North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Go sainters first year up in the VTCA. Looking forward to meeting and playing against new people. Good luck all for the year.

He who knows best;364424 said:
what was wrong with the same thread that was on here already ?

Yeah, what was wrong.

This site is becoming too congested with threads closing and starting left right n centre.

People who control all this are on the gear i reckon, they r all over the place.

what's wrong with having all NORTH threads as 1?
especially since 5 clubs from last years NORTH A make up the new NORTH grade so blokes especially in both A and NORTH grades know about each others playing stocks since they have been competing against each other for years.

It is to restructure the board in line with what the VTCA have done for this season. That should stop confusion, but your last paragraph is confusing as nobody is stopping anybody posting on either North thread.
I will leave your dig about being on the gear to higher powers.

southern sledge;364436 said:
It is to restructure the board in line with what the VTCA have done for this season. That should stop confusion, but your last paragraph is confusing as nobody is stopping anybody posting on either North thread.
I will leave your dig about being on the gear to higher powers.

Not Jesus, for christ's sake dont' invoke higher powers.
i am a mere mortal here.

If you have a direct line with the divine, plz ask 'em to give you a pill for sense of humor. Senstive soul aren't you fella.

He who knows best;364424 said:
what was wrong with the same thread that was on here already ?

I have to agree totally, now there are 4 hundred different forums to look at. There is a great saying out there "IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"

Simply ridiculous

Canary Yellow;364480 said:
I have to agree totally, now there are 4 hundred different forums to look at. There is a great saying out there "IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"

Simply ridiculous

A slight over exaggeration but then you are prone to hyperbole.

Give it a try (preferably with an open mind) and after a month, if you still don't like it get back to me with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and I'll look into it.

The whole DVCA forum has been pruned back to the bare essentials, namely a thread for all competitions (4) and one for general DVCA chat. It should be easy and clear to navigate. You are welcome to create new threads for anything that doesn't fit into the main topic areas.

borntigerfan;364340 said:
Go sainters first year up in the VTCA. Looking forward to meeting and playing against new people. Good luck all for the year.

considering that there will be three ex churches teams alot of the same faces as well!! I can say our club is looking forward to the challenge!!

Good luck to St Andrews and Altona Roosters in the VTCA, it took guts to make the move as we did and u will enjoy the challenge.

Has anyone seen a fixture for this season? Honestly how hard it be? I wonder if it will be out before October....

2 time with the drought the way it is it is real hard for cricket.
Councils dont want to use to much water, some grounds/wickets need rejuvenation but in this current climate they would rather not.
They keep changing there minds and we know what there like trying to make a desicion..... Clubs should keep presuring them as they are more reactive than proactive....
I wouldn't go bagging your current admin/exec they are ten times better than other comps i'll give u the big tip. If you would like to see fools in full flight go play in the churches then you would understand incompetence....
Some people dont know who good there got it.
The more you get the more you want the nature of the beast.
At the end of the day who cares about the draw you know the teams ur up against what r u going to do with a draw have team meetings and work out stratergies on how to beat ur opponent.
I dont think so.
Good luck for the year.

Any learned VTCA scholars prepared to post the top 5 for NthA & B for up coming season.

Councils dont want to use to much water, some grounds/wickets need rejuvenation but in this current climate they would rather not.
They keep changing there minds and we know what there like trying to make a desicion..... Clubs should keep presuring them as they are more reactive than proactive....
I wouldn't go bagging your current admin/exec they are ten times better than other comps i'll give u the big tip. If you would like to see fools in full flight go play in the churches then you would understand incompetence....
At the end of the day who cares about the draw you know the teams ur up against what r u going to do with a draw have team meetings and work out stratergies on how to beat ur opponent.

Thanks for the advice Coq.

When you've played a game under your "new" regime u might be able to understand where i'm coming from. Some blokes want to plan their lives away from cricket & not having an idea as to what part of Victoria they'll be in makes it a bit hard. I've played in the VTCA for 16 yrs Coq so i think i'm a bit more qualified than ya good self to comment but your entitled an opinion. Trust me Coq the VTCA will be bending over backwards to help the new clubs that have come in & make them feel at home, after rnd 4 u guys will be just another number & gettin screwed like the rest of us. Just a tip Coq, when u get the fixture have a look at it & plan your season - i.e. when you think u can play kids & get away with it, how hard your games after xmas are going to be & where u must be before xmas to have a shot @ the finals. Another reason for reading the fixture when u play against three strong bowling sides in a row to strengthen the batting or vice versa... Knoing where your playing in regards to your away record & if you have a 5-6 or 6-5 home & away draw - all these little things can make a difference. Try it & see or u can go week to week & see how it goes. I know what i'm using & it's worked a couple of times.

BigCoq;364808 said:
I dont think so.
Good luck for the year.

Any learned VTCA scholars prepared to post the top 5 for NthA & B for up coming season.

Very hard to predict this season i rekon. Mnay clubs are not being their usual self when it comes to spruiking their new recruits. So not easy to predict both NTH + NTH A grades.

I'll leave NTH guesses to that thread.

BUT IN NTH A

Obvious selection will be ST Albans MCCAmmond + Dunn possibly will be amongst the best new ball attacks in the entire NTH Division of the VTCA. If they haven't added to their batting then they may still be vulnerable with the bat come big games. BUT should start as Flag Favourites.

Foot united with Jeffrey + heard a rumour they may have 2 srilankan overseas players? If so they should be very disappointed if they don't figure in the finals. Jefferey last two clubs in VTCA clubs didn't get his services for cheap, so anything less than finals will be money wasted for Foot united.

If Moonne Valley have recruited courts + Roach add to that A.Perreria then batting looks good don't know how strong their bowlers are. If they have a decent bowling attack then tehy should challenge for the top 4 as well.

Werribee Cent NTH B premiers, Edrich? will lead 'em well with the ball But don't know about batters + other bowlers?

Cragieburn - they have Portou good addition, apparently they have a good bowling attack so Portou with help them with the bat.

Albion - absolutely no news from them, if they r going in with the same squad as last year then they may have similar year.

Seddon - apparently they are getting 2 Srilankan allrounder who ahve played @ a high level, if so then on their backs they may achieve something & may be the the big improvers B Major + 2 Imports should aleast help 'em win more games than last year.

Taloys lakes - G gones is a quality get for them. They seem like a cocky bunch already but u can't blame 'em for being ambitious. will wait n see how they go.

EK - they did OK towards the end of the season, i think they have lost too many experience unless they can replace those blokes they'll have similar sorta year to 08/09.

Avo - without T Jeffrey + a couple of other senior players retiring they are in for a big fall. Heard only 1/2 of their senior blokes from last year seem keen to play on + not sure if their import is coming. Looks like their 1X1 will be made up of inexperienced youngsters + possibly 2 experinced playes from last year. If so then i am afraid to say they may do well if they can avoid the drop to NTH B.

SO contenders STAlbans,MonneeVallye,Foot UNIted,Werrebie Cent.
In danger of relegation Albion, Avo,Ek , possibly seddon if their imports are duds. ?Taylors lakes, Cragieburn.

So these are my guesses at this early stage, ofcourse these prediction are subject to change once the real stuff starts in 3 weeks+ time

2time;364817 said:

Thanks for the advice Coq.

When you've played a game under your "new" regime u might be able to understand where i'm coming from. Some blokes want to plan their lives away from cricket & not having an idea as to what part of Victoria they'll be in makes it a bit hard. I've played in the VTCA for 16 yrs Coq so i think i'm a bit more qualified than ya good self to comment but your entitled an opinion. Trust me Coq the VTCA will be bending over backwards to help the new clubs that have come in & make them feel at home, after rnd 4 u guys will be just another number & gettin screwed like the rest of us. Just a tip Coq, when u get the fixture have a look at it & plan your season - i.e. when you think u can play kids & get away with it, how hard your games after xmas are going to be & where u must be before xmas to have a shot @ the finals. Another reason for reading the fixture when u play against three strong bowling sides in a row to strengthen the batting or vice versa... Knoing where your playing in regards to your away record & if you have a 5-6 or 6-5 home & away draw - all these little things can make a difference. Try it & see or u can go week to week & see how it goes. I know what i'm using & it's worked a couple of times.

Would love for you to give us a name and a club name, so we can all have a look at your credentials. With advance thinking like that your club has obviously a couple of flags to show for your hard work studying the fixture.
I agree with Coq. Work on the basis that between Oct and Feb, you will play every side in your division. And in the 1st round you will be playing either home or away. Work on that theory and you wont be far off the mark.
As for a tactical analysis of the fixture. Really ?? Are there any sides that are strong enough not to play their full strength side dependent upon round, format or opposition ??!!Surely just play your strongest side every week and win the games you need for finals ??

Good luck for the season. When the fixture is eventually released, I would love to hear your predictions...

hey big coq, welcome to the vtca mate, good luck this year, hopefully you enjoy the season. Ill have a crack at the north b comp

1. cant comment on St. Andrews and Altona Roosters, wish both clubs all the best.

2. Aber park will be around the mark again, not sure if they have recruited any new players but if the old firm of Albers, Pascu, Italiano, Townsend-Booth and Burrowes have solid seasons they will definatly be one of the sides to beat. I know from last season they probably lacked a bowler, Albers and Pascu took most of the wickets, if there able to generate wickets from other bowlers they shd be in for a big year.

3. Jacana will be competitive as per usual, they have always been a great bowling side, batting can sometimes let them down, but there very tough to beat at home, they play the conditions out there very well. Alot will rest on the shoulders of S.Bennett, Siriwardana and Groves.

4. Flemington will reley heavilly on Bastow again, they had a very lean season last year, im sure they will bounce back this season, hopefully there ground is back in use this season, always been a great batting strip. They will also need Congues, Salske and Kinross to have big years.

5.Seabrook were a much improved side early last year with the parslow brothers and funky miller adding some grunt to there side. They fell away a little as the year went on but im expecting them to be very competitive this season, not sure if they have picked up any new players but im sure they will be thereabouts.

6. Aberfeldie have apparently picked up a few players, or so the grapevine says. they have been around for years and im sure they will field a more than competitive side this season.

7. Kingy Bapts are back in, havnt heard any news about them, not sure if they have been able to get Khwaja back there, if they have you cant take them lightly, he is a great all-round cricketer who in the past has kept them in alot of games. Others who need to have big years are Samerzidis and all the batsmen.

In saying all that, here is my top 5

1.Aber Park
2.Jacana
3.Aberfeldie
4.Seabrook
5.Flemington

ROY G BIV;364837 said:
[/B]

Very hard to predict this season i rekon. Mnay clubs are not being their usual self when it comes to spruiking their new recruits. So not easy to predict both NTH + NTH A grades.

BUT IN NTH A

Obvious selection will be ST Albans MCCAmmond + Dunn possibly will be amongst the best new ball attacks in the entire NTH Division of the VTCA. If they haven't added to their batting then they may still be vulnerable with the bat come big games. BUT should start as Flag Favourites.

Foot united with Jeffrey + heard a rumour they may have 2 srilankan overseas players? If so they should be very disappointed if they don't figure in the finals. Jefferey last two clubs in VTCA clubs didn't get his services for cheap, so anything less than finals will be money wasted for Foot united.

If Moonne Valley have recruited courts + Roach add to that A.Perreria then batting looks good don't know how strong their bowlers are. If they have a decent bowling attack then tehy should challenge for the top 4 as well.

Werribee Cent NTH B premiers, Edrich? will lead 'em well with the ball But don't know about batters + other bowlers?

Cragieburn - they have Portou good addition, apparently they have a good bowling attack so Portou with help them with the bat.

Albion - absolutely no news from them, if they r going in with the same squad as last year then they may have similar year.

Seddon - apparently they are getting 2 Srilankan allrounder who ahve played @ a high level, if so then on their backs they may achieve something & may be the the big improvers B Major + 2 Imports should aleast help 'em win more games than last year.

Taloys lakes - G gones is a quality get for them. They seem like a cocky bunch already but u can't blame 'em for being ambitious. will wait n see how they go.

EK - they did OK towards the end of the season, i think they have lost too many experience unless they can replace those blokes they'll have similar sorta year to 08/09.

Avo - without T Jeffrey + a couple of other senior players retiring they are in for a big fall. Heard only 1/2 of their senior blokes from last year seem keen to play on + not sure if their import is coming. Looks like their 1X1 will be made up of inexperienced youngsters + possibly 2 experinced playes from last year. If so then i am afraid to say they may do well if they can avoid the drop to NTH B.

In danger of relegation Albion, Avo,Ek , possibly seddon if their imports are duds. ?Taylors lakes, Cragieburn.

So these are my guesses at this early stage, ofcourse these prediction are subject to change once the real stuff starts in 3 weeks+ time

st.albans by how far the rest are playing for runners up.i heard moonne valley had a p/match on the weekend does anyone no how they went.did there big name pick ups do anything?

202 n.o;364999 said:
st.albans by how far the rest are playing for runners up.i heard moonne valley had a p/match on the weekend does anyone no how they went.did there big name pick ups do anything?

MV went down to Bainsdale with a mix of about 20 players for 2 games, one on turf and one on matting. They went down in both games but everybody had to retire so we all got a bat, but a great weekend had by all.

ROY G BIV;364837 said:
[/B]

BUT IN NTH A

Courts is staying at Greenvale

punter 18;364945 said:
hey big coq, welcome to the vtca mate, good luck this year, hopefully you enjoy the season. Ill have a crack at the north b comp

1. cant comment on St. Andrews and Altona Roosters, wish both clubs all the best.

2. Aber park will be around the mark again, not sure if they have recruited any new players but if the old firm of Albers, Pascu, Italiano, Townsend-Booth and Burrowes have solid seasons they will definatly be one of the sides to beat. I know from last season they probably lacked a bowler, Albers and Pascu took most of the wickets, if there able to generate wickets from other bowlers they shd be in for a big year.

3. Jacana will be competitive as per usual, they have always been a great bowling side, batting can sometimes let them down, but there very tough to beat at home, they play the conditions out there very well. Alot will rest on the shoulders of S.Bennett, Siriwardana and Groves.

4. Flemington will reley heavilly on Bastow again, they had a very lean season last year, im sure they will bounce back this season, hopefully there ground is back in use this season, always been a great batting strip. They will also need Congues, Salske and Kinross to have big years.

5.Seabrook were a much improved side early last year with the parslow brothers and funky miller adding some grunt to there side. They fell away a little as the year went on but im expecting them to be very competitive this season, not sure if they have picked up any new players but im sure they will be thereabouts.

6. Aberfeldie have apparently picked up a few players, or so the grapevine says. they have been around for years and im sure they will field a more than competitive side this season.

7. Kingy Bapts are back in, havnt heard any news about them, not sure if they have been able to get Khwaja back there, if they have you cant take them lightly, he is a great all-round cricketer who in the past has kept them in alot of games. Others who need to have big years are Samerzidis and all the batsmen.

In saying all that, here is my top 5

1.Aber Park
2.Jacana
3.Aberfeldie
4.Seabrook
5.Flemington

Good info/notes Punter sound like ur got ur head around North B...
Can only hope 1 or 2 Church sides can fly under peoples radar and make a name for themselves, much rather be the underdog then the hunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back