North A And B

One is injured the other cant get a gig at the moment but making a few starts in our 2's. One good score and he will be back up

Probably why the team is doing well with these two not in the side. seems like a different culture. great blokes, but the bowling twin wouldnt open the bowling in most 2nds sides.

it appears they have got new blood in over the last couple of years thats got them moving in the right direction???

A bit harsh on the bowler (smokey) has had reasonable results over last few years. I think the big difference has been the new coach James Ingleton really changed they way we go about things and getting a few other players has helped as well. Got some good young players coming through as well

who are the hardest teams to play at their home ground?

St Albans at st albans, and tulla at tulla stand out for me.

Jacana on their dirt pitch also.

So come on guys, what are everyones thoughts on how A and B are shaping up? I know its a bit early but some teams are starting to stand out.
Looks like Preecey is leading from the front for FU and may be hard to beat. Tulla also got some quality back so will be up there. They look like the standouts with St Albans the disappointment. Capable but have been for the last couple of years and done nothing so will that continue? The rest will compete for a finals place but can't see them progressing much further.
In B, Laverton look the goods especially given they came with a strong reputation. Greenvale going well but they have always been a strong 2s side so not unexpected really. It's really a blanket over nearly all the teams with it very even. Craigieburn look to have improved on last year so will be up there and Roosters have started better this year so may be a chance. The old stagers that have been around for a while like Flemington, Kingsville and Avondale will all fight it out with the new kids in town to make the 4. Anyone's guess what it will end up.
I'll try for FU, Tulla, St.Albans and Abers in A and in Nth B go with Laverton, and then a blanket over Craigieburn, Greenvale, Roosters and Flemington.

So come on guys, what are everyones thoughts on how A and B are shaping up? I know its a bit early but some teams are starting to stand out.
Looks like Preecey is leading from the front for FU and may be hard to beat. Tulla also got some quality back so will be up there. They look like the standouts with St Albans the disappointment. Capable but have been for the last couple of years and done nothing so will that continue? The rest will compete for a finals place but can't see them progressing much further.
In B, Laverton look the goods especially given they came with a strong reputation. Greenvale going well but they have always been a strong 2s side so not unexpected really. It's really a blanket over nearly all the teams with it very even. Craigieburn look to have improved on last year so will be up there and Roosters have started better this year so may be a chance. The old stagers that have been around for a while like Flemington, Kingsville and Avondale will all fight it out with the new kids in town to make the 4. Anyone's guess what it will end up.
I'll try for FU, Tulla, St.Albans and Abers in A and in Nth B go with Laverton, and then a blanket over Craigieburn, Greenvale, Roosters and Flemington.

FU and Tulla impressive for mine.

Tulla some good bats led by Elstone(the pommy pro - earlier this year got a county contract) and windridge + ably
supported by a couple others. Question mark over their bowling for mine - the pom bats and has a go @
bit of offspin but no one to rip a big game open.

FUnited stocks have gone up with the inclusion of two Srilankan Bowling imports and we all know about
TJ, preecee and co. The imports as expected have strengthened their bowling and that was their big weakness last few
years. looking good. TJ has an imppressive record in this grade - not so good in sen dev.

St albans on the back of their quicks will always be a danger to any frontrunners - reckon they'll make the 4.

Abers not sure about them , i woudn't have them up there in 4 but @ this stage they are a as good a chance as any.

We'll find a bit more about NTH B premiers Aber Park this weekend they are chasing 250 against Tulla - if they
can snatch a win then definitely their stocks will rise.

Nth B is over.....Laverton Premiers 2010/11.....the rest are rubbish.........:eek:

ease up hero, who have you beat so far. If you do your homework you have played all the bottom teams and when you played greenvale you played against there 5ths through unavaliabilities. Dont get to far ahead of yourself there.

ease up hero, who have you beat so far. If you do your homework you have played all the bottom teams and when you played greenvale you played against there 5ths through unavaliabilities. Dont get to far ahead of yourself there.

Not to worry champ the man is not a Lavo boy just a Willy comp boy who thinks they have a superior competition.
Just funny that most of their top teams keep jumping ship.
If it bleeds u can kill it.

Not to worry champ the man is not a Lavo boy just a Willy comp boy who thinks they have a superior competition.

Thanks Big one for the game on Sat was enjoyable, feeling stuffed but.

we'll just wait & see how the great roosters go against them wont we...................:p

Back