NMCA 2019/2020

You making very good sense mr hanson, only thing confusing me is that you say before that eagles to old & done. Now you wanting to award them championship i cant understand this. Maybe they upset you. Yes for sure.

No not at all am I suggesting they be awarded the ‘championship’. What I am clearly articulating is the fact they finished top of the table at the conclusion of the regular season therefore rightfully making them the minor Premiers. We cannot deny them of that title.

Yes upset we lost to them but there within lies another quandary that cricket presents at all levels and will continue playing to do until time stands still. On the day it’s anyone’s game to win or lose so therefore near impossible to award the Premiership at any level despite who qualifies higher during the finals or who finished top of the charts at season end.

The decision makers of this comp have continually let down the clubs and its players by their inept ability to make some impactful & decisive strong calls over the years. Hence why we are all now all jumping on our dias to proclaim bias who should be awarded the Premiership.

P.S. I’ll get torched for this but warning this is my opinion and every asshole has one.

Last edited:
DVCA Shield games are going ahead. Things can always change.

Interesting that in 2020/2021 there will be 4 former HDCA clubs in the top Grade.

Add Edinburgh dominating the Hardwicket comp in ECA.

Not a bad little comp.
Very good words "things can always change" is correct. if DVCA goes ahead so should NMCA.

No not at all am I suggesting they be awarded the ‘championship’. What I am clearly articulating is the fact they finished top of the table at the conclusion of the regular season therefore rightfully making them the minor Premiers. We cannot deny them of that title.

Yes upset we lost to them but there within lies another quandary that cricket presents at all levels and will continue playing to do until time stands still. On the day it’s anyone’s game to win or lose so therefore near impossible to award the Premiership at any level despite who qualifies higher during the finals or who finished top of the charts at season end.

The decision makers of this comp have continually let down the clubs and its players by their inept ability to make some impactful & decisive strong calls over the years. Hence why we are all now all jumping on our dias to proclaim bias who should be awarded the Premiership.

P.S. I’ll get torched for this but warning this is my opinion and every asshole has one.
For me all grand finalists should be called joint premiers. Am surprised that there are no grand finals but the Board have made the tough decision. Credit to them.. Understand the health issues very well but we have a no contact sport play ining in front of minimal crowds. Well, i can watch the AFL and NRL instead.

Just wondering if any board over the last 10 years or so has ever done anything right. It feels as though every person on here has inside information or a grudge. Claiming to know things that in most instances do not come true.

From a board perspective no doubt they had meetings arguing the respective merits of playing and not playing. They have decided to err on the side of caution putting the communities health above everything else. Shouldn't we be acknowledging the toughness of the decision and understand they were damned either way they decided.

Agree with War Brothers on this one, in my opinion Joint Winners would be nice and a reflection on what we need the comm

Just wondering if any board over the last 10 years or so has ever done anything right. It feels as though every person on here has inside information or a grudge. Claiming to know things that in most instances do not come true.

From a board perspective no doubt they had meetings arguing the respective merits of playing and not playing. They have decided to err on the side of caution putting the communities health above everything else. Shouldn't we be acknowledging the toughness of the decision and understand they were damned either way they decided.

Agree with War Brothers on this one, in my opinion Joint Winners would be nice and a reflection on what we need the comm
Mr Barry making so very good points. All I be advising regarding the extremely difficult decision for this weekend would be to following what the ozzie rules decision.the health dept saying its ok to play a contact sport. cricket is not a contact sport & even less chances of trouble. Possibly nmca were a tinge premature with there call. afl did a backflip on aflw so maybe nmca can eat some humble curry pie and backflip too. only my opinion but makes sense to me. bye the way if cancellation stands award the trophy to joint winners.

Mr Barry making so very good points. All I be advising regarding the extremely difficult decision for this weekend would be to following what the ozzie rules decision.the health dept saying its ok to play a contact sport. cricket is not a contact sport & even less chances of trouble. Possibly nmca were a tinge premature with there call. afl did a backflip on aflw so maybe nmca can eat some humble curry pie and backflip too. only my opinion but makes sense to me. bye the way if cancellation stands award the trophy to joint winners.
Harsha, no issue with people having an opinion on what they would do in this situation. Just don't see the need to for the board to be ridiculed for making a decision, regardless of which way the coin fell. The AFL are an outlier in the world at this point, a very professional organisation compared to ours.

Also struggling with how much this and previous board seem to be accountable for clubs and individuals inability to govern and control themselves respectively. I am involved with a struggling club and am comfortable the competition is doing almost everything it can to assist. Not much more can be asked of people who volunteer their time.

If you do have an issue, list it and what the solution is. Then go to a board meeting and offer your assistance.

Dr. Brett Sutton, Victoria’s Chief Medical Officer - we encourage to play this weekend, may change next week, but at the moment, we want to encourage comps to play. I hope the NMCA changes their mind
The decision has been made, people need to move on. More important things in life. Ridiculous preparation leading into a grand final anyway.

The decision has been made, people need to move on. More important things in life. Ridiculous preparation leading into a grand final anyway.
Spot on Flick, not what we wanted overall but time to move on.

Bring on 20/21. Would have been nice to award joint winners in the top grade. Can’t split the 2 most of the time so would have just added to the legacy and rivalry a bit more IMO.

Dr. Brett Sutton, Victoria’s Chief Medical Officer - we encourage to play this weekend, may change next week, but at the moment, we want to encourage comps to play. I hope the NMCA changes their mind
My word this putting a kitten among the pigeons. AnThey too proud to change there minds.

Pauline Hanson
Can you explain how the decision makers have continually let clubs down? Any unbiased examples?

Oh Barry as a board member to be asking for examples at the end of the season just further demonstrates my point. You guys are just not engaged enough either with the community and/or the Clubs. Maybe time for you to consider an alternative voluntary vocation as your posts are clearly very defensive demonstrating a lack of enthusiasm to accept what is broken and then focus to repair for the good of the comp.

Q - Any chance you or your colleagues can share a future business plan to the Clubs right now?

Oh I almost forgot here are a few examples to ponder

1. Committee members with hands in the till
2. Inconsistent arbitration with tribunal process/verdicts
3. Umpire defection to other comps or just simply walking away
4. Inability to attract new clubs from other comps
5. No future modelling to organically expand 6. Indecisions to promote and/or relegate teams at season end based on ladder position
7. Openly demonstrating favouritism to clubs

Mr hanson, this being the very best post im hearing in extrmely long time. you know for sure the situations going on here.

DVCA Shield games are going ahead. Things can always change.

Interesting that in 2020/2021 there will be 4 former HDCA clubs in the top Grade.

Add Edinburgh dominating the Hardwicket comp in ECA.

Not a bad little comp.

Edinburgh had turf laid over a year ago, not a hardwicket club anymore at 1st XI level.

Oh Barry as a board member to be asking for examples at the end of the season just further demonstrates my point. You guys are just not engaged enough either with the community and/or the Clubs. Maybe time for you to consider an alternative voluntary vocation as your posts are clearly very defensive demonstrating a lack of enthusiasm to accept what is broken and then focus to repair for the good of the comp.

Q - Any chance you or your colleagues can share a future business plan to the Clubs right now?

Oh I almost forgot here are a few examples to ponder

1. Committee members with hands in the till
2. Inconsistent arbitration with tribunal process/verdicts
3. Umpire defection to other comps or just simply walking away
4. Inability to attract new clubs from other comps
5. No future modelling to organically expand 6. Indecisions to promote and/or relegate teams at season end based on ladder position
7. Openly demonstrating favouritism to clubs
Not a board member, just a club representative (Olympic Colts) who is at the coal face of dealing with councils and communities in an effort to try and better the situation at his club. Very aware of the demographic that is currently situated around the West Heidelberg to Reservoir belt. The lack of kids playing cricket has nothing to do with the competition and more to do with available talent in our catchment.

Accusing the people on the board of hands in the till is an ugly thing to say without proof, if you do have proof please present to an AGM and out the people involved. Otherwise shut your mouth, you're talking about people's dad's, brothers, daughters, mum's and sisters.

Inconsistency is a perception thing, if you are talking week to week and have the facts you will find they are quite consistent. If you are talking from year to year and you attended meetings you would know the board are trying to listen to clubs and make changes along the way, some of the changes are forced through CV and some are from the club's, some I don't agree with but I don't cry about them. I argue my case present solutions and hopeully in a democratic way get them across.

Pay the umpires more, to my knowledge the main reason they walk away. Although in the past my behaviour and others who have over stepped may have contributed. I was rightfully suspended for my actions.

To attract other clubs is a complex system, this has been discussed at many a general meeting and to a man the competition has refused to break CV recommendations and approach other clubs. In some instances I think they should not allow clubs outside our competition compete in juniors or women's without a senior team. They might say it is the best way to open dialogue to the seniors, I am not on the board so I trust their judgement.

This sounds like the above, organically expand suggest growth from the inside each club is responsible for that we, every.player is responsible for the growth and wellbeing of the competition.

The last two need examples, if you take the most recent season Northern Socials to my understanding refused to go up after playing in a GF. If you look at the ladder they snuck into the four by % so could argue they weren't ready and for lucky. Cameron who lost only one game went up. What is wrong with that.

You didn't provide any examples and just threw more mud. I will give you an example of what could improve, our President Glen Jenkins could talk more at meetings instead of whispering to Neil Riley give a show of strength, just an opinion but a valid example of what actually happens.

It is easy behind the pseudonym, come to the AGM, if you are too scared to talk in public sit next to me and I will raise your questions for you.

Yours honestly
Barry Parks
Olympic Colts

Just so you know I am not on the board.

Not a board member, just a club representative (Olympic Colts) who is at the coal face of dealing with councils and communities in an effort to try and better the situation at his club. Very aware of the demographic that is currently situated around the West Heidelberg to Reservoir belt. The lack of kids playing cricket has nothing to do with the competition and more to do with available talent in our catchment.

Accusing the people on the board of hands in the till is an ugly thing to say without proof, if you do have proof please present to an AGM and out the people involved. Otherwise shut your mouth, you're talking about people's dad's, brothers, daughters, mum's and sisters.

Inconsistency is a perception thing, if you are talking week to week and have the facts you will find they are quite consistent. If you are talking from year to year and you attended meetings you would know the board are trying to listen to clubs and make changes along the way, some of the changes are forced through CV and some are from the club's, some I don't agree with but I don't cry about them. I argue my case present solutions and hopeully in a democratic way get them across.

Pay the umpires more, to my knowledge the main reason they walk away. Although in the past my behaviour and others who have over stepped may have contributed. I was rightfully suspended for my actions.

To attract other clubs is a complex system, this has been discussed at many a general meeting and to a man the competition has refused to break CV recommendations and approach other clubs. In some instances I think they should not allow clubs outside our competition compete in juniors or women's without a senior team. They might say it is the best way to open dialogue to the seniors, I am not on the board so I trust their judgement.

This sounds like the above, organically expand suggest growth from the inside each club is responsible for that we, every.player is responsible for the growth and wellbeing of the competition.

The last two need examples, if you take the most recent season Northern Socials to my understanding refused to go up after playing in a GF. If you look at the ladder they snuck into the four by % so could argue they weren't ready and for lucky. Cameron who lost only one game went up. What is wrong with that.

You didn't provide any examples and just threw more mud. I will give you an example of what could improve, our President Glen Jenkins could talk more at meetings instead of whispering to Neil Riley give a show of strength, just an opinion but a valid example of what actually happens.

It is easy behind the pseudonym, come to the AGM, if you are too scared to talk in public sit next to me and I will raise your questions for you.

Yours honestly
Barry Parks
Olympic Colts

Barry you provide very validated and learned examples for this year but I’m also referring to years long gone. Based on your rebuttal below I’d gladly vote for you to manage the comp.

Furthermore appreciate you openly declaring your name....that there is grey Leadership. To be clear and again I’m not attacking you as an individual but reality is this comp is in complete disarray. The decisions over the last few days re GF is just another example of indecisiveness:

Barry you provide very validated and learned examples for this year but I’m also referring to years long gone. Based on your rebuttal below I’d gladly vote for you to manage the comp.

Furthermore appreciate you openly declaring your name....that there is grey Leadership. To be clear and again I’m not attacking you as an individual but reality is this comp is in complete disarray. The decisions over the last few days re GF is just another example of indecisiveness:

What's been indecisive ? As far as I'm aware clubs were given details how it would work if the games were to go ahead as well as if they were to be called off, they later updated clubs that it would be called off . To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed , sounds pretty decisive to me

Last edited:

Yours honestly
Barry Parks
Olympic Colts

Well said Barry. Hard to disagree with anything you said. I think you should stand for the Board. Silly person making comments about hands in the till. The treasurer Ian Giddons just wouldnt allow it .

Back