North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

BigCoq;384806 said:
Good to play every one at least once now.
it seems were a little way of the mark yet.
Loosing our top 3 bats and opening bowler not the ideal way to take on the vtca b comp.
At least we know what to expect and build from there.
just try to finish off on a positive note in the two dayers.
Good luck to all in the finals.

based on what you have come up against BC who are the teams you believe will go close ? and for what reasons

Canary Yellow;384474 said:
I know it's late but predictions for this week boys?

Werribee to easily account for Seddon who are struggling without Major
Moonee Valley to have the game won by the 13th over against HeightsSt.Albans and East an absolute cracker of a game. St.Albans to bounce back for mine. Will be interesting to see if Moorehouse can get some runs against a quality attack
F Utd in a canter
And Lakes to easily account and end Albions season. The loser definately out of the race for the four I would reckon

A bit harsh there canary. Avondale had Moonee Valley 7/60 odd chasing only 112 for a win. If anything Avondale should've won but talking to old timer's there inexpreince cost 'em 2 weeks in row. First one dayer back were in a position to clean up Albion as well.

On Moonee Valley very fragile batting line up get openers and pererra out and rest should be easy pickings. Can't work ouit how they're on top how bad are the rest?

ROY G BIV;384888 said:
A bit harsh there canary. Avondale had Moonee Valley 7/60 odd chasing only 112 for a win. If anything Avondale should've won but talking to old timer's there inexpreince cost 'em 2 weeks in row. First one dayer back were in a position to clean up Albion as well.

On Moonee Valley very fragile batting line up get openers and pererra out and rest should be easy pickings. Can't work ouit how they're on top how bad are the rest?

It would seem that way, but they have some handy lower order hitters! Put Werribee's bowling attack with there batting line up an you wouldn't lose a game. And yes the rest isnt much chop , look at footscray St.Albans E.K climb up the ladder this year , its only because the gun sides are in North division now. But be sure to see Tullamarine get relegated next year , seriously struggling.

Its crunch time;384932 said:
It would seem that way, but they have some handy lower order hitters! Put Werribee's bowling attack with there batting line up an you wouldn't lose a game. And yes the rest isnt much chop , look at footscray St.Albans E.K climb up the ladder this year , its only because the gun sides are in North division now. But be sure to see Tullamarine get relegated next year , seriously struggling.

I wouldn't call Parkville, Westy or Tullamarine gun sides last season. Solid at best.

Its crunch time;384932 said:

yep ur probably correct there pal.

MValley must be doing something right to be top of the ladder after 8 rounds and CONGRATULATIONS to 'em great effort after coming up from NTH B.

I am not having a go at them, well i dunno i am probably having a dig at the standard of cricket in NTH A1 this year given some of the sides in Finals contention. MValley is just one example, could've used Ekeilor, Funited etc to make the same point, i guess it will take a few years of promotion + relegations to sort this grade out.

But from my perpective it remains the weakest i have ever seen and sadly standard for mine has been on decline for last 3 years or so. In strong NTH A1 of years past some of the frontrunners this year would count 'em selves lucky to have 2 wins by now.
But that's living in the past. The reality is Mvalley top, Funited 2nd and same underneath

Spare a thought for teams on the bottom imagine if we had a strong grade, they think this years tough!

He who knows best;384884 said:
based on what you have come up against BC who are the teams you believe will go close ? and for what reasons

I believe its between Abers and AP.
Jacana need a doggy track to get up good bowlers average bats.
Kingy on their day are more than capable very even side.
Abers are a very experienced side.Good bats.
AP probably the best side so far good bowling attack and solid bats.
Roosters & Seabrook short in both departments.
Flemington dont really know much about em.

2time;384937 said:
I wouldn't call Parkville, Westy or Tullamarine gun sides last season. Solid at best.

mate have u seen westmeadows full strenght side this year, no wonder they are with are a massive show in that grade, put M Butera in that side + a couple of other quality gets and there's your good side.

Admittedly last year they were OK not a gun side but better than most, with a liitle more luck would have made finals 3/4th possie at best. Had no luck last year.

In the new VTCA If as a club you wanna play half decent local cricket NTH A is the place to be. If you wanna mix it with the big spenders Sen Division is your go.

NTH A1 is for clubs to lick their wounds and remember the good old days and NTH B is back to school and start again i am afraid. Over time the off field strength of your club determines where you play.

ROY G BIV;384955 said:
mate have u seen westmeadows full strenght side this year, no wonder they are with are a massive show in that grade, put M Butera in that side + a couple of other quality gets and there's your good side.

Admittedly last year they were OK not a gun side but better than most, with a liitle more luck would have made finals 3/4th possie at best. Had no luck last year.

In the new VTCA If as a club you wanna play half decent local cricket NTH A is the place to be. If you wanna mix it with the big spenders Sen Division is your go.

NTH A1 is for clubs to lick their wounds and remember the good old days and NTH B is back to school and start again i am afraid. Over time the off field strength of your club determines where you play.

I agree to an extent , but A1 isnt too much better then B1 there's some gun cricketer's around in B1 Albers probably the best in B1 and A1, Kwhaja could certainly mix it in A1 as would Pascu and Otoole just to mention a few. A1 not to convincing at all this year, it has dropped in standard massively from last season.

I umpired @ Jacana 12 years ago (They were in North B1).

Billy Goat was still their currator.

Nearly was an outright result in a one day game.
Guzzunders and Gremlins aplenty back then.

Freddy Trueman quote sums it up best
"It's like bowlin fookin doughnuts on a fookin shitheap"

ROY G BIV;384955 said:

I agree to an extent , but A1 isnt too much better then B1 there's some gun cricketer's around in B1 Albers probably the best in B1 and A1, Kwhaja could certainly mix it in A1 as would Pascu and Otoole just to mention a few. A1 not to convincing at all this year, it has dropped in standard massively from last season.

phil crea;383984 said:
gone pretty quiet maybe centrals have a woken could be dangerous 4 other sides lol

where's you main man Edrich.
That bloke can win u a flag on his own if things fall into place for your club.
Noticed he didn't play last week,
what's the name of that other quickie u have form bendigo/ country somewhere?

Open comp this year no standout batting sides, all sides which will feature in the finals are capable of ordinary efforts with the bat.
Wcentral (Edrich) stAlabns(Dunn+Macammond) have flag winners with the ball. Foot UNited have Jeffrey who could single handedly win that side a flag with both bat n ball.

Moonee valley am not still convinced about them? but you can't argue with their results. EK + seddon + taylors lakes OK at best but are fighting for
finals berth - that tells you how much the standard in this grade has slipped since last year.

My early tip Wcentral V StAlbans Grannie that's if they avoid each other in the semi. Centrals a massive chance with EDrich + other bendigo recruit doing the business with the ball and making enough runs to handle struggling St Albans batters.
on relegation battle, well most years this also goes right down to the wire but this season we have Craigieburn+Avondale already odds on to go down with 4 games remaining?

Its crunch time;384959 said:

Look at Aberfeldie got relegated (FINALLY) to NTH B and are not exactly setting the world on fire. SO you are right NTH A1 and NTH B difference is not that great this season. a couple of the names you mentioned would do well in any grade in VTCA.

I reckon Matty Albers mob if they were in NTH A1 this season, they would be up the top 4 somewhere as well.

Looks to me Aber Park have to walk under a ladder or something to mess things up this year, they should go up a grade + who joins 'em from far i still reckon aberfeldie are a chance to make the granny? Know nothing about Jacana or the rest, Flemington used to be OK club but seem to be struggling in B?

NTH B should welcome once mighty Avondale and cragieburn in 2010/2011. I reckon these two may stay in NTH B for a while as well.

ROY G BIV;384048 said:
where's you main man Edrich.
That bloke can win u a flag on his own if things fall into place for your club.
Noticed he didn't play last week,
what's the name of that other quickie u have form bendigo/ country somewhere?

Open comp this year no standout batting sides, all sides which will feature in the finals are capable of ordinary efforts with the bat.
Wcentral (Edrich) stAlabns(Dunn+Macammond) have flag winners with the ball. Foot UNited have Jeffrey who could single handedly win that side a flag with both bat n ball.

Moonee valley am not still convinced about them? but you can't argue with their results. EK + seddon + taylors lakes OK at best but are fighting for
finals berth - that tells you how much the standard in this grade has slipped since last year.

My early tip Wcentral V StAlbans Grannie that's if they avoid each other in the semi. Centrals a massive chance with EDrich + other bendigo recruit doing the business with the ball and making enough runs to handle struggling St Albans batters.
on relegation battle, well most years this also goes right down to the wire but this season we have Craigieburn+Avondale already odds on to go down with 4 games remaining?
yeah i agree it will be pretty tight ,azza was rested last game and darren from bendigo as fitted in well ,we beleive we have the side to go all the way,wade mchall will add a bit of spice to our bowling attack plays his first game this week after living inengland 4 the last 6 years ,things are starting fall into place

ROY G BIV;384962 said:
Look at Aberfeldie got relegated (FINALLY) to NTH B and are not exactly setting the world on fire. SO you are right NTH A1 and NTH B difference is not that great this season. a couple of the names you mentioned would do well in any grade in VTCA.

I reckon Matty Albers mob if they were in NTH A1 this season, they would be up the top 4 somewhere as well.

Looks to me Aber Park have to walk under a ladder or something to mess things up this year, they should go up a grade + who joins 'em from far i still reckon aberfeldie are a chance to make the granny? Know nothing about Jacana or the rest, Flemington used to be OK club but seem to be struggling in B?

NTH B should welcome once mighty Avondale and cragieburn in 2010/2011. I reckon these two may stay in NTH B for a while as well.

Jacana can bowl very well but struggle with the bat there skipper and 1 other fella can bat ok. Aberfeldie dont have any real guns . An yes from what ive heard Avondale should get relegated and Craieburn should of never went up who are they kidding??? they only finished 4th last year.

phil crea;384106 said:
yeah i agree it will be pretty tight ,azza was rested last game and darren from bendigo as fitted in well ,we beleive we have the side to go all the way,wade mchall will add a bit of spice to our bowling attack plays his first game this week after living inengland 4 the last 6 years ,things are starting fall into place

phil do you think you and st albans can both make the finals or are you fighting for the same spot...? :cool: the top 3 teams have a fair head start as far as points go.. m.v should hold down top spot and e.k you would think hold down 2nd. so either you guys or st albans or f.u miss out..

craigieburn finding it tough.. But gotta give the boys credit for jumping at the chance to go up when other clubs knocked it back... Better to live and learn than always wonder 'what if'... They will be better for the experience...having played against them for the better part of 20 years, they are a good club that is run well and a good bunch of blokes to boot..

shhhhhhhhhhh;384141 said:
phil do you think you and st albans can both make the finals or are you fighting for the same spot...? :cool: the top 3 teams have a fair head start as far as points go.. m.v should hold down top spot and e.k you would think hold down 2nd. so either you guys or st albans or f.u miss out..

i beleive we could finish in the top 2 this could surprise people east keilor to miss out final four ,monee valley us ,f united and st albans

BigCoq;384947 said:
I believe its between Abers and AP.
Jacana need a doggy track to get up good bowlers average bats.
Kingy on their day are more than capable very even side.
Abers are a very experienced side.Good bats.
AP probably the best side so far good bowling attack and solid bats.
Roosters & Seabrook short in both departments.
Flemington dont really know much about em.

Some very interesting results over the w/e. After talking to a few of the abers boys they r pretty disappointed in sat results. Especially considering a leg side stumping given not out. From all reports G Semerzidis still falling fwd when bails whipped off at a very important stage of the game (made 19 no won by 5 runs) What do u guys think about when u r at square leg? If they r out give them no matter wat the situation?

shhhhhhhhhhh;384141 said:

East Keilor have a very tough run home. St Albans and Werribee in the next two games will make or break their season. Will their batting( heavily reliant on J.Bell and the Pom) prevail against the two best bowling attacks in the comp? I doubt it. Very very tough for the boys at Overland to even make the finals me thinks.......

Pump;385008 said:
Some very interesting results over the w/e. After talking to a few of the abers boys they r pretty disappointed in sat results. Especially considering a leg side stumping given not out. From all reports G Semerzidis still falling fwd when bails whipped off at a very important stage of the game (made 19 no won by 5 runs) What do u guys think about when u r at square leg? If they r out give them no matter wat the situation?

Thats why we need 2 umpires! There's always dodgy decisions that's cricket, dont really rate Abers no really dangerous players. Best bat Nyhus and he hasnt set the world on fire

Missing Leg;384182 said:
East Keilor have a very tough run home. St Albans and Werribee in the next two games will make or break their season. Will their batting( heavily reliant on J.Bell and the Pom) prevail against the two best bowling attacks in the comp? I doubt it. Very very tough for the boys at Overland to even make the finals me thinks.......

Good point, with that in mind if they do make it then they'll certainly deserve to be there. Their 2 losses to Foot united this year could cost them a finals birth and rightly so. given that it would be hard to swallow for Funited if they miss out and EK make it. Funited probably have an easier run though.

ROY G BIV;384955 said:

That's why i said last season. Westy were a talented side but lost games they should of won. Good luck to them for this year i hope they go close... Fair enough to say that the there are a couple of sides in Nth A that aren't ready yet but they'll be the better for it. With the changes to the divisions the first few years were always going to be like that. Any tips for this round....

Huge weekend in North B with the back to back rounds.

I reckon the Sunday games especially could throw up some interesting results, Alt Roosters, Seabrook & Flemington probably all playing for their seasons.
The top 4 looking to confirm & strengthen their positions.

Pump;385008 said:

Sounds like that was a fair game then

Abers have been in some very close one's this year haven't they

The match was 2nd vs 4th wasn't it, for that reason only there should have been 2 umps

I know it's late but predictions for this week boys?

Werribee to easily account for Seddon who are struggling without Major
Moonee Valley to have the game won by the 13th over against Heights
St.Albans and East an absolute cracker of a game. St.Albans to bounce back for mine. Will be interesting to see if Moorehouse can get some runs against a quality attack
F Utd in a canter
And Lakes to easily account and end Albions season. The loser definately out of the race for the four I would reckon

Its crunch time;385018 said:
Thats why we need 2 umpires! There's always dodgy decisions that's cricket, dont really rate Abers no really dangerous players. Best bat Nyhus and he hasnt set the world on fire

Abers have had a few things happen recently which I believe changes their season around after speaking to my contact down there

young up and comer Hickmott has returned from District Cricket and got 5 wickets against Kingsville
Berzins their best bat from Nth A last season has returned from not playing before Xmas and made 50 odd against Altona
Ingleton has started to get runs as has Nyhus who both made decent scores against Altona

combined the above with their already decent bowling line up with Shanahan and Leece they are very dangerous

note they are the only team to beat Aber Park this year as well so far

CheeQuee;384431 said:
Huge weekend in North B with the back to back rounds.

I reckon the Sunday games especially could throw up some interesting results, Alt Roosters, Seabrook & Flemington probably all playing for their seasons.
The top 4 looking to confirm & strengthen their positions.

Certainly agree with you chee, looking forward to the ladder on Sunday night. Flemington could be the big movers with very winnable games against Seabrook and St Andrews. For Bigcoq and his boys its do or die im afraid, playing Jacana and Aberfeldie in the one weekend will certainly sort out their fortunes.

Do we read into Kingy Bapts game last week against flem?, they have a tough weekend also, playing the other sides in the top four. Lets hope the rain stays away on sunday and Jacana can produce a wicket!

Pump;385008 said:

Happens every game, nothing you can do about it though. Unless the comp provides 2 umps it isn't going to change. The only way you get a decision to go your way is to have the batsman stranded mid pitch & u might be a chance. In games i've played in if the team batting first is honest the other team usually is as well. But if there's a couple of close ones given not out there's going to be drama. Unfortunate but it happens...heard on the weekend most Nth A1 games had one ump & a couple of Nth B games had 2 - how does that work???

Results very predictable in North A on the weekend.

interesting round this weekend with EK V WC a big game, Seddon to beat AH, FU over Albion, St.Albans way to good for Craigieburn and im tipping Taylors Lakes over MV.

Moonee Valley's Square leg embarrassed himself and had to leave the field. He did the team thing though and assisted in getting a win. A shame for the club that prides themselves of having the most members in Australia. Anyway we had them on the ropes and could nt finished the job.

The stats for MV don't lie, they have four bats (72% of the team total runs) and the four all hit the ball in AIR. No surprise, they went out again, caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back