North A And B

dingo - a plum deck you say ? i wandered out and watched most of the granny and on day 1 , aberfeldie produced a wet deck despite perfect weather from the tuesday and then the following saturday when tulla had to bat and a perfect week of weather again they produced another wet soft pitch , which made it extremely tough to bat on , tulla all out 111 foots 4 for 20 , , but must be extremely disapointing for the vtca , word was that sprinklers came on fri arvo and water sat on the covers ?? surely the curator or a member of abers would have seen this and done something about it! Pretty disapointing seeing balls popping off a length thru out the grand final , luckily both teams copped the same problem so didnt really influence the match . But last few yrs there has been a disturbing number of incidents during finals game and grand finals . congrats to yarraville amazing to think they have won 9 down two yrs in a row .

Yep I agree. Pretty ordinary effort for a host club.V.T.C.A. should seriously consider leaving them off the list as hosts for next season. Appears nobody wants to be responsible.

Re Achilles. Preece 33, Chand 35, De Silva 28, McKay 32 and De Silva 56 in the second dig all got reasonable starts. When Achilles batted the deck was playing great. He scored 9 caught behind from an ordinary stroke in the first dig and then paddled one to Jeffrey at mid-off and ran himself out. Not even Bolt the Jamaican athlete could have made it.

Re disturbing incidents. It's in the best interests of competing clubs to hire a security guard whom parks his car near the turf table to ensure no hanky panky. Unfortunately it's a perennial problem which will never go away. The world is producing more and more half wits.

Ur rite just a rumour...but hay this form is full of them.
We all have an acquaintance or two at Lav & other clubs for that matter no biggy.
They have a high classed player joining them its not my place to say.
No Rooster is joining them very rare for a Rooster to jump ship...

I suppose they prefer to jump hens.

If the Williamstown comp's two best teams, West Newport & Newport-digman join the VTCA next season the other sides will have to follow. There would only be 6 sides left of anything like A grade standard so they would have no choice but to cross over. The success that Laverton have had will make them feel they can be competitive in the Western division that Adam Willcock said would be created for them to play in. There'll be a North west division created for the MMV sides to play in.

If that were to happen, which competition would Grand United end up in. Churches or Ballarat perhaps.

It would be a pity to see Laverton go back to the old stamping grounds if a Western Division is created. I think they would be better served playing in a good standard Nth"A" Comp and striving to move up from there.

If that were to happen, which competition would Grand United end up in. Churches or Ballarat perhaps.

It would be a pity to see Laverton go back to the old stamping grounds if a Western Division is created. I think they would be better served playing in a good standard Nth"A" Comp and striving to move up from there.

dingo talk is that they will have north west a and b and obviously north a and b. The theory would 32 teams would cover those 4 grades. 8 teams in four divisions of which they will play 7 one and 7 two day games, pretty similar to what happened in north b in the previous 2 seasons. Sides will be placed in divisions depending on area. So there was 22 teams un north a & b so under the above scenario there is room for another 10 teams to enter the vtca without to much trouble. Albion from all reports are in strife so maybe room for 11 new sides. Obviously the biggest problem is not to have the divisions representing competitions they have played in previously as the sides in the vtca have left for a reason. Will be a very interesting 60 days as I would think the vtca will need strong commitments from these sides to allow them to put the necessary plans in place. We'll just have to wait and see

Grand United were placed in the Western division by the VTCA in the gradings they showed to the Williamstown comp clubs when they were trying to get us to cross over last year. Looks like they've forgotten the promise they made to the old SCA sides that Grand United would not be admitted.

dingo talk is that they will have north west a and b and obviously north a and b. The theory would 32 teams would cover those 4 grades. 8 teams in four divisions of which they will play 7 one and 7 two day games, pretty similar to what happened in north b in the previous 2 seasons. Sides will be placed in divisions depending on area. So there was 22 teams un north a & b so under the above scenario there is room for another 10 teams to enter the vtca without to much trouble. Albion from all reports are in strife so maybe room for 11 new sides. Obviously the biggest problem is not to have the divisions representing competitions they have played in previously as the sides in the vtca have left for a reason. Will be a very interesting 60 days as I would think the vtca will need strong commitments from these sides to allow them to put the necessary plans in place. We'll just have to wait and see

spot on ... the vtca exec have sent a proposal to the mmvca to take over all turf sides. mulling over it at the moment...also hear t jeffrie talking to a couple of clubs

Grand United were placed in the Western division by the VTCA in the gradings they showed to the Williamstown comp clubs when they were trying to get us to cross over last year. Looks like they've forgotten the promise they made to the old SCA sides that Grand United would not be admitted.

If Grand United were to be admitted to the V.T.C.A. twenty clubs would leave the association. I can think of 10 right now who would leave immediately.

There is already talk now of reviving the old S.C.A. perhaps under a different name. The V.T.C.A. would be ill advised to push any buttons.

Yep I agree. Pretty ordinary effort for a host club.V.T.C.A. should seriously consider leaving them off the list as hosts for next season. Appears nobody wants to be responsible.

Re Achilles. Preece 33, Chand 35, De Silva 28, McKay 32 and De Silva 56 in the second dig all got reasonable starts. When Achilles batted the deck was playing great. He scored 9 caught behind from an ordinary stroke in the first dig and then paddled one to Jeffrey at mid-off and ran himself out. Not even Bolt the Jamaican athlete could have made it.

Re disturbing incidents. It's in the best interests of competing clubs to hire a security guard whom parks his car near the turf table to ensure no hanky panky. Unfortunately it's a perennial problem which will never go away. The world is producing more and more half wits.

Let's set a few things straight. First week - it rained at Abers on Wed. Not covered then - bad luck. On Sat half hour delay then track was OK after first hour. Sunday no problems. Second week sprinklers went on - computer controlled - out of Abers control. Sat morning water on covers. Leaked at seams apparently - these were VTCA approved covers. Half hour delay but no wickets fell due to this. In fact Tulla batsmen put on quite few at this stage then some rubbish shots! Sunday very good as shown by FU bats in the 1st hour or so. Spoke to a few players - mainly Tulla - and they had no dramas.
Overall bats for the whole game were very disappointing - not track's fault.
Last 2 years Abers track has been very good - check 1s and 2s scores when it hasn't rained. Previous to that for a few years, yes, it was an absolute joke.
As far as security Abers Pres and his 2 boys and dog slept in a tent at the wicket table in a tent last Fri and Sat so absolutely no sabotage!

Let's set a few things straight. First week - it rained at Abers on Wed. Not covered then - bad luck. On Sat half hour delay then track was OK after first hour. Sunday no problems. Second week sprinklers went on - computer controlled - out of Abers control. Sat morning water on covers. Leaked at seams apparently - these were VTCA approved covers. Half hour delay but no wickets fell due to this. In fact Tulla batsmen put on quite few at this stage then some rubbish shots! Sunday very good as shown by FU bats in the 1st hour or so. Spoke to a few players - mainly Tulla - and they had no dramas.
Last 2 years Abers track has been very good - check 1s and 2s scores when it hasn't rained. Previous to that for a few years, yes, it was an absolute joke.
As far as security Abers Pres and his 2 boys and dog slept in a tent at the wicket table in a tent last Fri and Sat so absolutely no sabotage![/quote]

ha. i thought he was joking when he told us.

Anyway, aggree while the pitch was soft early both saturdays, the wicket was a belter late saturday and both sundays.

Well done to foots. Best side all year. Tulla will be strong in Nth div next year.

As far as security Abers Pres and his 2 boys and dog slept in a tent at the wicket table in a tent last Fri and Sat so absolutely no sabotage!

ha. i thought he was joking when he told us.

Anyway, aggree while the pitch was soft early both saturdays, the wicket was a belter late saturday and both sundays.

Well done to foots. Best side all year. Tulla will be strong in Nth div next year.

spot on ... the vtca exec have sent a proposal to the mmvca to take over all turf sides. mulling over it at the moment...also hear t jeffrie talking to a couple of clubs

Big fish small pond.

Wins a granny, then looks to leave the club cos he cant play the higher grade.

Good luck to whoever picks him up.

Big fish small pond.

FUCC need all on board - that includes TJ + two srilankan imports to be any competitive in NTH division.
It's clearly is a better standard than NTH A. So would be a massive loss, no doubt. But as they say it's a free
market - hooray to capitalism - what did Funited think he would be there for 10 years like manning.

Re Achilles. Preece 33, Chand 35, De Silva 28, McKay 32 and De Silva 56 in the second dig all got reasonable starts. When Achilles batted the deck was playing great. He scored 9 caught behind from an ordinary stroke in the first dig and then paddled one to Jeffrey at mid-off and ran himself out.
The deck seemed fine on the 2nd sat but there was a wet patch on a decent length which dried up after tea.
I thought achillies was one of the very few tulla boys that didn't throw his wicket away in the first dig. I didn't see the run out but you don't take on TJ.

As for the run scores for fucc, it certainly helps if the opposition drops catches. If tulla held their catches (preece n mckay) they would have only been chasing 80 odd. I heard there was at least 5. preece was dropped in single digits.

Interesting, thanks for the heads-up. First mistake. If their was any posibility of inclement weather even on a Wed , the covers should have been put on. You don't put it down to bad luck. Second mistake. The council should have been directed to turn off the automatic sprinklers on thursday and to remain off until monday.

Commendable the Pres, two kids and a dog camped near the wicket.Woof Woof.

Big fish small pond.

Bit harsh. T.J. doesn't come cheap. Their are plenty of clubs in Nth "A" and "B" who are willing to pay his price, so why go to a higher level if it's not nescessary. F/U will have a couple of retirements namely Nudger and Preecey. They will have to recruit two players to cover them plus an additional two top five bats to be competitive in the North Div. If T.J. moves on and they don't cover the holes in their batting, they may be able to mount a good case to stay in Nth "A". What dust thou sayest to thatist?

Interesting, thanks for the heads-up. First mistake. If their was any posibility of inclement weather even on a Wed , the covers should have been put on. You don't put it down to bad luck. Second mistake. The council should have been directed to turn off the automatic sprinklers on thursday and to remain off until monday.

Commendable the Pres, two kids and a dog camped near the wicket.

The council have been told all year not to water the ground Thursday to Sunday but I can tell you at least 5 times during the season they watered it on a Friday night. So get off your high horse dingo and if u watched the game batsmen got themselves out and most scores in the VTCA were low after the first day. I’m sick of people bagging us on this site when they have absolutely no idea about what’s going on. Take a look at the semi dingo 500 runs scored not a bad deck if you ask me. Have a good break boys see you all next season.

The deck seemed fine on the 2nd sat but there was a wet patch on a decent length which dried up after tea.
I thought achillies was one of the very few tulla boys that didn't throw his wicket away in the first dig. I didn't see the run out but you don't take on TJ.

As for the run scores for fucc, it certainly helps if the opposition drops catches. If tulla held their catches (preece n mckay) they would have only been chasing 80 odd. I heard there was at least 5. preece was dropped in single digits.

F/U dropped at least 5 as well. " What if, if only,no luck, they had all the luck, what if, what if, what if, what if.

Bit harsh. T.J. doesn't come cheap. Their are plenty of clubs in Nth "A" and "B" who are willing to pay his price, so why go to a higher level if it's not nescessary. F/U will have a couple of retirements namely Nudger and Preecey. They will have to recruit two players to cover them plus an additional two top five bats to be competitive in the North Div. If T.J. moves on and they don't cover the holes in their batting, they may be able to mount a good case to stay in Nth "A". What dust thou sayest to thatist?

I heard on Sunday that FU don’t want to go up anyway. They can’t afford anymore players and don’t think they will be competitive

FUCC need all on board - that includes TJ + two srilankan imports to be any competitive in NTH division.
It's clearly is a better standard than NTH A. So would be a massive loss, no doubt. But as they say it's a free
market - hooray to capitalism - what did Funited think he would be there for 10 years like manning.

If Preece retires as he suggested I think F/U will need to recruit at least 2 top 5 bats to be competitive.

Tulla needs a stike bowler and 2 top 4 bats. A.Scott and D. Scott are not ready.

Back