North A And B

I think it makes it tough to hand out awards for other grades other than the firsts due to a high amount of players being in and out of grades and therefore making it tough to gain a true understanding of the best player in the grade

If they dont wana hand out any awards for the 2nds thats OK. but why does EVERY cricket club have a champion player based on stats, and the whole competition doesnt? no individual batting or bowling awards either?

He should have won, some other bloke should have won blah blah blah

How about you blokes concern yourselves with what you play cricket for............Premierships

Its a team sport, not an individuals game

Hi all,
Just wondering how everyone is going with player signings?
Abers have kept all of there players from last year I believe and are in negotiations we a few new recruits. Hopefully these players will sign on soon.

Supplying his contacts' names it may place him in an awkward position. Abers have many former players who have played Premier Cricket. Any chance of signing them? Nicholas Carrol, Shane Giese, Tom Godsell, Justin Baker, Viv Ion, Mark Williams, Kieran Gray, Antony Keely etc just to name a few.

He should have won, some other bloke should have won blah blah blah

How about you blokes concern yourselves with what you play cricket for............Premierships

Its a team sport, not an individuals game

Players pay about $200 in subs at most clubs and then up to about $10 per week to play. Its a big time/money/lifestyle commitment in someone's life. Of course winning a grand final is the pinacle, but people should be recognised for their individual contributions at ALL levels. Yes, that means even North B2 should award a batting average, bowling average, champion player, GF MVP etc. Its an absolute disgrace that the VTCA skimp on the awards.

I reckon that would be because they had one bloke as captain and another as a coach. So probably would be
OK for a captain and Coach to address d team or groups within a team. What they need is a CC with commitment to stick around for atleast 3 years and have had played at a higher level, contribute preferably with both bat n ball. in the mold of Jeffrey/suarez/ablers - know these blokes don't grow on trees (especially Jeffrey/Albers) & cefrtainly not cheap but they need someone of the similar ilk and he must be up for the challenge to restore some former glory with some aggreement to stay the course and not chase $$'s. Sure not easy to find that but that's what gotta be done. Don't reckon their 1X1 has any flags despite all the money spent and talent in NTH A. But first step make the 4 in NTH B next year and see where that takes 'em.

Enough about Avo, what are the thoughts on other clubs. I know the dust is still not settled on the 2010/11 season yet, nonetheless any news on recruits in VTCA across all NTH Clubs. Few clubs are struggling Albion a good example. Will they be around next season.

The problem with most (not all) clubs at the North B level is they don't have the cash to attract quality individuals. Its the same with English soccer. The money is with the teams in the higher divisions. It takes the lower clubs years to compile a good list. If they ever do then the richer, higher clubs poach the players and the status quo is restored.

Most North B clubs view someone who has played Senior Division as a prized recruit whereas most Senior Division clubs view First Class cricketers (ie State/County players) as prized recruits. I know of a First Class cricketer who interviewed at a North B club 12 months ago and when the club learned that he had played County cricket, they said 'yes, but have you played Senior Division'. I guess its a different world!

Back