North A And B

word is that Godsell only playing this and one more game before heading overseas
Yes heard that as well.
Not sure if true but heard that he's palying at abers because he coudln't commit to a
full season at his district club where he mainly played twos but had some 1X1 caps as well.
May go back to district cricket next year?

PLAYING IN SHIT. Called in to Robert bruce Reserve the other day, currently used by Taylors lakes formerly Albions home ground, to do a bit of sprint work. Counted 69 Ibis wandering around the ground. Then I noticed an unusual amount of shit around the ground and I thought "can't be that many dogs using this ground". On closer inspection I realised it wasn't dog shit but infact Ibis droppings. The droppings measured about an inch to two inches long. It was every where, every which way I looked about a metre and a half apart. Disgusting!!! Glad I don"t play there.

Nothing a couple of double bungers and a few Sky rockets won't fix I suppose.:)

PLAYING IN SHIT. Called in to Parsons Reserve the other day, currently used by Taylors lakes formerly Albions home ground, to do a bit of sprint work. Counted 69 Ibis wandering around the ground. Then I noticed an unusual amount of shit around the ground and I thought "can't be that many dogs using this ground". On closer inspection I realised it wasn't dog shit but infact Ibis droppings. The droppings measured about an inch to two inches long. It was every where, every which way I looked about a metre and a half apart. Disgusting!!! Glad I don"t play there.

Nothing a couple of double bungers and a few Sky rockets won't fix I suppose.:)
Think you've got your grounds mixed up, Taylors Lakes don't play cricket at Parsons Reserve, Grand United do. The only Albion connection is that the Albion football club play there.

Does anyone on here know what happend between Taylors Lakes and St Francis on the weekend the result shows it is being disputed?????

Think you've got your grounds mixed up, Taylors Lakes don't play cricket at Parsons Reserve, Grand United do. The only Albion connection is that the Albion football club play there.
Thanks fairgo. Correction noted and made. In fact it is Robert Bruce reserve, Station road Deer Park.

Interested to see the outcome of the MPSMCC dispute v St Andrews North B2 result given ground not prepared due to 11 St Andrews players not available due to big day out commitments. Bet the covers didn't go down Thursday night either!

Come on what is going on with this site this season....no banter no nothing! Finals now...Abers in and this year a real chance but we've said that before haven't we!

North A - What's the predictions for this week?
West Coburg v Abers - Playing at WC really evens this game up. Abers gun bats in Magafas & Taylor won't like playing on that disgraceful pitch. In saying that Taylor and Macullum are likely to rip through WC batting line up. Toss of a coin but I think there will be an out-right result
Pegs v St Albans - 2 in form teams. St Albans need to win due to their failure to produce in the finals over the past 4 years when spending up big. Pizaro who is a nice bloke on huge $$$'s needs to justify his pay packet becuase his performances over the past 2 YEARS have been ordinary for someone paid so highly. Either way he won't be there next year, lot of unrest from the playing group, but winning after xmas hides that very well. Pegs discipline for mine will get them over the line,
Good Luck to the 4 teams playing, hope you put on a good show

North A - What's the predictions for this week?
West Coburg v Abers - Playing at WC really evens this game up. Abers gun bats in Magafas & Taylor won't like playing on that disgraceful pitch. In saying that Taylor and Macullum are likely to rip through WC batting line up. Toss of a coin but I think there will be an out-right result
Pegs v St Albans - 2 in form teams. St Albans need to win due to their failure to produce in the finals over the past 4 years when spending up big. Pizaro who is a nice bloke on huge $$$'s needs to justify his pay packet becuase his performances over the past 2 YEARS have been ordinary for someone paid so highly. Either way he won't be there next year, lot of unrest from the playing group, but winning after xmas hides that very well. Pegs discipline for mine will get them over the line,
Good Luck to the 4 teams playing, hope you put on a good show
NTH A
Yep PEGS v Aber granny.
will be a good contest. Aber big names always a danger can take it away from PEGS.

West B
Werribee Centrals v St Andrews GF
WC to win.

NTH A
Yep PEGS v Aber granny.
will be a good contest. Aber big names always a danger can take it away from PEGS.

West B
Werribee Centrals v St Andrews GF
WC to win.

For what its worth PEGS have lost their Gun bowler Linley and the StAlbans bats have been on fire. On that basis StAlbans happy or not they are a Profesional outfit. PEGS extremly well drilled but think missing Linley will highlight some deficiencies.
West Coburg best bowling side in the comp Abers a lot of game changers in that outfit and for the money they have outlayed they better get in the big dance.
I think Abers only because they have a few more X factors than West Coburg. West Coburg very suspect in the batting department. Speaking of Xfactors how well has Chundray gone this year he has to be the glue of that side.
Best of luck to all the finalist!!!!!

An intersesting day on an interesting track. From 8/73 Abers eked out 120 with a handy 8th wicket stand after Mags and Gray played OK for a while. Some shot selection early on didn't help. Any way runs on the board in a final helps. WC still need to make them so a couple wickets early and who knows? Scoreboard pressure, etc. The cliches keep coming!

St Albans FAIL again. Where to from here? Captain Pizaro had a chance to put himself up the order and bat with Harman to Victory, earn some respect but again, chose the easy option. I cannot see how he can stay there next year, the players just don't play for him and he had an opportunity Sunday to earn the respect but didn't, very poor.
Abers - probably a bigger failure than St Albans considering the $30k it cost them for Gav,Pete & Johnny.
Not meaning to have a dig at either club but reality is if they are going to spend huge $$$'s then they are open for any crticisim that comes their way when they fail.
Good luck to the best 2 teams all year, shaping up to be a good game of cricket

St Albans FAIL again. Where to from here? Captain Pizaro had a chance to put himself up the order and bat with Harman to Victory, earn some respect but again, chose the easy option. I cannot see how he can stay there next year, the players just don't play for him and he had an opportunity Sunday to earn the respect but didn't, very poor.
Abers - probably a bigger failure than St Albans considering the $30k it cost them for Gav,Pete & Johnny.
Not meaning to have a dig at either club but reality is if they are going to spend huge $$$'s then they are open for any crticisim that comes their way when they fail.
Good luck to the best 2 teams all year, shaping up to be a good game of cricket
Yes once again Abers open to criticism but the 3 mentioned actually had reasonable to good years as did Ravy & Tommy (when available). It is the next tier that need to step up and be consistent 1sts players and not be content with 1 or 2 good scores for the season

Congrats to PEGS & Wests on making the big dance and earning promotion to North Division next season. A sensational effort from Wests to achieve consecutive promotions, they'll be hoping they can go one better than last season and claim the ultimate prize. Only a pass mark from PEGS so far after completing the double drop over the last 2 years.

Wests will take a lot of confidence from last weeks nail-biting victory over the cash cows from Abers (did Godsell travel back to the UK in cargo?!). Word is that Wests have struggled to hold their nerve in cut throat finals over the last 5 years or so, but the skipper Appleyard (what can't he do?!) and veteran Portelli (against his naturally attacking instincts) were able to guide them home under severe pressure 8 wickets down.

PEGS have had a brilliant year with the bat, as you should on the highway they bat on every couple of weeks. But they wont come across a more relentless attack than Wests. Appleyard and Chaudary have bowled a plethora of overs each and dominated the wickets tally at a miserly economy. The back-up comes in the form of Greenwood (who took the big wickets of Gray, Magafas & Taylor last week) and the leggie Vithana who hits a great spot time after time. It will require an enormously patient and disciplined batting effort from PEGS to conquer this combination. Batepola and Hannah have had monster seasons with the stick and look the obvious two to lead the way, along with Yalamanchili who can take the game away from you in a short space of time. A score in the vicinity of 200 in the first dig would be a huge tick for the PEGS boys and put them right in the game.

Wests batting vs PEGS bowling is the intriguing part of this granny. Batepola will once again be relied upon to make early inroads to the Redbacks line-up, but they'll really miss Linley (unless he makes a Godsell-like return?) who's gone back to the old dart. Otherwise they lack strike bowlers and on a good wicket at Walter St it could be very hard yakka for them. Having said that, Wests batting is not exactly inspiring, which a top score of 18 in the Semi would suggest. I’m tipping De Silva to break the shackles and make 50+ in the first dig. They don’t have anyone else in their arsenal to up the tempo consistently enough (Chaudary and Portelli are capable).

So in conclusion it makes for a hard fought war of attrition which I believe will go down to the wire late on the final afternoon. I’m tipping West Coburg to continue their hot streak and make it 12 wins on the trot to round off a remarkable season.

West Coburg by 3 wickets, Man of the Match – Raj Aiyappan (polished all-rounder, didn’t even mention him earlier!)

In North B, Craigieburn to be victorious in a massive upset with a champion team against Haig's team of champions. Bury to be best afield.

Good luck to all involved!!!

Back