NMCA 2019/2020

Kookies are the best team. Too good. I don’t think anyone can beat them. Not to cobras or the eagles. Best player perri still too hit his straps. Bang bang another title for the kelynack boys.

Kookies are the best team. Too good. I don’t think anyone can beat them. Not to cobras or the eagles. Best player perri still too hit his straps. Bang bang another title for the kelynack boys.

thats what you said Last year and I’m pretty sure everyone has said for the 6 years before that. I don’t know why everyone counts moneybank out every year. Everyone keeps speaking of the dominance rivergum have had over the last 7 years but according to the record books they’ve only won one more flag than rosebank. Say what you want about them but I don’t think they are are given enough respect considering what they done. So I wouldn’t count them out just yet.
On another note what a year by the boys from barling. Super effort. This prelim should be a ripper!

caught a bit of both days of quick prelim, both sides very thin batting line up and Socials still appear caught in a late season slump. good game to watch though. it’s anyones from here for me, donath included. If there’s an edge anywhere it’s with Socials 2 spinners though. both can bowl very tight all day, very very hard to get away

I've been fortunate to be involved with two clubs in my long career. Both were family friendly --a good place for females and children.
On the weekend I experienced the extreme opposite. A club where every second word started with F or C in front of a small number of young females and children and the opposing team. The main offender a person with a famous name and a well known son. Wish I could name him !!

I've been fortunate to be involved with two clubs in my long career. Both were family friendly --a good place for females and children.
On the weekend I experienced the extreme opposite. A club where every second word started with F or C in front of a small number of young females and children and the opposing team. The main offender a person with a famous name and a well known son. Wish I could name him !!
That sounds like half the clubs in NMCA to be honest

So why wouldnt u name the club

Caroline Springs Cricket Club, affiliated with the Victorian Turf Cricket Association, the North West Metropolitan Cricket Association and the Cricket Victoria Women’s Community Cricket, require the services of a ‘playing’ or ‘non-playing’ Senior Coach for the 2020/21 season and beyond.

Currently competing in Division 4 of the VTCA, CSCC’s 1st and 2nd XI play on turf, whilst our 3rd and 4th XI compete in two day and our 5th XI in one day competitions in the NWMCA. Our Ladies team compete in the T20 Competition in the CVWCC. The Playing/nonplaying coach will be responsible for managing player recruitment, creating and facilitating training programs, team selections, and driving the growth of a positive and competitive club first culture.

CSCC’s senior playing group consists of a good mix of experienced players and junior players across all six teams with a large volunteer support network for the successful applicant.

Interested parties should forward their CV including recent playing and or coaching experience. Applicants will be required to provide or obtain a valid working with children check. CSCC are happy to discuss remuneration to the successful applicant therefore a Level 1 coaching qualification or better is preferred.

Internal and external applicants are invited to apply, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Forward applications to Geoff Gray (CSCC President) at carolinespringscc@outlook.com

Like most here, I will assume you mean Olympic Colts and Fillies Cricket Club and Neil Harvey. Firstly if you were offended by anything said I am personally apologising to you.
Now with that out of the way, can you please send the contact details of your supporters so I can illicit an apology out of them, whilst your virgin ears probably did not hear their language I can assure it was also there.

With the absurdity out of the way, you should have noticed that I asked our supporters to concentrate their encouragement on us and avoid engaging in sledging of the Donath team and some of their supporters. The game was played, won and lost in great spirit. Your team and club were fantastic in supporting our club and most people hung around to discuss a close game.

I understand our language at times can be colourful, and we can become complacent. If anyone was offended you only had to speak with Justin Hopkins or Steve Holloway and they would have spoken to me. We are not big on hypocrisy at Colts or hiding behind an alias whilst we throw unwarranted attacks at other clubs. We know the majority of Donath people enjoyed themselves and wish the entire club luck in this week's game.

If you ever reveal yourself and use any form of profanity in my presence I will be sure to hold you to account.

To all other readers of big cricket. At Olympic Colts we do not pretend to be something we are not, we are bunch of loyal hard working people who love the club, we provide an outlet for all races, religions and sexes all age groups and ability without judgement. If you want to become a part of our family please ignore the dribble associated to this text and know we will have your back.

Like most here, I will assume you mean Olympic Colts and Fillies Cricket Club and Neil Harvey. Firstly if you were offended by anything said I am personally apologising to you.
Now with that out of the way, can you please send the contact details of your supporters so I can illicit an apology out of them, whilst your virgin ears probably did not hear their language I can assure it was also there.

With the absurdity out of the way, you should have noticed that I asked our supporters to concentrate their encouragement on us and avoid engaging in sledging of the Donath team and some of their supporters. The game was played, won and lost in great spirit. Your team and club were fantastic in supporting our club and most people hung around to discuss a close game.

I understand our language at times can be colourful, and we can become complacent. If anyone was offended you only had to speak with Justin Hopkins or Steve Holloway and they would have spoken to me. We are not big on hypocrisy at Colts or hiding behind an alias whilst we throw unwarranted attacks at other clubs. We know the majority of Donath people enjoyed themselves and wish the entire club luck in this week's game.

If you ever reveal yourself and use any form of profanity in my presence I will be sure to hold you to account.

To all other readers of big cricket. At Olympic Colts we do not pretend to be something we are not, we are bunch of loyal hard working people who love the club, we provide an outlet for all races, religions and sexes all age groups and ability without judgement. If you want to become a part of our family please ignore the dribble associated to this text and know we will have your back.
I'm not from Donath. Just a local who observed the last 2 hours or so of the match. Was a good old fashioned match of tight cricket. The ladies in the canteen were very nice. Players congratulated each other at the conclusion.

Last edited:

The coltery boys are very good boys. They have good fun following by a vb. No problem from my experience. Playing hard & party hard. Also some good cricketers. No trouble. Bye bye

I'm not from Donath. Just a local who observed the last 2 hours or so of the match. Was a good old fashioned match of tight cricket. The ladies in the canteen were very nice. Players congratulated each other at the conclusion.
Typical of some people on this forum, happy to slander people and clubs from behind your keyboard. You were there for two hours and had the opportunity to stand for your beliefs in person and failed, only to slink away to your keyboard and anonymously stand up for them. Now some may suggest that you are weak or have no spine or are a coward, some, not me. I wouldn't say anything like that from my keyboard, I would say what I thought or felt to your face and if I couldn't I wouldn't say it on here.

On the other hand if you were there for two hours you could have commented positively about the game, praised Colts for the way we fought back thanks to Matthew Best and the steel and courage ( you probably don't know about that ) Donath showed to hold on, especially the way Troy McDonald and Jamie Shepherd led their bowling attack. You could have commented on the sportsmanship of both clubs and how refreshing it was to see such a tight contest finish with both teams respecting each other and the game.

Finally Mr. Local, thank you for vilifying my club. I get the feeling there is more to your observations than the two hours you were there on Sunday after Blake Park. At least you had the decency to remove yourself from association with Donath, I know they are good people.

They will find a way. Not sure who’s injured but there’s still enough experience and talent in that line up. Sounded like a cracking game. Cobras have nothing to lose though and will throw everything at them. Making 260 against Rosebank only a couple weeks ago will give them confidence
Cobras have nothing to lose what a stupid comment they have a Prelim to lose................ Im sure they will be happy and party on if they lose and just say oh well we made a prelim thats good......... Stupid comment

Predictions for this weeks matches:

Rosebank vs Cobras - Cobras to break the mold and meet the Kookies in the GF
Keon Park vs Donath - Keon Park home ground advantage too strong. Should be a close one
Strathewen vs West Ivanhoe Utd - West Ivanhoe Utd to win reasonably convincingly

Back