North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

He who knows best;320022 said:
some mammoth results over the weekend

Parkville beat AV heights and put them out of the 4 for the first time all year

Albion look like getting away from the relegation race with an OUTRIGHT over GREENVALE

Less than 1 point seperates 4th/5th/6th

Abers 100% to be relegated now after the Albion result while anyone from East Keilor/Albion/Seddon could still somehow manage to find themselves saying bye bye to North B

You'er correct there mate...some massive results.

3rd and 4th placed sides prior to this round Greenvale and Avondale losing has open the whole thing up...makes last 2 round of matches in Nth A very tense i reckon the sides occuping the 3rd to 7th spots on the ladder are a chance to finish anywhere. Finals are a chance for everyone. There will be some one that got away/hard luck stories come the end of final rnd some one will miss out by a whisker.

For the first eight rnds of this season top 4 remained the same with Tulla, KP, AH, Greenvale. And you'r correct again about Avondale being outtta the top 4 for the first time this season and also Greenvale having to play Tulla and KP have some work to do to stay in.

Bottom of the ladder Albion outright results over Greenvale has to be the shock of the season not just a win but an outright! I suspect an ordinary pitch prepeared helped albions cause, but conditions were same for both sides or am i wrong there?

My smokey for the flag was Avondale mainly becuase i reckon they have the best fast bowler and spinner in Nth A but they are in danger of missing out altogether. You have to admire Westmeadows performances to make their way into the 4th spots.

some very intersting games this week.

what does everyone else reckon will happen from 3rd to 7th placed teams on the ladder who will miss out and who will make it.

i still reckon: tulla, kp, greenvale ,avondale will make for a good final series and having played against all 4 i think flag will be up for grabs to all 4. westmeadows in reality may pip one of Avondale or Greenvale outta the 4 and good luck to them they are a good side
with soild cricketers but lack the class in my humble opinion to win the flag. But who knows they might prove me wrong and again good luck to them if they do.

ROY G BIV;320032 said:

3rd and 4th placed sides prior to this round Greenvale and Avondale losing has open the whole thing up...makes last 2 round of matches in Nth A very tense i reckon the sides occuping the 3rd to 7th spots on the ladder are a chance to finish anywhere. Finals are a chance for everyone. There will be some one that got away/hard luck stories come the end of final rnd some one will miss out by a whisker.

For the first eight rnds of this season top 4 remained the same with Tulla, KP, AH, Greenvale. And you'r correct again about Avondale being outtta the top 4 for the first time this season and also Greenvale having to play Tulla and KP have some work to do to stay in.

Bottom of the ladder Albion outright results over Greenvale has to be the shock of the season not just a win but an outright! I suspect an ordinary pitch prepeared helped albions cause, but conditions were same for both sides or am i wrong there?

My smokey for the flag was Avondale mainly becuase i reckon they have the best fast bowler and spinner in Nth A but they are in danger of missing out altogether. You have to admire Westmeadows performances to make their way into the 4th spots.

what does everyone else reckon will happen from 3rd to 7th placed teams on the ladder who will miss out and who will make it.

i still reckon: tulla, kp, greenvale ,avondale will make for a good final series and having played against all 4 i think flag will be up for grabs to all 4. westmeadows in reality may pip one of Avondale or Greenvale outta the 4 and good luck to them they are a good side
with soild cricketers but lack the class in my humble opinion to win the flag. But who knows they might prove me wrong and again good luck to them if they do.

Who do you play for Roy.

are you a chance of finals or are you batterling it out with us?

ROY G BIV;320032 said:

Tulla and KP are givens to finish top two I reckon. That is almost pencilled in, but it sure will be interesting to see who fares better against Greenvale, assuming that Inness will return to the side this week.

To me Avondale lack depth and I think if they scrape in they will bow out in the Semi Final. Parkville are the dark horse now, another win this week would almost see them climb into the four.

An ordinary pitch at Albion, that ground has been renowned for its bad pitches for a few seasons now and i love playing them at home due to this reason, but there were 336 runs made on it on saturday, including 122 from Albion off 13 overs when they actually had 22 or so overs if my calculations are right. Especially with the fact the great man Pizaro with the ball in his hands. On another note, Albion play abers this week who were comprehensively beaten by Tulla, If Albion win another outright, could they possibly sneak into the 4 playing there last game against Westmeadows. Would that scare a few sides up there.

An interesting last two rounds to come and don't forget the dodgy last round, something will come out of it for sure. Surely the VTCA will learn one day that shonky business always come out in Round 11 and finally make it a one day game

middle stump;320140 said:
Tulla and KP are givens to finish top two I reckon. That is almost pencilled in, but it sure will be interesting to see who fares better against Greenvale, assuming that Inness will return to the side this week.

To me Avondale lack depth and I think if they scrape in they will bow out in the Semi Final. Parkville are the dark horse now, another win this week would almost see them climb into the four.

An ordinary pitch at Albion, that ground has been renowned for its bad pitches for a few seasons now and i love playing them at home due to this reason, but there were 336 runs made on it on saturday, including 122 from Albion off 13 overs when they actually had 22 or so overs if my calculations are right. Especially with the fact the great man Pizaro with the ball in his hands. On another note, Albion play abers this week who were comprehensively beaten by Tulla, If Albion win another outright, could they possibly sneak into the 4 playing there last game against Westmeadows. Would that scare a few sides up there.

An interesting last two rounds to come and don't forget the dodgy last round, something will come out of it for sure. Surely the VTCA will learn one day that shonky business always come out in Round 11 and finally make it a one day game

Mate if any team that ends up in Nth A finals deserves respect. I reckon last year when Albion has an outstanding home n away season and won the flag. There was very little difference between the top 4 sides. you only have to look at the results they had against each other so ot was anyone's flag.

This year is the same both tulla and kp have weaknesses that Gr$$nval$,Avondale and may be even westy if they make it can expose.

i'll say it again Avondale and Gr$$nval$ shot themselves i the foot this week. Both lost games that they shouldn't have.

On your comment about parville being a dark horse, i am not sure about that they have st albans and the Footscray both winnable games which could enable them to finish 4th. but i reckon their batting is too weak too challenge the contenders unless they have a lucky day out. Gr$$nval$, Avondale,westy will be more suitable finalists.

like u in the last rnd have seen some funny business and it's set up for one of those last saturdays of cricket, someone will win outright and dispose of team 4th. So it's best to aim for the 3rd spot otherwise you are asking for trouble.

7/564;320099 said:
Who do you play for Roy.

are you a chance of finals or are you batterling it out with us?

7/..., fortunately we're are hoping for march action. Massive last 2 rnds for us, i may be a bit biased but i reckon we deserve that chance. very concerned about someone pulling an outright form their ***e in the last rnd and that could be all she wrote for us

but i can see from the ladder that there is one hell of a battle going on for survival in the bottom half of the ladder. Albion result probably not the best news for your chargers at EK. Also still not sure if 2/3/4 sides go down.

In senior A i see Sunshine UNited maybe heading back to Nth A and maybe even Strathmore. If u blokes survive this year u should take heart from albion who 2 years ago were bottom and last year premers. So things can turn around pretty quick in this grade. i See that young bloke barton has done OK few times this year...all the best to him seems like a good lad. I expected your batters to put up a better show against KP, what's doing with Hackney he's better than his output this season.

ROY G BIV;320167 said:
Mate if any team that ends up in Nth A finals deserves respect. I reckon last year when Albion has an outstanding home n away season and won the flag. There was very little difference between the top 4 sides. you only have to look at the results they had against each other so ot was anyone's flag.

This year is the same both tulla and kp have weaknesses that Gr$$nval$,Avondale and may be even westy if they make it can expose.

i'll say it again Avondale and Gr$$nval$ shot themselves i the foot this week. Both lost games that they shouldn't have.

On your comment about parville being a dark horse, i am not sure about that they have st albans and the Footscray both winnable games which could enable them to finish 4th. but i reckon their batting is too weak too challenge the contenders unless they have a lucky day out. Gr$$nval$, Avondale,westy will be more suitable finalists.

like u in the last rnd have seen some funny business and it's set up for one of those last saturdays of cricket, someone will win outright and dispose of team 4th. So it's best to aim for the 3rd spot otherwise you are asking for trouble.

With Footscray Utd not looking a threat to the finals the last round should most likely be incident free. No F/U captain shanigans to contrive a result to get into the finals & burn others that deserve a spot.

ROY G BIV;320184 said:
7/..., fortunately we're are hoping for march action. Massive last 2 rnds for us, i may be a bit biased but i reckon we deserve that chance. very concerned about someone pulling an outright form their ***e in the last rnd and that could be all she wrote for us

but i can see from the ladder that there is one hell of a battle going on for survival in the bottom half of the ladder. Albion result probably not the best news for your chargers at EK. Also still not sure if 2/3/4 sides go down.

In senior A i see Sunshine UNited maybe heading back to Nth A and maybe even Strathmore. If u blokes survive this year u should take heart from albion who 2 years ago were bottom and last year premers. So things can turn around pretty quick in this grade. i See that young bloke barton has done OK few times this year...all the best to him seems like a good lad. I expected your batters to put up a better show against KP, what's doing with Hackney he's better than his output this season.

Good luck with it Roy.

Mick is doing a good job this year, i'm pretty sure he is going to captain the last 2 games this year to give him some experiance. I'm not 100% sure but thats what i heard sat night. I think he will do a good job.

Very young team so you expect it to be a bit up and down with results. Our young bowlers have been great from about round 4 onwards i think they are starting to believe that they belong Arron is only just turned 17 and has 15 wickets as an off spinner. Glen is 20 and has 15 wickets and L.Ruberto is only 17 as well and has 10 wickets from 5 games. All improving each game' i really do think we have a bright future down there with our kids

We get J.Bell back this week which should help alot but a very very big game for us this week.

Dave Hackney has made a couple of 50's but with his new job finds it hard to get to training. But a game like this week brings out the best in him so fingers crossed a big score coming up

2time;320502 said:
With Footscray Utd not looking a threat to the finals the last round should most likely be incident free. No F/U captain shanigans to contrive a result to get into the finals & burn others that deserve a spot.

This is true, which makes Parkvilles last game very handy. Expect some shifty business down there, remember Manning is still there so anything could happen. Based on a few calculations I have a ladder prediction. Peoples thoughts...

Tulla 111 points
KP 102
St.Albans 82
Parkville 80
-----------------
Avondale 79
Albion 79
Greenvale 78
Westmeadows 73
East Keilor 67
Seddon 59
Footscray Utd 52
Aberfeldie 51

Wallop;320569 said:
This is true, which makes Parkvilles last game very handy. Expect some shifty business down there, remember Manning is still there so anything could happen. Based on a few calculations I have a ladder prediction. Peoples thoughts...

Tulla 111 points
KP 102
St.Albans 82
Parkville 80
-----------------
Avondale 79
Albion 79
Greenvale 78
Westmeadows 73
East Keilor 67
Seddon 59
Footscray Utd 52
Aberfeldie 51

Will be close, i have it

Tulla 114
K/P 105
A/H 88 i think they will win last 2 games
West 83
P/Dist 82
St A 76
EK 69
Albion 69
Aber 58
Seddon 57
FU 55

I'm tipping West to just finish in front off P/Dist as i think West batting is stronger so will end up with more bonus points.

Abers to win its last game and move up a couple of spots.

E/K Albion will be very close all depends how many extra points Albion get in Abers game.

So my Final 4 would be Tulla, Kp AH and Westy.

With bottom 3 Abers Seddon and FU.

But as we all no cricket is a funny game and anything could happen

Phew... very hard for mine to predict what will transpire with the ladder positions.
Having seen wallop & 5/fa's predictions i would have to say that my own guesses are inline/almost identical with 5/fa's ladder....especially top 6/7 spots.

Wallop u r right Parville play Footunited in the last rnd. now teams sitting 3rd and 4th will be looking nervously at this game especially if Footunited's fate in terms of relegation is already sealed by then. Parkville with everythnig to play for and Footunited destined for Nth B could be bad news for 4th and 3rd placed clubs. As such they would be hoping Footscary still be a chance to avoid the drop come Rnd 11 and put up a whole hearted effort. I still think Footunited if fairdinkum have enough ability with the bat to cause an upset in that game provided they r not relegated by then o/w i am afraid they'll just throw in the towel.

7/564;320585 said:
Will be close, i have it

Tulla 114
K/P 105
A/H 88 i think they will win last 2 games
West 83
P/Dist 82
St A 76
EK 69
Albion 69
Aber 58
Seddon 57
FU 55

I'm tipping West to just finish in front off P/Dist as i think West batting is stronger so will end up with more bonus points.

Abers to win its last game and move up a couple of spots.

E/K Albion will be very close all depends how many extra points Albion get in Abers game.

So my Final 4 would be Tulla, Kp AH and Westy.

With bottom 3 Abers Seddon and FU.

But as we all no cricket is a funny game and anything could happen

Greenvale to get wiped off the face of the earth 7fa?

beached as;320713 said:

They probably deserve to be Beached As,not many people respect them on here????????????????:D

ROY G BIV;320639 said:
Phew... very hard for mine to predict what will transpire with the ladder positions.
Having seen wallop & 5/fa's predictions i would have to say that my own guesses are inline/almost identical with 5/fa's ladder....especially top 6/7 spots.

Wallop u r right Parville play Footunited in the last rnd. now teams sitting 3rd and 4th will be looking nervously at this game especially if Footunited's fate in terms of relegation is already sealed by then. Parkville with everythnig to play for and Footunited destined for Nth B could be bad news for 4th and 3rd placed clubs. As such they would be hoping Footscary still be a chance to avoid the drop come Rnd 11 and put up a whole hearted effort. I still think Footunited if fairdinkum have enough ability with the bat to cause an upset in that game provided they r not relegated by then o/w i am afraid they'll just throw in the towel.

Enough ability, mate ther's a good chance a couple of kegs or library books will be offered to Pville to look the other way. It's been done before & it's a good chance it will happen again, everyone knows it but nothing gets done about it.

2time;320941 said:
Enough ability, mate ther's a good chance a couple of kegs or library books will be offered to Pville to look the other way. It's been done before & it's a good chance it will happen again, everyone knows it but nothing gets done about it.

Lol, what on earth are u suggesting ??? FU will bribe Parkville who are still fighting for a finals birth, - lol - it would want to be a huge bribe - shows the depth of thought process going into this.

I played in the FU v Flem game couple of years back and can say both teams acted completely in their own interests with no "favours" or "bribes". Flem declared behind because they couldnt win the 6 points , but with the offer of a target, had a realistic chance of getting 6 points after all.... Nobody at the ground will think they were trying to lose, one of their players (number 9 or 10) even hit the stumps out of the ground with his bat when given LBW - hardly the act of someone happy to lose......

One of the best games of cricket I have played in and something that should probably happen more often given the points system that is in place supports it... Happens every round in Shield cricket.

OnTheLookout;320981 said:
Lol, what on earth are u suggesting ??? FU will bribe Parkville who are still fighting for a finals birth, - lol - it would want to be a huge bribe - shows the depth of thought process going into this.

I played in the FU v Flem game couple of years back and can say both teams acted completely in their own interests with no "favours" or "bribes". Flem declared behind because they couldnt win the 6 points , but with the offer of a target, had a realistic chance of getting 6 points after all.... Nobody at the ground will think they were trying to lose, one of their players (number 9 or 10) even hit the stumps out of the ground with his bat when given LBW - hardly the act of someone happy to lose......

One of the best games of cricket I have played in and something that should probably happen more often given the points system that is in place supports it... Happens every round in Shield cricket.

I think the majority of people reading this would interpret that Pville wouldn't be swayed into that sort of cricket. I've played against FU for years & i've been there when one of their leaders has approached us with a deal of sorts on more than one occasion, if you reckon it's above board & doesn't happen you've got blinkers on mate. They are notorious for it, ask around the traps & i bet ya the majority of them say that FU are always involved. One of their big blokes will come up to you with a scenario or a plan to do this or do that.

2time;320988 said:
I think the majority of people reading this would interpret that Pville wouldn't be swayed into that sort of cricket. I've played against FU for years & i've been there when one of their leaders has approached us with a deal of sorts on more than one occasion, if you reckon it's above board & doesn't happen you've got blinkers on mate. They are notorious for it, ask around the traps & i bet ya the majority of them say that FU are always involved. One of their big blokes will come up to you with a scenario or a plan to do this or do that.

Firstly, I am one of the leaders at FU and have disclosed that previously and said as much in previous post.

I never said teams dont come to agreements on how games could be played (ie declarations) - I just said that never does anything change hands (ie alleged bribes) and Ive never seen any team roll over or not act in their own interests.... With the points system how it is captains have an obligation to try and get as many points as they can from each game- I'm surprised it doesnt happen more to be honest and the Keilor v YP game this week in senior division is another example.

And adding to that, the Flem game referred to above is the only time Ive ever seen an agreement reached and that was in interests of both teams.

Dont suppose you care to say which club you are from and when "the big guy" may have made you some sort of proposal ?

beached as;320713 said:

Good point beached. think i had them 6th just above St Albans .

Don't think they will win last to games.

Hope your side goes well over the next two games :D

OnTheLookout;320992 said:
Firstly, I am one of the leaders at FU and have disclosed that previously and said as much in previous post.

I never said teams dont come to agreements on how games could be played (ie declarations) - I just said that never does anything change hands (ie alleged bribes) and Ive never seen any team roll over or not act in their own interests.... With the points system how it is captains have an obligation to try and get as many points as they can from each game- I'm surprised it doesnt happen more to be honest and the Keilor v YP game this week in senior division is another example.

And adding to that, the Flem game referred to above is the only time Ive ever seen an agreement reached and that was in interests of both teams.

Dont suppose you care to say which club you are from and when "the big guy" may have made you some sort of proposal ?

Mr Lookout...how r u blokes travelling, still believe will win last 2 n aviod relegation or the club is resigned to their fate.

EK and parkville i believe from an outsider looking in on these games u should be a chance in both if the mindset around the club is to fight and avoid the drop.

On all this contriving results business what are teh chances of you blokes coming down with an arrangement (meaning early declaration ala the flemington game as u describe it)with parkville which could gift them atleast bonus points needed for finals birth or even an outright...Don't get me wrong i am not saying u'll take a fall : ) But if u guys need outright to survive and in doing so declare early and hand parkville a finals birth?

fredbassett;321164 said:
heard on the grape vine that if seddon got relegated they be looking at joining the willi comp:

Talking about grape vines, I have it on good authority that Steve Brne has walked out on Willy CYMS and will not play again this year. Any truth to the rumour??? Will he head back to Albion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back