North A And B

He is their best bat, no debate about that.

St Albans pace attack is good but on a flat tarck in finals would come onto the bat nice.

T Jeffrey for mine is their biigest hurdle this year. Tulla will ofcourse will be in the reckoning, now this is
the gap between NTH A and North Divivsion. Tulla finished last in the latter and are now a genu-iiineee contender.

Lucky hoppers application to go back up in NORTH was upheld otherwise they definitely would have been numero uno in NTH A.

Surprised with Aber park's efforts against St Albans, knew there was ? mark over thei batting but that was pathetic. Looking at the results they were deserving NTH B premiers last year but their fellow B graders Jacana and Abers are off a better start. Albers is getting on a bit needs more support with bat n ball. otherwise the best they could hope 4 is a reprieve from
relegation.

ST Albans, Funited, Tulla , surprised if any if these miss the finals. Not great 1X1 sides but the best NTH A vintage in 2010/11. Fourth spot is ver wide open.

You could be right Roy.I think Preece will prove to be the better accumulator of runs though. Time will tell obviously. I don't think Ainge is the answer as an opener. He would be better suited at 7 where he would be an asset for his side. His undoing is that stranglehold he has on the bat handle with his bottom hand. Hoang should be encouraged to come up and open for the sake of the team.

Seems F/U lower order a bit suss against spin. Although the ump gave 4 lbw's which doesn't help.

Apparently Jacana have a competent spinner which could prove interesting when they meet F/U next.

Top 3 will be between St. Alb, F/U and Jacana. Who gets 4, I have no idea. With extreme heat and wet weather a possible threat to finals, teams will need to finish top 2 I would have thought.

Guru won't argue much here with ya - because u and many others who crossed paths with 'em in
NTH B know Aber park better than me.

With the exceptioon of Albers there is only one other player i know somewhat.
Saw a bit of Pascu ball against ST Albans last week( + in a final last year0 - as i had the week off.
Pascu balled a couple of OK deliveriers but ran outta puff after couple of overs against the ST Pokies.
If they are to stay up he needs to do more each game and be much better.

Dunno much about Townsend Booth but i see italiano running around in the 2's this season?
Don't reckon that Booth or italiano would have made much difference - maybe instead of being dismissed for 40 odd they would've made 60-70 allout. But on the upside they are 1:1 i have seen teams bounce back and have a solid seasons after
ordinay efforts like that. Looking @ fixtures they have Jacana, Tulla, East Keilor before the christmas break, if they don't
fix their batting they could lose all three? Rain/Wash outs withstanding!

Saw a bit off Funited and Seddon as well, Funited had things under control when i left proceedings - mother of all
batting collapse there- missed all the action.

The other promoted side Aberfeldie could also make room for a bloke by the name for C berzins, saw him bat
a few years back when they were last in NTH A, @ the time in an ordinary batting lineup he looked competent against a quality attack & has made some scores in their 2's this year - so should get a spot in their 1's for mine.

Roy I do agree that the two of them may not have made a huge difference, But the were 2/30 odd and then all out for 47 or so. Albers has made the difference between them being in A1 and not still in b1 no doubt about it but he has also got some blokes getting better results then they have ever been able to in the past. I think you are harse on Pascu, IMO one of better young bowlers I've seen, he takes on a massive workload each time they bowl and was a little out of sorts against St Albans. Apparently bowled very well against Seddon without any luck at all. They are on desperate need of a couple of quality bats and unfortunately have been unable to get their Sri lankan back from a couple of years ago, from all reports a very very good bat. As you say they have 3 very big games till Christmas, 3 losses and their season is done and then it's a fight to stay where they are, only time will tell.

The other promoted side Aberfeldie could also make room for a bloke by the name for C berzins, saw him bat
a few years back when they were last in NTH A, @ the time in an ordinary batting lineup he looked competent against a quality attack & has made some scores in their 2's this year - so should get a spot in their 1's for mine.

is the Berzins you're talking about a left or right hander ? there are 2 of them

if the left hander he would have to be the most awkward looking bat you would ever see, played them 2 years back as well and he looked like he was going to be cleaned up and hurt the way he played at some of our quicks

the right handed brother/cousin is a quality bat from what I've seen, he bats 3 for them

is the Berzins you're talking about a left or right hander ? there are 2 of them

if the left hander he would have to be the most awkward looking bat you would ever see, played them 2 years back as well and he looked like he was going to be cleaned up and hurt the way he played at some of our quicks

the right handed brother/cousin is a quality bat from what I've seen, he bats 3 for them

Should the VTCA consider changing next week match from a 2 day match to a 1 day match, then play the
sunday match on the saturday, i notice the subbies have changed all there matches to xmas to 1 dayers

I remeber a RH bat short fella batting at 3, made only 10 - 25 runs but looked promoising in a with all due respect below par batting side. Althouhg NYhuss gets a bit of slack from some - he is a good bat. needs to control his ego and bat to make 50-100 instead boof a 30-40. Alos H Moore who plays at Doutta now looked promosing in a Abers side losing each week. He's done
OK at doutta in last couple of years - have mentioned this about Moore before, they need to keep young juniors like him to move forward.

Roy I do agree that the two of them may not have made a huge difference, But the were 2/30 odd and then all out for 47 or so. Albers has made the difference between them being in A1 and not still in b1 no doubt about it but he has also got some blokes getting better results then they have ever been able to in the past. I think you are harse on Pascu, IMO one of better young bowlers I've seen, he takes on a massive workload each time they bowl and was a little out of sorts against St Albans. Apparently bowled very well against Seddon without any luck at all. They are on desperate need of a couple of quality bats and unfortunately have been unable to get their Sri lankan back from a couple of years ago, from all reports a very very good bat. As you say they have 3 very big games till Christmas, 3 losses and their season is done and then it's a fight to stay where they are, only time will tell.

Don't mean to be harsh just made a comment about him on what i have seen on 2 occassions.
Against a St Albans batting side which has been their achilles heel for few year now, especially when face with good
bowlers, he looked unthreatening - from everone i hear they say the same thing as you about him being a quality bowler.
I don't argue with that as i have not seen much of him. From past results it would suggest Albers + pascu are 2 reasons Aber Park are in NTH A.

You could be right Roy.I think Preece will prove to be the better accumulator of runs though. Time will tell obviously. I don't think Ainge is the answer as an opener. He would be better suited at 7 where he would be an asset for his side. His undoing is that stranglehold he has on the bat handle with his bottom hand. Hoang should be encouraged to come up and open for the sake of the team.

Seems F/U lower order a bit suss against spin. Although the ump gave 4 lbw's which doesn't help.

Apparently Jacana have a competent spinner which could prove interesting when they meet F/U next.

Top 3 will be between St. Alb, F/U and Jacana. Who gets 4, I have no idea. With extreme heat and wet weather a possible threat to finals, teams will need to finish top 2 I would have thought.

Yes Sure, TJ, Preece 2 best bats in that side. Preece's weakness is d short ball bodyline style, makes him look uncomfortable (most batters struggle against that stuff @ times) but dunno if it gets him out. Delivery have seen him struggle against is the one that decks in from just outside off, seen his off peg knocked back/LBW on more than a few times.

Their keeper has also has 2 solid seasons, last season was average his numbers
are deflated by a big score againts an ordinary Avo side. But he's useful, along with O'reilly,Ainge and some young fellas look promising. But both O'reilly + Ainge's best are behind them, this is not to say they can't be dangerous, few year back now i remember O'reilly being a top open bat among the best i have seen in NTH A but recent years have been very lean. Nevertheless both experienced men nad their know how can still be valuable. If you get TJ + Preece cheap they can crumble for a low score though, have seen them collapse for less than a 100 atleast few times in recent years.

Jacana's batting is a worry like all NTH B sides, their strength is bowling.

Most people think St.Albans will finish in the top 2, there must be some serious doubts about this. We all no there bowling is very good but there batting to be honest is very poor. Last year was the same with all the talk how good they are and they still did not finish in the top 2. With the season they way it is they would won't to get there skates on. Don't forget they were 7 for 63 in there 2nd dig. There batting has a lot in common with Scott Muller.

Most people think St.Albans will finish in the top 2, there must be some serious doubts about this. We all no there bowling is very good but there batting to be honest is very poor. Last year was the same with all the talk how good they are and they still did not finish in the top 2. With the season they way it is they would won't to get there skates on. Don't forget they were 7 for 63 in there 2nd dig. There batting has a lot in common with Scott Muller.

North A - How are the grounds/wickets looking for this week?
Abers
F.United
Jacana
St Albans
Tullamarine

St Albans will not even finish in the top four. Their batting is deplorable. I'm tipping Tulla might be the darkhorse side this year.

Just like to say great to get our first win in the 1s of the VTCA. It was a long wait but we got there in the end. Our bowlers did it for us, bowling superbly to get one of the new teams out for 74. Now to the Roosters for back to back wins. With a couple of good 1s players to come back and only 1 missing for next week, will be a great game if the weather holds out.

Just like to say great to get our first win in the 1s of the VTCA. It was a long wait but we got there in the end. Our bowlers did it for us, bowling superbly to get one of the new teams out for 74. Now to the Roosters for back to back wins. With a couple of good 1s players to come back and only 1 missing for next week, will be a great game if the weather holds out.

Well done to St Andrews ...Sat'dee night must've been a biggee ....I'm sure our boys will be ready for a fight next weekend and keep our hold on the inter club Trophy!!

I think the top 3 in A1 are almost locked in, 4th place is still up for grabs and East Keilor are unbackable montys for relegation. Any thoughts?

Well done to St Andrews ...Sat'dee night must've been a biggee ....I'm sure our boys will be ready for a fight next weekend and keep our hold on the inter club Trophy!!

I think this year we will bring it back where it rightfully belongs. I am hoping to be right but am 50/50 with a niggle here and there. Wouldn't be that big of a miss anyway lol. Your team looks the same except you don't have the import, and last year it was he along who beat us, making about 80 and taking 3 wickets. I think we lost by 20 or so. it will be a good game anyway.

I think the top 3 in A1 are almost locked in, 4th place is still up for grabs and East Keilor are unbackable montys for relegation. Any thoughts?

Going a bit early there mate.

Still between 6-7 games to go.

Tulla juts had a shochking loss and Aberfeldie CC can't recall the last time they made A1 finals.

Aber Park are sitting 4th but could only muster 47 against St Albans last rnd - after that result some here
were tipping them to be relegated? So with all the rain around @ this stage of the season "a week is a long time in NTH A" pardon the pun. A lot of water to go under the bridge!

terrible call, 1.5 games seperate 1st and 9th with 1st on 31pts and 4th on 25

to finish 4th in the last few years you needed 90 pts or more, even with the 1 dayers effecting the amount of points team can accumulate at this time of the year there is major water to go under the bridge before declaring anyone finals certainties

have to say Aberfeldie are doing well winning 3 games :confused: dont think anyone on hear would have predicted that. They were a last minute call up so well done to them on proving that decision a good one. When last in Nth A would they have won 3 games int he last few seasons they played in the grade ? do they have any new blood down there assisting with this ? I see the same old names amongst the runs and wickets although it looks from the names they have a Indian that hasn't been there before this season ??

it is interesting to see how the promoted teams are going in North A. Yes Jacana and Aberfeldie Park have picked up a couple of players from higher up, Greenvale and imports, but Aberfeldie has picked up only one player. Seeing them play last season and not being impressed, it is interesting how well they are doing so far. It does show that there might not be a lot of difference (yes there will be some) in A and B. I might be wrong as I haven't seen the standard. Any thoughts on this? Has Aberfeldie just fluked a couple of wins?

having a look at the game you played them in last year and washing that against last weeks side who beat Taylors Lakes there is actually 5 players different in the Aberfeldie side to when you played them

those missing that you played against were the Indian, Shannahan there spinner who would be one of there best bowlers over the last 4 seasons, T Berzins the #3 who was spoken about on here last week and Coglan the bowler who is one of there stalwarts over the past 10 years.

certainly appears that they have gone with experience and that may be the reason it's working for them, this would be the second year for Ingleton down there as well so maybe that has worked for them too ?

some food for thought

I see the Leece brothers arent playing in there firsts this season one not at all, maybe he's gone to another club ?

having a look at the game you played them in last year and washing that against last weeks side who beat Taylors Lakes there is actually 5 players different in the Aberfeldie side to when you played them

those missing that you played against were the Indian, Shannahan there spinner who would be one of there best bowlers over the last 4 seasons, T Berzins the #3 who was spoken about on here last week and Coglan the bowler who is one of there stalwarts over the past 10 years.

certainly appears that they have gone with experience and that may be the reason it's working for them, this would be the second year for Ingleton down there as well so maybe that has worked for them too ?

some food for thought

I see the Leece brothers arent playing in there firsts this season one not at all, maybe he's gone to another club ?

One is injured the other cant get a gig at the moment but making a few starts in our 2's. One good score and he will be back up

Back