North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

ROY G BIV;389151 said:
Avondale Heights v Craigieburn
Both already relegated. 1 win between them.
Long break between drinks for at least one club or could they both somehow find a way to lose.
Both clubs would be eager to get over and done with this season, should be feeling pretty battered + bruised.
I dunno why but I am tipping Avondale again, have done that few times over the last few years but this season they have done my tipping & more importantly themselves no favours. On paper look better than Cragieburn but that aint saying much, however for them the danger is D Portou, a lot of batters have made big runs against Avondale attack this year so the way Portou bats if they don’t get him soon he could do anything.

Seddon v St Albans

St Albans should do it easy here, for them need a solid batting effort.
Need confidence with the bat b4 finals
Seddon were very ordinary last year have improved somewhat, Grant a good inclusion along with a few others.

Albion v Werribee Centrals

Centrals too good with the ball for Albion.
Edrich +Clutton outright could be on cards.
Like St Albans need more runs going into the semi.
Albion stay up to go around 1 more year in NTH A. Should thank the Avondale lads, what will they do next year. S Brne back again?

Moonee Valley v Footscray United

Funited, have a Band-Aid bowling attack that will eventually be their downfall in the finals.
Everyone bats in this side, suspect against quality quicks though, but batting is their strength.
I see MValley missing Perrera+ Raj that gives Funited a win here.

East Keilor v Taylors Lakes

Dunno the INS/OUTS here.
East keilor to finish off their best season in 3-4 years with a win.
TLakes have done well this year but a far cry from winning 3 flags in NWCA mats, needed G Gones,without his services would’ve battled it out with Albion,Avondale,Craigieburn for relegation. That’s not fair the way Avo + Cragieburn have gone everyone else was always safe in NTH A.

My finals standings
1. Funited
2. Mvalley
3. Wcentrals
4. St Albans

If this is how they end up after 11 rounds, then St Albans Vs Werribee grannie with St Albans Premiers.

St Albans would look to avoid Funited in the Semi though United have a very good record against them don't believe have lost to them in a couple of years atleast.

raj and perera are both playing this game (so the web site says) so i think the valley will win as will crigieburn.. also the big one will be played by the same two teams that played it out last year in north b... just shows you how weak north a is.. most north b sides would beat most north a sides.. all the good teams from north b cant come up at the same time but when they have they just pass on into the next grade.. greenvale tulla west meadows... w/c and maybe m/valley. abber park will come up and do the same.. north a has been weak for awhile..lads

shhhhhhhhhhh;389164 said:
raj and perera are both playing this game (so the web site says) so i think the valley will win as will crigieburn.. also the big one will be played by the same two teams that played it out last year in north b... just shows you how weak north a is.. most north b sides would beat most north a sides.. all the good teams from north b cant come up at the same time but when they have they just pass on into the next grade.. greenvale tulla west meadows... w/c and maybe m/valley. abber park will come up and do the same.. north a has been weak for awhile..lads

Are Moonee Valley taking themselves too seriously. VTCA website says the two stars are not playing whereas the Moonee Valley website say they are both in. Interesting..

What Phillip has done for centrals should be congratulated,

BUT, the worse thing that could happen for the club is to move up another grade in VTCA because there bowlers can only carry this club so far, and with an under achieving batting line up which they currently have (with exception to young d.cachia) they would be left to dry in North Division.

Phil don't bother replying with me saying I have no cricketing knowledge as based on most of your posts replies that seems to be your only self defense, which is rich coming from someone whose spelling mistakes clearly indicate your are greatly under-educated.

Name one of these sides that actually won a flag or even palyed off in a NTH A in order to go up.

Abers have a history of finals in NTH B but hardly ever won a game in NTH A.
Flemington also always struggled when they came up in A.

THe likes of Wmeadows, Wcentrals, Mvalley have been in NTH A before and all struggled. Westy were probably were the most competitive of the lot.

Don't wanna keep regurgiatting the lack of strenght of NTH A but them are the facts. Historically alot of the NTH B clubs have struggled when promoted, recent years there have been some exceptions highlighting the gradual decline of standards we agree on that at least. But i don't think any NTH B clubs of 2009/10 with the exception of Aber park would be finals aspirants in NTH A. NTH B is cleary the lowest standard of 1X1 cricket in NORTH half of the VTCA.

Admittedley Greenvale and westy are now a very strong 1x1 sides thanks largely to their ex district recruits.

Whats everyone thoughts only Champion player of the North A1.

Personally it would be hard to look past Foostcray U's Adam Preece who has come up very big in past weeks.

Opening_Bat;389139 said:
Perara did ton up against Centrals in the 07/08 season.

Last season against Centrals, he hit scores of: 2, 33 and 0 in the grand final.
Of them three innings, he went out twice, with D. Taylor getting him both times.

Seems he doesnt like the medium pacers

, he made 150 to
be precise. Judging by that, i rekon he dosn't mind the ball coming on to the bat.
The game should bring back memories for our resident clown, Mr Crea, he tonned up himself. Well done Phil, your last score i think!

Fariq;389889 said:
What Phillip has done for centrals should be congratulated,

BUT, the worse thing that could happen for the club is to move up another grade in VTCA because there bowlers can only carry this club so far, and with an under achieving batting line up which they currently have (with exception to young d.cachia) they would be left to dry in North Division.

Phil don't bother replying with me saying I have no cricketing knowledge as based on most of your posts replies that seems to be your only self defense, which is rich coming from someone whose spelling mistakes clearly indicate your are greatly under-educated.
never was a strong speller, but do know my cricket we will win it this year and next year ,

u are kidding not one side in b grade i rate ,need to pick up a lot of players ,and i mean a lot

Fariq;389891 said:

Personally it would be hard to look past Foostcray U's Adam Preece who has come up very big in past weeks.
hope he does , but hate to say it jones will win it , lost all respect when he took his ball and went home against us

punter 18;389176 said:
, he made 150 to
be precise. Judging by that, i rekon he dosn't mind the ball coming on to the bat.
The game should bring back memories for our resident clown, Mr Crea, he tonned up himself. Well done Phil, your last score i think!

The next game against Seabrook he hit a 53.

Going by MyCricket, he also has a 77, 59 and a 96 after that hundred

Fariq;389891 said:

Well J. Bell looks like winning it ! Usually an all rounder's award , same in b1 M.Albers going to take it out again similar player to Bell both gun cricketer's.

punter 18;389176 said:
, he made 150 to

thank you must have smashed u all over the park that day

I wouldn't hold it against Centrals winning this year, or at least being promoted, however in North Division you would be mediocre at best, besides not for you to worry unless you would be selfish enough to stay in the first X1 where as statistics as well as other members of big cricket have clearly indicated that you are undoubtedly struggling and blocking the chances of others who are more deserving of a spot than yourself.

However, if you were to improve your chances in Nth Division you would have to disregard your self-proclaimed as well as much blabbed about 'no paying for playing' policy which most know is utter rubbish. A batter or two is needed at centrals, desperately.
But lets not forget for a Nth Division birth to materialize you must get the job done this year and personally i think that if either Mooney Valley or Footscray United post a score in excess of 250 than its season over for Phillips W/C

Opening_Bat;389180 said:
The next game against Seabrook he hit a 53.

Going by MyCricket, he also has a 77, 59 and a 96 after that hundred

Well the 77 and 59 were in the seconds and i'll pay the 96

Fariq;389907 said:
I wouldn't hold it against Centrals winning this year, or at least being promoted, however in North Division you would be mediocre at best, besides not for you to worry unless you would be selfish enough to stay in the first X1 where as statistics as well as other members of big cricket have clearly indicated that you are undoubtedly struggling and blocking the chances of others who are more deserving of a spot than yourself.

However, if you were to improve your chances in Nth Division you would have to disregard your self-proclaimed as well as much blabbed about 'no paying for playing' policy which most know is utter rubbish. A batter or two is needed at centrals, desperately.
But lets not forget for a Nth Division birth to materialize you must get the job done this year and personally i think that if either Mooney Valley or Footscray United post a score in excess of 250 than its season over for Phillips W/C
already done homework for next year ,brad broughton back next season and cant tell u the other name untill finals over ,all i can tell u he is playing finals ., to your comment about chasing 250 we made 304 against fu

phil crea;389899 said:
never was a strong speller, but do know my cricket we will win it this year and next year ,

What a ridiculous statement!! Fair enough you have every chance this season - but your predicting you will get there again next year - 12 months in advance???
For a bloke who claims to know his cricket - surely you must realise how dumb it is to say this????
As I have said before bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them.
Phil - what do you reckon you need to post against St A to be safe - 150? 180?

phil crea;389181 said:
thank you must have smashed u all over the park that day

Sorry to dent your ego there phil but i wasnt playing in that game. The times ive had the pleasure you paired up and made a twenty. Havn't really seen enough of you to decide if your any good or not

Fariq;389907 said:

What if Centrals play St Albans in the semi which looks like its going to occur????

punter 18;389187 said:
Sorry to dent your ego there phil but i wasnt playing in that game. The times ive had the pleasure you paired up and made a twenty. Havn't really seen enough of you to decide if your any good or not

was 20 year ago lol just making up numbers might give a young bloke a go next year

phil crea;389900 said:
hope he does , but hate to say it jones will win it , lost all respect when he took his ball and went home against us

In all fairness Phil no player whether you like him or you don't no player should have to put up with what occured.I know there's two sides to every story & i've heard both but it aint on mate. I hope as senior coach you did something about it, hopefully there weren't any kids playing to see it & think that it's ok. Trust me i'm not on the Jones band wagon but he's a quality player & has been good all season, however he can be a sook & this does rub people the wrong way. Could go to any of Preecey, Jones, JBell & dont forget Raj Aiyappan - he's had a fair season & shouldn't be overlooked....

Some very interesting results on day 1.

MV all over Footscray United which could see FU drop to 4th which will result in a rematch come the long weekend.
Heights in an upset for mine over Craigieburn. I certainly didn't see that coming.
St.Albans home and hosed. Seddon have really struggled since Major departed. Thoughts
Taylors Lakes getting runs against an insipid attack in a nothing game.

The interesting one for mine, Werribee once again showing they can't bat, but bowl sides out for fun. Werribee are definately the unknown of all of this. Did Albion once again produce a nightmare pitch producing 22 wickets in a day. Phil can you enlighten us on today's events. 22 wickets and only 200 runs. Interesting day.

parkcricketer;389925 said:
What a ridiculous statement!! Fair enough you have every chance this season - but your predicting you will get there again next year - 12 months in advance???
For a bloke who claims to know his cricket - surely you must realise how dumb it is to say this????
As I have said before bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them.
Phil - what do you reckon you need to post against St A to be safe - 150? 180?

we know what we need for next year so why not plan in advance, and plus we have the best young players from any club i have seen this year, 200 plus with our bowlers no one would get them

Canary Yellow;389441 said:
Some very interesting results on day 1.

MV all over Footscray United which could see FU drop to 4th which will result in a rematch come the long weekend.
Heights in an upset for mine over Craigieburn. I certainly didn't see that coming.
St.Albans home and hosed. Seddon have really struggled since Major departed. Thoughts
Taylors Lakes getting runs against an insipid attack in a nothing game.

The interesting one for mine, Werribee once again showing they can't bat, but bowl sides out for fun. Werribee are definately the unknown of all of this. Did Albion once again produce a nightmare pitch producing 22 wickets in a day. Phil can you enlighten us on today's events. 22 wickets and only 200 runs. Interesting day.

no wicket good ,just some very poor batting ,any win is a good win

2time;389928 said:
In all fairness Phil no player whether you like him or you don't no player should have to put up with what occured.I know there's two sides to every story & i've heard both but it aint on mate. I hope as senior coach you did something about it, hopefully there weren't any kids playing to see it & think that it's ok. Trust me i'm not on the Jones band wagon but he's a quality player & has been good all season, however he can be a sook & this does rub people the wrong way. Could go to any of Preecey, Jones, JBell & dont forget Raj Aiyappan - he's had a fair season & shouldn't be overlooked....
as a senior coach i dont agree what steve did thats why we sent him home , but as a long time player i cant beleive one player took his side home when players from his side wanted to play, to me that is the man selfish and thats why taylors lakes wont go anywhere with a bloke bowling 1000 overs ,that wont bring on the young players

phil crea;389452 said:
no wicket good ,just some very poor batting ,any win is a good win

dr, phil mate in a few of your posts this season you have said that w/c will win the flag things are pointing that way but did say your only danger was s/a.

with things panning out the way they did yesterday looks like the grand final is coming a week early..

are they the only team you didnt want to play ?
good luck mate big semi that one..:cool:

phil crea;389938 said:
as a senior coach i dont agree what steve did thats why we sent him home , but as a long time player i cant beleive one player took his side home when players from his side wanted to play, to me that is the man selfish and thats why taylors lakes wont go anywhere with a bloke bowling 1000 overs ,that wont bring on the young players

Now Phil,

I don't nomally reply to post's on here regarding over teams and players and i think you are a huge chance of winning the GF.

But to say glen bowls alot and the kids don't get a go is true but you only have to look at your teams stat's for the year and your 2 main bowlers have played less games and bowled more overs.So does that mean you are not bringing on the kids?.
Cannot have it both ways.

Anyway good luck in the finals

Total Records: 10

Player . MAT O M R W 5Wi 10Wm BBI AVE. STR. ECN
1 Clutton, Darren 7 100 32 217 24 2 1 6/37 9.04 25.00 2.17
2 Edrich, Aaron K 6 99.2 32 214 22 2 0 5/31 9.73 27.09 2.15
3 Cowlishaw, Jamie 11 78 8 270 16 1 0 5/10 16.88 29.25 3.46

shhhhhhhhhhh;389500 said:
dr, phil mate in a few of your posts this season you have said that w/c will win the flag things are pointing that way but did say your only danger was s/a.

with things panning out the way they did yesterday looks like the grand final is coming a week early..

are they the only team you didnt want to play ?
good luck mate big semi that one..:cool:

they are a very good side , as to us not wanting to pay st albans in the semi we dont care who we play last time we play them , we didnt have our 2 quicks our captain , wade so yes we are looking forward to it , they will have more presure on them to spend all that money and not win it would be disappointing for them ,

ages eldrich 30 cluts 25 collishaw 26 and sam crea 16 who before xmas bowled the most overs and our leading wicket taker ,due to playing dowling we have rested him untill now so tell me we are not bringing on theyoung players

phil crea;389514 said:
they are a very good side , as to us not wanting to pay st albans in the semi we dont care who we play last time we play them , we didnt have our 2 quicks our captain , wade so yes we are looking forward to it , they will have more presure on them to spend all that money and not win it would be disappointing for them ,

as a club we know we are looking forward to it , after they said some bullshit allegations over our club , game on

phil crea;389943 said:
ages eldrich 30 cluts 25 collishaw 26 and sam crea 16 who before xmas bowled the most overs and our leading wicket taker ,due to playing dowling we have rested him untill now so tell me we are not bringing on theyoung players

Phil, serious question, is this your first year as coach of WC? did you play there last season?

There is a 16 year old kid that bats top 4 in your twos, good head on his shoulders and has some classy shots (sardi, i think his name was), any reason why he hasnt been blooded into the ones for a couple of games? its not like your batting has been setting the world on fire

phil crea;389519 said:
as a club we know we are looking forward to it , after they said some bullshit allegations over our club , game on

If results pan out the way they look right now it will be a WC and St A semi played at Werribee.
What sort of deck will you come up with Phil?
Will it be played on a hard bouncy deck with the 4 quality quicks going hard at it? Big Macca seems to come to life in the last couple of weeks so my suggestion might be a little optimistic......
Your call about St A spending coin is a good one - but I'm not sure to many of the players will think about that on game day.
Not sure why people are writing off either FU or the Valley though? Clearly the best 2 batting sides in the competition surely deserve a little respect????

Any Craigiburn or Avendale Hieghts readers out there?

I know its not first 11 talk, but is the result between your 2nd 11, is that final, or is there a second day to be played?

If there is a 2nd day, why is it showing Compulsary Closure (CC).

Cheers

parkcricketer;389594 said:
If results pan out the way they look right now it will be a WC and St A semi played at Werribee.
What sort of deck will you come up with Phil?
Will it be played on a hard bouncy deck with the 4 quality quicks going hard at it? Big Macca seems to come to life in the last couple of weeks so my suggestion might be a little optimistic......
Your call about St A spending coin is a good one - but I'm not sure to many of the players will think about that on game day.
Not sure why people are writing off either FU or the Valley though? Clearly the best 2 batting sides in the competition surely deserve a little respect????

has a club we respect everyone we come up against , but also we beleive we can beat every club in the comp , i cant comment on fu and valley because we wont play them in the semi , macca is a great bowler and i am sure he will bowl well in the semi , but i am sure our 2 opening bowlers are looking forward to it 2 , both district material and talking to them they cant wait , i am sure the winner of this game will win the big one so it should be a great game ,

phil crea;389937 said:
we know what we need for next year so why not plan in advance, and plus we have the best young players from any club i have seen this year, 200 plus with our bowlers no one would get them

Mate planning for next year is commendable, but there are so many variables to consider backing yourself at this level to win a flag 12 months out is just plain stupid!!! You don't know what grade you will be playing or what opposition sides will be doing with there own lists.
You're probably right - if you post 200 you might beat everyone but as far as I can see you have only done it twice this year, so it's probably not on the cards.

PokaOKane;388938 said:
I agree, your criticism is largely honourable in that it's never directed at indivuals personally etc. And yes, you do give out the odd backhanded compliment, but that's not in question.

I'm drawing to light your belief that they are an "ordinary side which has simply overachieved in a severely weakened NTH A comp". In my opinion this is a team that (although you don't appear to rate or understand the contribution all 11 players make) is sitting atop the ladder in their division and looking ok to give it a good shake come finals. It doesn't make a great deal of sense from here that's all.

You got me, I have been down with the Valley a number of times over the last two seasons filling in space, currently I'm studying abroad so the only VTCA action I get is either through here or mycricket sadly.

Anyway, I'd like to think the finals should be a close tussle. I also think it's good WC have come through the season showing some grit after the slack they've copped around the place throughout- there's still an outside chance of a Nth B GF repeat?

Moonee Valley 3/112 Vs Footscray United 128

Well they keep winning and making a fool outta my comments about 'em, mind you that's not hard to do.

Good on 'em i say , for their sake i hope they clobber FUnited, are in a position to do so, dent united's confidence b4 the semis. Just shows you 3/404 against a bottom side last rnd and 128 all out next week, funny game cricket!

Again have seen many a time a repeat of rnd 11 in the semis and the result reversal. So if these two meet gain in the semis past victories are merely history, you gotta do it all over again.

i guess perrera, raj played? was the mycricket 1X1 team wrongly entered by MValley on friday, if so that's disappointing - pointless really?

160plus;389944 said:
Phil, serious question, is this your first year as coach of WC? did you play there last season?

There is a 16 year old kid that bats top 4 in your twos, good head on his shoulders and has some classy shots (sardi, i think his name was), any reason why he hasnt been blooded into the ones for a couple of games? its not like your batting has been setting the world on fire

nick sardi will be a great bat still 12months away playing his first year on turf, a lot of comments on my batting,lets say stay tuned

phil crea;389596 said:
has a club we respect everyone we come up against , but also we beleive we can beat every club in the comp , i cant comment on fu and valley because we wont play them in the semi , macca is a great bowler and i am sure he will bowl well in the semi , but i am sure our 2 opening bowlers are looking forward to it 2 , both district material and talking to them they cant wait , i am sure the winner of this game will win the big one so it should be a great game ,

Not sure if St Albans should be concerned about this - but I noticed you didn't say anything about the deck Phil?
How has it played this year - and what will it do in the semi?

phil crea;389952 said:
nick sardi will be a great bat still 12months away playing his first year on turf, a lot of comments on my batting,lets say stay tuned

why would i answer a stupid question is this my first year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back