North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

punter 18;381810 said:
My point was not to say the VTCA had dropped in standard, I feel that new sides entering the competition have a great opportunity to enjoy a healthy competition. Maybe the regrading has weakened the standard in some eyes, but who would have imagined Hoppers Xing sitting second last at Xmas, Avondale Hieghts sitting last and Moonee Valley on top. The key to enjoying success and improving year to year or as you rise in grade, is to have the resources to entice players to your club, and in this current environment, you
need to be able to pay players. It would be nice to have the old attitude of playing for the love but its long gone.

Don't think i'm being harsh on Kingy, but with all due respect, im not sure when they last made finals, i know they didn't in there last 5 or 6 seasons in B1, if they come out after xmas and win more than they lose, i'll be the first one to put the hand up and say well done.

What is your prediction Big Coq for B1?
Can the Roosters make it?
Where will Kingy finish?

I honestly think you cant go past Aberfeldie Park been there abouts for a while and i believe if they dont play in a granny there will be some soul searching down their.They have some very good players in Albers,Pascu and Riggio and the Booth boys.
Jacanas look like a very good bowling side.May struggle to post a decent score in a granny on a neutral ground though.
Abers seem similar to us no great stand outs but share the load and do the job. Nyhus gets rapped up a bit must go alright.

I honestly think Kingy will finish 2nd or third they need a decent spinner.

I hate to say it but i think we will struggle to get in now as our two imports have gone home and our opener has done his back mini crisis but as nathan said we have got good depth so we will wait and see if someone steps up and takes the oppurtunity by the Scruf of the neck.
Having said all that i dont think were far of the rest of the comp.

I think the forgoten team in all this is St Andrews they had there two best players out and just got them back.
The boys are of to a slow start but gathering momentum
I am tipping that St Andrews will shape the four and may help us scrape into the 4.
St Andrews made the Churches granny last year granted there missing a few from that team but the boys that come back are good.
They have one of the best bats in the Churches comp could win a game himself.
St Andrews have posted 230 in the last two games i think they are starting to hit there straps.
I think any team thinking there in for a easy game will be in for a rude shock.

Thats my halfway rap up.
Have a safe xmas and a Great new year all.
Cheers!!!!

I don't rate Kingsville Baptists at all yet, take the performances of Khwaja out and they look completely different. 1 game against Aber Park and the rest against the Roosters, St Andrews and Seabrook. Jury is out on them BIG TIME

from the other top 4 sides I rate the following players as crucial to their chances

if these guys don't fire their teams are well and truly on the back foot

ABER PARK - Albers (bat/ball - best all rounder in the comp), Pascu (ball - best bowler in the comp), Riggio (bat - if he gets a start your in trouble)

JACANA - a hell of a lot surrounds their skipper Siriwardana (although with a major % of games they have been succesful in having been at their rubbish home wicket they need to finish 1st or 2nd to get past the semi finals you would think)

ABERS - Nyhus (bat - good bat but does he ever put teams away ?), Shanahan (ball - best spinner in the grade and a lot hinges on him to lead their attack) don't know much about Outred who has made plenty this yr but he seems a prospect that needs to continue to make runs. Figures suggest that they are a bowling side who can't make a total at all.

A bold statement, but i feel the team with the most RANGAS will come out on top. Those firey red heads really come to the party when the heat is on. Literally

I think it's just about a race in 2 already. Aber Park and Jacana. They have the best 2 teams and it will only be themselves that will stop them from playing off. Aber Park rely on Albers so much that if he fails as he did against Jacana, they can be in big trouble. Their key is if guys like Italiano, LTB and Burrowes can step up as of recent to help Albers and Riggio out.
Jacana have the best bowling attack in it playing on the worst wicket. So their batting then revolves all around their 3 imports. So long as they dont self-destruct, they should play-off with AP.
Abers ok but nothing crash hot. Will probably make the finals and then anything can happen. Kingy Baps have a tougher draw now but their results speak for themselves. So much reliance on Khwaja and Levic though, they wouldnt want to fail.
If Roosters have lost both their imports and their opening bowler, they are gone. The rest will pick up a few wins but too far behind to create any challenge.
So I dont think there will be any change to the top 4.

PS. The standard of North A and B has dropped considerably in the last couple of seasons. The Aber Park side now isn't a patch on their side of a couple of years ago and yet they will probably win it. And sides like MV, FU and EK are doing well even though not alot of personnel changes from other years. MV bowling is still very average, just surviving on their batting and fact they play on the best wicket.

I agree Jacana on there deck is as tough as beating west coast at home back in 05-06.

(Jacana) rely on there skipper , groves and Bennett,batting very average the skipper Janaka only seems 2 dominate poor bowling teams, u make 200 against em its all over.

(Aberfeldie) U couldnt say there's any real stars in the team but they have good competitors like Shannahan,Nyhus an the Leece brothers. I think they lack that X factor.

(Aberfeldie Park) 2 best bowlers in the comp Albers an Pascu and Albers may be the best bat as well ! Riggio an L. Booth have also had good years .

(Kingy Baps) Simply rely on Kwhaja an levic surprised if they make the granny.
I dont think these top 4sides will move out of the 4. My order is Aber park 1st by a fair way Jacana 2nd then Abers an Kingy Baps

Its crunch time;381999 said:
I agree Jacana on there deck is as tough as beating west coast at home back in 05-06.

(Jacana) rely on there skipper , groves and Bennett,batting very average the skipper Janaka only seems 2 dominate poor bowling teams, u make 200 against em its all over.

(Aberfeldie) U couldnt say there's any real stars in the team but they have good competitors like Shannahan,Nyhus an the Leece brothers. I think they lack that X factor.

(Aberfeldie Park) 2 best bowlers in the comp Albers an Pascu and Albers may be the best bat as well ! Riggio an L. Booth have also had good years .

(Kingy Baps) Simply rely on Kwhaja an levic surprised if they make the granny.
I dont think these top 4sides will move out of the 4. My order is Aber park 1st by a fair way Jacana 2nd then Abers an Kingy Baps

I am never one to bag North B and never will as there are some quality cricketers down there like Albers and Jacana's skipper, to name but a few, but to say the Leece brothers are competitors almost made me choke on my Christmas pudding. Please, both are mere battlers at the very best and I say that with all the generosity in the world. Neither of them would have ever put fear into other teams on a Friday night. Lets be honest, who has ever played Abers and on a Thursday night prior put any focus on how to counter one of the Leece brothers?? Don't make me sick

Canary Yellow;382012 said:
I am never one to bag North B and never will as there are some quality cricketers down there like Albers and Jacana's skipper, to name but a few, but to say the Leece brothers are competitors almost made me choke on my Christmas pudding. Please, both are mere battlers at the very best and I say that with all the generosity in the world. Neither of them would have ever put fear into other teams on a Friday night. Lets be honest, who has ever played Abers and on a Thursday night prior put any focus on how to counter one of the Leece brothers?? Don't make me sick

Glad someone pointed that out about those two

The bat is a battler of the highest order and a flog

you say not to make you sick Canary how about the comedian that listed them stop making us laugh :D

Are they the ones that look like the Proclaimers ??? Didnt they bat 9 & 10 a year or two ago ? I thought that was a touch high....

BigCoq;381736 said:
I believe that this season is the easiest B1 has ever been, ... Now is the perfect time for clubs from other competitions to move to the vtca and work your way from bottom to top.

So in essence you are saying that the VTCA has dropped of considerably or those teams of 5 year ago have rebuilt and moved forward due to the grading system.

Is there a massive difference between A turf and B turf?
All im saying is i havent noticed a marked rise in standard yet compared to were we come from.
Having said that its great to be playing in the VTCA all the decks are 10 times better then what we have been used to and facilities are first class Amen...

I think it's fair to say the standard has probably fallen a little. That's not to detract from anyone who plays in it, but the fact that there are only a couple of teams in it would indicate a lack of depth. That usually means quality across the board is not as it should be. It's always healthier when there are 4-5 teams with a genuine chance at the title, and maybe another couple with a show of making the finals. That is a bit much to expect with the shuffling about that has gone on with the clubs and grades this season, so this is the end result.

Still, the flag is there to be won and you can only beat who you're up against. With all the new clubs in B1, along with perennial strugglers, it has become a bit more of a backwater. I guess that makes Nth A the better test. Then again, it always has been.

Any truth in the rumour Roachy has left Moonee Valley and is playing out the season somewhere closer to home ??? If so, the premiership betting market in North A might need to be tweeked...

Well were back into it. The buisness end of the year!!
These 3 one dayers im tipping will sort out the 4 once and for all.

Seabrook v Aberfeldie-Abers to strong.
Aberfeldie Park v Roosters- Roosters to get up. AP due for a loss.:D
Jacana v St Andrews- Jacana only due too home ground advantage. Who is the curator out there Billy Goat its an efen shoker!
Kingsville v Flemington- Kingy to much depth for Flemington.
Good luck all. Hope ur team gets up.:)

Its crunch time;383073 said:
Yep i know 100% his gone ! Big loss although he hasnt done anything besides his 1st game . Gun bat though

roach is not playing anywhere else... he might even be playing for the valley this weekend.. i had a beer with him only a week ago .:cool:

BigCoq;383361 said:
Well were back into it. The buisness end of the year!!
These 3 one dayers im tipping will sort out the 4 once and for all.

Seabrook v Aberfeldie-Abers to strong.
Aberfeldie Park v Roosters- Roosters to get up. AP due for a loss.:D
Jacana v St Andrews- Jacana only due too home ground advantage. Who is the curator out there Billy Goat its an efen shoker!
Kingsville v Flemington- Kingy to much depth for Flemington.
Good luck all. Hope ur team gets up.:)

So you'd tip the winless St Andrews to beat Jacana if the game was at St.Andrew's home ground? Who have they picked up to suggest an upset like that, or just a gut feel?

CheeQuee;383461 said:
So you'd tip the winless St Andrews to beat Jacana if the game was at St.Andrew's home ground? Who have they picked up to suggest an upset like that, or just a gut feel?

More to the point, how do you tip Roosters to roll Aber Park on their home turf just because they are due for a loss??? I know you are a Roosters fan but at least declare that. Haven't the Roosters lost their imports now as well?

FWIW - Aber Park, Jacana, Aber and KB to win this week to just about sew up the top 4 already this far out from the end of season.

In Nth A - Albion in a nil all draw with Avondale, Werr Centrals, Foot Utd, St.Albans and Taylors Lakes. Some 50/50 games in Nth A this week.

St.andrews will not score 100 at Jacana's ground Jacana will be far 2 strong!

Abers should get the bikiz against Seabrook Abers have more 2 play for .

Aber park should crush Altona if its true theve lost 3 players since the break.

Kingy Baps may beat Flemington bit without a gr8 bowling side maybe closer then ne may think .

Snagglepuss;383473 said:
More to the point, how do you tip Roosters to roll Aber Park on their home turf just because they are due for a loss??? I know you are a Roosters fan but at least declare that. Haven't the Roosters lost their imports now as well?

FWIW - Aber Park, Jacana, Aber and KB to win this week to just about sew up the top 4 already this far out from the end of season.

In Nth A - Albion in a nil all draw with Avondale, Werr Centrals, Foot Utd, St.Albans and Taylors Lakes. Some 50/50 games in Nth A this week.

I didn't bother mentioning him tippin Roosters to beat Aber park b/cos it was clear he was just backing them cos it's his team.
By the way I'm not an Altona Roosters fan or player - i have no allegiance to them at all and i think they will get beaten quite comfortably by the flag fav's AP this weekend.

Cheers!

Agreed just like picking ur own team Melbourne 2 beat Geelong haha ! Will be interesting 2 see who finishes top 2. Will be important . I think Aber PArk and Jacana

Snagglepuss;383473 said:

I thought it was obvious that i was a Rooster no identity crisis here. I am hoping for a bit of complacency to kick in at the park. One day games funny things can happen u know.
I really think St Andrews are a massive show on that track its shizen howsen anything can happen there. Jacana havent made more that 160 in any game yet we will see.
I thought i would get the thread jumping again no biggy enjoy ur cricket boys.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back