North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

phil crea;386509 said:
let me let u in on a secret to sucess , dont rely on a couple of players to win flags thats why we are a good team everyone does there bit , and about my form good players come good when it counts looking forward to finals series when we play real cricket champ ,do i have to keep on giving u cricket lessons lol

hey phil i dont mind your replys always funny to read . now seeing how you guys are the best side in north a1, who are you going to beat in the g/f and who do you think is your main danger ?

one last thing there is alot of talk about the sooks from the valley , you guys played them last year what were they like ? :cool:

CheeQuee;387031 said:
fair enough boys got that wrong still think AP best team in the comp abers second best. Seabrook one dayer not the same realy is it?

I agree that A/Park are the stand out side in the division at this stage, but they are by no means invincible.
They say that good sides find ways to win and that is true to an extent but unconvincing wins against non-finals bound sides can sow seeds of doubt.

I'm not totally sold on Abers yet, i tend to think that Jacana are the 2nd favourites at the moment. say what you want about their deck and their batting line-up, they still know how to win games.

They played in a GF two seasons ago and would be really disappointed with how last season panned out, compared with Abers who haven't played finals for a long while.

Also, BCoq. I recall you talking up a 40-run loss by Roosters against A/park recently in a one-dayer saying it was a good effort, playing away, against top team etc.... Surely the Seabrook game can't be dismissed so lightly by yourself, or has your view changed over the last few weeks?[/QUOTE]

At the time i thought it was half decent due to the fact we lost our two imports and opening bat (injured)....But this was much better due to the fact it was 240 runs and using some new blokes in new posis to do the job developing a little bit of depth. All about context i suppose Cheeky.
I suppose its a bit like footy a good settled side has a much better chance at success than a side that continually changes stability is gold.

shhhhhhhhhhh;386521 said:
hey phil i dont mind your replys always funny to read . now seeing how you guys are the best side in north a1, who are you going to beat in the g/f and who do you think is your main danger ?

one last thing there is alot of talk about the sooks from the valley , you guys played them last year what were they like ? :cool:

st albans ,dont rate m valley same side as last year they wont make grandfinal

some thoughts on the lineups in the Nth B finals race

took the figures from the Association stats page -

AP have Pascu 201 overs and Albers 175 overs for 38 and 36 wickets each, next is Italiano with 52 overs only. What happens if one is injured in the next few weeks etc. Mammoth reliance on 2 blokes and Albers isn't young

Aberfeldie seem to spread the load with Leece (21 w) Cahir (21 w) and Shannahan (16 w) all up there in the bowling stocks with some smaller parts played by around 4 others who it appears have got bags of 4 or 5 wickets each based on the statistics

Where things go Aber Park's way is the batting, they have 4 guys who have made 250 runs plus while Abers only have 2 that have made more than 170 runs

Jacana's figures are interesting as well - 3 bats who have made 250 runs plus but then only one other having made 100 runs or more (129) with every other player having made less than 60 runs in total, their bowling shows up ok but do you take it with a grain of salt with the deck they've been able to bowl on regularly compared to the other teams ? Bennet the standout with 28 wickets, the Siriwardand 21w and Groves 18w but when a wicket contributes outright results regularly I wouldn't be holding their bowling figures up on too high a pedastal

Kingsville - 4 bats with more than 250 runs then they drop off but nowhere near as bad as Jacana, their bowling is like Abers with 3 steady bowlers Kwaja, Semeridies, Saleem (21, 17 and 17 wickets) and some others contibuting along the way

So in overview it's 2 seemingly even teams (Abers and KP) taking on 2 teams who rely heavily on their stars to get them across the line

Aber Park can't be put off 1st place so they're locked in

Jacana play Altona back at their home ground (looks like they're allowed to play there again ??) so you would think they'll win and an outright could be on the cards....which should see them get enough points to stay 2nd seeing they're 8 clear of 3rd now

With KP and Abers playing this weekend for 3rd spot (Abers currently less than 2 pts ahead of KP)

Interesting to see which teams want to play where

Would you want to finish 4th and play AP on a decent wicket (note Abers beat them there earlier in the year) or would you want to finish 3rd and play Jacana on a deck which in reality could go down to who wins the toss and bowls first

great to see some different scenarios all coming into being

phil crea;386569 said:

Phil i don't know who do you think you are?? Doesn't matter who do you play in finals you will struggle to win champ. keep saving yourself for finals as your batters have done stuff all and somewhere down the business end of season they will need to perform and they dont look like doing the job. Keep pumping yourself up.

He who knows best;387046 said:
some thoughts on the lineups in the Nth B finals race

took the figures from the Association stats page -

AP have Pascu 201 overs and Albers 175 overs for 38 and 36 wickets each, next is Italiano with 52 overs only. What happens if one is injured in the next few weeks etc. Mammoth reliance on 2 blokes and Albers isn't young

Aberfeldie seem to spread the load with Leece (21 w) Cahir (21 w) and Shannahan (16 w) all up there in the bowling stocks with some smaller parts played by around 4 others who it appears have got bags of 4 or 5 wickets each based on the statistics

Where things go Aber Park's way is the batting, they have 4 guys who have made 250 runs plus while Abers only have 2 that have made more than 170 runs

Jacana's figures are interesting as well - 3 bats who have made 250 runs plus but then only one other having made 100 runs or more (129) with every other player having made less than 60 runs in total, their bowling shows up ok but do you take it with a grain of salt with the deck they've been able to bowl on regularly compared to the other teams ? Bennet the standout with 28 wickets, the Siriwardand 21w and Groves 18w but when a wicket contributes outright results regularly I wouldn't be holding their bowling figures up on too high a pedastal

Kingsville - 4 bats with more than 250 runs then they drop off but nowhere near as bad as Jacana, their bowling is like Abers with 3 steady bowlers Kwaja, Semeridies, Saleem (21, 17 and 17 wickets) and some others contibuting along the way

So in overview it's 2 seemingly even teams (Abers and KP) taking on 2 teams who rely heavily on their stars to get them across the line

Aber Park can't be put off 1st place so they're locked in

Jacana play Altona back at their home ground (looks like they're allowed to play there again ??) so you would think they'll win and an outright could be on the cards....which should see them get enough points to stay 2nd seeing they're 8 clear of 3rd now

With KP and Abers playing this weekend for 3rd spot (Abers currently less than 2 pts ahead of KP)

Interesting to see which teams want to play where

Would you want to finish 4th and play AP on a decent wicket (note Abers beat them there earlier in the year) or would you want to finish 3rd and play Jacana on a deck which in reality could go down to who wins the toss and bowls first

great to see some different scenarios all coming into being

Great run-down HWKB.

I think Kingy Baps would prefer to play Jacana at Jacana in the semi-final then try and out-bowl them in a low scoring game. Although they've had major problems with their wicket this season, it's also a big ground and often lush which makes run scoring difficult. If they managed to restrict Siriwardana to a low score then they'd be right in the ball game.

I couldn't see Kingy beating Aber Park.

And I reckon Aberfeldie wouldn't really mind who they played in the semi, although playing on Aber Park's ground probably suits them more. On the flip side if they met Aber Park in the GF being the only team to previously knock them off that would give them real self-belief.

Massive game between Abers & KB this Round.

Jacana aren't safe & sound in 2nd yet either, although I'd back them to beat Roosters this round I don't think it will be an outright result.

Your thoughts HWKB?

phil crea;386428 said:
when will people get it through there heads centrals is the best side in the comp by a mile

Forget looking too far ahead buddy if you don't win against M/ Valley you can kiss your season and best cricket good bye for 2009-2010. St albans is sitting on your head to grab your spot.

cutoverslips46;386261 said:
Hey Valley Man

What happened to David Roach? Hasn't played since Xmas, Is he injured or has he left the club(if so what happened, can't imagine it would've been on good terms)? From the results since he left looks like he's left a big hole in that team.

They have not lost a game since xmas i think...I'll stand to be corrected though.. And since his barnstorming 160 odd in the first game he made about 40 odd runs in six games..
Quality bat but looking at statistics one can hardly say he has left a "big hole"!!!

phil crea;386509 said:
let me let u in on a secret to sucess , dont rely on a couple of players to win flags thats why we are a good team everyone does there bit , and about my form good players come good when it counts looking forward to finals series when we play real cricket champ ,do i have to keep on giving u cricket lessons lol

champ don't think you guys have cemented a berth for finals don't even dream about taking ur foot of the pedal because one loss will force you to stop writing and posting blogs on this forum.
so keep it going buddy if you lose one it will be good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CheeQuee;387055 said:
Great run-down HWKB.

I think Kingy Baps would prefer to play Jacana at Jacana in the semi-final then try and out-bowl them in a low scoring game. Although they've had major problems with their wicket this season, it's also a big ground and often lush which makes run scoring difficult. If they managed to restrict Siriwardana to a low score then they'd be right in the ball game.

I couldn't see Kingy beating Aber Park.

And I reckon Aberfeldie wouldn't really mind who they played in the semi, although playing on Aber Park's ground probably suits them more. On the flip side if they met Aber Park in the GF being the only team to previously knock them off that would give them real self-belief.

Massive game between Abers & KB this Round.

Jacana aren't safe & sound in 2nd yet either, although I'd back them to beat Roosters this round I don't think it will be an outright result.

Your thoughts HWKB?

Good evaluation Cheeque

Kingy Baps not a strong team really rely's on Kwhaja and Levic to much really cant see them making the granny no matter who they get in the semi il tip Abers this week . They simply dont have the bowler's to dominate a side.

Aberfeldie, thing's are looking up . Got a young bowler back who has take a few fair wicket's . Batting line up is a little brittle but can get the job done at times . Surprised if they dont finish 3rd.

Jacana have been flying , yes they have a dodgy deck to play on but couple of import's have been playing well not just the skipper , Bennett and Groves doing the job for them. Big chance for the flag if everything goes well.

Aber Park even team although Pascu and Albers bowls plenty of over's as they should because there the 2best in the comp. But have some handy bowler's and batter's to back them up. Only losing in a 1dayer by a run.

softcricketer;386615 said:
Phil i don't know who do you think you are?? Doesn't matter who do you play in finals you will struggle to win champ. keep saving yourself for finals as your batters have done stuff all and somewhere down the business end of season they will need to perform and they dont look like doing the job. Keep pumping yourself up.

softcricketer;386616 said:
Forget looking too far ahead buddy if you don't win against M/ Valley you can kiss your season and best cricket good bye for 2009-2010. St albans is sitting on your head to grab your spot.

softcricketer;386622 said:
champ don't think you guys have cemented a berth for finals don't even dream about taking ur foot of the pedal because one loss will force you to stop writing and posting blogs on this forum.
so keep it going buddy if you lose one it will be good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Christ on a bike - you seem to have a slightly unhealthy obsession going on here. Granted, you may not like Crea or the club he plays for but come on, let it go. It's beginning to stray into trolling territory.

Its crunch time;386905 said:
My stat's ??? Haha ive made nearly 300 more runs then him so i think ive got him covered there . Anything else you want to know ???
yeah premerships and your finals average where u are remembered 4 not home games and let me tell u good bats make 500 plus during the year almost 300 well u are a lengend lol

phil crea;386569 said:

good call they really dont have the bats .. now that roach has gone only adds to that.. i see a w/c flag there for u back to back pretty rare.. :cool:

phil crea;387171 said:
yeah premerships and your finals average where u are remembered 4 not home games and let me tell u good bats make 500 plus during the year almost 300 well u are a lengend lol

Phil, please get somebody to go over your posts, they lack punctuation and are sometimes hard to follow. The one thing I did follow is the big game you keep talking about being remembered for finals. Your last 4 Grand Final digs have been 0, 12, 37 and 26 at an average of 18.75. Hardly worth remembering I would have thought.

Please don't consider yourself a finals player, you've been carried by Jury, Chugg, the Comensolis and the like for many years based on your GRAND FINAL stats.

Now I look forward to your peanut retort, which no doubt will end up in a lol or something along those lines.

shhhhhhhhhhh;386625 said:
good call they really dont have the bats .. now that roach has gone only adds to that.. i see a w/c flag there for u back to back pretty rare.. :cool:

u seriously think W/c will win flag??

Wallop;387173 said:
Phil, please get somebody to go over your posts, they lack punctuation and are sometimes hard to follow. The one thing I did follow is the big game you keep talking about being remembered for finals. Your last 4 Grand Final digs have been 0, 12, 37 and 26 at an average of 18.75. Hardly worth remembering I would have thought.

Please don't consider yourself a finals player, you've been carried by Jury, Chugg, the Comensolis and the like for many years based on your GRAND FINAL stats.

Now I look forward to your peanut retort, which no doubt will end up in a lol or something along those lines.

good call wallop lol, i used to be good but i am sure if u go over all grandfinals averaging about 70 not bad for a spaso ,but anyway i love winning flags and then might be a few at centrals this year how is your club going wallop

phil crea;386509 said:

haha righto Phil, i will wait and see !!!!! great bowloing side but a C2 batting team with u maybe a solid 6th's bat at best so good luck you'll need it has been

phil crea;387190 said:
good call wallop lol, i used to be good but i am sure if u go over all grandfinals averaging about 70 not bad for a spaso ,but anyway i love winning flags and then might be a few at centrals this year how is your club going wallop

Average of about 70 in Grannies aint bad...

I did a bit of research & the stats that were available to 04/05 season when u were @ GU in Grand finals read like this:

Willy Comp A Grade
06/07 37 out 1 out
05/06 12 out 23 out
04/05 0 out
VTCA B1
08/09 26 out

By my math’s that works out to be a total of 99 runs divided by 6 = 16.5

Now if I’m wrong I’m happy to admit it but that is a LONG way away from "about 70" but who's counting. Maybe you should apply the use of a calculator or abacus to your working out. Add this to your spell check function on your Commodore 64 & you'll be flying champ..... By the way Phil when did you "used to be good" so we can have a look at those stats. You've been wrong on most things you've gotta be due to be right on something you've rambled on about, lol.

2time;387206 said:
Average of about 70 in Grannies aint bad...

I did a bit of research & the stats that were available to 04/05 season when u were @ GU in Grand finals read like this:

Willy Comp A Grade
06/07 37 out 1 out
05/06 12 out 23 out
04/05 0 out
VTCA B1
08/09 26 out

By my math’s that works out to be a total of 99 runs divided by 6 = 16.5

Now if I’m wrong I’m happy to admit it but that is a LONG way away from "about 70" but who's counting. Maybe you should apply the use of a calculator or abacus to your working out. Add this to your spell check function on your Commodore 64 & you'll be flying champ..... By the way Phil when did you "used to be good" so we can have a look at those stats. You've been wrong on most things you've gotta be due to be right on something you've rambled on about, lol.
u might have missed a few champ 112 at ken 137 notout against colts and 80 against cys ,but who cares when i have another medallion around my neck this year ,that will make it 9 but whos counting , anything else 3rds player

shhhhhhhhhhh;386625 said:

i am pretty sure the club as never done it before ,so it would be good to see history made down there the boys are pretty switched on

phil crea;387218 said:
u might have missed a few champ 112 at ken 137 notout against colts and 80 against cys ,but who cares when i have another medallion around my neck this year ,that will make it 9 but whos counting , anything else 3rds player

such a bore reading all this crapola back and forth

waste of time logging on here when 80% of the posts revolve around a certain player and club

wake us up when it's finished being discussed and we might bother to look back in here

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Its crunch time;386637 said:
haha righto Phil, i will wait and see !!!!! great bowloing side but a C2 batting team with u maybe a solid 6th's bat at best so good luck you'll need it has been

cmon cruch time c 2 batting side i thought at least a c1 side lol

phil crea;387218 said:

As i said with the stats that are available that's what i came up with. If that's the case it still doesn't equal "about 70" more like mid fifties if they are correct. Your obviously counting Phil so out of the "9" you've contributed in 3, congrats mate. What's wrong with 3rd's cricket??? I've seen the Willy comp & Nth B there isnt alot of difference with the 3rds.... lol...... Do something if you make this one & alot of people including me will stand corrected.

mas cambios;386623 said:
Christ on a bike - you seem to have a slightly unhealthy obsession going on here. Granted, you may not like Crea or the club he plays for but come on, let it go. It's beginning to stray into trolling territory.

all good max i love listening to people with no cricket knowledge lol

phil crea;387171 said:

If you read properly Phil ive made nearly 300 MORE THEN YOU !!! And hopeless finals average . You keep making yourself look like a fool Phil. 2s 4u next year !!!

softcricketer;386615 said:

just telling u how it is ,we are the best side in the comp, if u do recall told u 12 weeks ago and thats the scary thing our bats havent clicked wait till they do scary thought lol

ive got an idea... Im going to post.. Wait for it... Some cricket talk!!! Yes all those tools who gloat over past glories and bag other blokes and clubs will be disapointed... Lol anyway lets rate the finals chances in north a... MOONEE VALLEY clear on top, lost 1 game, 3 bowlers in top 10 or so and 2 of top 5 bats. List been together for last 3 or so years and play as a team.. Have got out of some sticky situations of late. FOOTSCRAY UNITED going about their business quietly.. Skipper doing well vital for them. Good all round side. WERRIBEE CENTRALS good bowling attack but bats not their strong point. Big on the talk.. If they back up then great. If not then id be one very unhapp pres down there for all the chat that comes out. However big chance. St ALBANS pre season talk of going undefeated. Lots of players with big reps but need to put it together as A TEAM. My prediction is a valley and st albans granny...

softcricketer;386628 said:
u seriously think W/c will win flag??

I think they are a big show best opening bowling attack in the comp.

Time will tell only 2 games left, some big one's coming up over last 2 rounds which will sort out who plays who.

Its crunch time;387068 said:
Good evaluation Cheeque

Kingy Baps not a strong team really rely's on Kwhaja and Levic to much really cant see them making the granny no matter who they get in the semi il tip Abers this week . They simply dont have the bowler's to dominate a side.

Aberfeldie, thing's are looking up . Got a young bowler back who has take a few fair wicket's . Batting line up is a little brittle but can get the job done at times . Surprised if they dont finish 3rd.

Jacana have been flying , yes they have a dodgy deck to play on but couple of import's have been playing well not just the skipper , Bennett and Groves doing the job for them. Big chance for the flag if everything goes well.

Aber Park even team although Pascu and Albers bowls plenty of over's as they should because there the 2best in the comp. But have some handy bowler's and batter's to back them up. Only losing in a 1dayer by a run.

Hello Chaps, long time fan of the forum and player within the vtca...
Some good calls on B1 from all blokes..
Heres my view...
A/Park- Rely on Albers and Pascu too much(rumour has it he is injured out of the weekends win, any1 shed some light?
Jacana- Plenty of talent with the young Sri-lankans and Bennett.. Could be a big shot, but dont thnk they have the ticker.
K/Baps-No chance with Kwaja being the only genuine player.. KLevic is overrated..
Abers-No players other than Nyus that tare the game apart. But on there day still have a massvie shot..
A/Park/Aber GF... With A/P taking home the silverware.

Its crunch time;386637 said:

W/C batting is there weakness, yet i think its still good enough to win the premiership... C2 is going a little far.
Cachia is hitting them very well, 307 @ 51 and Parslow aint going to bad, 216 @ 30. All there other bats are average but they chip in when needed. Clearly on the back of Big ED and Cluts there batting should just be good enough to get them the premiership. I think phil currently has the winning formula...Should be very dissapointed if they don't at least play in the GF and win it.

I heard a rumour W/C may be appealing to the VTCA about the split points decision against Taylors Lakes. Can anybody spread light on this rumour??? Phil...?

WC probably are best chance to win it on the back of Edrick and Clutton. You've gotta remember the Nth A comp is really only a souped up version of Nth B of recent years so they should be a real chance to make it 2 in 2 years. The fact MV are going so well is the perfect case in point with really only Pridham as the addition to last years side. I tend to agree with previous poster that WC v St.Albans are the most likely GFinalists.
Nth B looks pretty much settled now even though Kingsville are staggering to the line having only won 1 of 4 since Xmas and favoured to lose their last 2 against higher placed opposition. Rolled by Flemington on the weekend and I see Khwaja didnt play either. They need him back or they are just an average outfit.
Did Altona Roosters choke it up on Sat? 4-197 chasing 240 with plenty of overs left against Aber Park and theyve been rolled 5 short. Shows the strength of Aber Park I think for them to fight through and win even if they do rely on Albers and Pascu so much. Even Leo chipped in for a few wickets?

freehit;387284 said:
I heard a rumour W/C may be appealing to the VTCA about the split points decision against Taylors Lakes. Can anybody spread light on this rumour??? Phil...?

They did last night and lost.

Its crunch time;386489 said:
Here we go again the most biased player in the VTCA , you guy's are going well sitting 4th , you have two gun bowler's an no real star batter's to speak of so hardly enough to boast about. Now Phil your form ??? Hardly contributing ! 131 runs at 13 with the bat an 7 wickets to date. Struggling to keep your spot in the team, give it away Phil your keeping a younger player with a future out of the side and stop talking rabble on here .

crunch time what are your stats mate before you have a go at someone else ok mate...

phil crea;387190 said:

My club is going alright thanks Phil. We are on the brink of playing finals yet again just need to bring home the chocolates in one of our last two games. Sadly I won't get the chance to play you blokes this year as I don't play down in North A with you park cricketers, well not anymore anyway.

In other news, any chance Phil will be the first human being in history to be banned from big cricket and facebook at the same time? Just putting it out there.

Search Phil and you'll see what I mean, lol

anyone know the state of Jacana's pitch and what's going on with their games from here on in as yet ? has there been a ruling ?

TOP 4 can't change in Nth B can it ?

think only the make up of 2nd-4th can change

they're too many points in front of 5th by the looks of it

Wallop;387314 said:
My club is going alright thanks Phil. We are on the brink of playing finals yet again just need to bring home the chocolates in one of our last two games. Sadly I won't get the chance to play you blokes this year as I don't play down in North A with you park cricketers, well not anymore anyway.

In other news, any chance Phil will be the first human being in history to be banned from big cricket and facebook at the same time? Just putting it out there.

Your my hero............:eek::eek:

still hurting;386875 said:
crunch time what are your stats mate before you have a go at someone else ok mate...

My stat's ??? Haha ive made nearly 300 more runs then him so i think ive got him covered there . Anything else you want to know ???

Wallop;387314 said:

Mate with that comment u r as modest as phil.
U r prorbaly as prone to exaggeration as the old fella too.

Unless you play firstclass cricket, we all are park cricketers of one kind or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back