North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

punter 18;364945 said:
6. Aberfeldie have apparently picked up a few players, or so the grapevine says. they have been around for years and im sure they will field a more than competitive side this season.

I am of the belief that all their recruiting fell through except for the new Cap/Coach in Ingleton

where are all the Abers boys that were all over this forum over the last 2 years ? can this be confirmed

maybe the club has banned them from being on here ?

they should go ok in Nth B and I would suggest it's the 2 clubs with Aberfeldie in their names who'll fight it out

would be good to see a fixture, weird it's not out yet !! :eek:

[

In saying all that, here is my top 5

1.Aber Park
2.Jacana
3.Aberfeldie
4.Seabrook
5.Flemington[/QUOTE]

I think some form from the hard wickets can be translated to the turf comp so I believe Roosters and St.Andrews could figure in finals by year end. Aber Park probably the favourite with them retaining most of their list. Abers will always be competitive when stepping down a grade and will depend on what newbies they do get across the line. But they'll be around finals.
Jacana may finish similiar to last year. Losing Hudson may be a bigger loss to them than expected as he provided a bit of stability to their very fragile batting. Not sure how Siri will go capt/coaching either. Seabrook I expect to struggle a bit with losing Reber and then obviously Funky. Looks like they may get a couple from Hoppers but still think they may struggle to improve much on last year. Flemington should improve on last year given they will be back on their home ground and should be around finals contention. Kingsville will probably struggle a bit with some good wins but some bad losses as well.
So going out on a limb Id go:

Aber Park 8-6
Roosters 8-6
Aberfeldie 7-7
Flemington 7-7
St.Andrews 7-7
Jacana 6-8
Seabrook 4-10
Kingsville 2-12

Should be a very interesting year snaggle. Would like to see the new sides go well and have a few wins, not sure about the hard wicket form translating onto turf though, it takes some time to adjust. (especially with some of the wickets they will play on this season)

punter 18;365157 said:
Should be a very interesting year snaggle. Would like to see the new sides go well and have a few wins, not sure about the hard wicket form translating onto turf though, it takes some time to adjust. (especially with some of the wickets they will play on this season)

Boys Churches have been on Turf for 5-6 years now we won the first one.
We are used to playing on some real bad & Dangerous tracks so looking forward to some wickets with true bounce.
However due to last years fiasco every one has up and left so they going back to a hard wicket only comp.
The roosters have had two Turf teams in the senior grade for the last 2 years
true seconds got hammerd most times but got so game time into a few youngens and they should push for ones now.
Snagglepuss i think u r way to kind.
is the grape vine telling you something champ.

ROY G BIV;364837 said:
[/B]

Very hard to predict this season i rekon. Mnay clubs are not being their usual self when it comes to spruiking their new recruits. So not easy to predict both NTH + NTH A grades.

I'll leave NTH guesses to that thread.

BUT IN NTH A

Obvious selection will be ST Albans MCCAmmond + Dunn possibly will be amongst the best new ball attacks in the entire NTH Division of the VTCA. If they haven't added to their batting then they may still be vulnerable with the bat come big games. BUT should start as Flag Favourites.

Foot united with Jeffrey + heard a rumour they may have 2 srilankan overseas players? If so they should be very disappointed if they don't figure in the finals. Jefferey last two clubs in VTCA clubs didn't get his services for cheap, so anything less than finals will be money wasted for Foot united.

If Moonne Valley have recruited courts + Roach add to that A.Perreria then batting looks good don't know how strong their bowlers are. If they have a decent bowling attack then tehy should challenge for the top 4 as well.

Werribee Cent NTH B premiers, Edrich? will lead 'em well with the ball But don't know about batters + other bowlers?

Cragieburn - they have Portou good addition, apparently they have a good bowling attack so Portou with help them with the bat.

Albion - absolutely no news from them, if they r going in with the same squad as last year then they may have similar year.

Seddon - apparently they are getting 2 Srilankan allrounder who ahve played @ a high level, if so then on their backs they may achieve something & may be the the big improvers B Major + 2 Imports should aleast help 'em win more games than last year.

Taloys lakes - G gones is a quality get for them. They seem like a cocky bunch already but u can't blame 'em for being ambitious. will wait n see how they go.

EK - they did OK towards the end of the season, i think they have lost too many experience unless they can replace those blokes they'll have similar sorta year to 08/09.

Avo - without T Jeffrey + a couple of other senior players retiring they are in for a big fall. Heard only 1/2 of their senior blokes from last year seem keen to play on + not sure if their import is coming. Looks like their 1X1 will be made up of inexperienced youngsters + possibly 2 experinced playes from last year. If so then i am afraid to say they may do well if they can avoid the drop to NTH B.

SO contenders STAlbans,MonneeVallye,Foot UNIted,Werrebie Cent.
In danger of relegation Albion, Avo,Ek , possibly seddon if their imports are duds. ?Taylors lakes, Cragieburn.

So these are my guesses at this early stage, ofcourse these prediction are subject to change once the real stuff starts in 3 weeks+ time

Thanks Roy! I have been waiting for someone to stick their neck out. We were written off last year. No Dodds Albers no Avo was last years words of wisdom. Anyway we will just play cricket and see what happens who knows we may roll the top team and make our way into GF. Players moving on always creates oppurtunity:)

Agree FUCC should be up there any team with TJ in it hould win Grand Finals and St Albans will always be competitive. The rest are all very proud clubs and will be tough to beat

It's gonna be a very interesting season. And to pick a winner? Well, that's gonna be harder than picking a broken nose with a broken finger.

ROY G BIV;364837 said:
[/B]

Very hard to predict this season i rekon. Mnay clubs are not being their usual self when it comes to spruiking their new recruits. So not easy to predict both NTH + NTH A grades.

I'll leave NTH guesses to that thread.

BUT IN NTH A

Obvious selection will be ST Albans MCCAmmond + Dunn possibly will be amongst the best new ball attacks in the entire NTH Division of the VTCA. If they haven't added to their batting then they may still be vulnerable with the bat come big games. BUT should start as Flag Favourites.

Foot united with Jeffrey + heard a rumour they may have 2 srilankan overseas players? If so they should be very disappointed if they don't figure in the finals. Jefferey last two clubs in VTCA clubs didn't get his services for cheap, so anything less than finals will be money wasted for Foot united.

If Moonne Valley have recruited courts + Roach add to that A.Perreria then batting looks good don't know how strong their bowlers are. If they have a decent bowling attack then tehy should challenge for the top 4 as well.

Werribee Cent NTH B premiers, Edrich? will lead 'em well with the ball But don't know about batters + other bowlers?

Cragieburn - they have Portou good addition, apparently they have a good bowling attack so Portou with help them with the bat.

Albion - absolutely no news from them, if they r going in with the same squad as last year then they may have similar year.

Seddon - apparently they are getting 2 Srilankan allrounder who ahve played @ a high level, if so then on their backs they may achieve something & may be the the big improvers B Major + 2 Imports should aleast help 'em win more games than last year.

Taloys lakes - G gones is a quality get for them. They seem like a cocky bunch already but u can't blame 'em for being ambitious. will wait n see how they go.

EK - they did OK towards the end of the season, i think they have lost too many experience unless they can replace those blokes they'll have similar sorta year to 08/09.

Avo - without T Jeffrey + a couple of other senior players retiring they are in for a big fall. Heard only 1/2 of their senior blokes from last year seem keen to play on + not sure if their import is coming. Looks like their 1X1 will be made up of inexperienced youngsters + possibly 2 experinced playes from last year. If so then i am afraid to say they may do well if they can avoid the drop to NTH B.

SO contenders STAlbans,MonneeVallye,Foot UNIted,Werrebie Cent.
In danger of relegation Albion, Avo,Ek , possibly seddon if their imports are duds. ?Taylors lakes, Cragieburn.

So these are my guesses at this early stage, ofcourse these prediction are subject to change once the real stuff starts in 3 weeks+ time

Well already i have to reasses my guesses for the upcoming season.
Thanks to the bloke who let us all know that Courts is staying put @ gr$$nvale.

i think i was not too wise to rate Moonee Valley + Werrebie so highly.

Only contender i can think of @ this stage are ST Albans + Footscary united may challenge 'em on back of TJ + their 1/2 srilankan imports form + if precce stands up again. Others well put a blanket over most really for other 2 finals spots.

Uncle Windows;365184 said:
Thanks Roy! I have been waiting for someone to stick their neck out. We were written off last year. No Dodds Albers no Avo was last years words of wisdom. Anyway we will just play cricket and see what happens who knows we may roll the top team and make our way into GF. Players moving on always creates oppurtunity:)

Agree FUCC should be up there any team with TJ in it hould win Grand Finals and St Albans will always be competitive. The rest are all very proud clubs and will be tough to beat

UNcle Windows once again nothing personal.
At this time of the year we can only go on what we hear, admittedly u Avo blokes got respect last year given losing quality like albers n M dodds.
You became a very good side but again this year most other clubs seem to be adding quality recruits where as you blokes are losing quality, anyways all the best. Besides St albans the rets could be very even?

2time;364744 said:
Has anyone seen a fixture for this season? Honestly how hard it be? I wonder if it will be out before October....

what a joke the vtca are 2 weeks from the first game and no draw out yet its so hard isn,t it

ROY G BIV;365276 said:
Well already i have to reasses my guesses for the upcoming season.
Thanks to the bloke who let us all know that Courts is staying put @ gr$$nvale.

i think i was not too wise to rate Moonee Valley + Werrebie so highly.

Only contender i can think of @ this stage are ST Albans + Footscary united may challenge 'em on back of TJ + their 1/2 srilankan imports form + if precce stands up again. Others well put a blanket over most really for other 2 finals spots.

they still have roach and the guy from greenvale the bowler not sure of his name and both went well in there p/match

Was just wondering about any sides in nth senior that have got off to good starts in practice matches. Players getting wickets/runs etc in the early part of the season?

We have been having intra club practice matches gives more of the guys a good go.

Hope these fixtures come out soon bit hard to organise things when you don't no if there are any Sunday games.

Don't want to hold a function on a Saturday night before a Sunday game.

How is everyone else going, are the wickets looking good. We played on ours last Sunday came up good after the rain we had Saturday night.

What are people's thought's on start on season, will first week be called off again?

7/564;365988 said:
We have been having intra club practice matches gives more of the guys a good go.

Hope these fixtures come out soon bit hard to organise things when you don't no if there are any Sunday games.

Don't want to hold a function on a Saturday night before a Sunday game.

How is everyone else going, are the wickets looking good. We played on ours last Sunday came up good after the rain we had Saturday night.

What are people's thought's on start on season, will first week be called off again?

Can't recall the last ocassion where the first week wasn't called off. CAN YOU?

Fixtures not coming out is not good though but can understand the challenge the VTCA faced this season due to all the restructuring + a dozen or so grounds being off limits this season. I am guessing again but these vtca folks are not full time/paid employees , so may be we can excuse 'em every now and then. But still it doesn't look good for a strong comp not to have fixtures out 2 weeks before the 1st game.

2006/07 some teams started on the first day. But very rare this happens.

Our wickets should be right to go

7/564;366016 said:
2006/07 some teams started on the first day. But very rare this happens.

Our wickets should be right to go

I don't understand why the VTCA, just does not put the season back a week and make the first game a one day match, this gives clubs a bit of extra time to get their wickets up, as it is the same every year.
This has been raised at the match committee meetings but would appear nothing has happened.

southern sledge;366023 said:
If the VT put it back a week the Councils wouldn't try to get the wickets up and then it would be back another week.

How many clubs have the council do there wickets ? The only one I know of is Spotty. The city of Maribyrnong, doesn't do any.

slow medium;366027 said:
How many clubs have the council do there wickets ? The only one I know of is Spotty. The city of Maribyrnong, doesn't do any.

pretty sure the council stopped doing our deck half way through last season.

Melbourne City Council, Glen Eira mostly are Council. The big problem is getting the Renovations done, if they wern't done before this week with the rain they won't get on for another week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back