NMCA 2019/2020

Right or wrong, it’s a decision that’s been passed down by Cricket Australia Chief Health Officer.

The NMCA would be mad not to follow the recommendation and choose to go against the health advice.

I’m not aware of any legalities, but the question could be asked that if a player or spectator was to catch the virus over the weekend, would the NMCA be liable for this? And possibly risk legal action for not following the health advice given to them?...

I don’t think anyone would be critical of the NMCA for cancelling the matches as per the advice they’ve been given.

What we need to sort out is who will be awarded the winner of Jika Shield, or joint winners. Quick and Kelly is easy. It’s not acceptable to abandon the season and award no winner.
[/QUOT

Last edited:
Apparently DVCA are still planning on playing their games however if anything changes both teams will be awarded the premiership as joint winners...

In terms of promoting teams, they will only promote one team, that will be the team that finished higher on the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty disgusting that they aren’t awarding the shields to clubs, I get Jika is a bit of a hard one but pretty clear for quick and Kelly. But to throw it in the too hard basket isn’t the right way
Sitting on the fence not wanting to offend clubs is what is going to drive clubs away from the league
Seen it happen with other events in the league now can’t show leadership and reward clubs that deserve. Wonder if rosebank has of won their final against rivergum would shields have been handed out if games are cancelled!
I agree with others sentiments that the highest ranked side should get the shield! A disappointing way to end a season but it is an act of god just like the weather same rules should apply

Pretty disgusting that they aren’t awarding the shields to clubs, I get Jika is a bit of a hard one but pretty clear for quick and Kelly. But to throw it in the too hard basket isn’t the right way
Sitting on the fence not wanting to offend clubs is what is going to drive clubs away from the league
Seen it happen with other events in the league now can’t show leadership and reward clubs that deserve. Wonder if rosebank has of won their final against rivergum would shields have been handed out if games are cancelled!
I agree with others sentiments that the highest ranked side should get the shield! A disappointing way to end a season but it is an act of god just like the weather same rules should apply
everyone refers back to rosebank.. They dont run the comp. And to answer the question - No they wouldnt have..

everyone refers back to rosebank.. They dont run the comp. And to answer the question - No they wouldnt have..
Where does it say the grand finals have been cancelled and no premiers awarded. Just on Rosebank ,like them or hate them they are a well run club on and off the field. Other clubs should try and replicate Rosebanks administration.

good bye nmca..

Surely following the Cricket Australia recommendation is the appropriate process to take?

I know it’s hard that your Parkers miss out champ but I would have thought somebody of your standing within the association would be more switched on!

Pretty much all other cricket has been called off, it would be irresponsible if the games went ahead...

Chin up and celebrate a good season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The situation is such that nobody can be right or wrong here. What is important we all remove our bias opinions in terms of who should be awarded the Premiership. Obviously you are going to pitch very strongly for your club to be presented the flag therefore making it an absolute joke. So let’s move on as no matter how much complaining we present on this forum....ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!!

Can’t see the 2 power clubs wanting to lay claim to a Premiership under these circumstances anyway.Their administrations I would think are mature enough to accept the decision and move on. My team got beaten on the weekend by them and love them or hate them, RCC are still the minor Premiers.

Blah blah blah, type type type, if there’s a rule that says that’s the decision it is what it is, haven’t seen one yet been looking , no one can argue that socials and footballers should win the flag if it’s just the board that has made that decision. Top team won through , id be appealing it , as for A grade , rosebank where the minor premiers yes, but they lost the number one rank when they lost, they should both be joint winners of A grade considering what is going on in the world. To say we will just forget the final played and give it to rosebank is just silly

The situation is such that nobody can be right or wrong here. What is important we all remove our bias opinions in terms of who should be awarded the Premiership. Obviously you are going to pitch very strongly for your club to be presented the flag therefore making it an absolute joke. So let’s move on as no matter how much complaining we present on this forum....ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!!

Can’t see the 2 power clubs wanting to lay claim to a Premiership under these circumstances anyway.Their administrations I would think are mature enough to accept the decision and move on. My team got beaten on the weekend by them and love them or hate them, RCC are still the minor Premiers.
You making very good sense mr hanson, only thing confusing me is that you say before that eagles to old & done. Now you wanting to award them championship i cant understand this. Maybe they upset you. Yes for sure.

Back