Nmca 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable effort from capaldo. Hats off and credit where credit is due. I left early and could not believe the result. Favrin dropped in slips on 1 hurt dearly and by all reports capaldo gifted 2 life's. Could of been a different ball game. Catches win matches! Should be an absolute cracker next week.
Lalor lost the unloseable, they dropped the same guy twice. I wouldn't be getting too excited if i were Rosebank. They've had an indifferent year. My money is on Rivergum after a weeks rest.

What a game of cricket I witnessed yesterday. Can't believe NBR won that game, had their backs against the wall chasing a big score,let alone in a final, only had 66 overs to do so and still managed to produce the goods. Gotta give credit where credits due. Was a great spectacle and as the old saying goes 'catches win matches'. Dropped catches at the end was inexcusable. Looking forward to popping down and watching the GF on the weekend as it looks like being a beauty.

" The unlosable" so why did they lose?? silly remark, read Kentucky's post that one makes sense.
Rivergum for me, they have been the most consistent team all year, but they wouldn't want to make any mistakes,
as the other mob are bloodthirsty when you let them in, they will not give you a second chance as we saw on the weekend.

Predictions for the grand final??
Winner?
Medal ?
Key players?
And where will the game be won and lost?

Winner - Rivergum
Medal - Sean Neary
Key Players - Rivergums middle over bowlers
won and lost - middle overs of Rosebanks batting innings if rivergum can continue to create pressure and take wickets it will go a long way to them winning.
if they let rosebank bat there full 80 overs its going to be a different story

I know its the B grade, but unbelievable that an undefeated team (who spanked everyone, basically) could be done over in straight sets! And, not just done over, but convincingly beaten in both matches.

Cricket is a funny game...

Predictions for the grand final??
Winner?
Medal ?
Key players?
And where will the game be won and lost?
Winner - Rosebank just
Medal - Farvin or Belli
Key Players - AJ and Tenuta. Both are key batsmen at protecting the middle order. Interesting if one of them can step up. Looking at the stats AJ hasn't set the world on fire in his 7 GF appearances apart from one innings 2 years ago. Tony has also played in 7 GF and going by 'My Cricket' averages 8 with his highest score last year of 26. Key players if one of them can actually perform on the day.
Game will be won or lost if Bramo or Eyre get a look at the middle order with a newish ball.

Winner - Rosebank just
Medal - Farvin or Belli
Key Players - AJ and Tenuta. Both are key batsmen at protecting the middle order. Interesting if one of them can step up. Looking at the stats AJ hasn't set the world on fire in his 7 GF appearances apart from one innings 2 years ago. Tony has also played in 7 GF and going by 'My Cricket' averages 8 with his highest score last year of 26. Key players if one of them can actually perform on the day.
Game will be won or lost if Bramo or Eyre get a look at the middle order with a newish ball.
The Performance of AJ & Tony is crucial to the outcome of this game but they should both be commended for having stellar years & getting there respective clubs to play finals. They're the ultimate club cricketers that strive for success. well done to the veterans.

Well said itstime. Finally someone talking some sense and not sitting here slagging people off behind a keyboard. I reckon this grand final night throw up a few surprises and one of AJ and tony will not win the medal. I'll go Kyl Ewart from rivergum. All the best for both teams. I'll sit back as a spectator very jealous but looking forward to a cracking final

Well said itstime. Finally someone talking some sense and not sitting here slagging people off behind a keyboard. I reckon this grand final night throw up a few surprises and one of AJ and tony will not win the medal. I'll go Kyl Ewart from rivergum. All the best for both teams. I'll sit back as a spectator very jealous but looking forward to a cracking final
Agree, just to clarify I am not slagging them off. I was surprised that two guys who have had so much success over the years have not dominated the big game before. Regardless of their scores I know that both have played vital roles before and most likely will again this weekend. Even if they don't get the big runs they are vital in protecting the middle order which I feel is a weakness if exposed to early. I will be like you, sitting and feeling very jealous, hopefully it will be a great game. I believe Rivergum need to bat first because the pressure Rosebank bowlers can place whilst defending any score could be unbearable for their batting line up. Just my thoughts.

After this weekend. I will be building the Great Wall of Plenty Rd to keep out all the Gastakers from Chokergum. Too many Gastakers in Rivergum. Cant spread the Keylnack virus over the other side of Plenty Rd. Will just be doing my job. Keeping things safe around the area

Winner: Rosebank
Medal: Joe Russo with a 6 wicket performance
Key players: Every player that bowls
Game will be won by the team that takes all of their chances in the field. I know that sounds simple but when both teams have similar bats it will come down to fielding. As the old one goes - catches win matches.

Well done to Rivergum, Rosebank's middle order failed with the bat. A couple of dubious decisions but that's cricket. Rivergum were the best side all year and deserved to end their run of being runners up. One of the two umpire's should never get another A-Grade game let alone a Grand Final....disgraceful! Hats off to Rivergum. From here you'd think Rosebank would need a little bit of list rejuvenation, not too much but abit. A gun bat and strike bowler high on the shopping list....but then again, most clubs will have that same shopping list. Enjoy the off season lads.

Well said big cricketer, that's how you destroy young guys careers.

Congratulations To Rivergum.

From what I understand has happened in the past, get ready for five years of pain from Rosebank.
From what I hear N.Pilon nearly done, 1500 runs min, if they get a quick shut the comp down.

Well said big cricketer, that's how you destroy young guys careers.

Congratulations To Rivergum.

From what I understand has happened in the past, get ready for five years of pain from Rosebank.
From what I hear N.Pilon nearly done, 1500 runs min, if they get a quick shut the comp down.

Yes, well done Rivergum. The key to beating Rosebank is to play like Rosebank - strangle, strangle, strangle.

Pilon would be the best player in the competition, but to suggest he might make 1500 runs is laughable. Dave was a better player, and younger, when he moved to JIKA and he only once (?) scored more than half that in a season.

Yes, well done Rivergum. The key to beating Rosebank is to play like Rosebank - strangle, strangle, strangle.

Pilon would be the best player in the competition, but to suggest he might make 1500 runs is laughable. Dave was a better player, and younger, when he moved to JIKA and he only once (?) scored more than half that in a season.

it's sad sad state of affairs, when the only way out is the cheque book.

Their mentality has to be questioned, I mean is it that bad to not play finals? It's park cricket for godsake.

Im tipping more than the majority are happy they lost, countless success and still no respect.

Put the cheque book away and earn it.

Last edited:
harry, you have no idea what goes on down there so I wouldn't be commenting.
From what I've been told by players that have gone there from other successful clubs, is that
no one gets a dime. "no respect" I wish my club had that much no respect!! every grade in finals for how
many years?? From what I have been told by other clubs in your association there is no harder working club in the comp.
By the way my comment about Pilon never said anything about$$, funny how good players go there for nothing.
"put the cheque book away and earn it" so your saying that Kp,Nu,Ht,Lalor,Rivergum,Darebin and ycw don't pay anyone??
I'll go out on a limb, I bet you whatever you want that those clubs pay everyone something or somebody lots and Rosebank
don't pay a cent to anyone. I have spoken to an ex district player who played in a heap of there flags and he is bemused that
nobody gets that club and how individuals are lured to it, it's simple the player wants to have success they produce and one bloke brings his mate who then brings another. He say's the $$$ issue is a fallacy and they play on it just to p.....s other clubs off. But, he said once your
in you never want to leave, the feeling around the place is just electric. His words not mine.

Isn't funny though harry you say about cheque books, they lost their best player and one of their better players and didn't go out and get
any big names and still made the Granny. Who got them there?? the same blokes that have been at the club for the last 30 years!!
THAT'S RESPECT.

harry, you have no idea what goes on down there so I wouldn't be commenting.
From what I've been told by players that have gone there from other successful clubs, is that
no one gets a dime. "no respect" I wish my club had that much no respect!! every grade in finals for how
many years?? From what I have been told by other clubs in your association there is no harder working club in the comp.
By the way my comment about Pilon never said anything about$$, funny how good players go there for nothing.
"put the cheque book away and earn it" so your saying that Kp,Nu,Ht,Lalor,Rivergum,Darebin and ycw don't pay anyone??
I'll go out on a limb, I bet you whatever you want that those clubs pay everyone something or somebody lots and Rosebank
don't pay a cent to anyone.
I have spoken to an ex district player who played in a heap of there flags and he is bemused that
nobody gets that club and how individuals are lured to it, it's simple the player wants to have success they produce and one bloke brings his mate who then brings another. He say's the $$$ issue is a fallacy and they play on it just to p.....s other clubs off. But, he said once your
in you never want to leave
, the feeling around the place is just electric. His words not mine.

Isn't funny though harry you say about cheque books, they lost their best player and one of their better players and didn't go out and get
any big names and still made the Granny. Who got them there?? the same blokes that have been at the club for the last 30 years!!
THAT'S RESPECT.

so favrin, who played his whole career/life at heidelberg, just walks to rosebank for nothing, heidelberg needs him more than ever, he lives further away, he just goes to play at rosebank, he hardly knew anyone!! and for not 1 cracker............yeah right!

they may not be paying a heap to the others, but all i'm saying is they should keep it that way....they are the only club who cant cop a lean season, maybe they should learn the hard way for once.

why are they are the only club who associates with the big names, no alarm bells for you?? they obviously not the good blokes you think they are, not many seem to like them? and once your in!!! you talk about them like they should be in the AFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back