NMCA 2019/2020

The trinners have being knocked back from the valley. Now most likeky will go to eastern Cricket. They not really wanting to stay in nmca & looking at best options but was hopefull of getting to dvca. More will follow regretfuly.

Dougie sounds sour. Who cares who does what and when. This league is finished to say the least. We all know clubs pay why is it a suprise
I don’t think you read any of my comments bud? It seems as though you’re intellectually incapable of understanding so I’ll explain for you in in simple terms.
Rosebank pays someone = the whole comp gets sour and sooks
Any other club pays someone = thats just local cricket people get paid so what.
I have never had a problem with any club paying their players, rosebank have been the best at it so good on them, the rest of us wish we did what they’ve done!

I don’t think you read any of my comments bud? It seems as though you’re intellectually incapable of understanding so I’ll explain for you in in simple terms.
I have never had a problem with any club paying their players, rosebank have been the best at it so good on them, the rest of us wish we did what they’ve done!
You can speak for your own club mate, but I am definitely glad my club hasn’t paid players over the years and has instead invested back into the club in many different ways.
Yes, the premierships count for a lot and they should have the competition’s respect for what they’ve been able to do, but they have backed themselves into a corner long-term as they now have to pay anyone of note to go across and play there because the social side is basically non-existent. We pick up new players each year mainly through word of mouth and having them come enjoy our social functions, which means in 5-10 years time (potentially even from this season onwards once sponsor’s money becomes harder to get after this pandemic) we are going to be the ones in a much better position.

You can speak for your own club mate, but I am definitely glad my club hasn’t paid players over the years and has instead invested back into the club in many different ways.
Yes, the premierships count for a lot and they should have the competition’s respect for what they’ve been able to do, but they have backed themselves into a corner long-term as they now have to pay anyone of note to go across and play there because the social side is basically non-existent. We pick up new players each year mainly through word of mouth and having them come enjoy our social functions, which means in 5-10 years time (potentially even from this season onwards once sponsor’s money becomes harder to get after this pandemic) we are going to be the ones in a much better position.

What club are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious as to how you know about their social side and how it operates/ how successful it is?
That’s a fair question, a former player is my source without getting into too much detail. If you do any digging of your own you’ll find it’s true.
Back to your original point I have no issues with clubs paying players, but there is a limit - start paying too much or too many players and you’ll reach a point of no return where it becomes a necessity to put a competitive 1st XI on the field.

Validated points by mrcricket but where does that leaving a team in trinners. They having paid out alot of money..... cant develop & cant be winning to many titles & most of all seeming to lose good young talent. Pett, colemen just to name some names. Them losing coaches every year seeming to be trouble at the flinders st oval.
also the money tree never runs out at the eagles, very deep pockets. Lol
Any ex player will always throw stones at the ex club To criticise ra ra ra so those cooments to-be taken with a grain of curry.

Last edited:
Validated points by mrcricket but where does that leaving a team in trinners. They having paid out alot of money..... cant develop & cant be winning to many titles & most of all seeming to lose good young talent. Pett, colemen just to name some names. Them losing coaches every year seeming to be trouble at the flinders st oval.
also the money tree never runs out at the eagles, very deep pockets. Lol
Any ex player will always throw stones at the ex club To criticise ra ra ra so those cooments to-be taken with a grain of curry.
Lol mate you have no idea.

Dougie you seem to talk a lot about rosebank for someone that doesn’t play for them. Paying out on individuals from your long time rival for some time now. Jog on
Maybe because they always seem to be hot topic in this forum?
Using rivergum as an example I think is fair considering they’re the only ones who are nearly as successful as Rosebank, don’t you think?
I think the saying goes something like “you can’t compare apples with oranges”

My friend from near the papermills has been telling me the pigeon is trying very hard with any club to get his next contract. The papermill boys were very upset he left them to go for $$$bank. Now looking to ripping the next club off. Never to be welcome back to Alphington park is what im hearing although he trying to go back if possible. Who offers $$$$ will get the signuture. A little birdie from the valley also believing BU may be a little shy to offer $$$ due to bad history of jumping clubs.

Shows a lot about your club, if your homegrown talent is asking for $$$.
Brick hands Magee? I thought you would of named yourself the tea pot after that stupid pose you used to strike any opportunity you got when a young kid threw the ball near you on a Thursday night. Heard your looking like quite the tool on your motor bike and nude but as if your some tough guy instead of a gutless wonder. I don’t know why you’d be baiting or feeding your ego on this forum but I can’t wait the day karma knocks your dictatorship of that side of plenty road on the head

p.s sick boy has surely got to be the best keeper in riversides history

Last edited:
Brick hands Magee? I thought you would of named yourself the tea pot after that stupid pose you used to strike any opportunity you got when a young kid threw the ball near you on a Thursday night. Heard your looking like quite the tool on your motor bike and nude but as if your some tough guy instead of a gutless wonder. I don’t know why you’d be baiting or feeding your ego on this forum but I can’t wait the day karma knocks your dictatorship of that side of plenty road on the head

Sounds like someone has the inside info on our resident Scum Bag & good friend brick head Magee

My friend from near the papermills has been telling me the pigeon is trying very hard with any club to get his next contract. The papermill boys were very upset he left them to go for $$$bank. Now looking to ripping the next club off. Never to be welcome back to Alphington park is what im hearing although he trying to go back if possible. Who offers $$$$ will get the signuture. A little birdie from the valley also believing BU may be a little shy to offer $$$ due to bad history of jumping clubs.

Hey champ nobody cares!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the main problems with suburban cricket as I see it is there are too many moderate players being paid and they develop an artificial opinion of their worth......In the NMCA where the standard is just fair there are maybe six players who would be entitled to put their hand out for a form of remuneration...It's also one of the main reasons that clubs dissolve despite their administration doing all things possible to maintain their existence...The clubs with the fattest wallets will always be the most successful as they can cherry pick players from elsewhere to strengthen their lineups….One club players are no longer the norm unfortunately and that situation will remain with juniors not getting sufficient support from the governing association or from senior players at club level

You’ve caught me...

Back