Nmca 2018/19

First it was Fairfield then Camrea then Strathewen now Lalor..I feel for the clubs down in d grade as it’s obvious that if you want a premiership just say we’re struggling for numbers then go to d grade.Will it be like Strathewen last year who said they were struggling for numbers but still fielding 2 teams anyway.I guess if the president of comp is to scared to play b grade he can get his side in d grade a be a lower grade bully like he has been all his career...

I find it amusing that some people think that a club would want to go down to D grade from A grade.

Clubs are struggling and a club would never go down a grade to win a flag.

I suspect those of that opinion are probably playing in the lower grades.

I find it amusing that some people think that a club would want to go down to D grade from A grade.

Clubs are struggling and a club would never go down a grade to win a flag.

I suspect those of that opinion are probably playing in the lower grades.

I don’t blame the clubs who’ve got to do it, if you can’t field 2 teams there’s not much you can do about it. The fact they’re forced to do this even if their ones side is good enough to play A or B grade is a joke, the reserve grade bullshit has to go

The trouble within the nmca is that the committee dont know how to properly run the competion. Full stop. Thats the problem. If clubs cant be getting much numbers to play, what to do? This committee havent got much experience & credit, true? Prez, vice prez & gm couldnt run a curry kitchen in mumbai. Full stop.

The trouble within the nmca is that the committee dont know how to properly run the competion. Full stop. Thats the problem. If clubs cant be getting much numbers to play, what to do? This committee havent got much experience & credit, true? Prez, vice prez & gm couldnt run a curry kitchen in mumbai. Full stop.

Not the NMCA's fault though that Lalor and other clubs before them can't field at least two sides though is it?

What happened to your broken English?

I don’t blame the clubs who’ve got to do it, if you can’t field 2 teams there’s not much you can do about it. The fact they’re forced to do this even if their ones side is good enough to play A or B grade is a joke, the reserve grade bullshit has to go
The reserve grade concept was voted in by the clubs

A grade to d grade ...comp is a joke . Strathy set the trend havnt they . Cant fill 2 teams lets go win a flag against struggling clubs.
Not the NMCA's fault though that Lalor and other clubs before them can't field at least two sides though is it?
I think they are partly to blame. With the reserve grades in Jika, Quick and Kelly it means that players aren't always playing against players of a similar standard. Before the reserves grades came in you were graded from A Grade through to G Grade. If you were good enough to have a side in the top two grades meant you club was travelling well and you would play against cricketers of a similar standard. Think having the reserve grade pushes players away particularly the struggling teams who keep getting beat up on. At least with the old grading system they had a chance to play against players with similar ability. Also mean a club like Lalor wouldn't have to drop as low as D grade because they can only field one side. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
The comp is a deadset joke. They'll go down and bash up D grade then request not to be promoted due to not having enough players to field 2 sides. The reserve grade set up they insist on is a load of shit. Might as well lock the doors and throw away the key.
The likely outcome of Lalor playing in D grade is that their best players have already left and any remaining will leave to play in a higher grade.
Good on them for trying to survive . Their great football club of the past has suffered the same problem

For the record Olympic Colts will not be folding or merging anytime in the near future.

Mathew Best is leading the club fantastically off the field and with a few past players returning or in positions to increase their commitment we are expecting a massive turnaround for the upcoming season.

To the rest of the clubs that appear to folding or merging or even swallowing Colts. Good luck with your recruiting and the upcoming season.

Cheers
Olympic colts to take out the b grade flag this Year.

The NMCA won't exist in 10 years.

How can a comp run at a financial loss?

How can a comp award mediocre clubs with promotion because of how many teams and juniors they have even though their best team isn't up to a certain standard?

Teams with one team up to standard can't stay in the top 3 grades because the comp makes these ridiculous rules.

All it's done is draw players from weaker clubs to stronger ones and those weaker clubs have, or will die.

The comp doesn't listen to the clubs and doesn't act quick enough on their concerns. The Reserve grade has killed clubs and 80 overs is way too long.

Play t20 for points and move to 50 over matches that start at 12pm. Allow clubs to stay in the grades they've earns the right to play in.

All you're doing is causing those clubs to go down to lower grades and dominate, never to come back up because they don't meet the criteria.

Simple as that. I've had enough. Its getting worse by the year!

Darebin Chargers have left the comp they won’t be missed
Always a pity to loose a club. The suspension of their former president and first X1 captain for 4 years by NMCA seems to have triggered such a drastic response by the club. Strong clubs are always bigger than individuals !!!
Heard that the suspended player continues to play cricket in a winter league. In the past suspensions meant suspended from every comp Australia wide .

wont be missed at all. kicking off and leaving over deserved sanctions is pathetic. not to mention they had excellent new rooms built for them in darebin and just bailed and left to lalor. indicates a shit culture

wont be missed at all. kicking off and leaving over deserved sanctions is pathetic. not to mention they had excellent new rooms built for them in darebin and just bailed and left to lalor. indicates a shit culture
What. comp are they going to and where is their ground . Maybe they could merge with Lalor ????

What. comp are they going to and where is their ground . Maybe they could merge with Lalor ????

was talking in reference to them abandoning council built new rooms at sullivan to up stumps and move to west lalors old turf at huskission. theyve moved to the nw comp i think

I thought Fiji was playing there? They had already moved out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back