NMCA 2020/20201

Today would have been the start of the 20/21 season. Clubs being excited by a strong offseason or hopeful the rust isn't too bad. The older of us hoping we can see the ball and the pain isn't too great tomorrow.

For everyone getting ready to play in 6 weeks times. It is not that far away, do the right thing by each other and maybe a little hypocritical from me, remember it is just a game and enjoy the company of your mates and opposition.

Good luck to everyone (except Donath)

Today would have been the start of the 20/21 season. Clubs being excited by a strong offseason or hopeful the rust isn't too bad. The older of us hoping we can see the ball and the pain isn't too great tomorrow.

For everyone getting ready to play in 6 weeks times. It is not that far away, do the right thing by each other and maybe a little hypocritical from me, remember it is just a game and enjoy the company of your mates and opposition.

Good luck to everyone (except Donath)
See you soon Barry 👍

What does today's announcements mean for the season starting November 14
Might depend on previously announced definition where they said non contact sport for adults could commence . Is cricket a non contact sport ?
Any way the fixtures are up and everyone is hopeful for a 14 November start to play 14 one day matches for the higher grades.
Is it proposed to play same times as last season or are extended hours likely?

Predictions guys? I’ll go first

Rivergum 1st
Can’t see them not finishing first. List looks rock solid still. No real news out of them..

Holy trinity 2nd
Think it’s time this mob took the next step. Won’t hold my breath but i think there bowling line up is the 2nd best in the competition and could win them games. Batting still suspect. Sri Lankan has left also?

Cobras 3rd.
Great first year up. Jury is out on whether they can go so well again. The loss of dharmesena and Silva is huge. Wouldn’t be surprised if they finished lower but it drops away pretty quick.

Socials 4th
Kolep probably good enough to get them in the 4 himself. 7 wins might be enough. Have added a couple handy additions

Keon park 5th
Couple stalwarts in that side should see them win a few games. No real threat

Baseballers 6th
Terrible last year. Can’t see much changing with courts and cale gone. Whisper was Ayres has quit?

Heidelberg west 7th
Seen they have picked up a couple players but who knows what they are like. Mocca probably done but who knows. Bowling thin. A lot on Youngy shoulders again

Cameron
Fair few exits it looks like. Did ok last year but going to be a long year.

Colts to win B grade with no real confidence. Couple nice recruits

Predictions guys? I’ll go first

Rivergum 1st
Can’t see them not finishing first. List looks rock solid still. No real news out of them..

Holy trinity 2nd
Think it’s time this mob took the next step. Won’t hold my breath but i think there bowling line up is the 2nd best in the competition and could win them games. Batting still suspect. Sri Lankan has left also?

Cobras 3rd.
Great first year up. Jury is out on whether they can go so well again. The loss of dharmesena and Silva is huge. Wouldn’t be surprised if they finished lower but it drops away pretty quick.

Socials 4th
Kolep probably good enough to get them in the 4 himself. 7 wins might be enough. Have added a couple handy additions

Keon park 5th
Couple stalwarts in that side should see them win a few games. No real threat

Baseballers 6th
Terrible last year. Can’t see much changing with courts and cale gone. Whisper was Ayres has quit?

Heidelberg west 7th
Seen they have picked up a couple players but who knows what they are like. Mocca probably done but who knows. Bowling thin. A lot on Youngy shoulders again

Cameron
Fair few exits it looks like. Did ok last year but going to be a long year.

Colts to win B grade with no real confidence. Couple nice recruits
Agree with a lot of what you’ve said there, but think there will be a noticeable gap between Rivergum & Cobras as top 2 and the rest.

Rivergum
Cobras
Socials
West
Trinity
Keon Park
Baseballers
Cameron

Agree with a lot of what you’ve said there, but think there will be a noticeable gap between Rivergum & Cobras as top 2 and the rest.

Rivergum
Cobras
Socials
West
Trinity
Keon Park
Baseballers
Cameron
Yeah fair enough mate. I just don’t see how they have replaced there number 4 and 5 bats who were very important to them

Yeah fair enough mate. I just don’t see how they have replaced there number 4 and 5 bats who were very important to them
Agree. Has Dharmesena gone? Not on the clearance list???? Looks like he and Silva held that team together last year.

Looking forward to wondering down to see if this Kolep bloke is all he's cracked up to be. From the sounds of things should win the A grade medal by the length of the Flemington straight.

With Wocca only able to bowl 8 overs HW will need a couple of extra bowlers to be any threat.

HTCC loss of the Sri Lankan bat will hurt. Volitakis a solid in but hard to replace 400 runs.

Cameron could struggle to cover their losses but cricket is a funny game sometimes.

Back