North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

BigCoq;406689 said:
North b to have a bye is looking more likekly then unlikely, to late for teams to jump on board at this late stage...
Best of luck to all.
Do we call Kingy, Kachingy from now on :D

Funny that...careful though we are spending a little this year ourselves!! No doubt a fraction other clubs are, but for us any amount over a ton is a lot!!:eek:

roosters hack;406731 said:
Funny that...careful though we are spending a little this year ourselves!! No doubt a fraction other clubs are, but for us any amount over a ton is a lot!!:eek:

People are to sensitive over money get a life or better yet go play in the churches. Pass the hat around.....

u got it spend it you dont got it dont spend it its that simple.....................

u want to spend but dont got it work hard get some sponsors or drink truck loads...................

roosters hack;406731 said:

hows your team shaping up prez????

Guru14;406478 said:

Goose hey, coming from a bloke who claims to know everything that happens to every club/every player and than feels the need to comment on every thing that happens/every players performance and has never even put one half decent performance on the park...

EdgeOverSlips;406767 said:
Goose hey, coming from a bloke who claims to know everything that happens to every club/every player and than feels the need to comment on every thing that happens/every players performance and has never even put one half decent performance on the park...

Your opinion counts for as much as mine, Not much but that's what makes this site good fun, everyone has different opinions on a range of subjects. Hopefully that gives you enough fuel to have another crack, I look forward to it, bit that's just my opinion!

Guru14;406542 said:
Snaggle, can only speak from merlo's point of view, we certainly wouldn't and probably couldn't consider going straight into North A. It's always nice to dream the dream but the decision for the club to move was based on the kids coming through and moving whilst there was still some older heads around to help with the transition. I would think the club considered moving in 1-2 years but based on the experience players nearing the end of their time it made sense to move now and allow the youngsters to grow with the experience still around them. Fingers crossed we can continue to improve and make a good fist of it this year!

Now that appears to be an answer Guru to my question from weeks a go...well done. Maybe it just depends on who asks the question for you to answer??
Now don't come back with drivel - just accept you didn't/wouldn't answer the question of why your club moved to the VTCA after losing a GF the previous year.

Howla;406875 said:
Now that appears to be an answer Guru to my question from weeks a go...well done. Maybe it just depends on who asks the question for you to answer??
Now don't come back with drivel - just accept you didn't/wouldn't answer the question of why your club moved to the VTCA after losing a GF the previous year.

I answered the question at the time Howla with what I knew. After meeting with the Pres and a couple of otheres we discussed the reasons behind the move- pros and cons. There were more pros for them than cons. Not sure how the result of the grand final would influence the clubs decision.

weapons05/06;406761 said:
hows your team shaping up prez????

Not even the "prez" in my own house let alone our little CC ...but yeah i think we will be ok. A little better than last year, if all goes to plan!!;);)

roosters hack;406904 said:
Not even the "prez" in my own house let alone our little CC ...but yeah i think we will be ok. A little better than last year, if all goes to plan!!

cmon now......not long till the praccy match.....my boys are working super hard.....and we will be looking to show you vtca scumbags up.....:rolleyes::eek:;)

weapons05/06;407040 said:
cmon now......not long till the praccy match.....my boys are working super hard.....and we will be looking to show you vtca scumbags up.....:rolleyes::eek:;)

Geez Mate you are putting alot of effort into this Praccy Match...I would reckon your time would be better spent trying to get your blokes into ATurf...seems we will only, more than likely play a half strength Squad and try out a few kids!!

roosters hack;407135 said:
Geez Mate you are putting alot of effort into this Praccy Match...I would reckon your time would be better spent trying to get your blokes into ATurf...seems we will only, more than likely play a half strength Squad and try out a few kids!!

we play albion the week before you blokes so it will be 2 tough hit outs.......

we want to win every game we play......and this attitude will get us somewhere towards a-turf.......and when we win something by all means we will go up......anything wrong with that???

looking forward to it....;)

roosters hack;407135 said:

we want to win every game we play......and this attitude will get us somewhere towards a-turf.......and when we win something by all means we will go up......

looking forward to it....;)

ROY G BIV;406344 said:
Well i''l be very surprised if Pop/Suares were doing it for love of the game.

Have played with and against both, good blokes face to face, better than good criketers at this level, but in team sports how can you be a true team when you know that 1/2 blokes alongside you are ready to pack their bags and head off chasing some bikie$.

all that aside if they play the season out Kingy will certainly have a say in NTH B this season.

why then, did you leave after 3 seasons?

parkcricketer;405054 said:
Without giving away sources, I can guarantee the VTCA does approach clubs. I don't know the stories with Taylors Lakes Laverton or Merlo but I do know they have approached other clubs about looking to make a move in the next couple of years.

Ridiculous. The V.T.C.A. has the integrity and the associations reputation to consider. I can assure you the initial inquiry is made by the club to which the V.T.C.A. has an obligation to respond.

Dingo_Jones;407367 said:
Ridiculous. The V.T.C.A. has the integrity and the associations reputation to consider. I can assure you the initial inquiry is made by the club to which the V.T.C.A. has an obligation to respond.

I can assure you that the VTCA never approached us. We (Merlo) made the initial contact.

bomber27;407445 said:
I can assure you that the VTCA never approached us. We (Merlo) made the initial contact.

Yep..we, the Roosters are in the same boat!! We approached the VTCA when the wheels fell off the churches....we always had planned to move over, we just bought the plan forward a little.

roosters hack;407490 said:
Yep..we, the Roosters are in the same boat!! We approached the VTCA when the wheels fell off the churches....we always had planned to move over, we just bought the plan forward a little.

Just a quick question boys. The last time I played in the VTCA when there was a bye we were scheduled to play the side having a bye in south division. As that won't be the case this year, what will happen this year given we (Merlo) are scheduled to play Aberfeldie twice. Obviously each side will get a bye at least once but for us and Laverton, would we get the maximum points for the round based on our second bye??

I know we are down to play Abers in a one and two dayer but Laverton have been fixtured to play them in 2 two dayers?? Just interested in getting your thoughts on how it may work.

Guru14;407493 said:
Just a quick question boys. The last time I played in the VTCA when there was a bye we were scheduled to play the side having a bye in south division. As that won't be the case this year, what will happen this year given we (Merlo) are scheduled to play Aberfeldie twice. Obviously each side will get a bye at least once but for us and Laverton, would we get the maximum points for the round based on our second bye??

I know we are down to play Abers in a one and two dayer but Laverton have been fixtured to play them in 2 two dayers?? Just interested in getting your thoughts on how it may work.

Guru welcome back to the association. I don't have my rule book to hand. The usual scenario is max points for the second bye.

CheeQuee;406540 said:
From what i'm led to believe Craigieburn did not want to stay in Nth A, so they were out of the question. And Avondale clearly could not be kept up after how poorly they performed last season.
Laverton put in a request to start straight in Nth A i believe but were knocked back and Abers went back up. Probably the right call in the end, as you say but they have been very lucky with promotion/relegation in the last 5 years or so

Wonder how much influence abers president has?:)

bomber27;407445 said:

Good luck Bomber... You know who I am & the decision to go to the VTCA is a good one. Although your deck is in the top 5 in our comp it would be in the bottom 5 of that comp & the ground in general will be :mad:upon.

You will enjoy consistant bounce though being a batsmen, good luck champ!!;);)

Back