North A And B

Do we know what happened at the PEGS vs West Coburg game. The scores still showing 4/26. Did they get a start on sunday like the rest of the teams in vtca or they just havent updated the scores?????
If they didnt get on why not?????

No play day 2. I think you'll find a lot of games in the North didn't get any play on Sunday due to the storm
Not sure about Sunday im sure it didnt rain then most games got going on Sunday.
Senior Div:Sat/Sun 93 overs. Seconds Sat/Sun 119 overs. Northern: Sat/Sun 113 overs.Seconds Sat/Sun 98 overs. North A1: Sat/Sun 23 overs????
North A2:Sat/Sun 29 overs??? North B1: Sat/Sun 28 overs??? North B2:Sat/Sun ???
West B1: Sat/Sun 103 overs.West B2: Sat/Sun 38 overs.
I dont profess to being a weather man but i doubt that the weather played a part in Sundays cricket. I would think that incompetence from some may be closer to the mark and West Coburg would be bleeding if that was the case. Happy to be enlightened as opposed to jumping to conclusions, have to admit doesnt look good.

Not sure about Sunday im sure it didnt rain then most games got going on Sunday.
Senior Div:Sat/Sun 93 overs. Seconds Sat/Sun 119 overs. Northern: Sat/Sun 113 overs.Seconds Sat/Sun 98 overs. North A1: Sat/Sun 23 overs????
North A2:Sat/Sun 29 overs??? North B1: Sat/Sun 28 overs??? North B2:Sat/Sun ???
West B1: Sat/Sun 103 overs.West B2: Sat/Sun 38 overs.
I dont profess to being a weather man but i doubt that the weather played a part in Sundays cricket. I would think that incompetence from some may be closer to the mark and West Coburg would be bleeding if that was the case. Happy to be enlightened as opposed to jumping to conclusions, have to admit doesnt look good.

The northern suburbs copped an absolute hammering on Saturday night. I dare say that going on your stats there must have been more rain in Ascot Vale, Oak Park & East Keilor than in Altona, Spotswood & Laverton!!!!

The northern suburbs copped an absolute hammering on Saturday night. I dare say that going on your stats there must have been more rain in Ascot Vale, Oak Park & East Keilor than in Altona, Spotswood & Laverton!!!!
Yer not sure on that one i live in Maribrynong it was wild and wooly and my club is in Altona we had a game on Sat 30 overs in only but Sunday was okay. Its all about the covers Surely.
Anyhow im sure PEGS would be rapt and West Coburg would be gutted.

Yer not sure on that one i live in Maribrynong it was wild and wooly and my club is in Altona we had a game on Sat 30 overs in only but Sunday was okay. Its all about the covers Surely.

Gutted? West Coburg are surely in the box seat with 2 days to go, weather permitting!!!!

Game was called at roughly 1:30 due to the state of the ground by the umpires.
Being played at Flemington CC and they basically have covers that cover 2 pitches and barely any of the run ups so the rain got on a decent portion of the wicket table and left the ground in bad condition.
Better research in to all club facilities needs to be done before choosing a GF venue.

In regards to the game situation West still in a great spot, on that ground if they keep them under 100 should be a comfortable win.

Good games for all bowlers so far !

Game was called at roughly 1:30 due to the state of the ground by the umpires.
Being played at Flemington CC and they basically have covers that cover 2 pitches and barely any of the run ups so the rain got on a decent portion of the wicket table and left the ground in bad condition.
Better research in to all club facilities needs to be done before choosing a GF venue.

In regards to the game situation West still in a great spot, on that ground if they keep them under 100 should be a comfortable win.

Good games for all bowlers so far !

Bonesaw thats a more logical explanation covers were inadequate. VTCA let themselves down with ground selection no doubt. Loosing a days play is not ideal it opens the door for PEGS. 4 day granny for a reason.

Bonesaw thats a more logical explanation covers were inadequate. VTCA let themselves down with ground selection no doubt. Loosing a days play is not ideal it opens the door for PEGS. 4 day granny for a reason.
With just two days play left, chances of it going into a 2nds innings are now pretty low. Thus the side that is 4/20odd would struggle to get a decent total for a first innings win.

West Coburg would be pretty happy i would say.

Its a 4 day GF for exactly this reason - if a day (or two) gets washed out, you can still get a result. Great idea.

With just two days play left, chances of it going into a 2nds innings are now pretty low. Thus the side that is 4/20odd would struggle to get a decent total for a first innings win.

West Coburg would be pretty happy i would say.

Its a 4 day GF for exactly this reason - if a day (or two) gets washed out, you can still get a result. Great idea.

Pegs have a better chance of dead batting a draw i would think.

Heard that Phil Crea was Red Carded Saturday and that 5 people were evicted from the playing area during the WC v St Albans game. I only heard this 2nd hand, was anyone there or played in the game that can comment?

Heard that Phil Crea was Red Carded Saturday and that 5 people were evicted from the playing area during the WC v St Albans game. I only heard this 2nd hand, was anyone there or played in the game that can comment?

I see Phil was played this week so he couldn't of done too much wrong.
Interesting results this week. Will St Albans make 200 at any stage this year without their overpaid batsmen who were either told not to come back or fled to pommy land??
Seddon look well placed against Aberfeldie. The loser will be 1 and 2 and along way behind at this early stage....
Haig also look well placed to remain unbeaten against Altona.
Taylors Lakes made a massive score against St Andrews. Couldn't see them chasing down 390.....
Who are the favourites to make the finals at this early stage????

Word is that Seddon lost their opening bowler late in the day @ aberfeldie with a hammy, which brings their total of 1st 11 fast bowlers out of action this season to 3 so they could be up against it with an aberfeldie batting line up that goes deep.
The big surprise I heard was that it was an excellent deck that had a bit in it for everyone so it may not be a surprise if the aberfeldians get over the line.
Was it true that this game had no official umpire due to a duplication in umpiring appointments by the vtca

Has there been a bigger decline in world sport than that of John Taylor? This guy has played state cricket, premier ones and made big hundreds in senior divisions, yet is wallowing down in north a with just 2 50s from 15 hits?

Has there been a bigger decline in world sport than that of John Taylor? This guy has played state cricket, premier ones and made big hundreds in senior divisions, yet is wallowing down in north a with just 2 50s from 15 hits?

He is definitely nowhere near the player he used to be and given the amount of money that Abers are spending I'm sure there are some serious questions being asked of there much talked about and overpaid players given their start to the year. Anyone know anything about Haig Fawkner and Taylors Lakes new fast bowlers?
Rumour is they are both much too quick for this comp. Might be why they are sitting 1st and 2nd at the moment.

Has been damaged goods for a number of years pity Abers didn't do there research!! Now they will be $40,000 plus down the tubes ( culture down there ?)

Back