Nmca 24/25

What hope do you think the competition has when some of the people who have been trusted to run the competition (board members) are ok with there clubs applying to play cricket in other associations.

Let's get a positive post going......

Any big recruits or player movements?

With Olympic and donath moving up grades, i'm sure both will be more then competitive but who are the players to watch out for?

Who is the next best young talent coming through?

Let's get a positive post going......

Any big recruits or player movements?

With Olympic and donath moving up grades, i'm sure both will be more then competitive but who are the players to watch out for?

Who is the next best young talent coming through?
Yes, lets be positive.

What positive news do you have coming out of your club?

The competition is going to be weakened this year so the people running the show need to think a bit outside the square.
And perhaps by thinking outside the square they may make this competition more attractive than any other competition in the state.
Let's face it, we had a board that lost its way and have left a huge mess for others to clean up.

My radical plan is to have 6 teams in Jika, Quick and Jack Kelly Shield.
Season is broken down into the following format:

5 x 2 day games
5 X 1 day games
5 x 20/20 games

That's 20 weeks of cricket. It's the only way to have a full season and not weaken the competition by bringing up more teams from Quick Shield that may not be ready. Jika Shield teams would consist of Camrea, Keon Park, Old Ivanhoe, Preston Baseballers, Reservoir Cobras and Donath (this is based on what we think will happen).

20/20 games are short so wherever possible I would have the first and second X1 of each club scheduled to play there 20/20 games at the same ground.
Second X1 start 20/20 at 12:30 pm, First XI start at 4pm.
Bigger crowds and bigger support, bigger canteen take, just better in many aspects.

Finals up to the grand final are two day games:

Grand Final to be held over two weeks

Week 1 Saturday 20/20 game (again make it two games at the one ground even if it isn't the same club to fill the day)
Week 1 Sunday One Day game

Week 2 Saturday/Sunday two day game

To keep it interesting all the way through

20/20 grand final win 6 points
One day grand final win 6 points
(You can lose both games in the first week and still be a chance to win)
Two day grand final win 12 points

If both teams end up on 12 points each then % gained over the 3 grand finals determines the GF winner.

The competition is going to be weakened this year so the people running the show need to think a bit outside the square.
And perhaps by thinking outside the square they may make this competition more attractive than any other competition in the state.
Let's face it, we had a board that lost its way and have left a huge mess for others to clean up.

5 x 2 day games
5 X 1 day games
5 x 20/20 games

That's 20 weeks of cricket. It's the only way to have a full season and not weaken the competition by bringing up more teams from Quick Shield that may not be ready. Jika Shield teams would consist of Camrea, Keon Park, Old Ivanhoe, Preston Baseballers, Reservoir Cobras and Donath (this is based on what we think will happen).

20/20 games are short so wherever possible I would have the first and second X1 of each club scheduled to play there 20/20 games at the same ground.
Bigger crowds and bigger support, bigger canteen take, just better in many aspects.

Week 1 Saturday 20/20 game (again make it two games at the one ground even if it isn't the same club to fill the day)

If both teams end up on 12 points each then % gained over the 3 grand finals determines the GF winner.
Not a bad idea, except would be worried with 5x T20 games in a competition dwindling in quality. Would see some pretty ugly games.

5 x 2 day games
5 X 1 day games
5 x 20/20 games

Some fantastic points there and certainly worth some thought for the new board
Not sure about Cobras staying up i would look at someone like a Colts coming up another grade maybe???
Love the GF idea but maybe just a bit too far out the square right now but certainly worth a discussion for the future i like the idea tho... Instead of having the 20/20 worth 6 points maybe have it worth 4 points then you have a real exciting final weekend of GF Cricket???

5 x 2 day games
5 X 1 day games
5 x 20/20 games

Don't mind the thinking outside of the box but I think having all these grand finals might take off the gloss away from two day grand final.
could play one dayers right up to the Christmas break and finish with a grand final and then come back after Christmas to two day cricket and normal final series in march.

Back