North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

parkcricketer;389619 said:
Not sure if St Albans should be concerned about this - but I noticed you didn't say anything about the deck Phil?
How has it played this year - and what will it do in the semi?

spinners track

phil crea;389952 said:
nick sardi will be a great bat still 12months away playing his first year on turf, a lot of comments on my batting,lets say stay tuned

Phil, Please indicate where I made a comment on YOUR battting... I dont really wanna get into a slag fest with you, but lets just say its not all about YOU

The reason I mentioned Sardi was that he showed a lot of ticker, especially for a 16 year old, in fact I passed on his name to my contact at a district club as a player to seriously look at...

As for the question about your coaching position, the question was: Is this your first year at WC as coach... not is this your first season ever coach. This is my first season in the VTCA, my first since overcoming a long term injury, and my first on turf since I returned from playing in the UK 4 years ago. Bar the tripe you write on the forum, I wouldnt know you from a bar of soap. Hence the question.

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people (no doubt you will read that as me calling you stupid).

Games pretty much going to plan in Nth B this weekend.

Flemington won't be able to beat St Andrews outright you wouldn't think so Kingy Baps should be safe in 4th, despite getting hit for nearly 350 at home by Jacana. The skipper got 190* there too. Good time to hit your straps.

Good tune up for Aberfeldie too with a whole day batting against the Roosters.

Top spot still not decided if Jacana can run through Kingy pretty quickly next Saturday they might chuck them back in to have a go at the outright. The difference between playing Aberfeldie and Kingy Baps in the semi final would be massive.

160plus;389958 said:
Phil, Please indicate where I made a comment on YOUR battting... I dont really wanna get into a slag fest with you, but lets just say its not all about YOU

The reason I mentioned Sardi was that he showed a lot of ticker, especially for a 16 year old, in fact I passed on his name to my contact at a district club as a player to seriously look at...

As for the question about your coaching position, the question was: Is this your first year at WC as coach... not is this your first season ever coach. This is my first season in the VTCA, my first since overcoming a long term injury, and my first on turf since I returned from playing in the UK 4 years ago. Bar the tripe you write on the forum, I wouldnt know you from a bar of soap. Hence the question.

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people (no doubt you will read that as me calling you stupid).
we encourage our kids to go to district nick and sam are going to footscray next year, is talking the truth tripe , then i am

Attention all cricketers looking to wind up the season on a big note come down to the Roosters if ur interested in free beer for 4-5 hours getting fed through out the day and possibly winning 4k were happy to have u spend the day with us bring ur 50 bucks gets a mate in as well theres only 200 tkts last man standing gets the Chocalates give away prises thru out the day as well always a Good Big day.
We are in 5th avenue Altona North brand new club room.Starts at 12noon 28th of February.
Hope to see some new faces down there.:D
Yes members from other clubs have won in the past!

VTCA are looking to reduce the player points down from 54 to 48 next season. Fair to say there were quite a few clubs not happy with that last night. (It's not rocket science to work out which clubs they would be).
Other proposed changes included changing the finals to a double chance first up final of 1v2 (Winner to GF, loser to play winner of 3v4) and knockout 3v4.
It's fair to say the draw will be looked at again especially in Nth B where you play the same team twice b4 Xmas. More likely to spread that out over the season. Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

phil crea;389961 said:
we encourage our kids to go to district nick and sam are going to footscray next year, is talking the truth tripe , then i am

I respect clubs that push their players to district, a lot dont. It was a member of Footscray that I emailed, I wish Nick all the best, good kid and can bat.

Snagglepuss;389830 said:
VTCA are looking to reduce the player points down from 54 to 48 next season. Fair to say there were quite a few clubs not happy with that last night. (It's not rocket science to work out which clubs they would be).
Other proposed changes included changing the finals to a double chance first up final of 1v2 (Winner to GF, loser to play winner of 3v4) and knockout 3v4.
It's fair to say the draw will be looked at again especially in Nth B where you play the same team twice b4 Xmas. More likely to spread that out over the season. Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

wont affect our club ,if it is 48 points we still have 20 points to play with,again i state my case money doesnt buy premerships but blokes who are pretty tight and work for each other

160plus;389964 said:
I respect clubs that push their players to district, a lot dont. It was a member of Footscray that I emailed, I wish Nick all the best, good kid and can bat.
is a great kid i am sure he will go a long way , as coach i am very lucky to have a very strong young list, i am sure we can be a stong club for the next 10 years

160plus;389946 said:
Any Craigiburn or Avendale Hieghts readers out there?

I know its not first 11 talk, but is the result between your 2nd 11, is that final, or is there a second day to be played?

If there is a 2nd day, why is it showing Compulsary Closure (CC).

Cheers

Dunno what happend there, by the looks of it they decided to make it a one dayer - not sure if that came from both clubs or was it instructed by VTCA?

Strange? never seen that b4, a Rnd 11 2 dayer should be a 2 dayer doesn't matter where both teams are on the ladder

What Phillip has done for centrals should be congratulated,

BUT, the worse thing that could happen for the club is to move up another grade in VTCA because there bowlers can only carry this club so far, and with an under achieving batting line up which they currently have (with exception to young d.cachia) they would be left to dry in North Division.

Phil don't bother replying with me saying I have no cricketing knowledge as based on most of your posts replies that seems to be your only self defense, which is rich coming from someone whose spelling mistakes clearly indicate your are greatly under-educated.

ROY G BIV;389972 said:
Dunno what happend there, by the looks of it they decided to make it a one dayer - not sure if that came from both clubs or was it instructed by VTCA?

Strange? never seen that b4, a Rnd 11 2 dayer should be a 2 dayer doesn't matter where both teams are on the ladder

Pretty sure C/Burn ground was unavailable this weekend. Thats why they played a one day game

Whats everyone thoughts only Champion player of the North A1.

Personally it would be hard to look past Foostcray U's Adam Preece who has come up very big in past weeks.

ROY G BIV;389972 said:

It is, my first thought was a "Sporting Declaration". I have no issue of this if it is the case, whilst it could be seen as contrived, the two teams batted for 40 overs. What throws me off is the CC tagged on each innings.

Once again, I know its twos cricket, but its super tight in North A2, with only three certainties, WC are top, and FU and AH cant make it. something like 4ish points seperate 2nd and 8th. Great for cricket and means all the games have something to play for.

Out of interest, to stop clubs contriving results (not saying it happens, but can do) why dont they make the last round a one dayer? a bit like the EPL where all sides play on the Sat.

My other suggestion would be for the VTCA to schedule a one dayer over the aussie day long weekend, I know ourselves and a number of teams have players unavailible that weekend, but avail the next, some sides really struggled to field full teams

Fariq;389889 said:
What Phillip has done for centrals should be congratulated,

BUT, the worse thing that could happen for the club is to move up another grade in VTCA because there bowlers can only carry this club so far, and with an under achieving batting line up which they currently have (with exception to young d.cachia) they would be left to dry in North Division.

Phil don't bother replying with me saying I have no cricketing knowledge as based on most of your posts replies that seems to be your only self defense, which is rich coming from someone whose spelling mistakes clearly indicate your are greatly under-educated.
never was a strong speller, but do know my cricket we will win it this year and next year ,

7/564;389973 said:
Pretty sure C/Burn ground was unavailable this weekend. Thats why they played a one day game

thanks 7/564

if that was the case, would of been nice for the VTCA to notify other clubs or change the fixture on the site.

as mentioned before, its so tight and there are a lot of teams that will be thinking how to get as many points as posible this week to get in.

Fariq;389891 said:

Personally it would be hard to look past Foostcray U's Adam Preece who has come up very big in past weeks.
hope he does , but hate to say it jones will win it , lost all respect when he took his ball and went home against us

phil crea;389969 said:
is a great kid i am sure he will go a long way , as coach i am very lucky to have a very strong young list, i am sure we can be a stong club for the next 10 years

Good to see phil your pushing kids on like Sardi and Sam. Yet these kids play in your two's. I'm not saying they shouldn't go, don't know much about them to be honest, but what about players like Cachia. He's been the leading run scorer in your firsts the last couple of season and I think he's a really good player, yet he's name hasn't be thrown up to move on to a higher grade. I would pressume he's only about 20/21?

Fariq;389891 said:

Well J. Bell looks like winning it ! Usually an all rounder's award , same in b1 M.Albers going to take it out again similar player to Bell both gun cricketer's.

freehit;390013 said:
Good to see phil your pushing kids on like Sardi and Sam. Yet these kids play in your two's. I'm not saying they shouldn't go, don't know much about them to be honest, but what about players like Cachia. He's been the leading run scorer in your firsts the last couple of season and I think he's a really good player, yet he's name hasn't be thrown up to move on to a higher grade. I would pressume he's only about 20/21?
nick as played 2s all year ,sam as played 6 games in the ones both will go a long way , cachia is 19 so he as a big future but i think he is happy playing with his mates , like i said just lucky to have a good list of young blokes,who enjoying winning

I wouldn't hold it against Centrals winning this year, or at least being promoted, however in North Division you would be mediocre at best, besides not for you to worry unless you would be selfish enough to stay in the first X1 where as statistics as well as other members of big cricket have clearly indicated that you are undoubtedly struggling and blocking the chances of others who are more deserving of a spot than yourself.

However, if you were to improve your chances in Nth Division you would have to disregard your self-proclaimed as well as much blabbed about 'no paying for playing' policy which most know is utter rubbish. A batter or two is needed at centrals, desperately.
But lets not forget for a Nth Division birth to materialize you must get the job done this year and personally i think that if either Mooney Valley or Footscray United post a score in excess of 250 than its season over for Phillips W/C

phil crea;390019 said:
nick as played 2s all year ,sam as played 6 games in the ones both will go a long way , cachia is 19 so he as a big future but i think he is happy playing with his mates , like i said just lucky to have a good list of young blokes,who enjoying winning

I have noticed over the past 5 years centrals have lost numerous juniors and some young 1st and 2nds players to other clubs.
In one of my first games for my old club upon arrival in Victoria, i started of in b matting in churches competition and remember playing against 3 young players who seemed to have great potential, remember 2 of them were batters j Bailey who had a great technique and stong defense and w/k r.jones who was small in stature but show great courage and had the ability to play most batting shots which for his age was great to watch, and m.woods who was a solid build of a bowler who was far to quick to be in the grade he was in but seemed unmotivated to play the game especially when watching his fielding. These are just 3 noticeable players i have noticed are no longer representing W/C.

Also noticed that now district player Mitchell Chadwick also previously played for werribee centrals but also left to play juniors, and later seniors else where.
Are you properly developing the youth at centrals phil as this seems to be a reoccuring trend of late?

Fariq;389907 said:
I wouldn't hold it against Centrals winning this year, or at least being promoted, however in North Division you would be mediocre at best, besides not for you to worry unless you would be selfish enough to stay in the first X1 where as statistics as well as other members of big cricket have clearly indicated that you are undoubtedly struggling and blocking the chances of others who are more deserving of a spot than yourself.

However, if you were to improve your chances in Nth Division you would have to disregard your self-proclaimed as well as much blabbed about 'no paying for playing' policy which most know is utter rubbish. A batter or two is needed at centrals, desperately.
But lets not forget for a Nth Division birth to materialize you must get the job done this year and personally i think that if either Mooney Valley or Footscray United post a score in excess of 250 than its season over for Phillips W/C
already done homework for next year ,brad broughton back next season and cant tell u the other name untill finals over ,all i can tell u he is playing finals ., to your comment about chasing 250 we made 304 against fu

Fariq;390036 said:
I have noticed over the past 5 years centrals have lost numerous juniors and some young 1st and 2nds players to other clubs.
In one of my first games for my old club upon arrival in Victoria, i started of in b matting in churches competition and remember playing against 3 young players who seemed to have great potential, remember 2 of them were batters j Bailey who had a great technique and stong defense and w/k r.jones who was small in stature but show great courage and had the ability to play most batting shots which for his age was great to watch, and m.woods who was a solid build of a bowler who was far to quick to be in the grade he was in but seemed unmotivated to play the game especially when watching his fielding. These are just 3 noticeable players i have noticed are no longer representing W/C.

Also noticed that now district player Mitchell Chadwick also previously played for werribee centrals but also left to play juniors, and later seniors else where.
Are you properly developing the youth at centrals phil as this seems to be a reoccuring trend of late?

ok moggy or woodsey ,we get rid of people who we think are lazy and wont take our club to the next level ,lol

phil crea;389899 said:
never was a strong speller, but do know my cricket we will win it this year and next year ,

What a ridiculous statement!! Fair enough you have every chance this season - but your predicting you will get there again next year - 12 months in advance???
For a bloke who claims to know his cricket - surely you must realise how dumb it is to say this????
As I have said before bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them.
Phil - what do you reckon you need to post against St A to be safe - 150? 180?

phil crea;390038 said:
ok moggy or woodsey ,we get rid of people who we think are lazy and wont take our club to the next level ,lol

Not particularly sure what your previous response meant, but by sounds of it you displined/terminated them from the club?

Also know that W/C 2nds bowler P.Green has created some interest from Richmond C.C

Fariq;389907 said:

What if Centrals play St Albans in the semi which looks like its going to occur????

Snagglepuss;389830 said:
Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

Out of Curiosity what teams have shown interest? Wyndham Vale had previously shown interest have they done so one again?

phil crea;389900 said:
hope he does , but hate to say it jones will win it , lost all respect when he took his ball and went home against us

In all fairness Phil no player whether you like him or you don't no player should have to put up with what occured.I know there's two sides to every story & i've heard both but it aint on mate. I hope as senior coach you did something about it, hopefully there weren't any kids playing to see it & think that it's ok. Trust me i'm not on the Jones band wagon but he's a quality player & has been good all season, however he can be a sook & this does rub people the wrong way. Could go to any of Preecey, Jones, JBell & dont forget Raj Aiyappan - he's had a fair season & shouldn't be overlooked....

Fariq;390055 said:
Out of Curiosity what teams have shown interest? Wyndham Vale had previously shown interest have they done so one again?

10 beer trip from Craigieburn to Wyndhamvale next season maybe?

parkcricketer;389925 said:
What a ridiculous statement!! Fair enough you have every chance this season - but your predicting you will get there again next year - 12 months in advance???
For a bloke who claims to know his cricket - surely you must realise how dumb it is to say this????
As I have said before bowlers get you to finals and batsmen win them.
Phil - what do you reckon you need to post against St A to be safe - 150? 180?

we know what we need for next year so why not plan in advance, and plus we have the best young players from any club i have seen this year, 200 plus with our bowlers no one would get them

Fariq;390054 said:
Not particularly sure what your previous response meant, but by sounds of it you displined/terminated them from the club?

Also know that W/C 2nds bowler P.Green has created some interest from Richmond C.C
all our young players will go to footscray ., being a western suburbs boy iwould like to see footscray a force . it great to see our young players getting rewarded for there hard work , we must be doing something right down werribee way

2time;389928 said:
In all fairness Phil no player whether you like him or you don't no player should have to put up with what occured.I know there's two sides to every story & i've heard both but it aint on mate. I hope as senior coach you did something about it, hopefully there weren't any kids playing to see it & think that it's ok. Trust me i'm not on the Jones band wagon but he's a quality player & has been good all season, however he can be a sook & this does rub people the wrong way. Could go to any of Preecey, Jones, JBell & dont forget Raj Aiyappan - he's had a fair season & shouldn't be overlooked....
as a senior coach i dont agree what steve did thats why we sent him home , but as a long time player i cant beleive one player took his side home when players from his side wanted to play, to me that is the man selfish and thats why taylors lakes wont go anywhere with a bloke bowling 1000 overs ,that wont bring on the young players

phil crea;390068 said:
all our young players will go to footscray ., being a western suburbs boy iwould like to see footscray a force . it great to see our young players getting rewarded for there hard work , we must be doing something right down werribee way

sounds like your a great coach Phil... get many offers from other clubs?

phil crea;389938 said:
as a senior coach i dont agree what steve did thats why we sent him home , but as a long time player i cant beleive one player took his side home when players from his side wanted to play, to me that is the man selfish and thats why taylors lakes wont go anywhere with a bloke bowling 1000 overs ,that wont bring on the young players

Now Phil,

I don't nomally reply to post's on here regarding over teams and players and i think you are a huge chance of winning the GF.

But to say glen bowls alot and the kids don't get a go is true but you only have to look at your teams stat's for the year and your 2 main bowlers have played less games and bowled more overs.So does that mean you are not bringing on the kids?.
Cannot have it both ways.

Anyway good luck in the finals

Total Records: 10

Player . MAT O M R W 5Wi 10Wm BBI AVE. STR. ECN
1 Clutton, Darren 7 100 32 217 24 2 1 6/37 9.04 25.00 2.17
2 Edrich, Aaron K 6 99.2 32 214 22 2 0 5/31 9.73 27.09 2.15
3 Cowlishaw, Jamie 11 78 8 270 16 1 0 5/10 16.88 29.25 3.46

ages eldrich 30 cluts 25 collishaw 26 and sam crea 16 who before xmas bowled the most overs and our leading wicket taker ,due to playing dowling we have rested him untill now so tell me we are not bringing on theyoung players

Fariq;390055 said:

Not sure which teams. Heard 2 were from Willy comp and 2 from Moreland/Moonee Valley comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back