NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

I am getting a little sick of all the crap that is being posted in this thread and STRONGLY suggest that you lot settle down and think before you post.

Prehaps a visit to the NMCA site would clarify things:

nmca.com.au said:
Forecast for Sat 7th Feb 43 degrees

With the best intentions for participator safety the NMCA sub-committee was at fault with “premature adjudication” on weather forecasts issued by the Bureau on Sat the 31st January.

The Association is dissatisfied with the poor outcome and for the remainder of the season will wait until the latest practical time to communicate advice to clubs on weather issues.

As unbelievable as it may seem the current forecast for this Saturday is 43 degrees. Clubs and Umpires can expect contact by SMS at approximately 12.30pm if play is to be abandoned.

The Extreme Weather procedures will be reviewed at the end of the season following consultation with all stakeholders on appropriate procedures for the Association.

You might all do well to take a look at your competitions 'Spirit of Cricket' guidelines, as many of you fall well short of them.

paul collingwood;321225 said:
forecast is 43 for saturday! id just like to thank all you numnuts that jumped up and down over last weeks early call, its gonna be fun sitting around till 12:30 setting up grounds, making arvo teas etc waiting for the board to maybe call it off.

bill give us a call early if ya can id rather be going away somewhere then sitting around waiting.

They're not going to win are they? If they call it off they get a week of abuse, if they try to delay things until the last possible minute in order to play matches (if possible) then people will still complain. You lot want the moon on a stick.

I am getting a little sick of all the crap that is being posted in this thread and STRONGLY suggest that you lot settle down and think before you post.

Prehaps a visit to the NMCA site would clarify things:

nmca.com.au said:

With the best intentions for participator safety the NMCA sub-committee was at fault with “premature adjudication” on weather forecasts issued by the Bureau on Sat the 31st January.

The Association is dissatisfied with the poor outcome and for the remainder of the season will wait until the latest practical time to communicate advice to clubs on weather issues.

As unbelievable as it may seem the current forecast for this Saturday is 43 degrees. Clubs and Umpires can expect contact by SMS at approximately 12.30pm if play is to be abandoned.

The Extreme Weather procedures will be reviewed at the end of the season following consultation with all stakeholders on appropriate procedures for the Association.

You might all do well to take a look at your competitions 'Spirit of Cricket' guidelines, as many of you fall well short of them.

forecast is 43 for saturday! id just like to thank all you numnuts that jumped up and down over last weeks early call, its gonna be fun sitting around till 12:30 setting up grounds, making arvo teas etc waiting for the board to maybe call it off.

bill give us a call early if ya can id rather be going away somewhere then sitting around waiting.

They're not going to win are they? If they call it off they get a week of abuse, if they try to delay things until the last possible minute in order to play matches (if possible) then people will still complain. You lot want the moon on a stick.

You had better make sure that there is pretty of sunscreen to go round PC.

You had better make sure that there is pretty of sunscreen to go round PC.

I'm not convinced it will get to 40...

Looking at www.weather.com.au, it shows 40 for Saturday...

BUT

- Humidity is only at 12%
- The wind is West North Westerly, blowing in an oposite direction to every other forecast for the week.
and
- Sunday is 'apparently' only going to be 27, and with 75% humidity.

It just seems too 'different' to be right...

NOTE:
I'm not a weather expert. But after last week, is there such a thing? :p

BUT

- The wind is West North Westerly, blowing in an oposite direction to every other forecast for the week.
and

NOTE:

FoUr MoRe;321230 said:
i thinkk hes talking to u canplay!!!

I believe we leave the decision up too canplay & Hmmmmm............ It will be a great test for them for next season as they take the association over !

I think the Olympic Hotel is gonna get hammered again !

FoUr MoRe;321230 said:
i thinkk hes talking to u canplay!!!

I believe we leave the decision up too canplay & Hmmmmm............ It will be a great test for them for next season as they take the association over !

bigman2007;321424 said:

Just apply the rules. It's pretty simple. A no brainer.

bigman2007;321424 said:

Just apply the rules. It's pretty simple. A no brainer.

Easty91;321271 said:

BUT

and

NOTE:

good research david brown

Easty91;321271 said:

BUT

and

NOTE:

good research david brown

bigman2007;321424 said:

Just stick to the rules and everything will be sweet its as simple as that!

bigman2007;321424 said:

if this week gets called off, 3 quarters of the season would have been one dayers!! last game before christmas was a one dayer. not to mention one day final. camrea lalor and bundoora to take there finals out. cant believe lalor are aloud to still play at dole reserve. gets me a few runs though!

if this week gets called off, 3 quarters of the season would have been one dayers!! last game before christmas was a one dayer. not to mention one day final. camrea lalor and bundoora to take there finals out. cant believe lalor are aloud to still play at dole reserve. gets me a few runs though!

Hmmmm;321713 said:

lol, i hear an echo....good to see the new executive sticking together already

and guess what, they'll be on here bagging everyone next week, the current exec have announced a rule change, calling play off has been extended from UNTIL 10.30 to 12.30.....

keyword being UNTIL....seems that canplay and hmmmm do not understand what this means, if they did they would see that the rules were applied last week.

Hmmmm;321713 said:

and guess what, they'll be on here bagging everyone next week, the current exec have announced a rule change, calling play off has been extended from UNTIL 10.30 to 12.30.....

keyword being UNTIL....seems that canplay and hmmmm do not understand what this means, if they did they would see that the rules were applied last week.

Jika shield top4 is set unless Northcote Utd can win against baseballers this round and keon park in the next round, anyone think this is possible?

will we ever play 2day cricket again?

as far as comp medals go, does anyone know what happens with these matches that are incomplete?? do they still get voted on?

Jika shield top4 is set unless Northcote Utd can win against baseballers this round and keon park in the next round, anyone think this is possible?

as far as comp medals go, does anyone know what happens with these matches that are incomplete?? do they still get voted on?

northmetroboy;321910 said:

comp medal votes for these games are optional left up to umpires discretion would be hard to give votes and unfair to those in contention on one days play

northmetroboy;321910 said:

comp medal votes for these games are optional left up to umpires discretion would be hard to give votes and unfair to those in contention on one days play

northmetroboy;321908 said:

LOL Halarious !
Great call

northmetroboy;321908 said:

LOL Halarious !
Great call

8 ball over;321911 said:

surely they cant be optional, either they vote on all games or not at all.....

8 ball over;321911 said:

bigman2007;321929 said:
LOL Halarious !
Great call

If the NMCA was correct in applying the heat rule last saturday why have issued an apology on their website?

bigman2007;321929 said:
LOL Halarious !
Great call

If the NMCA was correct in applying the heat rule last saturday why have issued an apology on their website?

northmetroboy;321930 said:

they still had to do match reports and when the question was asked about votes the answer given was it was up to the umpires discretion

northmetroboy;321930 said:

they still had to do match reports and when the question was asked about votes the answer given was it was up to the umpires discretion

Easty91;321271 said:

BUT

and

NOTE:

From The AGE:
'Worst day in history': Brumby warns of fire danger

• Marc Moncrief
  • February 6, 2009 - 12:02PM
Victorians should cancel whatever plans they may have had for tomorrow and take whatever steps necessary to prepare for what Premier John Brumby is calling the "worst day in the history of the state"....

...."It's just as bad a day as you can imagine and on top of that the state is just tinder-dry. People need to exercise real common sense tomorrow.
"If you don't need to go out, don't go out, it's a seriously bad day.
"If you don't need to travel, don't travel.
"Don't go on the roads. If you don't need to use the public transport system, don't use it.
"If you can stay at home, stay at home......

....He said if anything the expectation was for the day to be even hotter rather than cooler.
:eek:

Easty91;321271 said:

BUT

and

NOTE:

From The AGE:
'Worst day in history': Brumby warns of fire danger

• Marc Moncrief
  • February 6, 2009 - 12:02PM
Victorians should cancel whatever plans they may have had for tomorrow and take whatever steps necessary to prepare for what Premier John Brumby is calling the "worst day in the history of the state"....

...."It's just as bad a day as you can imagine and on top of that the state is just tinder-dry. People need to exercise real common sense tomorrow.
"If you don't need to go out, don't go out, it's a seriously bad day.
"If you don't need to travel, don't travel.
"Don't go on the roads. If you don't need to use the public transport system, don't use it.
"If you can stay at home, stay at home......

....He said if anything the expectation was for the day to be even hotter rather than cooler.
:eek:

Hmmmm;321973 said:

they apologised for the poor outcome due to “premature adjudication”....not for breaking or changing the rules...surely you can read, if you can...then you should understand........or based on your previous posts, maybe not

Hmmmm;321973 said:

they apologised for the poor outcome due to “premature adjudication”....not for breaking or changing the rules...surely you can read, if you can...then you should understand........or based on your previous posts, maybe not

northmetroboy;322028 said:

We made a bad decision ("Premature adjudication"), like all Humans do throughout life. I (and for that matter, the Board) did nothing wrong. Therefore the post on the NMCA website is not an apology, we are just stating the facts.

If anyone has serious concerns with the actions of the Board, private message me stating your true Identity and I will be willing to debate with you the merits of the decision made.

If you are unwilling to express concerns to me directly, STOP WHINGING.

Its time to Put Up or Shut Up!

northmetroboy;322028 said:

We made a bad decision ("Premature adjudication"), like all Humans do throughout life. I (and for that matter, the Board) did nothing wrong. Therefore the post on the NMCA website is not an apology, we are just stating the facts.

If anyone has serious concerns with the actions of the Board, private message me stating your true Identity and I will be willing to debate with you the merits of the decision made.

G Sorrentino;322087 said:

there is not a chance in the worldddd we are playing tomorrow..no point waiting till twelve 30. will be 40 by 11 oclock

G Sorrentino;322087 said:

there is not a chance in the worldddd we are playing tomorrow..no point waiting till twelve 30. will be 40 by 11 oclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back