NMCA 2019/2020

More info please
On the nmca radio show he said there is three outcomes.
first was the highest ranked sides get it which his words were rivergum socials and footballers
Second was joint premierships all three grades
But the third was the one hw was leaning towards which is the awarding of no premierships in the three grades

We all know they’ve got some loose cannons down at Socials....jika house could be under threat if they go as they think we will and go no premier...

Don’t sensationalise or overplay it. It’s obviously a traumatic time for everyone involved, from board level to the clubs involved and more generally for the community.

Being over emotional won’t help anyone’s cause. There will be a measured response, and if there are options left on the table I'm sure they will be explored.

If not, you pick it up for next season. Simple.

Interesting decision on premiership for Premier Cricket . My team Melbourne ( as a past player ) were 7th going into last round. They won outright and finished 3rd out of 8 finalists, For the semi 1 vs 4 , 2 vs 3, 5 vs 8 and 6 vs 7. The 2 losers out of the top 4 get a second chance . The top 2 lost and Melbourne won. Melbourne now assumes top spot and comp rules are very clear that whoever was on top after the first week of finals became the premiers when all remaining matches were called off.
As a comparison I don't believe our rules are conclusive in deciding the Rivergum or Rosebank situation. Tha'ts why I favour joint premiers

Morning boys. Sorry the the delayed response. Was in deep conversation with some exec to get the ball rolling on how we fit the only two decent clubs left in this comp over to us at the DVCA. The humble pie was quite tasty though

The NMCA (Neil Riley) has emailed clubs confirming the boards decision that no Premiership is to be awarded to any team this season.

The NMCA (Neil Riley) has emailed clubs confirming the boards decision that no Premiership is to be awarded to any team this season.
If this is correct isn’t it great to play in the only comp that won’t award premierships for those who were the higher ranked team and deserved it.
Great work Riley and co pretty disgusting that you won’t do the right thing. You call the game off citing that you are following cv guidelines but then disregard them when to make your decision.

I will say I do not totally agree with no Premiers. Not sure recognising the significance of what is happening with no Premiers is a joke.

Don't agree, but understand. Tough call

I will say I do not totally agree with no Premiers. Not sure recognising the significance of what is happening with no Premiers is a joke.

Don't agree, but understand. Tough call

They will still expect socials and footballers to go up with out awarding the premierships I hope both clubs and those who finished below them in their respective grades also turn down promotion as you can’t give all the rewards with out the prize!
rivergum socials and footballers all deserved the premierships and to not award them is a slap in the face to those clubs players, coaches, supporters and volunteers who have all put countless hours in this season.

if I were Socials in particular id be hitting Neil Mitchell tomorrow with their sob story (though it’s a justified one) explain how they were undefeated, how bad they were a few years ago and the story of the rebuild that one Socials poster on here carries on about. id also highlight how were the only Comp in Melbourne to do this. do they have any grounds to appeal? And to who? I also apologies for my comment re socials and jika house it was just plain dumb.

I also feel horrible for footballers it would be their first shield premiership in how bloody long??? rivergum and nbr couldn’t care less theyve had they’re glory

if I were Socials in particular id be hitting Neil Mitchell tomorrow with their sob story (though it’s a justified one) explain how they were undefeated, how bad they were a few years ago and the story of the rebuild that one Socials poster on here carries on about. id also highlight how were the only Comp in Melbourne to do this. do they have any grounds to appeal? And to who? I also apologies for my comment re socials and jika house it was just plain dumb.

I also feel horrible for footballers it would be their first shield premiership in how bloody long??? rivergum and nbr couldn’t care less theyve had they’re glory

Mate are you serious? Call Neil Mitchell? He will laugh at them and tell them to Fark off...

The country is about to collapse and you are worried about Jack Quick Shield??? Seriously bloke you need to get your priorities checked...

The country is going into lock down and people will be foreclosing on their homes, not be able to provide for families and all you can do is attack the NMCA based on not awarding premierships...

Is it a shit situation? Yes Would it hurt to be one of those teams? Yes

But in all seriousness... there is so much more happening in the Australia at the moment that this is irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also feel horrible for footballers it would be their first shield

The footballers are the one with the better sob story 40+ years with out a flag in any grade. However ringing Neil Mitchell isn’t going to change anything.
As for appealing not sure what grounds there would be for that

We can provide the following guidelines to support local decision making, which are the principles adopted by the Australian Premier Cricket leadership team:

1. Prior to a final’s series commencing – should the finals series not have commenced then the team who finished first at the conclusion of the home and away season would be declared the winner of the competition. This is how the winner of the Sheffield Shield was determined.
  2. Mid match - The match shall be abandoned, with the Semi or Grand Final awarded to the higher placed team, unless a first innings result has already been achieved prior to the abandonment of the match in which the team who achieved a first innings result being declared the winner
  3. Prior to a semi-final or grand final match - should the semi-final or grand final match not have commenced than the match would be awarded to the higher placed team from the home and away season.

These are the guidelines that CA and CV have released for associations to use clearly NMCA only follow guidelines when it suits them!

Back