Nmca 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be dreaming sunshine. Rivergum easy winners over YC's. Lalor gets the points against Northcote, Chargers will be v dangerous against Trinners & the upset of the round will be Parkers over Rosebank.
Wouldn't be so sure about that. I reckon PYCW will give Rivergum a very good run for their money. One dayers tend to throw up an upset and I think this game is the one more so than any other.

What huge win by KP! From all accounts the Rosebank Boys will be doing some fielding practice this week. Great for Lalor and Rivergum with NBR needing an outright to clinch a top 2 spot.

Rivergum Dominant.

Holy Trinity as expected (same with Lalor).

It looks poised for an awesome month of cricket!

Top 2 play off next week with the double chance all but confirmed. It will be interesting to see the approach of both teams.

You must be dreaming sunshine. Rivergum easy winners over YC's. Lalor gets the points against Northcote, Chargers will be v dangerous against Trinners & the upset of the round will be Parkers over Rosebank.
I tipped the parkers in an upset..... I cant wait to see what jikaone has to say.

Would be nice if we could actually talk about the cricket!!
Massive win by KP, top 2 pretty much settled now. Rivergum smashed PYCW, (I got that one wrong) while the others won as expected. Home finals up for grabs this round.

Who are the players to look out for this finals series?

Obviously AJ has "the runs on the board" and Slaviero is having a good year, but I was keen to get some discussion going about more in depth cricket banter rather than the shit that's been flying around.

Not much spoken about bowlers or the importance of good fielding sides come finals time either... Looking forward to your thoughts.

I guess one of the big questions now is can rosebank win it from outside the top 2? Lost to lalor twice and are 1 game a piece with rivergum. Time will tell. Samps is the key for rosebank for mine. AJ obviously for rivergum but Neary had been in some solid form with the bat. Could be a wildcard. Whitnall is the key for lalor. They seem to lift around him. Holy trinity need that 3rd bowler to chop out Alex and Slav. Obrien is the key with the bat and can bowl some handy out swingers. Going to be a cracking finals series

I guess one of the big questions now is can rosebank win it from outside the top 2? Lost to lalor twice and are 1 game a piece with rivergum. Time will tell. Samps is the key for rosebank for mine. AJ obviously for rivergum but Neary had been in some solid form with the bat. Could be a wildcard. Whitnall is the key for lalor. They seem to lift around him. Holy trinity need that 3rd bowler to chop out Alex and Slav. Obrien is the key with the bat and can bowl some handy out swingers. Going to be a cracking finals series
I think you're spot on about Holy Trinity very reliant on the 2 main bowlers.

Perri I think will be important for Rivergum come finals time and I'm looking for Bell to silence the critics.

Tenuta is the key for RB. He settles in and gets comfy very quickly.

Lalor appear to be chipping in all round. Whitnall obviously is very important up top but their bowling depth is what strikes me. Christie hasn't even fired a shot this season!

Looking forward to this more than any series in memory!

Obviously AJ has "the runs on the board" and Slaviero is having a good year, but I was keen to get some discussion going about more in depth cricket banter rather than the shit that's been flying around.

Not much spoken about bowlers or the importance of good fielding sides come finals time either... Looking forward to your thoughts.
AJ no doubt the key for Rivergum & Perri a solid contributor with bat & ball. Neary in good form as well & Bramo can rip thru any top order.
Whitnall & Christie will be the key players for Lalor.
Samps the standout for Rosebank but Removing T.Tenuta early is crucial which will expose a weak middle order.
Matty & Slav will be crucial for the Trinners.

Lalor constantly underrated. They have been there and done it before with most of this squad and are 1st for good reason. They have a solid group and they combine well. Biggest question mark is their 2 day cricket capabilities. Whitnall supplying a solid foundation every week compliments their disciplined bowling unit. Will need Christie and some others to stand up more in longer formats with the bat. Whitnall & Christie the keys.

Rivergum look back on track and have some more contributors with the bat come the business end of the year. Reliance on AJ is not as essential as before. Perri's form is as good as anyone's currently. Will need to bowl as a unit better going into finals. Have gone for a lot of runs across the board and don't seem to be building pressure like last season. Aj, Perri & Bramich the key men

Rosebanks 2 day form has been exceptional this season and only tend to be very vulnerable in one day formats. Have only lost 1 game to Lalor in the 2 dayers. That being said they are very beatable without Plumpton and seem to have similar issues to Rivergum with their bowling as a unit alleviating pressure and going for plenty of runs compared to last season. Dalla Riva and Sampimon will be the key men for them.

Trinners have finally broken the hoodoo and made the finals. They have had a really good season and are a young and upcoming team. Capable of beating anyone on their day. Can their solid but inexperienced batting lineup handle the pressure of Rosebanks bowling attack in finals? Bowling attack is problem area for them as they rely on too few, but if Slav has a good day who knows! Slav, Pettilino and Obrien the keys.

So you where not even there so why comment, I wasn't there either but have heard 3 different versions so just let it be and let the comp handle it, there's enough shit being said on here as there is and let's just worry about upcoming finals matches.

No, i am not Joe or any Russo for that matter. The person that had that guess is way off the mark. Also, both myself and "itstime" have been told the same story by the sounds of it....anyway FWIW I do agree with "daneswan" let's let the league sort it out. It should be a great finals series with 3 or 4 teams a chance to win the thing if they play to potential.

So I've gone through this thread and have removed at least 40 posts of absolute garbage thanks to some people who overstepped the line. The grand total would have been close to or over 50 thanks to another mod who also removed some posts.

I can inform you all that jikaone has been given a permanent ban and will no longer be a part of this thread, board or BigCricket in general. From reading everything in here it appears he was the sole problem and I have now removed him. Need I remind you all that BigCricket is a not a place to slag off, vilify or bag players, supporters, clubs or other individuals/entities. You all are representing your teammates, club and your association by posting on here so make sure you do so in a polite and respectful manner within the site rules and conditions.

From now on there will be a zero tolerance approach to this thread, anyone who so much as breathes out of line will cop a minimum one week ban. I also encourage you all to report any posts you think overstep the mark, reporting these posts makes them easier to get to in order to edit or delete them.

Now let's get back to the cricket chat fellas.

Rivergum really put Lalor to the sword. Will they stop once they reach the total or bat on all day?
NBR huge score with Tenuta continuing a fantastic season. Everything would need to go right for an outright though.
HT have a decent run chase with KP looking to finish the season with another scalp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back