North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

phil crea;389943 said:
ages eldrich 30 cluts 25 collishaw 26 and sam crea 16 who before xmas bowled the most overs and our leading wicket taker ,due to playing dowling we have rested him untill now so tell me we are not bringing on theyoung players

Phil, serious question, is this your first year as coach of WC? did you play there last season?

There is a 16 year old kid that bats top 4 in your twos, good head on his shoulders and has some classy shots (sardi, i think his name was), any reason why he hasnt been blooded into the ones for a couple of games? its not like your batting has been setting the world on fire

Snagglepuss;390080 said:
Not sure which teams. Heard 2 were from Willy comp and 2 from Moreland/Moonee Valley comp.

Sound like we have a leak.
Why would u put that out there for the masses Snaggle?
Is there any benefit in this gossip?
Just leads to rumours and inuendo.
It would be good if real info was out there though.
I'm sure clubs are just feeling out the vtca nothing is in concrete im sure.

Any Craigiburn or Avendale Hieghts readers out there?

I know its not first 11 talk, but is the result between your 2nd 11, is that final, or is there a second day to be played?

If there is a 2nd day, why is it showing Compulsary Closure (CC).

Cheers

phil crea;390077 said:
just signed a 4year contract ,this will be my last club i will play at or coach

In previous posts you claimed to have signed to a 2 year commitment and now you are saying its four, make your mind up.

phil crea;389937 said:
we know what we need for next year so why not plan in advance, and plus we have the best young players from any club i have seen this year, 200 plus with our bowlers no one would get them

Mate planning for next year is commendable, but there are so many variables to consider backing yourself at this level to win a flag 12 months out is just plain stupid!!! You don't know what grade you will be playing or what opposition sides will be doing with there own lists.
You're probably right - if you post 200 you might beat everyone but as far as I can see you have only done it twice this year, so it's probably not on the cards.

This weeks 2nd day of round 11 looks to be heavily focused upon Albion vs werribee centrals where looks like either team has a chance of winning with outright points. Should be very interesting, unless Albion have manufactured a pitch synonymous to a road.

160plus;389944 said:
Phil, serious question, is this your first year as coach of WC? did you play there last season?

There is a 16 year old kid that bats top 4 in your twos, good head on his shoulders and has some classy shots (sardi, i think his name was), any reason why he hasnt been blooded into the ones for a couple of games? its not like your batting has been setting the world on fire

nick sardi will be a great bat still 12months away playing his first year on turf, a lot of comments on my batting,lets say stay tuned

phil crea;390077 said:
How about if you get washed out Phil and Grand United offer you a game??? You have been down that path before i beleive while Coach of W/C.. Correct?

phil crea;389952 said:
nick sardi will be a great bat still 12months away playing his first year on turf, a lot of comments on my batting,lets say stay tuned

why would i answer a stupid question is this my first year

phil crea;390068 said:
all our young players will go to footscray ., being a western suburbs boy iwould like to see footscray a force . it great to see our young players getting rewarded for there hard work , we must be doing something right down werribee way

phil crea;390077 said:

Phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what I have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to Footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until Phil Crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for Werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

phil crea;389952 said:

Phil, Please indicate where I made a comment on YOUR battting... I dont really wanna get into a slag fest with you, but lets just say its not all about YOU

The reason I mentioned Sardi was that he showed a lot of ticker, especially for a 16 year old, in fact I passed on his name to my contact at a district club as a player to seriously look at...

As for the question about your coaching position, the question was: Is this your first year at WC as coach... not is this your first season ever coach. This is my first season in the VTCA, my first since overcoming a long term injury, and my first on turf since I returned from playing in the UK 4 years ago. Bar the tripe you write on the forum, I wouldnt know you from a bar of soap. Hence the question.

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people (no doubt you will read that as me calling you stupid).

Canary Yellow;390109 said:
Phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what I have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to Footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until Phil Crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for Werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

sam crea goes alright , just ask the district sides chasing him ,now canary or whatever your name is didnt u say we wouldnt finish top 4 , so why would i listen to you because u know shit

160plus;389958 said:
Phil, Please indicate where I made a comment on YOUR battting... I dont really wanna get into a slag fest with you, but lets just say its not all about YOU

The reason I mentioned Sardi was that he showed a lot of ticker, especially for a 16 year old, in fact I passed on his name to my contact at a district club as a player to seriously look at...

As for the question about your coaching position, the question was: Is this your first year at WC as coach... not is this your first season ever coach. This is my first season in the VTCA, my first since overcoming a long term injury, and my first on turf since I returned from playing in the UK 4 years ago. Bar the tripe you write on the forum, I wouldnt know you from a bar of soap. Hence the question.

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people (no doubt you will read that as me calling you stupid).
we encourage our kids to go to district nick and sam are going to footscray next year, is talking the truth tripe , then i am

D.Cachia is more than capable of giving district a fair crack, however aside from him your so called 'young guns' are in no position to tackle the states top tier in district yet, and to urge them on to do so without playing at least one full season in first grade could be disastrous for their development.

A intelligent & caring coach, as you claim to be, should urge these young cricketers to play a full season in first XI club-side level before making such a jump.

How about we stop talking about Phil for a while...
There is plenty of young talent through out the league who i believe could have a dip at district level....
B1 you have the young blokes like Pascu, Riggio & Bennett...
A1 you have Dunn, Montebello, Arrowsmith & S.Crea although very young isnt too bad either
All of these blokes would play 2's if not push 1's..

phil crea;389961 said:
we encourage our kids to go to district nick and sam are going to footscray next year, is talking the truth tripe , then i am

I respect clubs that push their players to district, a lot dont. It was a member of Footscray that I emailed, I wish Nick all the best, good kid and can bat.

EdgeOverSlips;390124 said:
How about we stop talking about Phil for a while...
There is plenty of young talent through out the league who i believe could have a dip at district level....
B1 you have the young blokes like Pascu, Riggio & Bennett...
A1 you have Dunn, Montebello, Arrowsmith & S.Crea although very young isnt too bad either
All of these blokes would play 2's if not push 1's..

good call , the four in a1 are great cricketers

160plus;389964 said:
I respect clubs that push their players to district, a lot dont. It was a member of Footscray that I emailed, I wish Nick all the best, good kid and can bat.
is a great kid i am sure he will go a long way , as coach i am very lucky to have a very strong young list, i am sure we can be a stong club for the next 10 years

Fariq;390115 said:
D.Cachia is more than capable of giving district a fair crack, however aside from him your so called 'young guns' are in no position to tackle the states top tier in district yet, and to urge them on to do so without playing at least one full season in first grade could be disastrous for their development.

A intelligent & caring coach, as you claim to be, should urge these young cricketers to play a full season in first XI club-side level before making such a jump. However based on your choice of haircut and lack of cricket knowledge you undoubtedly fail in the intelligent aspect.

stay off the site u dill ,u just talk utter shit and u must be a cmats player

160plus;389946 said:
Any Craigiburn or Avendale Hieghts readers out there?

I know its not first 11 talk, but is the result between your 2nd 11, is that final, or is there a second day to be played?

If there is a 2nd day, why is it showing Compulsary Closure (CC).

Cheers

Dunno what happend there, by the looks of it they decided to make it a one dayer - not sure if that came from both clubs or was it instructed by VTCA?

Strange? never seen that b4, a Rnd 11 2 dayer should be a 2 dayer doesn't matter where both teams are on the ladder

I am getting more than a little bored of the whole Phil Crea worship on this thread. How about we leave it be for a little while and talk about something else.

From now on any post directly relating to Phil has a good chance of being heavily edited or deleted. Don't make me have to go there - just leave the Crea stuff out.

ROY G BIV;389972 said:
Dunno what happend there, by the looks of it they decided to make it a one dayer - not sure if that came from both clubs or was it instructed by VTCA?

Strange? never seen that b4, a Rnd 11 2 dayer should be a 2 dayer doesn't matter where both teams are on the ladder

Pretty sure C/Burn ground was unavailable this weekend. Thats why they played a one day game

Sam Crea was a net bowler to the Austrailan Test side during the boxing day test and held his own there with all the district 1's bowlers and shield bowlers and knocked over a guy with a test ton.
I think you will find he will play higher than district 3rds.

ROY G BIV;389972 said:

It is, my first thought was a "Sporting Declaration". I have no issue of this if it is the case, whilst it could be seen as contrived, the two teams batted for 40 overs. What throws me off is the CC tagged on each innings.

Once again, I know its twos cricket, but its super tight in North A2, with only three certainties, WC are top, and FU and AH cant make it. something like 4ish points seperate 2nd and 8th. Great for cricket and means all the games have something to play for.

Out of interest, to stop clubs contriving results (not saying it happens, but can do) why dont they make the last round a one dayer? a bit like the EPL where all sides play on the Sat.

My other suggestion would be for the VTCA to schedule a one dayer over the aussie day long weekend, I know ourselves and a number of teams have players unavailible that weekend, but avail the next, some sides really struggled to field full teams

CheeQuee;390060 said:
10 beer trip from Craigieburn to Wyndhamvale next season maybe?

Wyndhamvale would need a new ground b4 that would happen...............because "Dogsh1t oval" is an absolute disgrace............:eek:

7/564;389973 said:
Pretty sure C/Burn ground was unavailable this weekend. Thats why they played a one day game

thanks 7/564

if that was the case, would of been nice for the VTCA to notify other clubs or change the fixture on the site.

as mentioned before, its so tight and there are a lot of teams that will be thinking how to get as many points as posible this week to get in.

my tips for semis...moonee valley v footscray united..mv should be full of confidence after touching up fu in last round. Good hit out with less recognised bats amongst runs. Pridham(25 wickets) and possibly felmingham (early season century maker) to come back in. Fu need skipper and preece to make plenty. My tip mv. Werribee centrals v st albans. Both will rely heavily on bowling stocks. Whoever posts 180 plus will win. My tip st albans. But will be a ripper.

phil crea;389969 said:
is a great kid i am sure he will go a long way , as coach i am very lucky to have a very strong young list, i am sure we can be a stong club for the next 10 years

Good to see phil your pushing kids on like Sardi and Sam. Yet these kids play in your two's. I'm not saying they shouldn't go, don't know much about them to be honest, but what about players like Cachia. He's been the leading run scorer in your firsts the last couple of season and I think he's a really good player, yet he's name hasn't be thrown up to move on to a higher grade. I would pressume he's only about 20/21?

koh phi phi 3;390275 said:
my tips for semis...moonee valley v footscray united..mv should be full of confidence after touching up fu in last round. Good hit out with less recognised bats amongst runs. Pridham(25 wickets) and possibly felmingham (early season century maker) to come back in. Fu need skipper and preece to make plenty. My tip mv. Werribee centrals v st albans. Both will rely heavily on bowling stocks. Whoever posts 180 plus will win. My tip st albans. But will be a ripper.

yes i beleive the winner out of our game will win the flag, good to see four class bowlers go head to head

freehit;390013 said:
Good to see phil your pushing kids on like Sardi and Sam. Yet these kids play in your two's. I'm not saying they shouldn't go, don't know much about them to be honest, but what about players like Cachia. He's been the leading run scorer in your firsts the last couple of season and I think he's a really good player, yet he's name hasn't be thrown up to move on to a higher grade. I would pressume he's only about 20/21?
nick as played 2s all year ,sam as played 6 games in the ones both will go a long way , cachia is 19 so he as a big future but i think he is happy playing with his mates , like i said just lucky to have a good list of young blokes,who enjoying winning

canary yellow;390109 said:
phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what i have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until phil crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

lol

phil crea;390019 said:
nick as played 2s all year ,sam as played 6 games in the ones both will go a long way , cachia is 19 so he as a big future but i think he is happy playing with his mates , like i said just lucky to have a good list of young blokes,who enjoying winning

I have noticed over the past 5 years centrals have lost numerous juniors and some young 1st and 2nds players to other clubs.
In one of my first games for my old club upon arrival in Victoria, i started of in b matting in churches competition and remember playing against 3 young players who seemed to have great potential, remember 2 of them were batters j Bailey who had a great technique and stong defense and w/k r.jones who was small in stature but show great courage and had the ability to play most batting shots which for his age was great to watch, and m.woods who was a solid build of a bowler who was far to quick to be in the grade he was in but seemed unmotivated to play the game especially when watching his fielding. These are just 3 noticeable players i have noticed are no longer representing W/C.

Also noticed that now district player Mitchell Chadwick also previously played for werribee centrals but also left to play juniors, and later seniors else where.
Are you properly developing the youth at centrals phil as this seems to be a reoccuring trend of late?

Sardi93 dont bother leaving pointless posts i.e) lol it doesnt contribute to this forum just like phil crea doesnt contribute to the runs total at werribee centrals

Fariq;390036 said:
I have noticed over the past 5 years centrals have lost numerous juniors and some young 1st and 2nds players to other clubs.
In one of my first games for my old club upon arrival in Victoria, i started of in b matting in churches competition and remember playing against 3 young players who seemed to have great potential, remember 2 of them were batters j Bailey who had a great technique and stong defense and w/k r.jones who was small in stature but show great courage and had the ability to play most batting shots which for his age was great to watch, and m.woods who was a solid build of a bowler who was far to quick to be in the grade he was in but seemed unmotivated to play the game especially when watching his fielding. These are just 3 noticeable players i have noticed are no longer representing W/C.

Also noticed that now district player Mitchell Chadwick also previously played for werribee centrals but also left to play juniors, and later seniors else where.
Are you properly developing the youth at centrals phil as this seems to be a reoccuring trend of late?

ok moggy or woodsey ,we get rid of people who we think are lazy and wont take our club to the next level ,lol

Fariq;390334 said:
Sardi93 dont bother leaving pointless posts i.e) lol it doesnt contribute to this forum just like phil crea doesnt contribute to the runs total at werribee centrals

Cause that contributes so much to the forum. Sorry but all i can think of to reply to that is "lol",. How do you contribute to the VTCA north a1 and a2 forum?

phil crea;390038 said:
ok moggy or woodsey ,we get rid of people who we think are lazy and wont take our club to the next level ,lol

Not particularly sure what your previous response meant, but by sounds of it you displined/terminated them from the club?

Also know that W/C 2nds bowler P.Green has created some interest from Richmond C.C

koh phi phi 3;390275 said:

Pretty good call this. I wouldn't discount St Albans batting all together though. Jones and Montebello have had pretty fair seasons with the willow.
Can not beleive the way some people are writing off Mooney Valley though.
Been the form side all year and will be hard to toss. Funny things happen in finals, but they do deserve some respect.

Snagglepuss;389830 said:
Also interesting to hear there has been 4 clubs from 2 diff comps show an interest (only an interest at this stage) in looking at moving to VTCA next season. I won't say what comps but they are close to home.

Out of Curiosity what teams have shown interest? Wyndham Vale had previously shown interest have they done so one again?

parkcricketer;390423 said:
Pretty good call this. I wouldn't discount St Albans batting all together though. Jones and Montebello have had pretty fair seasons with the willow.
Can not beleive the way some people are writing off Mooney Valley though.
Been the form side all year and will be hard to toss. Funny things happen in finals, but they do deserve some respect.

I agree Pan_ _

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back