North A And B

How fast is quick in your opinion canary. Why would a batsman fear a quick. The advantage a quick has over a medium pacer is that he causes batsman to rush their strokes depending on ability. You mentioned Greenidge when he was over here some years back playing for Albion. He was certainly quite nippy but I don't recall anyone saying they were scared of him. Most I spoke to found it quite an experience and enjoyed the challenge.

DJ I understand your point here and agree with it to a certain extent, but I'll leave you with this. Does Preece get nervous when McCammond strolls into bowl?? Macca has got him two years in a row, but Preece is a batsmen

DJ I don't believe I am wrong, mentioned the big occasion, Shan does enjoy the verbal stoush but he never delivers on the big stage. If for instance there was a verbal stoush in round 4 between him and a bottom 3 ranked side he would relish the situation however when it actually means something and it's game on he tightens right up. He does not make runs in finals
Ledge will be fine.
I'm sure he understands when you dish it out you have to be able to cop it back.
I've played a lot of cricket with him over the years and he f***** loves the big stage.
As a batsman - you have a good understanding if it's gonna be your day or not within the first few overs.
Good luck to all the FUCC'ers.

Putting out there for discussion
B Grade Team of the Year.

1. L.Lewis. Open Bat & Open Bowl
2. S.Goulopoulos. Open Bat young up n comer.
3. S. Molligonda. Consistent all year with the Bat
4. D.Heke. Quality Bat
5. M.Logan. Quality Bat
6. I.Bhatti. Top level performer with both Bat & Ball.
7. + R. Murray. can hold a bat and make late runs if required.
8. C.Lomas. Very handy change bowler and no slouch with the bat
9. D.Wainwright Good Allrounder over a long period of time always does his job.
10. J.Baker. * Good allrounder & Captain of the side that finished top of the ladder.
11. M. O'Brien. Quality opening bowler.

Apologies go to Kwaja one of my favourites but this team has plenty of Allrounders and this side also bat's to 10.
Feel free to critisise my list thats what its there for....

Putting out there for discussion
B Grade Team of the Year.

1. L.Lewis. Open Bat & Open Bowl
2. S.Goulopoulos. Open Bat young up n comer.
3. S. Molligonda. Consistent all year with the Bat
4. D.Heke. Quality Bat
5. M.Logan. Quality Bat
6. I.Bhatti. Top level performer with both Bat & Ball.
7. + R. Murray. can hold a bat and make late runs if required.
8. C.Lomas. Very handy change bowler and no slouch with the bat
9. D.Wainwright Good Allrounder over a long period of time always does his job.
10. J.Baker. * Good allrounder & Captain of the side that finished top of the ladder.
11. M. O'Brien. Quality opening bowler.

Apologies go to Kwaja one of my favourites but this team has plenty of Allrounders and this side also bat's to 10.
Feel free to critisise my list thats what its there for....

I think you may have got me confused with someone else if you are thinking I can keep. Or bat for that matter!!

BJ

This is only my opinion but the trio out at St.Albans would definately be up there, Clutton, Dunn, McCammond, followed by Arrowsmith, Pascu and in my opinion Bennet from Jacana. Saying that, Bennets short ball is the only thing quick and that is because he throws it. I beleive they are all quicker tan FU's quicks. I also believe Silva is quicker than Lasantha.

That little left arm garden gnome from Albion bowls pretty quick. Can't think of his name....

Good luck to all those playing tomorrow, the weather has turned on it's head and it looks beautiful! Win the toss and bat boys....... My predictions are Tullamarine to beat Footscray and Flemington to beat Laverton. See you guys over the weekend at east keilor.

been away from here for a while, u get that with the spray i gave to the churches and the pitch diggers a couple years ago. anyway.... in the b2's im proud of the effort alot of my boys put in throughout the year, especially from the developement of our younger up and coming stars like ethan, damo, mmmm bop, young mick( all 16 & 17) and older guys in thoer early 20's like moona who took out leading run scorer in half the games and guy in his 2nd year of cricket.
In the end though we just weren't good enough last sat/sun, i know its hurts to say but i hope it spurs us on next year. We had our chances even though we only scored 91, but just couldnt take them- couple of droped catches would of put the preesure on. Well done to cragieburn who out played us. Only played lavo once, but very impressed, played cragieburn 3times and have a few boys with lot of heart. good luck to both in the granny but special shout out to a mate- ton up deisel, tear it apart.

DJ I don't believe I am wrong, mentioned the big occasion, Shan does enjoy the verbal stoush but he never delivers on the big stage. If for instance there was a verbal stoush in round 4 between him and a bottom 3 ranked side he would relish the situation however when it actually means something and it's game on he tightens right up. He does not make runs in finals

Canary, you are picking on two players(O'Reilly and Preece) whom do not have to prove anything to anyone as they have done it all. O'Reilly has played in an "A" Grade premiership where he opened the batting making 75 not out. Preece has played in two "A" Grade premierships that I'm aware of. O'Reilly is entering the twilight of his career and Preece is well and truly in the twilight of his career. McCammond is a quality bowler. The fact that he may have got Preece two seasons in a row, as you stated, does not mean Preece can't handle the better bowling attacks. On both occasions it was on the goat herders deck and we all know what your likely to get there on any given day.

09/10 Preece made 500 plus runs. 10/11 he's made 400 plus runs. A man can only bat against the bowling attack that is presented. Open and shut case.

Good luck to all those playing tomorrow, the weather has turned on it's head and it looks beautiful! Win the toss and bat boys....... My predictions are Tullamarine to beat Footscray and Flemington to beat Laverton. See you guys over the weekend at east keilor.

Interesting predictions there Guru. Afraid I differ. Footscray to get up mainly due to the fact of their finals experience. 5 in the team have played in "A" Grade premierships and know what is required. When the bowling is tight and there is not much on offer, patience at the crease is required.

Femington have found a new lease of life and look dangerous. However Laverton have shown the way all season and deserve their top of the ladder position. Their all round batting ability should see them home. The first hour on Nippys wickets at Overland always favours the bowlers, so who ever bats up front will have to be solid in defence.

Canary, you are picking on two players(O'Reilly and Preece) whom do not have to prove anything to anyone as they have done it all. O'Reilly has played in an "A" Grade premiership where he opened the batting making 75 not out. Preece has played in two "A" Grade premierships that I'm aware of. O'Reilly is entering the twilight of his career and Preece is well and truly in the twilight of his career. McCammond is a quality bowler. The fact that he may have got Preece two seasons in a row, as you stated, does not mean Preece can't handle the better bowling attacks. On both occasions it was on the goat herders deck and we all know what your likely to get there on any given day.

09/10 Preece made 500 plus runs. 10/11 he's made 400 plus runs. A man can only bat against the bowling attack that is presented. Open and shut case.

No no, Dingo, I wasn't having a crack. I actually rate both of them, Preece more than you would know. I was merely answering the question of would a bat fear a bowler. I was merely stating Preece has been struck twice by McCammond and hurt both times so Preeces heart would beat a little quicker when McCammond was running in. I'll never doubt or put him down. The bloke is a gun on and off the ground. With O'Rielly, I've played with him too, a fair bit actually and just think that when push comes to shove in big games he has a tendancy to go missing. Not doubting his ability either, he was one of the best bats in the comp 7 or 8 years ago. Good luck to both sides over the next four days. Wish we'd have won last week so I was having a bat tomorrow. Best two sides in my opinion are playing off though.

Hi all
Yes im Moona and i play at the roosters would like to say few words too you st Andrews man i dont know who u are i haven't read all pages on this forum. But their few things you have said which concern me saying that heke is being paid and leigh lewis and few others getting paid you are well off the mark we have good club we close nit group the pay our fees and wanna win flags together.We pay a coach as most clubs do which i cant believe everyone so interested in knowing how much or think this much for little success on the field.Roach did have the best of season which club would like but do we judge on coach on that?. No last season ours ones finished 6th and 2s finished 5th and we as club wanted to change lot things to make us better side like culture of the club. We as playing group wanted to commit and work hard at training and have big season which i think we did and get more competive on the training track. Our club had very good season and the hard work of some individuals we played finals in our 2nd season in the vtca which i think a fantastic result with the playing group we had.We played our worst cricket all season in semi where were on show to everyone yes we let ourselves down and we hurting but will be stronger nxt season and the experienced from some our players was priceless which think will drive the club for many years to come. This season we had an under 15 team and nxt season an under 17 which will continue make us stronger and some more young kids will be great future stars at our club. What im trying to say st andrews man u had goos side in ur last season iun churches well ur 1s were strong u made the move to vtca this only grade u will play i dont see much future their mate. i would focus on trying build ur club and get ur club bigger and more competive than it is or just going to be average club that will be a bottom 4 side.

Flemington boys reading this after last week u may call us chickens or what u did sen but would see how ur side would gone comming back to play on sunday when nothing could be won u had 20 overs to get those 100s so should crying over it should just been focusing on the granny.. Your captain didnt make good call by bowling first yesterday maybe u should had bowling practice ...thats all i have say slag me praise me i dont care but i will always defend my club i play for and love go the Roosters bigger and better things nxt season boys

Hi all
Yes im Moona and i play at the roosters would like to say few words too you st Andrews man i dont know who u are i haven't read all pages on this forum. But their few things you have said which concern me saying that heke is being paid and leigh lewis and few others getting paid you are well off the mark we have good club we close nit group the pay our fees and wanna win flags together.We pay a coach as most clubs do which i cant believe everyone so interested in knowing how much or think this much for little success on the field.Roach did have the best of season which club would like but do we judge on coach on that?. No last season ours ones finished 6th and 2s finished 5th and we as club wanted to change lot things to make us better side like culture of the club. We as playing group wanted to commit and work hard at training and have big season which i think we did and get more competive on the training track. Our club had very good season and the hard work of some individuals we played finals in our 2nd season in the vtca which i think a fantastic result with the playing group we had.We played our worst cricket all season in semi where were on show to everyone yes we let ourselves down and we hurting but will be stronger nxt season and the experienced from some our players was priceless which think will drive the club for many years to come. This season we had an under 15 team and nxt season an under 17 which will continue make us stronger and some more young kids will be great future stars at our club. What im trying to say st andrews man u had goos side in ur last season iun churches well ur 1s were strong u made the move to vtca this only grade u will play i dont see much future their mate. i would focus on trying build ur club and get ur club bigger and more competive than it is or just going to be average club that will be a bottom 4 side.

Flemington boys reading this after last week u may call us chickens or what u did sen but would see how ur side would gone comming back to play on sunday when nothing could be won u had 20 overs to get those 100s so should crying over it should just been focusing on the granny.. Your captain didnt make good call by bowling first yesterday maybe u should had bowling practice ...thats all i have say slag me praise me i dont care but i will always defend my club i play for and love go the Roosters bigger and better things nxt season boys

Moona, Roach has obviously done a good job at the Roosters. The club has gone from 3 wins last year to both the 1st and 2nd elevens playing in the finals, that is a strong improvement regardless. Just a question, surely you win the toss and bat in a grand final. I would have thought by batting you keep control of the game, at 2/12 laverton were in some trouble but their 4th wicket partnership was a beauty. LJ Brown can bat, no question and Mason provided great support. At 6/245 they are certainly in the drivers seat but Flemington have some strong bats, they just need to be given the opportunity. laverton just need to come back next week and bat Flemington out of the game, simple as that. I thought Flemington's bowling was flat during the 2 or 3 hours i was there, the wicket looked good though. Flem need 4 wickets in a hurry on Saturday and then just need to set about probably chasing 270-280. If that was the scenario, i think they would give it a nudge. Can they win from here? I'm not sure. Nathan certainly wont be the first captain nor the last to maybe look back and say maybe I should have had a bat. Maybe it was a team decision and they felt the best way to beat Lavo was bowl first?

GurU14
Hey thanks for the reply pal. Didint bag me i thought i was gonna cop it ,well from st andrews man i thought his gonna give to me never mind.Went to granny on saturday for few hours i agree ur bowlers looked very flat baistow didnt look 100% and ur capt nathan i think very good bowler he didnt bowl a lot of overs when i was their i rate those 2 as ur best bowlers. Lomas had front fut problem which would of hurt cause his quality spinner.Yes i see u did have them 2/14 but when win send a side in you had to bowl them out cheaply and they are very good batting side i thought was silly to do. Last week u guys where looking good with openers i would just continued batting runs on board in finals are gold. It showed in game nxt to b2 craigieburn all out 92 and lavo where 2/50 and past score 9 down just show you very hard chasing runs. But i guess no real right answer on what he should done just wish both sides all best.But hope lavo win just thought ur club went over top on the radio last week when they should of.

GurU14
Hey thanks for the reply pal. Didint bag me i thought i was gonna cop it ,well from st andrews man i thought his gonna give to me never mind.Went to granny on saturday for few hours i agree ur bowlers looked very flat baistow didnt look 100% and ur capt nathan i think very good bowler he didnt bowl a lot of overs when i was their i rate those 2 as ur best bowlers. Lomas had front fut problem which would of hurt cause his quality spinner.Yes i see u did have them 2/14 but when win send a side in you had to bowl them out cheaply and they are very good batting side i thought was silly to do. Last week u guys where looking good with openers i would just continued batting runs on board in finals are gold. It showed in game nxt to b2 craigieburn all out 92 and lavo where 2/50 and past score 9 down just show you very hard chasing runs. But i guess no real right answer on what he should done just wish both sides all best.But hope lavo win just thought ur club went over top on the radio last week when they should of.

Moon dog Guru's from Merlo-Hatfield.
Considering Flemingtons boys made 91 a piece in the Semi it's mind boggling that they win the toss and have a bowl.
Laverton finish on top only way to go is put a big score up and put Lavo under pressure surely.
Instead of ringing up Radio stations and having a dummy spit flem boys would be better of keeping there eyes on the prize.

Canary, you are picking on two players(O'Reilly and Preece) whom do not have to prove anything to anyone as they have done it all. O'Reilly has played in an "A" Grade premiership where he opened the batting making 75 not out.
Preece has played in two "A" Grade premierships that I'm aware of
. O'Reilly is entering the twilight of his career and Preece is well and truly in the twilight of his career. McCammond is a quality bowler. The fact that he may have got Preece two seasons in a row, as you stated, does not mean Preece can't handle the better bowling attacks. On both occasions it was on the goat herders deck and we all know what your likely to get there on any given day.

I'm aware of 1 Flag for preece - Dingo can you name clubs where he was part of a flag.
Funited would be 1 i reckon, where did he win the other?

Shagga - years back (for atleast 2 seasons maybe) he was the best bat in a strong NTH A comp, technically very correct and thus great to watch. i dunno how old he is but i guess age catches up to all of us eventually and i suspect this is what has happened to O'Rielly, because for few years now he has been well below the standards he used to have with the bat. Decline in batting form is strange though because he is playing park cricket and blokes with batting ability he once demonstrated still continue to churn out the runs well into their late 30's in such cricket. Preece is an example - wouldn't think Shannon is any older than preece?

Hi all

I never said heke was being paid. latecut i think was saying how we relied on only 2 blokes, i was merely pointing out how much u guys relied on lewis and heke over the past few seasons. I think lewis being opening bat and bowl would at least get some incentives is what i was implying. you will see next year how much our club will grow. We had a very successful year off the field which will improve us a lot next season on the field. If we can keep our guys on the park next year, i think we will be the surprise packet of the grade. We won't be bottom 4 next year moona, just you wait and see.

I'm aware of 1 Flag for preece - Dingo can you name clubs where he was part of a flag.
Funited would be 1 i reckon, where did he win the other?

Shagga - years back (for atleast 2 seasons maybe) he was the best bat in a strong NTH A comp, technically very correct and thus great to watch. i dunno how old he is but i guess age catches up to all of us eventually and i suspect this is what has happened to O'Rielly, because for few years now he has been well below the standards he used to have with the bat. Decline in batting form is strange though because he is playing park cricket and blokes with batting ability he once demonstrated still continue to churn out the runs well into their late 30's in such cricket. Preece is an example - wouldn't think Shannon is any older than preece?

Preecy won a flag at Strathmore too...

Shan 33. Only been dismissed 2 or 3 times this year, still very good bat, just playing different role these days !

I never said heke was being paid. latecut i think was saying how we relied on only 2 blokes, i was merely pointing out how much u guys relied on lewis and heke over the past few seasons. I think lewis being opening bat and bowl would at least get some incentives is what i was implying. you will see next year how much our club will grow. We had a very successful year off the field which will improve us a lot next season on the field. If we can keep our guys on the park next year, i think we will be the surprise packet of the grade. We won't be bottom 4 next year moona, just you wait and see.

need to pick up a few handy players i think based on the on the scores i saw in the paper this year.

Preecy won a flag at Strathmore too...

Shan 33. Only been dismissed 2 or 3 times this year, still very good bat, just playing different role these days !

33 still a young fella i say.

You FUnited fellas may have a bit of nailbiter on cards this weekend.

Tulla lads still got some work to do and are prone to 2/3 low scores per season. 160 overs lots of cricket to
be played...keep TJ fingers wrapped up in cotton wool will be needed this weekend. Tulla blokes yet to bat have
seen them crumble against spin before - Tipped Tulla before the game but may the best team win

33 still a young fella i say.

You FUnited fellas may have a bit of nailbiter on cards this weekend.

Tulla lads still got some work to do and are prone to 2/3 low scores per season. 160 overs lots of cricket to
be played...keep TJ fingers wrapped up in cotton wool will be needed this weekend. Tulla blokes yet to bat have
seen them crumble against spin before - Tipped Tulla before the game but may the best team win

Roy I picked Tulla myself, just thought they maybe would have the edge against Footscray. Having said that, 6 from Walters was a great return without Zahorodni bowling. Young Achilles needs to stand up in this game, I heard some good things about him when he was playing at North but really hasn't delivered as yet, saturday needs to be his stage where he makes a statement. Chand still in must be also good news for Tulla nad with Zahorodni batting lower due to not being available will help in the long run. As you with 160 overs to be bowled there is still a long way to go in this game and I wouldn't be surprised if it's still not a 2nd innings result.

Back