North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

milk gone bad;365880 said:
Was just wondering about any sides in nth senior that have got off to good starts in practice matches. Players getting wickets/runs etc in the early part of the season?

Seabrook played Point Cook (WDCA) in a practice match on matting last saturday.
they posted 190-odd in reply to 119 in 35 overs per side, most of the bowlers had about 4-6 over spells and the bats retired at 30-odd. Good hit out by all reports and most of the top order got some good practice.

how are the grounds around the league looking, are we going to be able to start on time providing the weather permits?

beached as;366128 said:
Seen the fixtures, have to say East Keilor will have the toughest draw, playing both St. Albans and FU twice.

I thought the same thing Beached.

At least we should no were we are at. looking forward to the Challenge

slow medium;366020 said:
I don't understand why the VTCA, just does not put the season back a week and make the first game a one day match, this gives clubs a bit of extra time to get their wickets up, as it is the same every year.
This has been raised at the match committee meetings but would appear nothing has happened.

DizzyGillepsie;366034 said:
pretty sure the council stopped doing our deck half way through last season.

Why cant clubs get their wicket up for the 1st game,its always the same week every year??? I dont understand it???:confused:
Im sure if footy is the reason there would have to be enough grounds(VTCA) around that dont have footy played on them, that they could be used in round 1??? Not all grounds have footy clubs that play there do they??

The council have done Spottys wicket for as long as I can remember & they will continue to do so Dizzy....;)

hussler;366132 said:
The council have done Spottys wicket for as long as I can remember & they will continue to do so Dizzy....;)

no dramas, maybe it was just an assumption on my part due to the quality of wicket that was being produced in the latter part of the season.

jacko66;366179 said:
Great wicket at Spotty, if you're a bat or a quicky. Shame it doesn't turn. Give me Youlden any day.

you wont have to bowl on it this year if you're in the 2's mate, we only play eachother once this year and that will be at the fearon according to the fixtures.

Too Old Body Broke;366185 said:
Oh come on Jacko, you just gotta give it a rip mate!!:D

Heard a whisper TOBB, that last yard of pace has gone over the winter and u are now coming over to the good guys, can u confirm u may be Spotty,s no. 1 spinner???????

jika jika;366225 said:
Heard a whisper TOBB, that last yard of pace has gone over the winter and u are now coming over to the good guys, can u confirm u may be Spotty,s no. 1 spinner???????

Mate the yards of pace disappeared years ago. Most, in fact would say that I have been bowling spin for years already. Even Rhino thinks I should bowl with a helmet on!! Speaking of Rhino, soft, playing baseball!!!! Maybe not allowed to play cricket again??:D

beached as;366128 said:
Seen the fixtures, have to say East Keilor will have the toughest draw, playing both St. Albans and FU twice.

I would say east and moonee valley have st.albans wont get beat all year and the valley also have last years grand final side A/H AS THERE SECOND DOUBLE UP GAME bad luck valley

Snagglepuss;365146 said:
[

In saying all that, here is my top 5

1.Aber Park
2.Jacana
3.Aberfeldie
4.Seabrook
5.Flemington

I think some form from the hard wickets can be translated to the turf comp so I believe Roosters and St.Andrews could figure in finals by year end. Aber Park probably the favourite with them retaining most of their list. Abers will always be competitive when stepping down a grade and will depend on what newbies they do get across the line. But they'll be around finals.
Jacana may finish similiar to last year. Losing Hudson may be a bigger loss to them than expected as he provided a bit of stability to their very fragile batting. Not sure how Siri will go capt/coaching either. Seabrook I expect to struggle a bit with losing Reber and then obviously Funky. Looks like they may get a couple from Hoppers but still think they may struggle to improve much on last year. Flemington should improve on last year given they will be back on their home ground and should be around finals contention. Kingsville will probably struggle a bit with some good wins but some bad losses as well.
So going out on a limb Id go:

Aber Park 8-6
Roosters 8-6
Aberfeldie 7-7
Flemington 7-7
St.Andrews 7-7
Jacana 6-8
Seabrook 4-10
Kingsville 2-12[/QUOTE]

After looking at the performances of Roosters & St.Andrews last season i'd say they will be pretty tough to beat this year (although i have no idea how strong the Churches comp is).
They finished 1st and 3rd respectively I think and if they've kept most of their players they'll go well.

Played against abers last year and apart from 1 or 2 players they are a very average side. Batting line up has a few stroke makers, but playing on their deck especially they will struggle to get away with it for too long. Bowling lacks a bit and will struggle to bowl sides out for low totals. Heard Nhyus has left due to travel issues so will struggle to have any impact even in a grade lower

CheeQuee;366321 said:
I think some form from the hard wickets can be translated to the turf comp so I believe Roosters and St.Andrews could figure in finals by year end. Aber Park probably the favourite with them retaining most of their list. Abers will always be competitive when stepping down a grade and will depend on what newbies they do get across the line. But they'll be around finals.
Jacana may finish similiar to last year. Losing Hudson may be a bigger loss to them than expected as he provided a bit of stability to their very fragile batting. Not sure how Siri will go capt/coaching either. Seabrook I expect to struggle a bit with losing Reber and then obviously Funky. Looks like they may get a couple from Hoppers but still think they may struggle to improve much on last year. Flemington should improve on last year given they will be back on their home ground and should be around finals contention. Kingsville will probably struggle a bit with some good wins but some bad losses as well.
So going out on a limb Id go:

Aber Park 8-6
Roosters 8-6
Aberfeldie 7-7
Flemington 7-7
St.Andrews 7-7
Jacana 6-8
Seabrook 4-10
Kingsville 2-12

After looking at the performances of Roosters & St.Andrews last season i'd say they will be pretty tough to beat this year (although i have no idea how strong the Churches comp is).
They finished 1st and 3rd respectively I think and if they've kept most of their players they'll go well.

Jacana i hear had solid hit out in practice match and have added to thier batting, whilst keeping the same bowling attack think will improve on last year

milk gone bad;366327 said:
Played against abers last year and apart from 1 or 2 players they are a very average side. Batting line up has a few stroke makers, but playing on their deck especially they will struggle to get away with it for too long. Bowling lacks a bit and will struggle to bowl sides out for low totals. Heard Nhyus has left due to travel issues so will struggle to have any impact even in a grade lower

Amazing how they have all deserted this forum

Nhyus will be a big loss as the kid can play just mentally goes off the rails

Jingles should make plenty of runs in Nth B and Shannas should get plenty of wickets in that grade too. Without any other recruits (which was different to earlier reports) the comments on their side are on the mark

relying on 2 guys in their late 30's is a tough ask though

Pushpakumara;367092 said:
will we get a start this saturday, any tables ready?

no chance this week, and the 10th will be a problem if the current weather continues, although long term the current rain is great for the tables. Some Councils have already sent letters to clubs advising them that they are not to prepare wickets this week

Nyhus is still playin at abers, they have only lost a couple of kids who have gone on to big and better things. From all reports all others are still there

Dissapointing about the cricket for this weekend but not surprised.

Looks like we will be having a practice match against Aber's this weekend.

Will be good to see how our new blokes go.

Our pom got here on Monday night so looking fwd to see how he go's as well

7/564;367391 said:
Dissapointing about the cricket for this weekend but not surprised.

Looks like we will be having a practice match against Aber's this weekend.

Will be good to see how our new blokes go.

Our pom got here on Monday night so looking fwd to see how he go as well

Who's "we"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back