North A And B

Good to get a start to the season.... I'm a bit puzzled thou why King & Laverton only played in the seconds whilst the First XI had the day off... Both seconds side heavily stacked. Seconds should have been cancelled and the seniors made to play out of respecting the integrity of the First XI competition.... i suppose we are happy to take the points whilst others share a draw but still not really the right thing....
Where does the rule stand in regards to less than 50% ground availability before we get a start. Clarity please.....

I'll take my slice of humble pie now.
Took 3 wickets and churned out a 30 odd not out in a winning side.

Congrats 'Ledge (old SCC nickname)

Very gracious.

Good to see you back on these forums FatMan_fromthe_Valley.

Now what about eating another humble pie or two for your disgruntled 2007/08 & 2008/09 rants with Uncle Windows.

1st you posted that suares/popov led Seddon would absolutley smash avo in one of the early rnds in the season of 07/08, when the result turned out to be a complete opposite (Avo won outright with half a day to spare) to what you had wished for, funny enough we didn't hear much from you after that.

Also am informed that you made similar predictions about avo (one off your many old clubs) in 08/09 and guess what, disappeared again and no humble pies or even cup cakes offerings there.

but still good to see you are back and on the mark as usual! even though in this case it was more tounge n cheek, but may i add for a change say something postive every now and then?

some interesting results from the firsts weeks play -

Nth A

Jacana & Aberfeldie both win their initial games in that grade
FU smash St Alb
Tulla win in a day that sees 26 wickets fall
Aber Parl/TL be spewing that others have got a headstart on them..

Nth B

Avo H stamp some authority..
Roosters win
all other games washed out

I'll take my slice of humble pie now.
Took 3 wickets and churned out a 30 odd not out in a winning side.

Congrats 'Ledge (old SCC nickname)

Good to see Footscray United smash the "Goat Herders" for the second season in a row. Must have been an entertaining match to watch. Pleased to see T.J. batting at 5 and O'reilly at 6. I hope they go with those batting positions for rest of season. T.J can continue playing his normal game whilst Guido can hold things up if there is a batting collapse. He's a former top class opener and would be a brick wall in that position if circumstances dictated.

What happened to Clutton? Did he bowl with a broken leg or was he bowling his short crap.

Very gracious.

Good to see you back on these forums FatMan_fromthe_Valley.

Now what about eating another humble pie or two for your disgruntled 2007/08 & 2008/09 rants with Uncle Windows.
If I eat more pie I'll put Patties Foods up in Bairnsdale out of business.
But yes - I apologize for those troppo rants.
Must of forgotten my meds those days.

1st you posted that suares/popov led Seddon would absolutley smash avo in one of the early rnds in the season of 07/08, when the result turned out to be a complete opposite (Avo won outright with half a day to spare) to what you had wished for, funny enough we didn't hear much from you after that.
Was pretty bitter at the time in how I was dealt with re. travelling from Whoop Whoop to play.
Guess the milk turned out to be sour and I was stupid enough to skull some.
But I do apologize for that one too.

Also am informed that you made similar predictions about avo (one off your many old clubs) in 08/09 and guess what, disappeared again and no humble pies or even cup cakes offerings there.
See above Patties Foods comment. Only ever played with Sunshine CC, Sunshine YCW, FUCC and Avo. Since moving down here I've been the slab of beef behind the stumps and am batting 6 in A Grade (Central Gippsland CA)

but still good to see you are back and on the mark as usual! even though in this case it was more tounge n cheek, but may i add for a change say something postive every now and then?
Point taken.
I throw the occasional upper-cut now and again and to those that know me I can cop a few back and don't go crying to Mummy when that happens.
A good friend once told me "Don't throw rocks in a glasshouse".

Well fellas you can all rest easy. I had a good look at Merlo's wicket on Sat and, Well it went like this. They slowly peeled the covers back and I noticed the Merlo boys were all looking at me to see my reaction. I must have gone as white as a sheet, cause one of them asked if I needed a stretcher. There before me was one of the greenest decks I have seen for many years and the grass was at least an inch long. Amazing. It's prepared by a council curator. The deck at either end had a bit of a tilt to one side and I immediately thought I've gotta win the toss and put them in. So I lost the toss and they put us in. To cut a long story short it played like a five day old test track. Not that I've ever played test cricket. So Guru congrats on providing a great little deck.
Finally the Merlo boys were absolute gentlemen and the game was played with great spirit and a friendly atmosphere.

Can you still chuck in a bumper now and again ?? Or is the shoulder still FUBAR ?
I remember one day you bouncing a few kids out in the eastern suburbs in the one day comp. Very sharpish I might add too. You would of been a handful to face back in the Bronze Age when you were a bit less long in the tooth.

Good to get a start to the season.... I'm a bit puzzled thou why King & Laverton only played in the seconds whilst the First XI had the day off... Both seconds side heavily stacked. Seconds should have been cancelled and the seniors made to play out of respecting the integrity of the First XI competition.... i suppose we are happy to take the points whilst others share a draw but still not really the right thing....
Where does the rule stand in regards to less than 50% ground availability before we get a start. Clarity please.....

Big fella, I believe if 60% of grounds are available then the round goes ahead. There are a lot of fragile captains out there and they would rather take 3 points each than take the risk of the opposition gaining 6. Stinks.

Can you still chuck in a bumper now and again ?? Or is the shoulder still FUBAR ?
I remember one day you bouncing a few kids out in the eastern suburbs in the one day comp. Very sharpish I might add too. You would of been a handful to face back in the Bronze Age when you were a bit less long in the tooth.

Hi Fat one. Regards to the family. I had to slow down a bit and use the grass on the deck to my advantage. Funny you should ask.There was one guy about 30 years old who was coming on his front foot early so I put one into his skull . Fortunately for him he was wearing his armour(Helmet). Next ball leg stump out of the ground. How dare he get on the front foot early. I thought he was coming down the wicket to introduce himself.

If I eat more pie I'll put Patties Foods up in Bairnsdale out of business.
But yes - I apologize for those troppo rants.
Must of forgotten my meds those days.

Was pretty bitter at the time in how I was dealt with re. travelling from Whoop Whoop to play.
Guess the milk turned out to be sour and I was stupid enough to skull some.
But I do apologize for that one too.

See above Patties Foods comment. Only ever played with Sunshine CC, Sunshine YCW, FUCC and Avo. Since moving down here I've been the slab of beef behind the stumps and am batting 6 in A Grade (Central Gippsland CA)

Point taken.
I throw the occasional upper-cut now and again and to those that know me I can cop a few back and don't go crying to Mummy when that happens.
A good friend once told me "Don't throw rocks in a glasshouse".

Well handled mate. Ever considered going into politics.

we all sulk and say the inappropriate thing now and again, some do so more often than others.

Just couldn't resist when you posted "I'll take my slice of humble pie now".

Pardon the punt but wanted to let that one pass to the keeper first, but then was reminded & had to ask why you didn't adhere to this kinda thinking in the past.

And your good friend is on the mark "Don't throw rocks in a glasshouse", funny that i have heard folks say that as well, may be i know this good friend of yours. well from time to time we are all guilty of throwing rocks in glass houses, yours truly included.

On another note, did you get any runs this season? good luck with your cricket ,good to see you are still playing.
If it matters i reckon you could bat a bit, had some ability there.

Cheers Roy. I'd say having a few squidlets has calmed me down a fair bit. 3rd bubs is due in 6 weeks.
We've only been on the park once this season. Made 31 batting at 6 when we were 4/80 chasing 125 that got us over the line. Last 2 weeks we've been washed out. We play 5 time reigning Premiers Moe this weekend in a one dayer @ home. Our home pitch is a nightmare (putting it nicely). I made 250 runs away from home last year and only 50 at home. Quote Freddy Trueman "It's like bowlin' fookin doughnuts on a fookin shit heap". Should be fun...
My fat guts stopped me from being a better batsmen/keeper. I'd get to 20 odd and get thirsty and just throw my wicket away more often than not. One of the best sledges I ever copped was against St Bernards 5 or so years ago. A BBQ was cooking nearby and the smell drifted across the pitch. The opposing boys told me to hurry up and get out or there would be no hamburgers left for me.

Cheers Roy. I'd say having a few squidlets has calmed me down a fair bit. 3rd bubs is due in 6 weeks.
We've only been on the park once this season. Made 31 batting at 6 when we were 4/80 chasing 125 that got us over the line. Last 2 weeks we've been washed out. We play 5 time reigning Premiers Moe this weekend in a one dayer @ home. Our home pitch is a nightmare (putting it nicely). I made 250 runs away from home last year and only 50 at home. Quote Freddy Trueman "It's like bowlin' fookin doughnuts on a fookin shit heap". Should be fun...
My fat guts stopped me from being a better batsmen/keeper. I'd get to 20 odd and get thirsty and just throw my wicket away more often than not. One of the best sledges I ever copped was against St Bernards 5 or so years ago. A BBQ was cooking nearby and the smell drifted across the pitch. The opposing boys told me to hurry up and get out or there would be no hamburgers left for me.

Geniuses those muffins from St Bernards! shame that's the best some of 'em could do with a private school education.
Great endorsement that for mummy and pappa's $$'s
Congrats with soon to be new addition to the family. Best wishes & keep churning out those 20 n 30's with occasional biguns in between. Always good to hear blokes we once crossed paths with are still enjoying their cricket. Can be a C*** of game @ times.

Since I had the supraspinatus and biceps tendon done I'm back to bowling pace of sorts. These days when I bowl a fast ball the batsman has time to roll a fag, light up, take a puff then play the shot. That pisses me off no end.

I seem to remember you had no trouble slapping me around in the nets.

Incidentally a bit less of the bronze age and long in the tooth observations. I'm thinking of dyeing my hair.

Where has the Guru gone? Has he gone on holiday? I'd be interested to know what he thought of the Avondale experience. Wicket, ground, opposition etc,etc,etc.

The St. Albans boys are a bit quiet. Do they have a plan "B"?

Where has the Guru gone? Has he gone on holiday? I'd be interested to know what he thought of the Avondale experience. Wicket, ground, opposition etc,etc,etc.

St Albans have a few problems that can be fixed but I can't see it happening.
No.1 - J Thrush as Captain. Why the hell would Maccammond,Clutton,Langley-Dunn,Patel listen to anything he has to say? St Albans stuffed up big time re-appointing him. It is common knowledge that John is just an average cricketer and not the best Leader of men(it would be nice to have a heap of superstars in the team and sit back and let it all happen).
No.2 - On paper this team should have no problem dominating. But when you have 4 geniune opening bowlers in the team, at least 2 will have their noses out of joint by being the change bowlers. Nikolic & Langley-Dunn are geniune Opening Bowlers who have proved themselves and deserve to be opening the bowling. But so do Mac & Clutts and no matter what is said there will be 2 bowlers every game with their noses out of place.
The Old saying, A Champion Team will always beat a team of champions. What St Albans need to do is appoint a strong leader who the players want to play for and get them to Gel together for the greater good(not their own personal performance).

The thing is they are clearly the Best team on paper and they will dominate teams during the season, but there are 3 or 4 other teams with depth and character and when it get's hard may just have the edge.

St Albans have a few problems that can be fixed but I can't see it happening.
No.1 - J Thrush as Captain. Why the hell would Maccammond,Clutton,Langley-Dunn,Patel listen to anything he has to say? St Albans stuffed up big time re-appointing him. It is common knowledge that John is just an average cricketer and not the best Leader of men(it would be nice to have a heap of superstars in the team and sit back and let it all happen).
No.2 - On paper this team should have no problem dominating. But when you have 4 geniune opening bowlers in the team, at least 2 will have their noses out of joint by being the change bowlers. Nikolic & Langley-Dunn are geniune Opening Bowlers who have proved themselves and deserve to be opening the bowling. But so do Mac & Clutts and no matter what is said there will be 2 bowlers every game with their noses out of place.
The Old saying, A Champion Team will always beat a team of champions. What St Albans need to do is appoint a strong leader who the players want to play for and get them to Gel together for the greater good(not their own personal performance).

The thing is they are clearly the Best team on paper and they will dominate teams during the season, but there are 3 or 4 other teams with depth and character and when it get's hard may just have the edge.

Interesting observations.

But St Albans issues are with getting enough runs.

Even if the bowlers nose are outta joint, they will still perform against most teams.

They have assembled a good pace bowling attack but ordinary batting lineup, especially agianst sides with a couple
of decent bowlers.

i would be interesed to know who you think these 3/4 other teams are?

They better. & it should be B for Bats.

in their defence the wicket @ st albans may not have been the best to bat on first against FUCC.

Had United 4/30 odd before TJ + O'reilly rescued 'em.

Boys n Girls. rain 100mil predicted in parts of vic this Friday+saturday. (CBD 20mil)
No cricket again if the weather man is correct there.
for some 5 weeks with no cricket.

I thought if you 1sts ground got cancelled, the 1s play at the 2s ground. Don't care really. Craigeburn captain is a nutter. Couldnt play on our deck because there was a wet spot on the pitch (could have played with that) but more importantly the run ups down one end were sinking. Yes we all want to play cricket, but we gotta play at the ground again. We would have chopped it up especially with the 2s playing the day after. Half your guys didn't want to play either. Get over yourself!

On other topics, it looks as though it is an exact replica of last weeks weather; beautiful friday, crappy the next. I am sure we will get a game in by Christmas, won't we? :p

Back