'no Chance' England Will Win World Cup - Swann

futureblackcap

Graeme Swann and Michael Vaughan have openly criticized England's world cup tactics and selections ahead of the world cup. Swann said there was no chance that England could win the world cup. Swann stated that Cook, Bell and Ballance shouldn't be playing one day cricket at all and stated that players such as Roy, Vince, Bopara, Morgan and Taylor should be in the side.

You'd have to mostly agree with what they've said. England is too defensive in their tactics and selections.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/774061.html?CMP=chrome

Graeme Swann and Michael Vaughan have openly criticized England's world cup tactics and selections ahead of the world cup. Swann said there was no chance that England could win the world cup. Swann stated that Cook, Bell and Ballance shouldn't be playing one day cricket at all and stated that players such as Roy, Vince, Bopara, Morgan and Taylor should be in the side.

You'd have to mostly agree with what they've said. England is too defensive in their tactics and selections.

that's pretty negative from a englishmen's point of view.

I don't think they are a serious chance on the face of it with their side but with the quarter final set up they are pretty much guaranteed to get to the knock out stage and from there find form and anything can happen.

England, South Africa and Australia have an advantage going into the world cup so they will have the upper hand despite there teams.

No chance to win the WC, maybe. But that might mean they'll lose the final ;) That's still pretty good, for those blokes.
From an English point of view second is always the new winner.;) but really it is not a good look for them and if they do perform poorly it will not be good for the Ashes when the Aussies also have some fractures in the team.

No-one cares, literally no fans are going, we're not even sending a proper team. Its not the real world cup anyway, that's the t20.

No-one cares, literally no fans are going, we're not even sending a proper team. Its not the real world cup anyway, that's the t20.

EDIT: You don't care and you are not going.

Take your negative attitude somewhere else! I know lot's of people looking forward to it (not just Australians and Kiwis!).

Take your negative attitude somewhere else! I know lot's of people looking forward to it (not just Australians and Kiwis!).

There was an interview with a cricket tour operator earlier. He had sold thousands of tickets to the test tour to the west indies. Number of tickets sold to the world cup? zero.

No-one in England gives a ********, not even the players, you know the aussies think its a joke as well. ODI has always been the poor relation, less serious than test cricket, more boring than t20s, the format is a dead man walking.

KP tried to quit it openly. You know if they would have let him every other professional cricketer would have followed suit. The players rock up and turn their arm over for a few hours and cash the cheque. No-one even notices who "wins". Its a pantomime.

No-one in England gives a ********, not even the players,

Tell that to Alistair Cook and most of the English side. The only two who think it is a joke is Swann who sucked at one day cricket towards the end of his career (sour grapes) and Pieterson who doesn't matter anymore (hasn't scored any runs in any format for a long time).

you know the aussies think its a joke as well.

Proof?

lol there will be heaps of Soapdogers down under for the World Cup.

The format is a bit tired with so many meaningless series played but everyone still wants to win the actual WC, saying the T20 WC is more important is wrong, I can name every winner in the 50 over format but have to really think hard about who won what when in the 20 overs.

One thing I will say is that the shorter T20 cup format is better. The ODI one goes on too long and quarter finals are stupid.

Why is swanny showing so much hate sincères he has retirés??

Are you going to any games? The only one worth going to in Perth is India v West Indies.

I'm going to Australia v New Zealand and South Africa v Pakistan.
Not the semi as well? Probably pretty expensive...

Looked at the India West Indies and it's already sold out.
Few left for Australia v Afghanistan, and India v UAE but who wants to watch that crap..

We were always going to get dregs with the WACA so small and about 30 years out of date.. Shame when it's comfortably the best cricket pitch in country.

To be fair Brisbane looked to have copped even worse games.

Back