Nmca 2018/19

The ladder looking tight so far... RG likely to get some key players back this round so expect them to the top of the table before long. Did anyone see what happened at Oulton Park to NBR? No doubt a long meeting would have been held after that display. As expected from YCW. Its either 80 or 250 for them. A demolition job by BP on HW. The next three one-dayers could see a big gap open up between top and bottom.

So it’s looking like the quality of cricket between A and B grade has stretched again. I guess that’s expected when the top 4 from the previous season are no longer there, cobras look the team to beat as no one can get their 2 new Sri Lankan recruits out

Socials winning games again even after losing rocky sharma to Rosebank but with a couple of young recruits i guess its working.

Cobras
Cameron
Socials
Donath

I don’t think the top 4 will change a whole lot through the season maybe just shuffle around abit.

Cobras
Cameron seems to be the set 2 with Socials chasing

Question being whether cobras can hold up if 2 Lankans fail. Cameron and Socials seem to be pretty even sides across the board. Even with loss of Sharma seems like socials are fielding a much better side than rabble from last year

So it’s looking like the quality of cricket between A and B grade has stretched again. I guess that’s expected when the top 4 from the previous season are no longer there, cobras look the team to beat as no one can get their 2 new Sri Lankan recruits out

Socials winning games again even after losing rocky sharma to Rosebank but with a couple of young recruits i guess its working.

Cobras
Cameron
Socials
Donath

I don’t think the top 4 will change a whole lot through the season maybe just shuffle around abit.
The gap is enormous if those are your top 4 sides in B grade...

exactly, was always going to be a weak/funny year in b grade with what happened in the off season. one shudders to think of the standard of Kelly this year

Cobras
Cameron
Socials
Donath

If donath makes finals with their list it tells you how bad this comp is getting

Im been hearing donath & keon park in merger talks. Big news b/c parkers really fighting hard to prepare a team. I also told holytrinity making a move to sacking a recruit. Trouble down at hayes, they not liking the new direction. Bye bye.

Im been hearing donath & keon park in merger talks. Big news b/c parkers really fighting hard to prepare a team. I also told holytrinity making a move to sacking a recruit. Trouble down at hayes, they not liking the new direction. Bye bye.
Why so donath can become kp’s 2s team?? I couldn’t see anyone from donath playing A grade

How good was this comp 20 years ago

It was a great comp. I'll go back a little further 20 - 30 years ago. "A" grade was fierce and competitive. All club's and players had great mutual respect for one another but played hard and fair then enjoyed a few beers together. Not the coin around then like today. Guys played to play with there mates. Keon Park, Lalor, Lalor Star's, Northern Socials, Preston YCW, Northern Socials & Oakhill Clelands all had great periods and won flags. Epping and Mernda were also pretty good played off in a couple of Granny's from memory. Interesting that 3 have left the comp, a couple have merged and most are now struggling. Some great players around. Quincee (KP), Watts (Lalor), Kemp (LS), The Beast (NS), Topham (Epping), Higham (OC), just to name a few. The were great days playing in front of decent crowds at most clubs. Give me those day's any day over today.

Back