North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

beached as;371582 said:
Not sure. My club had a crack at him as he knows one of our players quite well in the winter but he said he was going back to Melbourne Uni. Spewing.

What's the players name beached?

Looks like we should get a game this week which is good news.

Tips for this week in NorthA
C/burn to beat Werribee
albion to beat A/Heights
st Albans in a close one against M/Valley prob match of the round
East Keilor just over F/United ( well i'm hoping Pom to have a day out)
seddon over T/lakes

2time;370324 said:
they will be better of with out manning anyway overated big time.M/V had import cuming out also not cuming now like the other got knocked back at imma.jones will bowl 20 to 30 over every week there young kids wont get a look in its all about him.are you kidding me are you saying Barletta will be a missed i dont think so cant play bowls 5th and bats last

Totally agree with the Manning call, ask Suares. Have spoken to few clubs & they are all strugglin with the import situation. Jonesy, quality player but can be quite abrasive in regards to personality. If they can get along with him the club will definately benefit from his presence. Albion will miss Barletta if he has left, bowls a good line & has consistantly taken wickets in the past. Premiership player there from memory & was skipper last season.

Have to agree about Manning, . Perfect example of the club being bigger than the individual and i can only assume it's one of the reasons he is not there anymore.

Jonesy will definately hold back a few youngsters when it comes to the bowling stakes, but i am left with no doubt the young kids will get a good crack at battign up the order if the track is a little wet and dodgy. No doubt Jones will continue to just slip down the order and expose the rest of the club to save his averages.

The Barletta call, I would never want to blow any air in his tyres, the bloke does it enough himself and will tell you every stat known to man, but surely he will be missed down at Albion if in fact he has gone. He isn't on the permits and clearances so who knows. The bloke has basically lead the attack since he was a kid except for when they had quality imports like greenidge and to a lesser extent Brne. You have to remember with this he did go to St.Bernards and become their leading wicket taker in front of blokes like Osborne, James McKay and Snell so not a bad effort.

Can anyone shed any light on why so many players have left Albion, Micallef, Bazaluk, the keeper, no overseas player??

Predictions for the W/E
Cragieburn to easily account for Werribee
St.Albans just over MV although this one could go either way
Albion to beat Avondale
FU to beat EK in a run fest
Taylors Lakes to bounce back and beat Seddon.

Good luck for the weekend boys, looking forward to getting some cricket in for a change

albion have lost about 6 or 7 of their best from last yr, althought they still have M Brne, Kalum and a couple of others.

micallef, bazaluk have retired
Thrush and Jaeger are at St albans
middleton, barletta, plummer???????
cook (keeper) is overseas and Zahra has moved down geelong way apparently.

massive losses to a squad that didnt have great depth last season

looks like a good game in Nth B - Aberfeldie 3/177 and Aber Park 7/176

no scores for Abers in as yet ? maybe Ingleton has made some ? and can be the run making option they have lacked for a number of years ?

anyone at this game and can give us a rundown of what happened ?

He who knows best;372208 said:
looks like a good game in Nth B - Aberfeldie 3/177 and Aber Park 7/176

no scores for Abers in as yet ? maybe Ingleton has made some ? and can be the run making option they have lacked for a number of years ?

anyone at this game and can give us a rundown of what happened ?

Ingleton didnt play. D.Cribbin & S. Outhred made 60 odd each and Nyhus got 37. Shanahan took 4/40 odd as well. Came down to last ball Aber park needed a 6 to win and fell a meter short.

Pump;372209 said:
Ingleton didnt play. D.Cribbin & S. Outhred made 60 odd each and Nyhus got 37. Shanahan took 4/40 odd as well. Came down to last ball Aber park needed a 6 to win and fell a meter short.

Thanks for the quick reply

Cribbin ? never heard of him, is he new ? :confused:
Nyhus getting starts again ! :eek:

good scores against Aber Park's bowling attack, Pascu 1/80 odd off 20overs, they must be limited to options there with Chunky and Pascu being just about all they have ?

Ingleton not playing and they win thats a good sign

He who knows best;372210 said:
Thanks for the quick reply

Cribbin ? never heard of him, is he new ? :confused:
Nyhus getting starts again ! :eek:

good scores against Aber Park's bowling attack, Pascu 1/80 odd off 20overs, they must be limited to options there with Chunky and Pascu being just about all they have ?

Ingleton not playing and they win thats a good sign

yeah cribbin is a young bloke, 19 been in and out of the 1's last few yrs been making some good scores in the 2's second 1/2 last yr. Ingleton should b back this week so hopefully this is a sign of us turning things around

faint nick;371951 said:
albion have lost about 6 or 7 of their best from last yr, althought they still have M Brne, Kalum and a couple of others.

middleton, barletta, plummer???????
cook (keeper) is overseas and Zahra has moved down geelong way apparently.

massive losses to a squad that didnt have great depth last season

Thrush goes to St>Albans probably for good $$$$ and bats 7 and doesnt bowl. They made sure they didnt get another S. Brne. They got someone who does stuff all.

7/564;371838 said:
Looks like we should get a game this week which is good news.

Tips for this week in NorthA
C/burn to beat Werribee
albion to beat A/Heights
st Albans in a close one against M/Valley prob match of the round
East Keilor just over F/United ( well i'm hoping Pom to have a day out)
seddon over T/lakes

well the boys from the valley are 2-0 after playing avondale and st albans they might be a team to watch... on that you wold think werribee would be doing better..

f/united are my tip to take it out this year, avondale to go play in north b.

st albans should be top 2 with east keilor and m/valley to make up the 4.. :cool:

faint nick;371951 said:

middleton, barletta, plummer??????

any ideas on where middleton, barletta and plummer have gone, they can't have just disappeared coud they?

shhhhhhhhhhh;372520 said:
well the boys from the valley are 2-0 after playing avondale and st albans they might be a team to watch... on that you wold think werribee would be doing better..

st albans should be top 2 with east keilor and m/valley to make up the 4.. :cool:

Foots united have no attack at all. A 40 year old took 7 on the weekend and he might struggle in the 2 dayers. The other opening bowler is their wkt keeper and he has not taken a wkt yet. Big reliance on Jeffrey, Preece, Mckay to get 150 between them every week. If they win it the rest of the comp are really bad.

f/united no hope no bowlers the bloke who took 7 is 50 years old and bowls very very slow.st.albans i said at start of the year wont lose a game the valley must be going to be a good side they only have 2 new players from last year roachy and the opening bowler not sure of his name they mit be the dark horse of our cimp dose anyone no much about there players apart from roach.

202 n.o;372633 said:
f/united no hope no bowlers the bloke who took 7 is 50 years old and bowls very very slow.st.albans i said at start of the year wont lose a game the valley must be going to be a good side they only have 2 new players from last year roachy and the opening bowler not sure of his name they mit be the dark horse of our cimp dose anyone no much about there players apart from roach.

ask the valley boys or the guys from aber park and they will all tell you moonee valley was the team to beat in north b...

looking at stats perera is a gun and they relyed on him big time last year maybe adding roach has taken some pessure off him pridham from greenvale was a a grade bowler and aiyappan bats and bowls ok... the rest seem avg ??????? no real superstars but play well as a side..:cool:

I hope you are right.

big game for us this week will prob field of weakest teams ( weddings and races) in one's and two's for the year against C/Burn just hoping the kids stand up this week sick of just losing by a few runs

Raining absolute cats & dogs here in the northern suburbs at the moment. and has been for the last 30mins or so...

202 n.o;372633 said:
Saw the 40yo first hand! bowled some good areas.Apparently never played last year?

a person's age should not dictate whether they are a good or shit player. good on the bloke for taking a bag... at the end of the day someone has to do the job.

DizzyGillepsie;372954 said:
a person's age should not dictate whether they are a good or shit player. good on the bloke for taking a bag... at the end of the day someone has to do the job.

I hear you Dizzy, us old blokes need some respect :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back