North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

CheeQuee;383478 said:
I didn't bother mentioning him tippin Roosters to beat Aber park b/cos it was clear he was just backing them cos it's his team.
By the way I'm not an Altona Roosters fan or player - i have no allegiance to them at all and i think they will get beaten quite comfortably by the flag fav's AP this weekend.

Cheers!

Na sorry Cheekers, wasnt meaning you, i was meaning BigCoq.
Good to have some banter though Gentlemen!
I also think St.Andrews may improve a lot this 2nd half if all is true that they say. KingyBaps have a tough draw to finish out but they have done so well early that I think they will still make the 4, along with the other 3 already there. Aber Park v jacana GF though i think.

Hello All,

Hope everyone had a great new year with plenty of frothy's enjoyed. Glad to be back into the cricket this week and it wouldn't suprise me if games were closer than people think.

Abers should roll Seabrook (just), Aber Park to beat the Roosters, Kingy and Flemington may play out a close one, with kingy to get the points and Jacana far too strong for St Andrews.

Just a quick one to leave you with, what do you guys think of the double header weekend? Is it too hard to expect clubs to be able to produce wickets for saturday and sunday as well as a function/fundraiser for the Mcgrath Foundation?

Snagglepuss;383485 said:
Na sorry Cheekers, wasnt meaning you, i was meaning BigCoq.
Good to have some banter though Gentlemen!
I also think St.Andrews may improve a lot this 2nd half if all is true that they say. KingyBaps have a tough draw to finish out but they have done so well early that I think they will still make the 4, along with the other 3 already there. Aber Park v jacana GF though i think.

All good Snaggle, good to see some discussion back here anyway..

The top 2 spots will be vital in the wash-up, if Jacana qualify for a home final, it will be really tough to go out there and beat them, but they fell over completely after xmas last season so will be interesting to see if they sustain this good form. I think they will.

CheeQuee;383563 said:
All good Snaggle, good to see some discussion back here anyway..

The top 2 spots will be vital in the wash-up, if Jacana qualify for a home final, it will be really tough to go out there and beat them, but they fell over completely after xmas last season so will be interesting to see if they sustain this good form. I think they will.

If Jacana got a home final it would be an absolute travesty as ur cricketing ability would not be tested more a game of chance!

The VTCA is big on fines i think that clubs dishing up crap wickets should come in for a fine as well.

I think the VTCA should not allow a club too dish up crap like that. The vtca is supposed to be the third tier in the Victorian Cicketing World. I know its b grade but thats a major reason we got out of the churches substandard everything.

Hope you all had a great new year.

some big games in nth A this week First v 3rd and 2nd v 4th. good chance for W/c and seddon to get into the 4 if things go there way.

I'm going for St albans against M/V if rumours true about Roach it leaves there batting a bit light on.

E/k to get over F/U i'm hoping for this to be a reverse off the round 2 game.

W/C to beat C/Burn, seddon to get over T/L in a very close game.
and albion to beat Avondale.

The two one dayer's after x-mas are always the make and break games for clubs win both and you are right up there lose both and it's a long way back

BigCoq;383579 said:
If Jacana got a home final it would be an absolute travesty as ur cricketing ability would not be tested more a game of chance!

The VTCA is big on fines i think that clubs dishing up crap wickets should come in for a fine as well.

I think the VTCA should not allow a club too dish up crap like that. The vtca is supposed to be the third tier in the Victorian Cicketing World. I know its b grade but thats a major reason we got out of the churches substandard everything.

Sure, their wicket is definately not the best you'll ever play on, but it certainly has come in for some stick this season (warranted if curator is arriving on Sat morning to start preparing it).

But to be honest, their wicket is no worse than Craigieburn's (which was down-right dangerous to play on a couple of season's ago, not sure how it's playing this season...). And C/burn's has never copped it on here. And Jacana's outfield is 100 times better than Craigieburn.

And i'd reckon the league would find it hard to introduce fines for wicket preparation when most club's pitches are done by council and/or volunteers. Isn't taking points off them an appropriate punishment? It's already happened to jacana this season.

Just for the record Big Coq, have you ever played at Jacana or are you just going on what's been said by people on here? Not having a go, just curious, cos you don't want to talk yourselves out of a win when you travel out there later in the season, at the moment you sound really worried to me! visiting teams have won there before, just not recently!

7/564;383608 said:
Hope you all had a great new year.

some big games in nth A this week First v 3rd and 2nd v 4th. good chance for W/c and seddon to get into the 4 if things go there way.

I'm going for St albans against M/V if rumours true about Roach it leaves there batting a bit light on.

E/k to get over F/U i'm hoping for this to be a reverse off the round 2 game.

W/C to beat C/Burn, seddon to get over T/L in a very close game.
and albion to beat Avondale.

The two one dayer's after x-mas are always the make and break games for clubs win both and you are right up there lose both and it's a long way back

Hi 7fa,

Im with you on StAlbans - Macca just has to start turning fear into wickets eventually, lol, and M/V might be just the time to start.... Roach definitely out too it seems/....

W/C will comfortably beat Cragieburn... Seddon I'm not as confident of, think Taylor Lakes could cause an upset.... Albion are going a bit better than Avondale it seems and I'll disclose my bias when I say I hope my boys (FUCC) beat yours on the weekend....

Not sure if you play 1s but I'm coming back from injury in 2s this week so doubt I'll see you...

Good luck all.

OnTheLookout;383617 said:
Hi 7fa,

Im with you on StAlbans - Macca just has to start turning fear into wickets eventually, lol, and M/V might be just the time to start.... Roach definitely out too it seems/....

W/C will comfortably beat Cragieburn... Seddon I'm not as confident of, think Taylor Lakes could cause an upset.... Albion are going a bit better than Avondale it seems and I'll disclose my bias when I say I hope my boys (FUCC) beat yours on the weekend....

Not sure if you play 1s but I'm coming back from injury in 2s this week so doubt I'll see you...

Good luck all.

Well if you are in two's i'll see you there.

good luck but not to much luck mate haha

BigCoq;383579 said:

finish 1 or 2 and you get a home final, other than that bad luck, that cricket

OnTheLookout;383617 said:
Hi 7fa,

Good luck all.

MV to beat St.Albans in a closer one than earlier in the year. I think MV will go in with some confidence after dominating the first game, however I think this clash will be a lot tighter than the first.

WC to easily account for Cragieburn, Lakes for mine as well who could make a push for the 4 with an easy game against Albion next week.

Avondale in an upset over Albion, and EK to just beat FUCC due to bowling depth although I hear Adam Bell might be out with a hamstring so brings the game a little closer again. Should be an interesting round of results

CheeQuee;383610 said:
Sure, their wicket is definately not the best you'll ever play on, but it certainly has come in for some stick this season (warranted if curator is arriving on Sat morning to start preparing it).

But to be honest, their wicket is no worse than Craigieburn's (which was down-right dangerous to play on a couple of season's ago, not sure how it's playing this season...). And C/burn's has never copped it on here. And Jacana's outfield is 100 times better than Craigieburn.

And i'd reckon the league would find it hard to introduce fines for wicket preparation when most club's pitches are done by council and/or volunteers. Isn't taking points off them an appropriate punishment? It's already happened to jacana this season.

Just for the record Big Coq, have you ever played at Jacana or are you just going on what's been said by people on here? Not having a go, just curious, cos you don't want to talk yourselves out of a win when you travel out there later in the season, at the moment you sound really worried to me! visiting teams have won there before, just not recently!

CQ i went down there to see if the pitch was as bad as reported and to my horror i found a fantastic outfield and a pitch with patches of grass and patches of merri creek soil. as we are a new club its best to know what ur up against prior to the game i think.
We have played on equally bad wickets some without grass and only clippings rolled in. The wickets always two paced and uneven bounce more the norm than rocking up and getting a road.
So far it has been refreshing to play on good wickets so im a little disappointed to see a goat track in this comp. We will get on with the job no big deal we both have to play on it.
When u get results like outrights and no more than 160runs due to the pitch it affects ur points outcome its just not right. Its not a level playing field is it.
Im sure when your club makes a wicket u want it to be the best it can be plain and simple. I have heard from ex jacana and north b players that there track is crap and has been for many many years. All im saying is they should be made accountable to produce something better as the VTCA has a higher standard than that.

Jacana v St Andrews called off after 11 balls because the track was a mine field. Surely the VTCA has to step in. This is becoming a regular theme down there.

punter 18;383770 said:
Jacana v St Andrews called off after 11 balls because the track was a mine field. Surely the VTCA has to step in. This is becoming a regular theme down there.

Im not surprised in the slightest.
Does nothing for cricket down there.
I suppose thats jacanas punishment right there Points.

BigCoq;383808 said:
Im not surprised in the slightest.
Does nothing for cricket down there.
I suppose thats jacanas punishment right there Points.

How could they not get a reasonable track up by round 7. Understandable if it was round 1 or 2 but round 7. They should be stripped of any points to come out of that game on the weekend.

Does anybody know the result of the Centrals v Craigieburn game. No results have been entered still

Good on ya Moonee Valley terrific double against st albans, althought @ 6/80 odd looks like u blokes had some jitters and i gues after you passed their score some blokes had a bit of fun amassing 200 odd. Great win.

Still i don't rate Moonee Valley but they don't care and keep winning, St albans batting has been a bit suspect for a few years now and looks like despite splashing some cash on a few blokes their batting might cost them again this year.

Footscary united, Taylors Lakes good winners as well. G JOnes has been a recruit of the year in NTH A1 it seems, money well spent TLakes.

I guess WC had a win against Craigieburn.

Thought Avondale were a better side than Albion b4 this match, but Albion had a close win and second year in a row have managed to fight its way to stay in NTH A1.

Winless Avondale it seems are destined for NTH A1 given bottom 2 teams are meant to be relegated. They need to win all 4 games (minor miracle) to avoid the drop so 0-7 4-7 they are gone.

Craigieburn looks like other team which will join 'em in NTH B.

Battle for the top 4 will be tight as usual 3-8 only separaqted by 10 points so they are all a chance form now on. no standouts really this year so if finish in top 4 anyones flag?
which is different to previous years where there is always 1/2 standouts.

Well some surprising scores in Nth B1 this round.

Firstly, it's very disappointing to see the game abandoned at Jacana. After losing the points against Aberfeldie earlier in the season, you wouldn't think something like this could rear it's head again but it has.

They are only hurting themselves by losing valuble points with these protests and it must be dis-heartening for the players to rock up and not get a game.

Flemington with the upset of the round cruising past Kingy Baps and scoring at over a run a ball. Interesting to see the Baptists usual opening bowler played 2nds and took 5. Anyone know what happened there?

Aber Park comfortable enough against Roosters to stay on top and a tie at Seabrook vs Abers...shame about Jacana but otherwise an interesting round of cricket!

CheeQuee;383900 said:
Well some surprising scores in Nth B1 this round.

Firstly, it's very disappointing to see the game abandoned at Jacana. After losing the points against Aberfeldie earlier in the season, you wouldn't think something like this could rear it's head again but it has.

They are only hurting themselves by losing valuble points with these protests and it must be dis-heartening for the players to rock up and not get a game.

Flemington with the upset of the round cruising past Kingy Baps and scoring at over a run a ball. Interesting to see the Baptists usual opening bowler played 2nds and took 5. Anyone know what happened there?

Aber Park comfortable enough against Roosters to stay on top and a tie at Seabrook vs Abers...shame about Jacana but otherwise an interesting round of cricket!

Cheeks,
Im reasonably happy with our performance going into the game missing our Opening bat & No3 also one of our main bowlers injured.
Lossing to the top team by 37 runs at their ground far from being disgraced i would say. U can say comfortable ill say we were stiff putting down 2 catches at critical periods in the game.

BigCoq;383902 said:
Cheeks,
Im reasonably happy with our performance going into the game missing our Opening bat & No3 also one of our main bowlers injured.
Lossing to the top team by 37 runs at their ground far from being disgraced i would say. U can say comfortable ill say we were stiff putting down 2 catches at critical periods in the game.

Agree totally in that you were far from disgraced. I think the damage may have been done when none of the top 5 batsman managed a double-figure score however. At 5/not many, it's a long way back but your two opening bowlers definately did their job and you'll be better for the hit out when you meet them at your place for a 2 dayer.

Unless it's a total mis-match (which this wasn't 1 vs 5), i don't think you will see too many lop-sided results in one-day matches. Your boys were going in with some good recent form behind them too.

how come Jacana get 3 points for an issue that is obviously their fault (as a club)

very stiff for their opposition to only obtain 3 points when they are not at fault

is the result final or is there a protest relating to it ?

heard a whisper from some people I know at Aberfeldie saying that there was conflicting information on the scorebooks with the Aberfeldie boys believing they had won when in fact it was a tie

any Abers people on here that can confirm or deny this ?

some good games this weekend.

with Abers and Kingy Baps playing there is an opportunity for those outside the 4 to gain some points on whoever loses that game then Kingy Baps and Jacana play on the Sunday

could be some major changes if results fall against Kingy Baps this weekend

this was predicted before Xmas regarding their tenure in the 4, the loss to Flemington and with games against Jacana and Abers to come it could be them who struggle to keep their spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back