NMCA 2019/2020

the current admin is streets ahead of previous regimes
Maybe we could just get more people in (possibly shuffle a few positions) so that there are more people to undertake the mountain of work. Throwing out this small bunch and replacing them with another equally small bunch will not change much.

Bordering competitions have much larger boards than NMCA.

Maybe we could just get more people in (possibly shuffle a few positions) so that there are more people to undertake the mountain of work. Throwing out this small bunch and replacing them with another equally small bunch will not change much.

Bordering competitions have much larger boards than NMCA.

issue is no one wants to put their hand up, sad it has come to this but I reckon each club should be required to provide a board nominee say every 2nd term or forfeit your spot in the comp.

I feel like the current board is doing a reasonable job to be honest and there is only so many times you can invent the wheel,
major concerns going forward for me are 1 umpire numbers and 2 our junior competition ,regaining the u16s and the junior managers role.

Most other issues I see are individual club based issues, that only clubs can fix themselves.

I feel like the current board is doing a reasonable job to be honest and there is only so many times you can invent the wheel,
major concerns going forward for me are 1 umpire numbers and 2 our junior competition ,regaining the u16s and the junior managers role.

Most other issues I see are individual club based issues, that only clubs can fix themselves.

You are correct in saying umpire and the junior coordinator role are critical but so is the competition having a clear strategy and 5 year plan...

Another issue you might want to consider is that the junior competition is pretty much made up of only 4 main clubs; Rosebank, Holy Trinity, North Alphington and Ivanhoe with a few others having the odd team here and there.

What is the plan to grow the junior competition?

Perhaps those board members on here might like to provide some clarity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know from my own clubs point of view we've worked our arse to get our junior program where it is, having sides in all nmca age groups.

Not sure how the board can improve junior numbers without the clubs playing a major role in it, hence me referring to individual club issues.
Unfortunately many clubs don't have the resources and ability to attract juniors like some of the larger clubs do. unfortunately not everyone is north alphington full of school teachers.

Where do you think the growth in the junior comp should be generated from? Serious question not being smart.

I know from my own clubs point of view we've worked our arse to get our junior program where it is, having sides in all nmca age groups.

Not sure how the board can improve junior numbers without the clubs playing a major role in it, hence me referring to individual club issues.
Unfortunately many clubs don't have the resources and ability to attract juniors like some of the larger clubs do. unfortunately not everyone is north alphington full of school teachers.

Where do you think the growth in the junior comp should be generated from? Serious question not being smart.

Not all clubs might be “North Alphington” but all clubs have a significant number of schools around them in the city of Darebin, 46 to be exact...

During the nmca meetings with clubs, perhaps the Comp could share best practices from some of the “bigger” clubs, that would be a good start.

Encourage sharing of best practices, this can only help increase cricket participation and focus on a long term view. The last census showed that there over 20k people aged in the junior age bracket within the Darebin area... we don’t have a shortage of people just need to find a way to attract them to your club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that correct Socials are 6/46 against Donath. Socials batting details not shown yet. Who is out ?
Is it a case of the northern wobbles or just that loss they need to have ?

What’s the point in electing a new board when your comp will fold anyway. Give us Rivergum to fill a spot in our 2nd div. The rest can find a nice little ECA division to slowly rot and perish in

What’s the point in electing a new board when your comp will fold anyway. Give us Rivergum to fill a spot in our 2nd div. The rest can find a nice little ECA division to slowly rot and perish in
Rivergum on the move. They fit straight into dvca boundaries. Its a perfect fit. Both parties have been working on this for a while. Just a question of what grade they go to. Reservoir M all but gone. Holy Trinity will follow to eca

Rivergum on the move. They fit straight into dvca boundaries. Its a perfect fit. Both parties have been working on this for a while. Just a question of what grade they go to. Reservoir M all but gone. Holy Trinity will follow to eca
What a big loss Reservoir M would be to the comp did you see there firsts got bowled out for 50 on saturday

Back