North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

ROY G BIV;385468 said:
East Keilor v Werribee Centrals

Match of the round.
Way better bowling attack WC, EK has more batting depth.
WC should win.
I like WC chances this season, but for mine they need to win this
convincingly to give me more confidence in their flag tilt this year.
right now for the top billing they are grouped together with a few sides.

EK has batting depth for mine but are relying too much on the pom and J bell.
Other blokes in the middle and even late order batters need to give more, they are capable
but time to produce or fininsh outta top 4.

Seddon v Avondale Heights

AH could notch up their 1st win, should’ve won against Albion + MValley the
Last 2 games so 3rd time lucky I reckon. Seddon need major on board, seddon will go into this game as
Favourites. Avondale has the longest tail in the comp when it comes to batting , I reckon it start after no: 4. Difficult to tip ‘em knowing that but I think their couple of senior batters are due.

Albion v Footscray United

Albion has been Foot united’s bogey club, have dished out some thumping loses to Funited in their time.
Even last year when albion was down the bottom they knocked off Funited easy. Bt despite all that I find it difficult to tip ‘em. FUnited to win in a danger games for them. old timer-opening bowler keeps going like an energizer bunny + they have a good batting depth alot of blokes down ot no: 9 can chip in with 30's + preece + jeffrey add some class.

Forget all that i am changing my tip Albion in an Upset.

Craigieburn v St Albans

St Albans Outright. unless portou slogs a hundred.

Moonee Valley v Taylors Lakes

Good game.
If taylors lakes had a better bowling attack they would win easy.
But since that is not the case I tip ‘em in a close one.

TLakes Very solid batters Markham + g gones good contributors this season.

MValley credentials not convinced about them still.

Roy, I do usually enjoy reading your posts, but Albion to beat FU, have you been drinking mate. That game could be all over tomorrow if Albion bat first. They are a rabble

sambo;386365 said:
gotta love some of the responses you get on this site! :) as the bloke that recruited roach to our club, you would think id be more qualified than anyone in reporting the facts.. So here we go again. Roach called skipper after last game before xmas and informed him he was retiring. His reasons were lack of desire and also wanted to spend time coaching his young fella. In the numerous conversations with him from that point he stressed that he had no interest in playing with lara. We are not stupid, we had heard the rumours so we just waited. Then we saw that he had played. So in regards to canaryyellow saying what 'rot' i was just reporting what roachy told us. Not what we believed.. And like i said in previous post we are now looking into what our options are. In vtca you cant come into comp mid season without a clearance from previous club.. Not sure about GCA though.. Awaiting their reply. If he can then so be it. If not we will discuss next point of action...

So what exactly are M/V going to do to him if he has played @ Lara?? If he has played with them whilst committed to the Valley it's poor form & Roachy of all people should know the rules. I can understand the hole bit about playing closer to home & coaching his young fella but maybe he should considered all of this before shopping himself around....

Canary Yellow;385590 said:
Roy, I do usually enjoy reading your posts, but Albion to beat FU, have you been drinking mate. That game could be all over tomorrow if Albion bat first. They are a rabble

going along nicely down werribee way

At this point of time we are just trying to ascertain what the GCA's rules are regarding transferring into their comp from another comp mid season. We have contacted the relevent association administraters and are awaiting their response.. Like I said, if the comp allows mid season transfers without clearances then there is nothing we can do really.. If it is in breach of GCA rules and regulations then our exec committee will decide course of action..

Canary Yellow;385590 said:

Yeah it seems i probably was on somenthing when i entered my tips.

Although i do like to see underdogs get up, tipping Avondale & Albion in the same round was pushing it a tad too much.

As it happens both are getting flogged.

But forget all that EK 53! what's the go there?

sambo;386376 said:
At this point of time we are just trying to ascertain what the GCA's rules are regarding transferring into their comp from another comp mid season. We have contacted the relevent association administraters and are awaiting their response.. Like I said, if the comp allows mid season transfers without clearances then there is nothing we can do really.. If it is in breach of GCA rules and regulations then our exec committee will decide course of action..

If he has played without a clearance it just may not be up to your club to decide the course of action....i would think that Lara would lose any points gained from these games and the player suspended...depending on comp rules and action from the vmcu!

Some interesting results in Nth B

Kingsville implode against Flemington, all out 113 and Flemington 1/57

having lost to Jacana in the previous one day game and winning by a very small margin against Abers are they starting to choke ? as predicted on here they are very thin talent wise and when a couple of their better players struggle they can be shown up

Abers and Aber Park both set decent targets in the finish but appeared to both be in some trouble with Aber Park 7/118 and Abers 8/140 at various stages, sign of decent sides when their bottom orders get them up to 240 and 200 respectively in the end though

Seabrook 2/20 chasing Abers so another close one on the agenda there, while the Roosters need 225 on a quick ground...very gettable if they bat the overs

Jacana seems home against St Andrews

If Abers beat Seabrook then you would think the top 4 is settled based on the current points with only the make up of the Top 4 being left to settle

End of season prediction

Aber Park
Jacana
Abers
Kingsville Baptists (just getting there from Flemington who storm home)

sambo;386376 said:

Sambo

Everything you have written is true and correct. What I find amusing is what you decided to leave out, which is understandable considering your intention is to protect Moonee Valley CC interests.
Once Roachy rec'd his cheque for half the season he called it quits. Yes he was finding it difficult to travel and it was putting him under pressure to spend more time with the kids but he would've seen the season out if he could stand being around the blokes at MVCC. He said there are some great blokes down there but there are some(in the firsts and others who have been at the club for years) that think that they can sit back and judge others like they are above them? In other words, who the hell do these blokes think they are & what have they ever done to think they are above everyone else?
Roachy can rub people up the wrong way at times but he plays the game hard and what you see is what you get, always the first to have a chat and a beer after the days play(maybe you blokes could learn at least that from him)
Anyway, he has gone now, since xmas MVCC have started to show their true colours(cheats, sooks & just shocking blokes) so let's move on.

ROY G BIV;385842 said:
Yeah it seems i probably was on somenthing when i entered my tips.

Although i do like to see underdogs get up, tipping Avondale & Albion in the same round was pushing it a tad too much.

As it happens both are getting flogged.

But forget all that EK 53! what's the go there?

bit in the track ,when u got 2 classy bowlers most sides would have struggled ,must say very impressed by young aerosmith very good bowler and a great kid

Hey boys i play for the roosters just gota say ive really enjoyed playin against all the clubs this year in our new comp its been a good challenge, pitty are imports had to go home for county duties and injuries have hurt us a bit but its been awesome. Hopefully we can knock off a few before the season end.

cutoverslips.. :Everyone is entitled to their opinion so your post is cool.. But everyclub (especially one like ours that has 10 sides) would have a fair spread of goodblokes... Not so good blokes... Blokes that play hard and blokes that dont. Any sports club in australia would be no different. But how often do blokes walk out half way through season and play elsewhere?? Most would see it out. But thats just my opinion..this is not personal against roachy.. Like i said i signed him up and found him to be a ripping bloke.. But ive also got to do the right thing by my club.. Anyway your right in that its time to move on... the vmcu handle it from here...and if they say there is nothing wrong with changing clubs mid season without a clearance then so be it...and ill go back to worrying about the cheats, sooks and sore losers that you claim our club is full of! :).

He who knows best;385854 said:
Some interesting results in Nth B

Kingsville implode against Flemington, all out 113 and Flemington 1/57

having lost to Jacana in the previous one day game and winning by a very small margin against Abers are they starting to choke ? as predicted on here they are very thin talent wise and when a couple of their better players struggle they can be shown up

Abers and Aber Park both set decent targets in the finish but appeared to both be in some trouble with Aber Park 7/118 and Abers 8/140 at various stages, sign of decent sides when their bottom orders get them up to 240 and 200 respectively in the end though

Seabrook 2/20 chasing Abers so another close one on the agenda there, while the Roosters need 225 on a quick ground...very gettable if they bat the overs

Jacana seems home against St Andrews

If Abers beat Seabrook then you would think the top 4 is settled based on the current points with only the make up of the Top 4 being left to settle

End of season prediction

Aber Park
Jacana
Abers
Kingsville Baptists (just getting there from Flemington who storm home)

Couldn't agree anymore,Kingy baps rely on 2 players Levic and Kwhaja. They cant win you games every week. Wouldn't be surprised if they miss out . Good chance it will be Aber park Vs Kingy baps semi final at AP and Jacana Vs Abers at Jacana which would be a great match . Jacana need to play home an get all they can out of there shocking track to make the grand final.

latecut99;385863 said:
Hey boys i play for the roosters just gota say ive really enjoyed playin against all the clubs this year in our new comp its been a good challenge, pitty are imports had to go home for county duties and injuries have hurt us a bit but its been awesome. Hopefully we can knock off a few before the season end.

Which teams do you rate latecut ?

sambo;386276 said:
david informed club game before xmas that he was retiring from playing cricket. He wanted to spend more time coaching his young fella..last week we were advised he played last 2 games with lara c.c. This was done without clearance so we are in process of investigating. Dave retired on good terms so we were suprised with what followed..

Hmmm, 20 Jan you posted "We did make 320 last time but remember that our player that made 165 did not play this time round. He should be back game after next."

He is ripping bloke though - he was cordial during round 1 innings and was very enagaing after semi final loss last year.

i think all the teams have great ability, look we played flemington earlier in the year and shouldve flogged them but to there credit they got up, i didnt rate them but there playin some fantastic cricket now, same with seabrook and the top four are all good. the best thing about this grade to start in is we're mid table and on our day we can beat anyone and the same for all teams. aber park have a good alround side but rely alot on there opening bowlers, abers have good batting side and i think jacana have the best attack even though there opener does have a elbow problem. gonna be a tight final. i think aber park vs kingy and jacana vs abers. ill go a roughy and say abers to beat aber park in the granny but should be a great match. ive played in this comp with altona north earlier in my career and i now like the point system and the relagtaion it keeps it interesting. how many in each grade go up and down at seasons end? is it both grandfinalists or just the winner? the good thing is we'll all get to play at different grounds again and new teams next year. just wanna see my club grow, hopefully we'll have turf on our actual ground next year to go with our awesome new clubrooms. go roosters have a good one.

Opening_Bat;386403 said:
Both are very good bowlers.

I heard there was a bit of bounce in the deck though

when will people get it through there heads centrals is the best side in the comp by a mile

shhhhhhhhhhh;385184 said:
uncle i once played at moonee valley and know a few of the boys, after reading your post i rang one of them and it seems that avondales coach was acting like a bit of a clown all day from the side lines.. is that true

I saw Side SHow Bob but no clown.

There was a gun bat referring to win loss ratio and called us losers just off his teamate at square leg felt it was necessary to assist his team achieve victory.

Hard coaching a young team and not actualy playing. If giving the team support from the boundary trying to get to follow a plan and then getting them over the embarassing decison made by square leg then yes the coach was a clown.

Canary Yellow;386286 said:
What a load of rot, the whole competition knew he left to play for Lara. Retired from the game, WHATEVER. Spare me my reading time on rot

sambo;386365 said:
gotta love some of the responses you get on this site! :) as the bloke that recruited roach to our club, you would think id be more qualified than anyone in reporting the facts.. So here we go again. Roach called skipper after last game before xmas and informed him he was retiring. His reasons were lack of desire and also wanted to spend time coaching his young fella. In the numerous conversations with him from that point he stressed that he had no interest in playing with lara. We are not stupid, we had heard the rumours so we just waited. Then we saw that he had played. So in regards to canaryyellow saying what 'rot' i was just reporting what roachy told us. Not what we believed.. And like i said in previous post we are now looking into what our options are. In vtca you cant come into comp mid season without a clearance from previous club.. Not sure about GCA though.. Awaiting their reply. If he can then so be it. If not we will discuss next point of action...

Uncle Windows;386426 said:
Hmmm, 20 Jan you posted "We did make 320 last time but remember that our player that made 165 did not play this time round. He should be back game after next."

He is ripping bloke though - he was cordial during round 1 innings and was very enagaing after semi final loss last year.

Thanks Uncle, enough said. As previously mentioned Sambo, stop wasting our time with rot. Roach hated it there, no if's, buts or maybe's about it. He was always playing at Lara the second he walked out and now MV are on the hop. Maybe you guys should stop crying over spilt milk and turn your focus back on the top 4 (not 5 anymore) winning you games of cricket.

sambo;385166 said:
thanks for your reply uncle.. Yes your plan worked well.. We did make 320 last time but remember that our player that made 165 did not play this time round. He should be back game after next. Also remember that whilst your plan to catch out our top 4 bats might have worked, your total of 100 was not enough and as most good teams should do, we did enough to win. Its silly to think that coz a side is on top that they will dominate every session of every match. Your team had a very good 10 to 15 over period where we were poor.thats cricket uncle... We ended up with the win though and trust me all the boys know where they went wrong.. As for the square leg incident i dont know anything about it or have been told anything either. But whilst making no excuses ive seen plenty of 'incidents' in 24 years of cricket unfortunately. Always going to happen when there is only 1 umpire mate..

Did you all go out caught again this week, There is at 6 catches taken by TL

canary... You get no arguements here. Its obvious he didnt like it at the valley.. Im not debating that.. Im just saying that i dont think a player can walk out half way through a season and play somewhere else without a clearance..im not here to enter into a slanging match about reasons or excuses.. Or if we knew he was leaving or not... There are things about what happened that in my position i am aware of but will keep in house.. Remember there are always 2 sides to a story... Im not bagging roachy out.. Obviously he had his reasons...Look through my few posts.. Unlike some i have never bagged players, clubs coz i reckon that at some stage it comes back to bite you on the arse.. The basis of all my posts is whether a player can change clubs mid season without a clearance..not whether a club is a good club or poor club.. Whether a bloke enjoyed or didnt enjoy playing at a club... Im sure there are blokes that have played at the valley and hated it... Ive played there 23 years and its my second home.. Probably same as you feel about your club canary...Nothing more and nothing less..

thanks for taking a keen interest in our club uncle... Looking up stats... Formulating plans.... Must mean we are generally doing ok.. Umm sorry champ but who are you with again?? How did you go on the weekend??

cutoverslips46;386381 said:
Sambo

Anyway, he has gone now, since xmas MVCC have started to show their true colours(cheats, sooks & just shocking blokes) so let's move on.

Cutoverslips, we all play teams that we gain opinions on based on nothing more than the few hours we see of them on the field, as somebody who has played over 100 games for the valley how you could say that we are "cheats, sooks & just shocking blokes" strikes a blow through every single one of us. I dont know you and I dont know how well you know our club but you seem to know Roachy, so 1 bloke didnt like the club big deal, there are more than 100 who turn out every week who do and dont have the incentive of money to do so. Our club is not perfect but name one that is. We welcome all players regardless of skill level, race, gender or disability and can give them a game week in week out. There are very few clubs who can boast about that.

Uncle Windows;385922 said:

There was a gun bat referring to win loss ratio and called us losers just off his teamate at square leg felt it was necessary to assist his team achieve victory.

Hard coaching a young team and not actualy playing. If giving the team support from the boundary trying to get to follow a plan and then getting them over the embarassing decison made by square leg then yes the coach was a clown.

come n windows gun bat plz?

on ur team u must be disappointed with ur senior bats they have done nothing all year. u blokes needed them to step up and convert those 20,s and 30's of years gone by into 50's 100's. a couple i see can't buy a run.
if raj from mvalley can get runs surely they can?

from far looks like a long slog in nth b 4 ur club.

well said blazers! Now i gotta try work out who you are:) haha.. So you have played over 100 games hey. Well that narrows it down to 26 current players... Not bad for a club full of sooks , cheats and shocking blokes!:cool: at least unlike some we are happy to name our club for all to see.. See you at 250 club function tomorow night..:)

phil crea;386428 said:
when will people get it through there heads centrals is the best side in the comp by a mile

Here we go again the most biased player in the VTCA , you guy's are going well sitting 4th , you have two gun bowler's an no real star batter's to speak of so hardly enough to boast about. Now Phil your form ??? Hardly contributing ! 131 runs at 13 with the bat an 7 wickets to date. Struggling to keep your spot in the team, give it away Phil your keeping a younger player with a future out of the side and stop talking rabble on here .

Its crunch time;386489 said:
Here we go again the most biased player in the VTCA , you guy's are going well sitting 4th , you have two gun bowler's an no real star batter's to speak of so hardly enough to boast about. Now Phil your form ??? Hardly contributing ! 131 runs at 13 with the bat an 7 wickets to date. Struggling to keep your spot in the team, give it away Phil your keeping a younger player with a future out of the side and stop talking rabble on here .

let me let u in on a secret to sucess , dont rely on a couple of players to win flags thats why we are a good team everyone does there bit , and about my form good players come good when it counts looking forward to finals series when we play real cricket champ ,do i have to keep on giving u cricket lessons lol

phil crea;386509 said:
let me let u in on a secret to sucess , dont rely on a couple of players to win flags thats why we are a good team everyone does there bit , and about my form good players come good when it counts looking forward to finals series when we play real cricket champ ,do i have to keep on giving u cricket lessons lol

hey phil i dont mind your replys always funny to read . now seeing how you guys are the best side in north a1, who are you going to beat in the g/f and who do you think is your main danger ?

one last thing there is alot of talk about the sooks from the valley , you guys played them last year what were they like ? :cool:

shhhhhhhhhhh;386521 said:
hey phil i dont mind your replys always funny to read . now seeing how you guys are the best side in north a1, who are you going to beat in the g/f and who do you think is your main danger ?

one last thing there is alot of talk about the sooks from the valley , you guys played them last year what were they like ? :cool:

st albans ,dont rate m valley same side as last year they wont make grandfinal

Uncle Windows;385922 said:

hey uncle heard your clown of a coach opened the bowling on the weekend....got hit around a bit.?...

phil crea;386569 said:
st albans ,dont rate m valley same side as last year they wont make grandfinal

Phil i don't know who do you think you are?? Doesn't matter who do you play in finals you will struggle to win champ. keep saving yourself for finals as your batters have done stuff all and somewhere down the business end of season they will need to perform and they dont look like doing the job. Keep pumping yourself up.

valley man;386256 said:
hey uncle heard your clown of a coach opened the bowling on the weekend....got hit around a bit.?...

Hey Valley Man

What happened to David Roach? Hasn't played since Xmas, Is he injured or has he left the club(if so what happened, can't imagine it would've been on good terms)? From the results since he left looks like he's left a big hole in that team.

phil crea;386428 said:

Forget looking too far ahead buddy if you don't win against M/ Valley you can kiss your season and best cricket good bye for 2009-2010. St albans is sitting on your head to grab your spot.

david informed club game before xmas that he was retiring from playing cricket. He wanted to spend more time coaching his young fella..last week we were advised he played last 2 games with lara c.c. This was done without clearance so we are in process of investigating. Dave retired on good terms so we were suprised with what followed..

phil crea;386509 said:

champ don't think you guys have cemented a berth for finals don't even dream about taking ur foot of the pedal because one loss will force you to stop writing and posting blogs on this forum.
so keep it going buddy if you lose one it will be good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back