2. Caulfield
3. Scotch
4. MGS
5. Xavier

Back