North A And B

Lavo have been strong in the Willy comp for years. Lost the semi last year. Definitely a top 4 side.
I am a bit surprised that Guru has gone quiet!!!!
Still long way out 2 gauge who's who in the zoo.
We lost to kingy but were certainly in it...
Middle order collapse but that happens with pressure of chasing a total.
Bring on the two dayers and some good weather...

Sorry boys been extremely busy at work. Let's see now..... We were extremely disappointing against Avondale, especially with the bat and didn't make enough. Laverton are a good side, very even across the board and a great bunch of guys. We were certainly in the game, had them 4/30. Unfortunately we put down both baker and logan early and didn't have an LB decision against baker go our way and as they say the rest is history. Once they got in both of those batted very very well and baker is the cleanest striker of a cricket ball I have seen for a number of years. The positive for us is that we were certainly in the mix in both games and I think we will only get better from here. Very disappointing to loose the first couple but we will be better moving forward. We've got Seabrook this week and we need to open our account.

Sorry boys been extremely busy at work. Let's see now..... We were extremely disappointing against Avondale, especially with the bat and didn't make enough. Laverton are a good side, very even across the board and a great bunch of guys. We were certainly in the game, had them 4/30. Unfortunately we put down both baker and logan early and didn't have an LB decision against baker go our way and as they say the rest is history. Once they got in both of those batted very very well and baker is the cleanest striker of a cricket ball I have seen for a number of years. The positive for us is that we were certainly in the mix in both games and I think we will only get better from here. Very disappointing to loose the first couple but we will be better moving forward. We've got Seabrook this week and we need to open our account.

Welcome back......

Guru your bowlers appear to be leaking alot of runs. Certainly you need to pick the run rate up. Seems you need to address the leaks as well.

Guru your bowlers appear to be leaking alot of runs. Certainly you need to pick the run rate up. Seems you need to address the leaks as well.

I thouhgt we were ok against Laverton early, however a couple of drop chances really hurt and don't get me wrong Lavo ahve some quality bats. Logan has been good for many years and can't put him down under 10 and Baker as good as you will see in North B. Having said all that crap, we will be better each time we get out there. Keen to get the first one the board and i think there will be a better feel about the place. In relation to my leaks, the body takes awhile to get going these days but we aren't too far away. How are you guys looking given a poor result last start??

I thouhgt we were ok against Laverton early, however a couple of drop chances really hurt and don't get me wrong Lavo ahve some quality bats. Logan has been good for many years and can't put him down under 10 and Baker as good as you will see in North B. Having said all that crap, we will be better each time we get out there. Keen to get the first one the board and i think there will be a better feel about the place. In relation to my leaks, the body takes awhile to get going these days but we aren't too far away. How are you guys looking given a poor result last start??

Unavailabilities are killing us at the moment. Can you believe it, 5 "A" Graders unavailable sat 13th. Kills your whole club. Fortunately it was washed out. Re V's Greenvale last start, the result was very disappointing given we won the toss. We put them in, got them out for 115. Needing 3 runs an over we replied with, all out for 76 from 33 overs.Last 7 bats contributed 17 runs to the total. Eight of our bats were out caught. There can only be one word to describe that performance, and thats, disgusting. Fortunately most of the side if not all are in full concurrance. One more chance for some, then it's wholesale changes. Trouble is, there aint much in the pool. Still some may surprise given a chance.

I was refering to your bowling groups leaking of runs, not you personally. I should have worded it better. Cheers.

Things are getting interesting in A1 with St Albans really struggling and East Keilor with their "prized recruits" doing not much at all. Hearing the coach at EK doesn't have the support of the local players, could turn very bad very quickly if they don't get a win soon. Mercenaries never make good coaches.

Unavailabilities are killing us at the moment. Can you believe it, 5 "A" Graders unavailable sat 13th. Kills your whole club. Fortunately it was washed out. Re V's Greenvale last start, the result was very disappointing given we won the toss. We put them in, got them out for 115. Needing 3 runs an over we replied with, all out for 76 from 33 overs.Last 7 bats contributed 17 runs to the total. Eight of our bats were out caught. There can only be one word to describe that performance, and thats, disgusting. Fortunately most of the side if not all are in full concurrance. One more chance for some, then it's wholesale changes. Trouble is, there aint much in the pool. Still some may surprise given a chance.

I was refering to your bowling groups leaking of runs, not you personally. I should have worded it better. Cheers.

No offence was taken, just the way the post read and I agree with you 100%! Your guys had a nice win and I noticed your skipper got some runs. Quality bat, with a great eye. It was nice to get on the board over the weekend in both the ones and twos hopefully now the boys will be more settled and we will start playing some consistent cricket. Looking forward to St Andrews who were obviously unlucky going just solely on the results, O'Toole just keeps getting runs for them. It's going to be full steam ahead for everyone now till christmas

I was involved in a Tie on the Weekend first in Twenty odd year of cricket.
Poor batting by both sides but some great bowling displays.
Great lesson for the youngsters... never say never!!!!
We dont say crickets a funny game for nnothing!!!!

Foots United's effort needs to be outlined from last weekend doesnt it ?

4/93 chasing 99 and all out for 96

WOW !!

Jacana and Aberfeldie (not Aberfeldie Park) both up from North B and in the 4

Foots United's effort needs to be outlined from last weekend doesnt it ?

4/93 chasing 99 and all out for 96

WOW !!

Jacana and Aberfeldie (not Aberfeldie Park) both up from North B and in the 4

Does VTCA have an ICC equivalent anti corruption body.
If so then they seriously need to look at this:-0

Much needed win for seddon they needed that, needless to say a shocker of a loss for FU.

Another team with a much needed win St Albans, however their batting and lack of a spinner
still a problem for mine especially in big games finals time.

As u say Jacana + Abers off to a dream start

TLakes had a good result as well, EK in some strife, must win this week.

Does VTCA have an ICC equivalent anti corruption body.
If so then they seriously need to look at this:-0

Much needed win for seddon they needed that, needless to say a shocker of a loss for FU.

Another team with a much needed win St Albans, however their batting and lack of a spinner
still a problem for mine especially in big games finals time.

As u say Jacana + Abers off to a dream start

TLakes had a good result as well, EK in some strife, must win this week.

How is everyone's grounds, tracks chances of playing this weekend? Did anyone get the covers down Weds night?

Who are the form teams in north a1, who are the players to watch...

clutton n machammond surely can;t take the st albans to glory. Is junior patel going to make a difference, from all reports not worthy of the coin and the big honchos at st albans getting frustrated with the coin thrown around for no avail ... Stil early so look for them to dominate in the 2 dayers against the weaker opponents to get few out-rights.

zahorodni to be back at tullaalong with windrige coud they go back up to the nth div, one thing is for sure they would need the big Z to go the next level as the current bowling attack looks very average.

Jeffries not looking to slow down continuing to dominate with both ball n bat, he will once again be the key for the united as preece is showing wear and tear despite a 90 odd against a ordinary abers attack. By no means he has passed it, just won;t churn out 500 plus as previous yrs.

jacana are an unknown team with alot of sri lankans...

Tlakes, albion & east keilor look to be in the same boat, look to be a middle of the road team
and once again will come to how jones go.
Albion and east keilor will battle...

Abers park will be lucky to avoid relegation, they needed to pick up a solid bat for them to make a run at the top 4 and by the looks of the prev team they to hv't done that.

interesting to see the number of absences and early departs due to steriosonics (music fest) this wk...

Who are the form teams in north a1, who are the players to watch...

clutton n machammond surely can;t take the st albans to glory. Is junior patel going to make a difference, from all reports not worthy of the coin and the big honchos at st albans getting frustrated with the coin thrown around for no avail ... Stil early so look for them to dominate in the 2 dayers against the weaker opponents to get few out-rights.

zahorodni to be back at tullaalong with windrige coud they go back up to the nth div, one thing is for sure they would need the big Z to go the next level as the current bowling attack looks very average.

Jeffries not looking to slow down continuing to dominate with both ball n bat, he will once again be the key for the united as preece is showing wear and tear despite a 90 odd against a ordinary abers attack. By no means he has passed it, just won;t churn out 500 plus as previous yrs.

jacana are an unknown team with alot of sri lankans...

Tlakes, albion & east keilor look to be in the same boat, look to be a middle of the road team
and once again will come to how jones go.
Albion and east keilor will battle...

Abers park will be lucky to avoid relegation, they needed to pick up a solid bat for them to make a run at the top 4 and by the looks of the prev team they to hv't done that.

interesting to see the number of absences and early departs due to steriosonics (music fest) this wk...

He is their best bat, no debate about that.

St Albans pace attack is good but on a flat tarck in finals would come onto the bat nice.

T Jeffrey for mine is their biigest hurdle this year. Tulla will ofcourse will be in the reckoning, now this is
the gap between NTH A and North Divivsion. Tulla finished last in the latter and are now a genu-iiineee contender.

Lucky hoppers application to go back up in NORTH was upheld otherwise they definitely would have been numero uno in NTH A.

Surprised with Aber park's efforts against St Albans, knew there was ? mark over thei batting but that was pathetic. Looking at the results they were deserving NTH B premiers last year but their fellow B graders Jacana and Abers are off a better start. Albers is getting on a bit needs more support with bat n ball. otherwise the best they could hope 4 is a reprieve from
relegation.

ST Albans, Funited, Tulla , surprised if any if these miss the finals. Not great 1X1 sides but the best NTH A vintage in 2010/11. Fourth spot is ver wide open.

He is their best bat, no debate about that.

St Albans pace attack is good but on a flat tarck in finals would come onto the bat nice.

T Jeffrey for mine is their biigest hurdle this year. Tulla will ofcourse will be in the reckoning, now this is
the gap between NTH A and North Divivsion. Tulla finished last in the latter and are now a genu-iiineee contender.

Lucky hoppers application to go back up in NORTH was upheld otherwise they definitely would have been numero uno in NTH A.

Surprised with Aber park's efforts against St Albans, knew there was ? mark over thei batting but that was pathetic. Looking at the results they were deserving NTH B premiers last year but their fellow B graders Jacana and Abers are off a better start. Albers is getting on a bit needs more support with bat n ball. otherwise the best they could hope 4 is a reprieve from
relegation.

ST Albans, Funited, Tulla , surprised if any if these miss the finals. Not great 1X1 sides but the best NTH A vintage in 2010/11. Fourth spot is ver wide open.

Roy, Aber Park have lost a couple of their better bats from last year in Townsend Booth and italiano, not sure what impact they would have against St Albans though. Last year they had 3 or 4 bats do very well unfortunately Riggio has had a slow start this year to go with the couple of departures.

Guru won't argue much here with ya - because u and many others who crossed paths with 'em in
NTH B know Aber park better than me.

With the exceptioon of Albers there is only one other player i know somewhat.
Saw a bit of Pascu ball against ST Albans last week( + in a final last year0 - as i had the week off.
Pascu balled a couple of OK deliveriers but ran outta puff after couple of overs against the ST Pokies.
If they are to stay up he needs to do more each game and be much better.

Dunno much about Townsend Booth but i see italiano running around in the 2's this season?
Don't reckon that Booth or italiano would have made much difference - maybe instead of being dismissed for 40 odd they would've made 60-70 allout. But on the upside they are 1:1 i have seen teams bounce back and have a solid seasons after
ordinay efforts like that. Looking @ fixtures they have Jacana, Tulla, East Keilor before the christmas break, if they don't
fix their batting they could lose all three? Rain/Wash outs withstanding!

Saw a bit off Funited and Seddon as well, Funited had things under control when i left proceedings - mother of all
batting collapse there- missed all the action.

The other promoted side Aberfeldie could also make room for a bloke by the name for C berzins, saw him bat
a few years back when they were last in NTH A, @ the time in an ordinary batting lineup he looked competent against a quality attack & has made some scores in their 2's this year - so should get a spot in their 1's for mine.

Back